Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

So obvious every single player in those groups (who btw are just the same players on different runs add or minus one player or two) is meph buffed xd. That's like a whole day a run considering that 1m points is just around wave 70.... One of the leading reasons why meph needs to be nerfed badly since these scores are just outrageous and impossible to achieve without that pet. I'd say the best you could get without meph would be around wave 90-100 maybe a little bit more if everyone plays good but meph just boosts these guys to wave 500+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    So obvious every single player in those groups (who btw are just the same players on different runs add or minus one player or two) is meph buffed xd. That's like a whole day a run considering that 1m points is just around wave 70.... One of the leading reasons why meph needs to be nerfed badly since these scores are just outrageous and impossible to achieve without that pet. I'd say the best you could get without meph would be around wave 90-100 maybe a little bit more if everyone plays good but meph just boosts these guys to wave 500+
    900 xD

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

+300 for nerf mephisto
    +300 for reset leaderboard
    +200 make a damage reduction cap 80% only
    +200 for free mephisto to next event even it is nerfed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Nerf Mephisto broken AA xD , big nerf for pvp and slightly nerf for PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

So Mephisto has been out a year... never been an issue or problem...

Newer pets have been coming out and now it's a problem...

Hmm seems like the issue would be with the new pets then really no ? esp as meph has been exactly the same... so considering it was never an issue before, and now it is tho it's still the same... why is the request to nerf a pet that never had a problem in the first place?

especially as it was a pet given to players who had achieved leaderboards and nerfing it now would just be a slap to the face...

(so work hard spend time and money to get into leaderboards... only to have the prize you earnt be nerfed after a year?... come on behave yourselves)

If there was a glitch or a bug with Mephisto then it makes sense to ask for changed and correction, but there isn't...

So makes more sense to be asking to nerf newer pets especially ones that people didn't need to hit the leaderboards to obtain, also makes sense to be more mindful of future pets and also having better descriptions about pet AAs and making them more clear.

What doesn't make sense is this nerf thread for a pet that's a year old that was also given as a reward for leaderboard runners.

Ps. there is also an awakening event coming up soon enough so getting better-awakened gears, and actually learning to play properly and not just button mashing will also lead to a lot better results.

I'm neither an owner of the pet nor am I a LB player so this is an unbiased perspective on the topic so rather then be sucked in by crowd mentality best to look at it as logically as possible with as little emotion towards it all as possible

1 <3

*edit more below*

After a little more looking around, seems best solution would be to just have a max% of damg reduction that can ever be achieved regardless of what elixirs or pets are used.

Say max dam reduction is set to 85% then regardless of having Mephisto or any other pets in party along with elixirs, once a player his the 85% reduction then the rest is just a waste.

That way no pets need to worry about being nerfed also wouldn't need to be so concerned about "select" few that's getting high up on leaderboards as the only advantage they would realistly have is more knowledge on knowing how to run a map
    Last edited by BaronB; 06-20-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Ya nerf mephisto, also nerf eterno and glow. So as arc were, arc arie’s and baby blizz AA nerf all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharmx View Post
    Ya nerf mephisto, also nerf eterno and glow. So as arc were, arc arie’s and baby blizz AA nerf all of them.

STS coming in here with them Nerf guns...

Name:  200.gif
Views: 316
Size:  1.17 MB
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Adjust the damage reduction stacking in the game as suggested by everyone in the thread and then afterwards have a view at Mephisto's range of abilities. Having a total stack over 100%+ damage reduction from gears and pets should not happen since it literally prevents you from dying for decent amount of time where following the same strategy u can literally just carry on until you feel like it / lag and die/ decide to leave the map yourself. This should not have a place honestly.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Based from what I've been reading so far the main problem came after the introduction of %SDR pets, I highly agree that capping the %DR reduction would solve this issue without hurting any of the parties and having a win win scenario. Don't get me wrong I don't own meph since I've been rocking with my nekro ever since, and didn't know that Damage reduction goes way over 100% xD. Besides got no idea that meph has 50% DR since it doesn't stated from its description, either way the best solution for this one is to cap the %DR.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Make the game harder and leave meph alone

12. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    STS coming in here with them Nerf guns...

Name:  200.gif
Views: 316
Size:  1.17 MB
    Lmao

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Make the game harder and leave meph alone
    making the game harder, meaning the game becomes unplayable unless you have mephisto right? whatever happened to variety in choice of pets when everyone just wants to have that “ONE” pet that trumps them all. just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What about cottonkill aa? lasts 11 secs and makes you unvulnerable. Why is he worse than mephisto?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Leave Meph alone agree ! old pet now talking about nerf?? Check the mechanics of the game which is broken

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    What about cottonkill aa? lasts 11 secs and makes you unvulnerable. Why is he worse than mephisto?
    cottonkills shield breaks after receiving a certain amount of damage, viability of that shield does not last 6secs especially when taking damage from high level bosses and mobs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    at lvl60+ pet cotton shield can absorb only 5k damage, at 76 rogue vs rogue (even with maxed armor) its 1-2 combos (with mephisto buff) to break enemy's cotton shield and kill...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The reason why its soo expensive is its aa giving effect... If u have one working its better be quiet. Let new buyers experience first. Obsi base, arc love hb mep aa aint untouchable.. its ur gear and party that matters... But having solo play it feels like its balance.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to UhngAdhiN For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Wonder if half of you even remember when SNS first came out and a handful of players ruled the game so to speak back in the day lol.

Pointless "fixing" any pets until damage reduction stacking is capped/fixed which is the main issue...

Today its Mephesto, Tomorrow will be another pet being called for to be nerfed unless the main cause of the issue is fixed first place.

Its like having leaky water pipes that damage your walls... nerfing Mephisto is the equivalent of fixing the walls and not the actual pipe that's leaking water in the first place causing the damage.

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

idk why you all still talk about mephisto here and why this thread alive cinco already said twice (in this thread + in suggestions section) that %stacking dmg reduce will work differently soon (small nerf to avoid 100% dmg reduce)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to -Rogue- For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharmx View Post

Theres a huge difference though, glow timing requires skill because it only provides 1 second of invulnerability. If you use it too early then it isn’t as effective, but if you use it too late you’ll take full damage. With meph, 1 click and you turn into superman, theres no counter to it. 6 seconds of increased damage and basically invincibility lol