View Poll Results: DL AoC Vanity hats or no AoC vanity hats?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • DL AoC Vanity hats

8 53.33%
  • No DL AoC Vanity hats

7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dark legends AoC Vanity hats or no vanity hats

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    I do not personally think that the ambassador program for Dark Legends should have a vanity because some only apply/join so they can get the vanity.
    That makes no sense at all. If people only apply/join for the vanity, then they should be getting a vanity! I know I won't apply just for the vanity until there is actually a vanity.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That makes no sense at all. If people only apply/join for the vanity, then they should be getting a vanity! I know I won't apply just for the vanity until there is actually a vanity.
    It also makes no sense at all because the mods are pretty good at sifting out the scammers who are "in it for a title."
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    It also makes no sense at all because the mods are pretty good at sifting out the scammers who are "in it for a title."
    Agreed, the mods are scamming those applying to get a vanity hat by not giving them a vanity hat.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

We don't do it for the fame or any title guys. We are doing it because it is a huge honer to be a part of, helping YOU. We are putting a lot of thought into what our first major acts as Ambassadors will be. The vanity hats are the least of our worries I can tell you much.

This sounds like a flame thread to be honest. What is the purpose of judging us enough to think we don't deserve this honer, and then make a poll about it? lol I'm out of this vote thank you very much<3

I am out there every single day. You don't get messages like this for doing nothing and trying to get a title.

As a first gen ambassador, I've seen every single ambassador come (or go for some). There are those who are solely in it for the title or vanity, and then there are those who are in it because they were recognized for their exemplary work and were given a group to help coordinate their efforts to make them more effective.

Yes, we can tell who's in it for the vanity or title. Typically those who ask about it are the ones who want it, most obviously, but then there are those who power trip out of their minds because of some new found title.

To be honest, in *MY OPINION* (<-- notice, MY opinion), the AoC doesn't need a vanity, yet. The program is still very young and evolving, meaning that what has worked for other ambassador programs may not work for AoC or may not even be necessary. To be asking for a vanity or assuming there will be one is a bit asinine as the game has only come out about a month ago. What the people in the program SHOULD be doing is focusing their efforts on helping new players get accustomed to the game and enjoy their time there, as it states in the Ambassador guidelines. Any other time spent on deciding vanities, cool guild names, special forum avatars, etc. is time taken away from what the program is designed and intended for.

You were not chosen to be a standout, nor were you chosen to be any more special than anyone else; you were chosen to help. If anything, *I* (<-- notice the word *I*, meaning my opinion) believe that ambassadors should be more humble than the rest of the players in the community, seeking a career of service rather than self promotion and self gain.

Remember, what you do in any one game or on forums affects not only you and AoC, but also Airrie, the Devs, and the whole Ambassador program that spans across all three games.

P.S. By the way, that screenshot should be removed, you aren't supposed to show screenies of pm's or discuss things that go on in the private forums.
    Last edited by Delphina; 05-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    As a first gen ambassador, I've seen every single ambassador come (or go for some). There are those who are solely in it for the title or vanity, and then there are those who are in it because they were recognized for their exemplary work and were given a group to help coordinate their efforts to make them more effective.

Yes, we can tell who's in it for the vanity or title. Typically those who ask about it are the ones who want it, most obviously, but then there are those who power trip out of their minds because of some new found title.

To be honest, in *MY OPINION* (<-- notice, MY opinion), the AoC doesn't need a vanity, yet. The program is still very young and evolving, meaning that what has worked for other ambassador programs may not work for AoC or may not even be necessary. To be asking for a vanity or assuming there will be one is a bit asinine as the game has only come out about a month ago. What the people in the program SHOULD be doing is focusing their efforts on helping new players get accustomed to the game and enjoy their time there, as it states in the Ambassador guidelines. Any other time spent on deciding vanities, cool guild names, special forum avatars, etc. is time taken away from what the program is designed and intended for.

You were not chosen to be a standout, nor were you chosen to be any more special than anyone else; you were chosen to help. If anything, *I* (<-- notice the word *I*, meaning my opinion) believe that ambassadors should be more humble than the rest of the players in the community, seeking a career of service rather than self promotion and self gain.

