Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The AL experience for new players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Add first 2 days of new created account double xp will be very useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

My brother stopped playing after tindrin because maps were empty and the mobs were too hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

very helpful thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Add first 2 days of new created account double xp will be very useful.
    Be reasonable...that be too op lol everyone would be lvl 76 np

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Lmfao. I make a thread asking for this and people disagree with me, someone else makes one asking the same thing everyone agrees.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...52-Leveling-up

Quote Originally Posted by tapsykrete View Post
    thats why i hate for those guild need requirements to join there guild like need max lvl with more aps and have good pve kills instead of joining and helping newbies.
    Actually had a guild named <Kill Shot> we invited a ton of new players and helped them level up a lot. We quit that guild because all they did was leave us and spread lies about us even after we leveled them gave them free arcane eggs weapons etc. So we closed that guild and started <Unit> we still invite people with very low pve lvl but we don't help like we used to. Had so many people join get to lv 76 from our help then "/g ok bye noobs im 76" and leave. Maybe if people were more respective towards each other then everyone would have all they needed.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 06-21-2021 at 03:18 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    Hey, I wanted to bring something up..
    about a week ago I introduced AL to a good friend of mine.
    He started playing he said he realy likes this game and played alot during that week..

one thing that he said which is hard for him is finishing maps.
    from tindrin and above, it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to finish some of the maps.
    he got to level 51 and with the best legendary gears for his level almost did no damage to Glintstone Mobs.

yeah it is understandable that it suppose to be played as a team, but he told me he was waiting in map for 10 min, and no one joined..

I helped him myself clearing these maps but imagine if he had no help?
    he would have been frustrated and give up..

I think all maps should be a little bit easier when someone is alone in maps, make it possible for a solo new players to clear maps alone, not too easy of course.
    from what I have seen, his level 51 rog fully equiped legendary gear for his level, with "aimed shot skill" made 20% damage of the Glintstone orc mob HP (also don't forget all the CC, Healers, poison pools new players needs to deal with ALONE)

and after I cleared the map for him, the boss normal attack instantly killed him (not the red zones..)

I think this is why many new players stop playing, and to be honest if I was at the same situation - I would get frustrated and perhaps stop as well.

I think you our beloved devs should address this.
    I love this game realy much and I would not like to see many new players quit cause of such reasons.
    it is understandable new players can ask for help from friends / guild but for example my friend isn't speaking english that well so he couldn't ask from anyone but me.

That will be all, I hope you could adress what I have described
    HI! I have an idea. instead of making the maps easier...it could be implemented when 1 minute passes and nobody joins; the instance is open to ALL players.

And no I'm not sure why players can only join other players who are 2 levels within their own level...

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Lmfao. I make a thread asking for this and people disagree with me, someone else makes one asking the same thing everyone agrees.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...52-Leveling-up

Actually had a guild named <Kill Shot> we invited a ton of new players and helped them level up a lot. We quit that guild because all they did was leave us and spread lies about us even after we leveled them gave them free arcane eggs weapons etc. So we closed that guild and started <Unit> we still invite people with very low pve lvl but we don't help like we used to. Had so many people join get to lv 76 from our help then "/g ok bye noobs im 76" and leave. Maybe if people were more respective towards each other then everyone would have all they needed.

(if you are fast triggered and/or annoyed stop reading and jump to the next comment)

Well how to explain most are just lazy helping others and only want to look good on lb. The only reason they want you is, when you are an advantage for them. Quite easy and annoying. ( I started this game in 2013) Till last year ago almost all guilds rejected me. And now when I have all aps many pve kills good pvp kdr and not bad hc chars. Guess what. Now they are all coming back and asking if I don't want to join them since I now meet their requirements and am bringing seasonal and save banners for the guild. I feel bad for all small guilds who are spending their time effort and gold into ppl they never met before so called randoms and at the end those randoms disrespect you and leave. You can't do anything against it. I would even say those small guilds are working for the bigger ones. They help you grinding each day dailies till you are lvl 76 help hard aps go with you hardcore 71, borrow you some good gears, explain you all they know about the game and are good friends always there for you. And then when you become interesting for better placed lb guilds they request you to join them because you are too good for such a "bad" guild and deserve a spot in their guild. Well one of the only reason why they recruit you is because you are an advantage for them. Not interested in being friends with you, just be there and help them. But most important don't ask them for help, because they are always busy except you do a gold giveaway. So overall I can conclude that many people are abusing those small guilds to become good and then spread out and never come back.

