Thread: Need an answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Default Need an answer.

This may happen to other players too and I've never been able to handle it well.
    I logged in the other day, I've not been playing much and wanted to.
    The thing is, straight away I get messages and I try to answer them all but some get buried. It's kind of people to say Hi etc and I've no issue with that whatsoever, I quite like most everyone I know there.
    The only thing I do feel uncomfortable with is when someone who's ignition I don't recognize says, "Hi, it's me and I've been banned, can you help me out with stuff?"
    They are usually people I have chatted to for ages, people I've helped etc.
    When I ask why they always say they don't know and in the past, there have been people who were wrongly banned but STS sorted that out and they got their accounts back.
    So yesterday, I looked at the forum and saw a thread about bans and it said by association.
    So if I give people stuff who have been banned but made a new account, where do I stand?
    I hate saying no to anyone so I just log out and it's making me miserable.
    The only way I can play the fishing game is on my mage, I do like playing it (I wish we could keep it). I tried on my main yesterday and got fed up and just logged out.
    What if someone got banned and didn't tell me? What if it they said it was a new character and I gave them gold?
    Is that by association?
    I just need clarification from a developer or someone here who knows what the take on this is.
    I don't want to appear unhelpful to genuine people but at the same time I don't want to jeopardize my account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

As far as I know, giving out gold or items to players out of your own will, regardless of who they are, isnt against ToS. It’s your stuff that you’re choosing to give out.

However with this the issue of people pretending to be one of your banned friends arises, potentially causing you to give stuff to people who aren’t actually who they say they are.

As for your 1st point, all the messages you receive after a log-in are stored in your alerts tab in the top right, unless you manually remove them or log out.

Ign ~ Died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shake For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    As far as I know, giving out gold or items to players out of your own will, regardless of who they are, isnt against ToS. It’s your stuff that you’re choosing to give out.

However with this the issue of people pretending to be one of your banned friends arises, potentially causing you to give stuff to people who aren’t actually who they say they are.

As for your 1st point, all the messages you receive after a log-in are stored in your alerts tab in the top right, unless you manually remove them or log out.

Ign ~ Died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this post.

Still have to keep in mind that a ban is still a violation of ToS. The amount of players that actually get banned without a valid reason is really low. Much lower than people pretend. Resulting from this, I believe there are few banned friends who haven't cheated in some way. Be careful with scammers who act like friends. Rather it is their own fault they got banned or not, it is definitely not yours and therefore you shouldn't be consulted with any risk. If sts wants them to be gone they can also ban their IP or network adress. Dev confirmation would be best on this, yes.
    One more thing. I believe nobody should feel obligated to help anyone ingame to some point. While it is nice to see people helping each other I recommend not to take this too serious ingame. A true friend appreciates your help but also understands if you don't feel like running right now. If you keep on putting pressure on yourself that you have to help every friend every time it can result in feeling mentally drained from the game. I felt this myself. Not sure how I express this but I feel like this is a good approach to deal with help requests in general. Do what you feel is most fun for yourself. It's not arrogant imo since true friends are most happy when you are happy as well.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 06-26-2021 at 05:56 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it with the way your doing it.

The association would usually come like say a banned account was found making suspicious trades like high value gears and large sums of gold being passed back and forth.

The accounts that have been banned and STS unbans them are usually because of like automatic system bans which happen by mistake sometimes, after reviewing they see nothing suspicious and all is well

The number of gears or gold ive passed or given people over the years, if it was as simple as having an interaction with someone then would have bad a ban myself a long time ago >.<

One thing to always do is take it with a pinch of salt whenever someone says oh im so n so and was banned... people will do anything to pull at heartstrings to get something out of you.

Its a bit of effort but ive made a simple self rule of if you're not willing to try and help yourself then why should anyone else try help you.

Dont be stressing your accounts will be safe ^.^

Also don't been too disheartened as there are still groups/guilds/environments in game where people log in mostly to have a giggle and do so pretty much every day. Still plenty of nice people around just takes a bit of digging around but they are around dotted across Arlor ^.^

1 <3
    Last edited by BaronB; 06-26-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

At first I wanted to invite my friends to play this game and give some gold, but when I heard that someone was banned because of it, I was confused

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AlfineMahesa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlfineMahesa View Post
    At first I wanted to invite my friends to play this game and give some gold, but when I heard that someone was banned because of it, I was confused

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
    No way this could've happened. Nobody gets banned for helping others, except when you're helping break the rules.

Might be a bit harsh, but I'm sure 99% of people who get banned and say they didn't do anything - they're just lying. If they're really innocent I'm sure a simple message to support would fix it.

To OP: I think association with accounts is more like logging in with 2 different accounts in one device (or IP), and one of them is suspicious or banned, then the other one will be associated to it. Don't really think just giving gold/items or chatting would put your account in the 'associated' group, unless it's very large and suspicious amounts.
    Retired

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Thankyou to everyone who replied. It helped put my mind at rest.
    I do tend to overthink and I'm trying so hard to stop doing it.
    I just can't seem to say no most of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

it's better to ask from email support@spacetimestudios.com when i'm confused and doubt if what i'm going to do is right or wrong lindsay answers quickly and i'm satisfied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Thankyou to everyone who replied. It helped put my mind at rest.
    I do tend to overthink and I'm trying so hard to stop doing it.
    I just can't seem to say no most of the time.
    A good quick fix is surrounded yourself in a environment where your not having to say yes all the time instead >.<

Being too nice a double edge sword unfortunatly but doesn’t mean the problem is with you <3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Don't worry about saying no. All they will try to do is guilt trip you by saying pity me stuff. If someone pms you about being banned inform them you don't work for sts so there isn't a thing you can do for them other than to tell them to contact support.
    Issue I see when people ask others for help about bans is player A can be banned and asks player B for help and player B asks for player A's account info. Player A gives player B his account info and now Player B has access to Player A's emails other game accounts etc if player A used the same password for everything.
    Sts will know if its your account or not by checking the ip address, device logged on to and if you talk in game a to b.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Encryptions; 06-26-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Actually probably a better idea your more than welcome to join my guilds discord server as well (link is in the sig just click and join) don’t worry is a half public server so not just for guildies but as I’ve offered before about a cheeky chinwag you can pretty much always get hold of me on there ^.^

Listening to people one of the things we do best doing the line of work I do ^.^

*pours a glass of gin*

Godfather of Arlor