Remember, what you do in any one game or on forums affects not only you and AoC, but also Airrie, the Devs, and the whole Ambassador program that spans across all three games.

P.S. By the way, that screenshot should be removed, you aren't supposed to show screenies of pm's or discuss things that go on in the private forums.
    LOL you're hilarious.
    I clearly only said MY opinion, but you still attack me. I never said I was chosen to "stand out or be special." I know why I was chosen.
    NO one assumed squat, you the PEOPLE who disagree with the idea are the only ones assuming.
    I don't know where you are getting your sense of entitlement, but we are people too. We have feelings.
    Don't talk about us like we aren't doing a good job, like you see EVERYTHING we do, like you know EVERYTHING there is to know about us.
    You have no idea what is going on. We don't even know if we will be getting anything.

AGAIN, this is not PL or SL. Things works a lot differently. The vanity system works NOTHING like it does in either of the games. The ambassador program works a bit different in DL too. You need to stop comparing games and acknowledge the fact that things are not always going to be the same. MAYBE if you would stop comparing the games and complaining, instead of congratulating the lucky members chosen to be a part of the program, you'd see differently.

That quote from Airrie? I worked hard to earn that recognition. That was a message, and he sent that to meeee. I am proud of that message, I am proud of what I have done so far, and gosh darnit I'm proud to be an AoC. Like Ghost said, whether or not we get these hats, it will be to bring the community together.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 05-17-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I so disagree with so much said here.

1. The vanity giveaway makes new players feel welcomed. It's no skin off STS's metaphorical nose to give new players some little vanity like the AoA party hat. When I was new an experienced player ran with me once then dumped a bunch of pinks on me. There were no Ambassadors at the time. That one player really made a huge difference. When I go into FH I intend to first give out hats. Why? It opens the door. You can't just stand there offering help. They might distrust your motives. But the little hat says, I'm official. And then they are more comfortable. I also give away orange and green items under level 10.

2. I don't like questioning motives behind helping. I don't have ESP. If I go with my inklings, they tend to be negative out of caution, so I try to ignore them in this case. Helping is helping no matter what the motive. There are very few uber-enlightened people who help for no reason. I confess that I get pleasure from helping people to the point where I often want to thank them for asking me to help! Not that anyone else cares, but Paramahansa Yogananda said we should thank people who ask for help because it gives us a chance to burn up bad karma. Yet the Bhagavad Gita, his prime source, said that the greatest renunciation is to renounce rewards for being good. I don't know anyone who has achieved that level of enlightenment. Certainly not me. I like to be appreciated as a helper. It feeds my sense of self-worth. So I have a ways to go, I guess.

So please, yes. Give the AoC a vanity. But there's no need to vote. STS will make one eventually because they pretty much agree with both my points.

p.s. I expect Necro to disagree. No problem, bro. We've been down this road before, and we still respect each other a lot.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 05-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

LOL you're hilarious.
    I clearly only said MY opinion, but you still attack me. I never said I was chosen to "stand out or be special."
    NO one assumed squat, you the PEOPLE who disagree with the idea are the only ones assuming.
    I don't know where you are getting your sense of entitlement, but we are people too. We have feelings.
    Don't talk about us like we aren't doing a good job, like you see EVERYTHING we do, like you know EVERYTHING there is to know about us.
    You have no idea what is going on. We don't even know if we will be getting anything.

AGAIN, this is not PL or SL. Things works a lot differently. The vanity system works NOTHING like it does in either of the games. The ambassador program works a bit different in DL too. You need to stop comparing games and acknowledge the fact that things are going to be different. MAYBE if you would stop comparing the games and complaining, instead of congratulating the lucky members chosen to be a part of the program, you'd see differently.

That quote from Airrie? I worked hard to earn that recognition. That was a message, and he sent that to meeee. I am proud of that message, I am proud of what I have done so far, and gosh darnit I'm proud to be an AoC. Like Ghost said, whether or not we get these hats, it will be to bring the community together.

Lol.

My post wasn't an attack at you, it was a message to those who were chosen as AoC. You have the right to disagree, as do I, and so I did.

As you said, DL isn't like the other games, which I agree with. You also said that what works in PL or SL may not work in DL, which I agree with and stated in my post. We basically said the same things, although with different tones.

No matter what though, we are all still part of the ambassador program, and I don't want what I say/do to have a negative impact on you and my Ambassador brethren, and I'd appreciate it if my brethren would do the same (not directed at you Art).

Oh and Snake, I get that the vanity helps to foster good feelings, but I was just suggesting that perhaps they could try to find something that works better for them rather than jumping straight to a vanity.

We aren't always thinking the same thing, but I highly value your opinion and thoughts. Much respect Snake

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Hello everyone... Please remember to follow the forum rules when replying to a thread by keeping it civil.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Hello everyone... Please remember to follow the forum rules when replying to a thread by keeping it civil.
    See, even Delphina says the AoC appliers that do it for the vanity should get a vanity.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

See, even Delphina says the AoC appliers that do it for the vanity should get a vanity.
    That is not what I was saying. I just wanted to remind everyone to keep this discussion going in a positive direction.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:649954
    Actually, when I was applying, I wasn't even thinking about a vanity. I was thinking about helping the newbies so they aren't lost like I was when I first started playing pocket legends.
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Either way, Kaytar, STS will do what they want, and I'm pretty sure they will eventually make one. I favor sunglasses. It's the icon for hat vanities but they don't exist yet. New players would get sunglasses. It's silly, of course, since they only come out at night. But maybe even a little light stings their eyes. Wave at an Ambassador, get sunglasses. Then you know you can ask her questions and expect to be treated nicely, not insulted for being a "noob".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

That is not what I was saying. I just wanted to remind everyone to keep this discussion going in a positive direction.
    Yes lol rather than an AoC bash thread.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

they deserve hats duh
    Popout

GL everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Either way, Kaytar, STS will do what they want, and I'm pretty sure they will eventually make one. I favor sunglasses. It's the icon for hat vanities but they don't exist yet. New players would get sunglasses. It's silly, of course, since they only come out at night. But maybe even a little light stings their eyes. Wave at an Ambassador, get sunglasses. Then you know you can ask her questions and expect to be treated nicely, not insulted for being a "noob".
    So you are saying AoCs that join for the vanity should get night vision goggles? No wonder you are a guardian, backing up essentially what Delphina said.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Even if you do help them? Most 17+ year olds can figure out the game with ease. I just think its unnecessary unless someone asks for help. Most people are willing to answer questions for others without the need for a Q&A program.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    So you are saying AoCs that join for the vanity should get night vision goggles? No wonder you are a guardian, backing up essentially what Delphina said.
    everyone backs up what delphina said because all she said was keep it civil.
    Kaytar

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Hi gang,

We keep Ambassador politics within private walls.
    We've worked through a process and the Dark Legends ambassadors (and Star Legends) will have their own exclusive vanity item in game, in good time. As a bonus, they'll give out an awesome mini for everyone else much in line with the party hat in Pocket Legends.

On a side note ~ it's absolutely okay to have this discussion, but I'm not seeing why it's really brought up. I see the core issue here 'for the title and vanity' but this is something the program should worry about internally, why is it a concern of anyone else?
    AoA | AoB | AoC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airrie View Post
    Hi gang,

We keep Ambassador politics within private walls.
    We've worked through a process and the Dark Legends ambassadors (and Star Legends) will have their own exclusive vanity item in game, in good time. As a bonus, they'll give out an awesome mini for everyone else much in line with the party hat in Pocket Legends.

On a side note ~ it's absolutely okay to have this discussion, but I'm not seeing why it's really brought up. I see the core issue here 'for the title and vanity' but this is something the program should worry about internally, why is it a concern of anyone else?
    Amen...and goodnight. Thank you, a reasonable answer for not making a mountain out of a hill.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I don't see as a problem for any one, I know we got good people who love helping, and being there to help.

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!