Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The AL experience for new players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Default The AL experience for new players

Hey, I wanted to bring something up..
    about a week ago I introduced AL to a good friend of mine.
    He started playing he said he realy likes this game and played alot during that week..

one thing that he said which is hard for him is finishing maps.
    from tindrin and above, it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to finish some of the maps.
    he got to level 51 and with the best legendary gears for his level almost did no damage to Glintstone Mobs.

yeah it is understandable that it suppose to be played as a team, but he told me he was waiting in map for 10 min, and no one joined..

I helped him myself clearing these maps but imagine if he had no help?
    he would have been frustrated and give up..

I think all maps should be a little bit easier when someone is alone in maps, make it possible for a solo new players to clear maps alone, not too easy of course.
    from what I have seen, his level 51 rog fully equiped legendary gear for his level, with "aimed shot skill" made 20% damage of the Glintstone orc mob HP (also don't forget all the CC, Healers, poison pools new players needs to deal with ALONE)

and after I cleared the map for him, the boss normal attack instantly killed him (not the red zones..)

I think this is why many new players stop playing, and to be honest if I was at the same situation - I would get frustrated and perhaps stop as well.

I think you our beloved devs should address this.
    I love this game realy much and I would not like to see many new players quit cause of such reasons.
    it is understandable new players can ask for help from friends / guild but for example my friend isn't speaking english that well so he couldn't ask from anyone but me.

That will be all, I hope you could adress what I have described
    Last edited by trueido; 06-20-2021 at 10:33 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to trueido For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

+1 even im an experienced player I find it very hard to level up, you dont get free xp bonus ad on first day playing and no way will the new players know about stacking xp elixirs. I think beginners should really be helped either make maps easier, decrease xp requirements, or the chests would give you legendary to lvl 66 or something. On the foot of a naive beginner player, it is really frustrating and most likely stop playing after reaching lvl 51+. My 2 cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Ikr dam and when u hit fester graveyard and mogera it's even more of a nightmare so hard devs rly need to look into this....I recently made a new account and oh dear lord its literally impossible without help.. .I even had 71 arcs for mogera still hard..hell even fester was kinda tough...only thing helped was ebon armour tbh... sts make the maps bit easier for solo players at least goddam have mercy on these new players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Also and for ppl who say well should run in party etc....when ur new with nub gears u know how hard it is to find party? Sit there in map and pray that ppl join map...takes so long and once they do join map...they might leave lol...dam feel sorry for these new players bruh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yea I’ve seen some random person lv 50ish in expansion asking for help for last map of underhaul. He’s been asking for a good 5-10min before I offered help. And I wasn’t even planning on running any map lol just wanted to check cs and log off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

Agreed, also

Level up packs shouldn’t stop at (what is it) level 40 something?

Truth is the only way to level up when you get to glint is to do dailies
    How is a new player not familiar with the forums expected to know that?

I’ve leveled alts & joined elite maps & gold farm maps & most leave if your not endgame or geared up
    Seems new players need a break
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Agree. Need to make it those maps a bit easier

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

The packs finish at level 40. I've been saying all this for ages but nobody listens to me.
    Underhul is a nightmare. Stuns, poison and if you're using bow or gun you can't tap on the plants for the hibiscus quest.
    There's far too many obstacles in underhul for one player.
    It's bad enough being high level there so new players don't stand a chance, especially if they are wearing rubbish gear.
    It's outdated to expect new players to work together because they aren't even allowed in most guilds nowadays.
    I'm thinking of quitting anyway. I'm fed up with the rudeness and I'm not just talking about the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

For years a dozen players had complained about the difficulty of glintstone maps when solo at a new level, nothing had been tinkered with for sometime due to various issues relating to balance. It's not easy to maintain MMORPG's in general.

All we can do is hope the developers come up with a solution after/before the expansion launch.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-20-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    The packs finish at level 40. I've been saying all this for ages but nobody listens to me.
    Underhul is a nightmare. Stuns, poison and if you're using bow or gun you can't tap on the plants for the hibiscus quest.
    There's far too many obstacles in underhul for one player.
    It's bad enough being high level there so new players don't stand a chance, especially if they are wearing rubbish gear.
    It's outdated to expect new players to work together because they aren't even allowed in most guilds nowadays.
    I'm thinking of quitting anyway. I'm fed up with the rudeness and I'm not just talking about the players.
    Hey susanne, no shade but i think it's better you take a break from the game. I've seen you everywhere, you're active/helpful and collected.

And i honestly feel your frustration, however the developers are trying their best. Believe me.

Just take a breather and relax, everything will be alright. You can count on the developers, they do indeed listen to us.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 06-20-2021 at 12:00 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

thats why i hate for those guild need requirements to join there guild like need max lvl with more aps and have good pve kills instead of joining and helping newbies. thats why hard to introduce this game because many op player here also selfish. only plat user newbies can easy play this games but for those free to play and just to enjoy game like this is quitting fast. i suggest maybe newbies can have set or buffs with op stat till level 71 so he can play easy with pt or not also change the lb ranking in guild like even low level low pve kills and without aps pts when joining guild not affected the guild rank as long as the newbies are active play all day. since the guildmaster can monitor the log in status. so he can rules like if the newbies not on in about 7days he kick in guild already

P.S: can u also create global chat so when newbies need help so maybe we can help them easy to access them i know there a lot of selfish player but i know also many kind and helpful player too. #Inmates
    Last edited by tapsykrete; 06-20-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

The level up packs should also include rings, belts, and necklaces. Lowering the difficulty on that zone would help a lot of new players who want to run alone or are doing so because they find no party.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1 difficulty should be reduced for lower level maps for new players while they are alone in a map.

It would be great if any one playing the map simultaneously get paired regardless of which part of the world they are from. This way lower levels will get paired together no mater what.

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 make this happen sts

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Hey susanne, no shade but i think it's better you take a break from the game. I've seen you everywhere, you're active/helpful and collected.

And i honestly feel your frustration, however the developers are trying their best. Believe me.

Just take a breather and relax, everything will be alright. You can count on the developers, they do indeed listen to us.
    Yes, I think it's best I take a break. People have been telling me this for a while now.
    The pandemic and a long winter played a part in me coming online far too much and this is the only game I have.
    I'll take everyone's advice. I do have work commitments now that we're lifting lockdowns so maybe that's burning the candles at both ends and making me bad tempered.
    I'm going to take a vacation. Cheers.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tapsykrete View Post
    thats why i hate for those guild need requirements to join there guild like need max lvl with more aps and have good pve kills instead of joining and helping newbies. thats why hard to introduce this game because many op player here also selfish. only plat user newbies can easy play this games but for those free to play and just to enjoy game like this is quitting fast. i suggest maybe newbies can have set or buffs with op stat till level 71 so he can play easy with pt or not also change the lb ranking in guild like even low level low pve kills and without aps pts when joining guild not affected the guild rank as long as the newbies are active play all day. since the guildmaster can monitor the log in status. so he can rules like if the newbies not on in about 7days he kick in guild already

P.S: can u also create global chat so when newbies need help so maybe we can help them easy to access them i know there a lot of selfish player but i know also many kind and helpful player too. #Inmates
    Ikr most of the op players are selfish.....,.... 1000000% truue

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

And it's not like making some of these maps hurt the game will only help it imo...I mean we just want normal maps difficulty scaled down a bit..normal maps mean nothing to the game rly cant farm much aps or gold lol...its not elite mode lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

Plus one, definitely some scaling to a solo players’ stats,gears, equipped pet. At which level should the difficulty start to squeeze tho? Maybe adding more quests at the middle levels to earn the gears/gold needed for higher levels. I still haven’t completed the Underhul aps because of the stuns, trying it solo is just annoying.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 glint is a nightmare for new players

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Plus one, definitely some scaling to a solo players’ stats,gears, equipped pet. At which level should the difficulty start to squeeze tho? Maybe adding more quests at the middle levels to earn the gears/gold needed for higher levels. I still haven’t completed the Underhul aps because of the stuns, trying it solo is just annoying.
    Not talking about elite maps tho the difficulty on elites stay the same..talking about normal maps for new players