After this a bit emotional and overreacted post I hope you guys to stay informative and at the topic.
    If you have a different opinion let me know ofc in the comments below.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oawaoebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The guild thing wouldve never been a problem if a member cap per guild was a thing. But its too late for that now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    (if you are fast triggered and/or annoyed stop reading and jump to the next comment)

Well how to explain most are just lazy helping others and only want to look good on lb. The only reason they want you is, when you are an advantage for them. Quite easy and annoying. ( I started this game in 2013) Till last year ago almost all guilds rejected me. And now when I have all aps many pve kills good pvp kdr and not bad hc chars. Guess what. Now they are all coming back and asking if I don't want to join them since I now meet their requirements and am bringing seasonal and save banners for the guild. I feel bad for all small guilds who are spending their time effort and gold into ppl they never met before so called randoms and at the end those randoms disrespect you and leave. You can't do anything against it. I would even say those small guilds are working for the bigger ones. They help you grinding each day dailies till you are lvl 76 help hard aps go with you hardcore 71, borrow you some good gears, explain you all they know about the game and are good friends always there for you. And then when you become interesting for better placed lb guilds they request you to join them because you are too good for such a "bad" guild and deserve a spot in their guild. Well one of the only reason why they recruit you is because you are an advantage for them. Not interested in being friends with you, just be there and help them. But most important don't ask them for help, because they are always busy except you do a gold giveaway. So overall I can conclude that many people are abusing those small guilds to become good and then spread out and never come back.

After this a bit emotional and overreacted post I hope you guys to stay informative and at the topic.
    If you have a different opinion let me know ofc in the comments below.
    Of all the 8 years of my experience in the game I have never met once a person like you say.
    A person who sacrificed his time and energy for another "random noob" to get better.
    Mostly it's for some hidden expectation.
    If what u say is true..it's a cosmically low chance find.
    Or I just don't know to find game friends.

I'm currently leveling up a new char and I just shout all around the existing pop for help in fly and hydra ..even say I pay a bit.
    Noone ...NADA.
    So its better STS does something about it...making leveling easier since there's not a single enjoyable thing about leveling once you're past the normal storyline...from there it's repetitives daily ,same grind for another 20 - 30 days to get to 76.

And for those who say other than dailies you can do the festerfang grinds for free XP...
    I have tried and that bracket of 70-73 is mostly empty ..and only advantage is trying to call a 76 to quickly grind out the quest for you.

Most mega hit mmorpgs have squished their leveling experience because they know that there's no content for low level players other than cap anymore..(new level range of current expansion).which is why the 500 plat pack exists.

But for the newbs, who can't buy plat but level up the hard way...it's going to be a downhill ride.

My theory: I think they will keep the leveling process as hard and keep exponentially increasing the xp per level in coming expansion only to sell that plat pack of levlar instant level feature..

If they ease it to get to cap for new players,why would they be inclined to buy the pack costing 500 plats. Eh.

Ty for the read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xerofith View Post
    Top guilds will not stay in the top if they are open to people across levels. You have to work your way up in the game and be well-geared/skilled to join those guilds. Did you think those guilds were formed with 200+ lv76 max geared max-aps players? No. Every guild had to start somewhere. The same goes for literally every game with a working guild/clan system. You obviously have 0 knowledge about how these guilds function and just saying stuff for the sake of it. If you want to join a guild that helps, there are literally tons of guilds that do that, you just have to find the right place and devote yourself to that guild.
    I think you did not understand it. The topic still is why does people leave the guild when they reach lvl 76.
    And how guild lb works don't worry I know a lot of it and there's even a thread about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

+1

Spitting facts right here

I've observe my friend who just started few weeks ago he pm me and said impossible to clear glintstone cavern alone even at lv55 still struggle to do a lv46 based map lv57-58 are the only starting point of dmg @cinco please take notice of this player's giving up because literally orc dmg and bombs splash will kill you easily also please add skill recommendation/suggestions for players like advertise the use of shield I've seen many newbies doesn't even have shield as skill , every town should have guide like festerfang guide with how xp combo works and Ultimate skill works please add those in every town with more detail in expansion as extra update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xerofith View Post
    Top guilds will not stay in the top if they are open to people across levels. You have to work your way up in the game and be well-geared/skilled to join those guilds. Did you think those guilds were formed with 200+ lv76 max geared max-aps players? No. Every guild had to start somewhere. The same goes for literally every game with a working guild/clan system. You obviously have 0 knowledge about how these guilds function and just saying stuff for the sake of it. If you want to join a guild that helps, there are literally tons of guilds that do that, you just have to find the right place and devote yourself to that guild.
    Best solution here is to add player guild reputation system idk how it works but just add reputation that shows ur reputation on ur previous guilds on how helpful u are joining guildies in battle (map) idk xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In my opinion, the main problem is that the game punishes new players severely to pay up if they want to access the contents of the game with ease. To be honest, I got baited by STS to pay up. I just couldn't stand the torturous grinding to unlock the end-game content. And when I got to the end-game content, it wasn't much engaging or fun.

This has created a divide in the AL community between casual f2p (free-to-play) players versus p2w (pay-to-win) players. It also made public games severely toxic and selective when it comes to people you run maps with randomly. For example, most of the overpowered players on top do not want to carry underpowered players in randoms/parties, and they even sometimes bring them down by forms of mockery and insults. High-ranking guilds are extremely picky and low-level ones are filled with beggars or are dead. And with hard maps/contents to top it off? Forget it...

As a result, this easily discourages most new players to drop the game in a few days of gameplay. This is extremely unhealthy when it comes to the longevity of the game. The devs are most likely not going to implement a change because this will ruin their $$$.

Now, is it possible to reach overpowered status in Arcane Legends for free? Yes, but you will need to put in some hellish work and a lot of luck to do so. But only a few ever make it that far, so if you are one of 'em I highly respect you.

The only thing preventing me from uninstalling this game from my phone is the upcoming expansion. If this upcoming expansion brings no changes to this system, then I am for sure quitting.
    Last edited by Zevileinstein; 06-22-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Agreed, I had a few friends try the game and they all quit when bosses became impossible. I went and cleared for them, but that makes them lose interest as well. Most people quit by around 46ish.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Hmmm...

Some good points made especially about the packs that currently end at level 40 and the fact that its also lacking of equipment.

Making things like maps easier etc, however... yeah I can't say I can agree because if something becomes too easy then it takes the fun and challenge element of it which is what you would want out of the game in the first place.

When I first started this game it was a good 8/9 months before I was able to finish all the maps (not as many as there is now)and even then I couldn't still do them myself.

This is a game you are supposed to do a bit of grinding, so making things too easy means you take that element out of it and if these people who are quitting at level 40/50s were to spend some time leveling up some more instead they would find those maps they were stuck on easier to complete and progress further in the game getting to the end game areas and maps which is where the majority of players would usually be hanging around hence why maps at the lower levels being dead so to speak.

Better guides for new players have been brought up before and tho even I would agree I also feel it's fair to add that it is also something that could be improved by players who more so as they would know better than the devs would how to get started in game and the importance of being interactive and getting involved with the games community in and out of the game (ie forums)

I'm just as guilty as even something for myself as a long-term player and previously a content creator (which I want to get back into) should be looking at creating simple content that could be shared to help new players experience to the game.

In regards to top guilds being mentioned, to start with if there were no leaderboards or achievements to the game there would be nothing to strive for or set as a goal which becomes the motivation for playing.

Yes, altho accepting members into a guild half of the current cap doesn't actually affect guild rankings. The one thing it will affect is the atmosphere in the guild itself. Players who have been playing for a long time end up wanting to move on from the days of when they first played and when actually needing help themselves would find it very difficult to find when constantly surrounded by new players that would be unable to help you.

It's good to give but it's unhealthy for the mind and soul to always be the one giving, it needs balance to maintain harmony.

There are some groups/guilds which do however just that, and enjoy spending their time helping people where possible, let them join the guild and educate them about the game the best way possible, and amongst themselves, they are able to support each other, help newcomers and are not concerned about where they are on leaderboards because their focus is on helping and having fun.

Now once someone new who joined said guild for a while and developed themselves into an end game char, chances are they might want to leave, explore around the games community more join other guilds etc and they could also end up staying in the guild for a long time, become part of the group of players within the guild that continue on helping new players. Either choice made is absolutely fine as it's all part of the natural cycle of it all.

One issue is how I feel it seems the norm to just sometimes expect help or handouts given straight away as not everyone also would be as willing to just randomly every single new person playing the game, whatever their reasons might be that is absolutely fine as well because for anyone who has ever truly just spent a long time explaining things to new players to the game over and over again will appreciate how mentally exhausting it can be which is why my respect goes out to the ones that still do it day in and day out.

The concept of establishing bonds with others seems to have gone out the window as well unfortunately and even not too long ago personally experiencing letting someone joining guild, helping them out when they asked, then another day they asked again, which at the time they didn't get a response so they decide to leave. It's unfortunate, it happens, but it's also important to remember that there are people like that out there which then causes to put people off usually from wanting to help in the future.

People in top guilds usually spend a lot of their time developing and gaining achievements so will also tend to put in place harder entry requirements to also deter new inexperienced players along with people that might be just trying to get in to take advantage of said experienced players.

The one big difference with the game now vs before is that its closed the gap between the free2play and pay2play players quite a bit. The number of ways players can now earn gold or loot gears and in less then half a year if enough effort is put in can easily be well geared, end game and on a seasonal leaderboard... things like that used to be unheard of.

Real problem perhaps might be just enhancing the community support aspect might be the key.

Some of it would need to be come from the Development team to implement particular features but would also need the support and participation of the current community as well.

An idea to throw into the mix is what if there was a way for new player to be able to send a global message out to everyone in game (not just in a particular town) that could be asking a question or for help.

Now just like once main characters reach end game they have the ability to make hardcore characters, what if you could choose to opt into the support mailing service so when a new player sends out a mail with their request. it would only be received by those who have opted in for it.

The mail sent by the new player would be sent to all those who have opted into the system so some might be offline but some might be online and even if the new player was to write the message in a non English language the chances of it being picked up by such a worldwide community we have would also be high.

The Devs would need to implement the option in house mail, to either enter a players name or send the global message to support(support being the players who have chosen to opt in) along with a mini-tutorial in game about being able to do such a thing in game for new players.

The feature would need a bit of moderation at first to stop anyone choosing to be toxic with it, perhaps in a way of having a report feature for messages sent that are moderated and can result in instant life bans on violating accounts. Bit like what was implements to deter people with officer positions in a guild from doing mass kicks.

A feature like that would probably be easier to implement as it can use already existing features with a great benefit for new players to get a better gaming experience along with enforcing a source of the games community spirit which can in turn draw in and retain new players.

Some food for thought hopefully

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naaabmage View Post
    Ikr dam and when u hit fester graveyard and mogera it's even more of a nightmare so hard devs rly need to look into this....I recently made a new account and oh dear lord its literally impossible without help.. .I even had 71 arcs for mogera still hard..hell even fester was kinda tough...only thing helped was ebon armour tbh... sts make the maps bit easier for solo players at least goddam have mercy on these new players
    Agree with this. Festerfang and mogera are nightmare for legendary user. Even with full party of legendary user, I doubt they will survive with no death

Sent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Imagine spending the time to make an alt forum account just to post a photo and thanking the post with your main after you made the post on your alt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    You should see the post where the following subject tried to pay his respects to someone who actually passed away in the AL community by conducting some silly little ritual-via-text of his.

Really will tell you what's their character. It was one of the worst posts i've ever seen on any video game forums ever.

It was actually shocking to see something like that. I never thought i'd see someone play pretend over a persons dead corpse.....yikes...

I hope the people who are harassing you daily realize that you're actually 100x better than them. You help people a lot and put love into it too, please keep it up and ignore these people. We appreciate all your contributions to this community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Make the maps easier, easy fix.....

Or somehow add A.I bots for the players to run with...

When the old players played those maps, they didn't have to solo them, but now all new players have to.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk