View Poll Results: DL AoC Vanity hats or no AoC vanity hats?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • DL AoC Vanity hats

8 53.33%
  • No DL AoC Vanity hats

7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dark legends AoC Vanity hats or no vanity hats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Dark legends AoC Vanity hats or no vanity hats

please disregard this thread, it's caused too much. Disregard the poll as well, that would be great. I'd like to apologize to all players for this unnessacery thread. Spacetime Studios will come up with what they choose, and it is not up to me to interfere. Lots of the threads I have made have been useless, and they don't help anybody. I wish I could start over again, because I really regret this poll, I really regret these DL posts and fights, and I regret even making a forums account. The forums are great, don't get me wrong, however, I would just like to observe. You know, look at updates and terms of service. Again, sorry to all, I hope we can start again and all get along. Thank you for reading this, and have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by thecrankybearsam; 05-17-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

No hats.

Do it for fun not goodies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

No hat.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I like the idea of having a vanity as it helps the newbies realise that the ambassadors really know what they're doing, but on the other hand, people see the hat as an exclusive item and try only for the goodies
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I do not personally think that the ambassador program for Dark Legends should have a vanity because some only apply/join so they can get the vanity.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    I do not personally think that the ambassador program for Dark Legends should have a vanity because some only apply/join so they can get the vanity.

Lol

-------AEO-------

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    That makes no sense at all. If people only apply/join for the vanity, then they should be getting a vanity! I know I won't apply just for the vanity until there is actually a vanity.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That makes no sense at all. If people only apply/join for the vanity, then they should be getting a vanity! I know I won't apply just for the vanity until there is actually a vanity.
    It also makes no sense at all because the mods are pretty good at sifting out the scammers who are "in it for a title."
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    It also makes no sense at all because the mods are pretty good at sifting out the scammers who are "in it for a title."
    Agreed, the mods are scamming those applying to get a vanity hat by not giving them a vanity hat.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I think some people apply not to help... But to show some sort of "elite" status. Personally, I rarely see them around town unless Delphina is walking around. Shouldn't it be more of a job to stay around the area where newbies will need help? Why are they now allowed to level? I think instead they should have some sort of rep system, as others have stated; for people who genuinely help and deserve some sort of reward. Not a big reward, but something to let them know that they are appreciated by the community.
    Last edited by Prestige; 05-16-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

maybe this could be moved to the dl side of the forums, so that its not influenced by all that has surrounded the issue of aoa's in pl lately.

Edit, sory on mobile app thought this was just in the pl side.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 05-16-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

We don't do it for the fame or any title guys. We are doing it because it is a huge honer to be a part of, helping YOU. We are putting a lot of thought into what our first major acts as Ambassadors will be. The vanity hats are the least of our worries I can tell you much.

This sounds like a flame thread to be honest. What is the purpose of judging us enough to think we don't deserve this honer, and then make a poll about it? lol I'm out of this vote thank you very much<3

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    I think some people apply not to help... But to show some sort of "elite" status. Personally, I rarely see them around town unless Delphina is walking around. Shouldn't it be more of a job to stay around the area where newbies will need help? Why are they now allowed to level? I think instead they should have some sort of rep system, as others have stated; for people who genuinely help and deserve some sort of reward. Not a big reward, but something to let them know that they are appreciated by the community.
    I am out there every single day. You don't get messages like this for doing nothing and trying to get a title.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 05-17-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    A true Star Legend...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

We don't do it for the fame or any title guys. We are doing it because it is a huge honer to be a part of, helping YOU. We are putting a lot of thought into what our first major acts as Ambassadors will be. The vanity hats are the least of our worries I can tell you much.

This sounds like a flame thread to be honest. What is the purpose of judging us enough to think we don't deserve this honer, and then make a poll about it? lol I'm out of this vote thank you very much<3

I am out there every single day. You don't get messages like this for doing nothing and trying to get a title.

As a first gen ambassador, I've seen every single ambassador come (or go for some). There are those who are solely in it for the title or vanity, and then there are those who are in it because they were recognized for their exemplary work and were given a group to help coordinate their efforts to make them more effective.

Yes, we can tell who's in it for the vanity or title. Typically those who ask about it are the ones who want it, most obviously, but then there are those who power trip out of their minds because of some new found title.

To be honest, in *MY OPINION* (<-- notice, MY opinion), the AoC doesn't need a vanity, yet. The program is still very young and evolving, meaning that what has worked for other ambassador programs may not work for AoC or may not even be necessary. To be asking for a vanity or assuming there will be one is a bit asinine as the game has only come out about a month ago. What the people in the program SHOULD be doing is focusing their efforts on helping new players get accustomed to the game and enjoy their time there, as it states in the Ambassador guidelines. Any other time spent on deciding vanities, cool guild names, special forum avatars, etc. is time taken away from what the program is designed and intended for.

You were not chosen to be a standout, nor were you chosen to be any more special than anyone else; you were chosen to help. If anything, *I* (<-- notice the word *I*, meaning my opinion) believe that ambassadors should be more humble than the rest of the players in the community, seeking a career of service rather than self promotion and self gain.

Remember, what you do in any one game or on forums affects not only you and AoC, but also Airrie, the Devs, and the whole Ambassador program that spans across all three games.

P.S. By the way, that screenshot should be removed, you aren't supposed to show screenies of pm's or discuss things that go on in the private forums.
    Last edited by Delphina; 05-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    As a first gen ambassador, I've seen every single ambassador come (or go for some). There are those who are solely in it for the title or vanity, and then there are those who are in it because they were recognized for their exemplary work and were given a group to help coordinate their efforts to make them more effective.

Yes, we can tell who's in it for the vanity or title. Typically those who ask about it are the ones who want it, most obviously, but then there are those who power trip out of their minds because of some new found title.

To be honest, in *MY OPINION* (<-- notice, MY opinion), the AoC doesn't need a vanity, yet. The program is still very young and evolving, meaning that what has worked for other ambassador programs may not work for AoC or may not even be necessary. To be asking for a vanity or assuming there will be one is a bit asinine as the game has only come out about a month ago. What the people in the program SHOULD be doing is focusing their efforts on helping new players get accustomed to the game and enjoy their time there, as it states in the Ambassador guidelines. Any other time spent on deciding vanities, cool guild names, special forum avatars, etc. is time taken away from what the program is designed and intended for.

You were not chosen to be a standout, nor were you chosen to be any more special than anyone else; you were chosen to help. If anything, *I* (<-- notice the word *I*, meaning my opinion) believe that ambassadors should be more humble than the rest of the players in the community, seeking a career of service rather than self promotion and self gain.

Remember, what you do in any one game or on forums affects not only you and AoC, but also Airrie, the Devs, and the whole Ambassador program that spans across all three games.

P.S. By the way, that screenshot should be removed, you aren't supposed to show screenies of pm's or discuss things that go on in the private forums.
    LOL you're hilarious.
    I clearly only said MY opinion, but you still attack me. I never said I was chosen to "stand out or be special." I know why I was chosen.
    NO one assumed squat, you the PEOPLE who disagree with the idea are the only ones assuming.
    I don't know where you are getting your sense of entitlement, but we are people too. We have feelings.
    Don't talk about us like we aren't doing a good job, like you see EVERYTHING we do, like you know EVERYTHING there is to know about us.
    You have no idea what is going on. We don't even know if we will be getting anything.

AGAIN, this is not PL or SL. Things works a lot differently. The vanity system works NOTHING like it does in either of the games. The ambassador program works a bit different in DL too. You need to stop comparing games and acknowledge the fact that things are not always going to be the same. MAYBE if you would stop comparing the games and complaining, instead of congratulating the lucky members chosen to be a part of the program, you'd see differently.

That quote from Airrie? I worked hard to earn that recognition. That was a message, and he sent that to meeee. I am proud of that message, I am proud of what I have done so far, and gosh darnit I'm proud to be an AoC. Like Ghost said, whether or not we get these hats, it will be to bring the community together.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 05-17-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

LOL you're hilarious.
    I clearly only said MY opinion, but you still attack me. I never said I was chosen to "stand out or be special."
    NO one assumed squat, you the PEOPLE who disagree with the idea are the only ones assuming.
    I don't know where you are getting your sense of entitlement, but we are people too. We have feelings.
    Don't talk about us like we aren't doing a good job, like you see EVERYTHING we do, like you know EVERYTHING there is to know about us.
    You have no idea what is going on. We don't even know if we will be getting anything.

AGAIN, this is not PL or SL. Things works a lot differently. The vanity system works NOTHING like it does in either of the games. The ambassador program works a bit different in DL too. You need to stop comparing games and acknowledge the fact that things are going to be different. MAYBE if you would stop comparing the games and complaining, instead of congratulating the lucky members chosen to be a part of the program, you'd see differently.

That quote from Airrie? I worked hard to earn that recognition. That was a message, and he sent that to meeee. I am proud of that message, I am proud of what I have done so far, and gosh darnit I'm proud to be an AoC. Like Ghost said, whether or not we get these hats, it will be to bring the community together.

Lol.

My post wasn't an attack at you, it was a message to those who were chosen as AoC. You have the right to disagree, as do I, and so I did.

As you said, DL isn't like the other games, which I agree with. You also said that what works in PL or SL may not work in DL, which I agree with and stated in my post. We basically said the same things, although with different tones.

No matter what though, we are all still part of the ambassador program, and I don't want what I say/do to have a negative impact on you and my Ambassador brethren, and I'd appreciate it if my brethren would do the same (not directed at you Art).

Oh and Snake, I get that the vanity helps to foster good feelings, but I was just suggesting that perhaps they could try to find something that works better for them rather than jumping straight to a vanity.

We aren't always thinking the same thing, but I highly value your opinion and thoughts. Much respect Snake

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I don't think anyone in here is judging the aoc, but this thread is in pl where there is months of good and bad history about the aoa. This is why there is immediate unpositive feedback, also why I said it should be moved and or maybe reworded.
    I didn't personally see the op as making this to say aoc don't deserve something. my interpretation of this thread was more along the lines as "is it good for the community to have these rewards" which seems a fair topic. I shouldn't speak for others tho-

Edit (Derp, it's posted in off top, but u catch my drift)
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 05-16-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

No worries, I'm just giving my opinion. I feel proud to be a part of this team, and if STS decides they want to brand it with a vanity I'd feel honored. This is not Pocket Legends or Star Legends, this is Dark Legends and things work a lot different. Lol this has been such an exciting experience already.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I am sorry, but I understand it's not all about"hats". Ive known that since I found out about AoA in PL. It's all about what ArtStar said, having a hat is not what I intended, and it's good for the people too, because they might think it's all about the hat. So forget the poll, ok? Whatever Spacetime chooses is fine with me.

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Speculating on others motive is kinda a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrankybearsam View Post
    So forget the poll, ok? Whatever Spacetime chooses is fine with me.
    I agreed with that before either of us woke up, so I didn't vote =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecrankybearsam:649228
    I am sorry, but I understand it's not all about"hats". Ive known that since I found out about AoA in PL. It's all about what ArtStar said, having a hat is not what I intended, and it's good for the people too, because they might think it's all about the hat. So forget the poll, ok? Whatever Spacetime chooses is fine with me.
    I have been lurking this thread. Good choice of words bro... and if they do its always to help bring ppl together
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos