Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm a booter and I know it! (Guide to Boot Players)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default I'm a booter and I know it! (Guide to Boot Players)

Welcome to my first ever (and possibly last) Pocket Legends guide! I'm here today as of 20/5/12 to teach players how to boot annoying players! It's just a funny joke to play, so sit along!

What is a boot?

A boot is an interactive button to authorise your authority as the host of the game/runs, etc. It literally allows you to judge other players by giving the Banhammer on their silly mouths/butts/fingers with any reason to begin with.
    Literally I think being the host grants you godlike powers to do whatever you fancy, save for the mobs that desperately wants your head/brains/organs on a pike.

How can I boot a player?

You can click/press on their names on the top left of your screen, usually supports about 4, good room for finger booting. When their avatar pages show up, click/press the boot button and you can type a mouthload of reasons to their sorry faces before you 'call your grunt to throw them out'. Self explainatory after they were booted.

What are the benefits of booting a player?

Good question!!! Here are some examples on why you should boot players!

1) Clear space for your friend to come over

Hey seriously! You are a 5 man party and your friend wants to join. You see a noob/leecher/afker just sitting there, and you figured that your friend is better than that guy. So why don't you NOT wait and boot that guy instead?

2) Trolling/Annoying your own teammates (NOT RECOMMENDED)

Now say for example, you are making Emma runs and lots of Farmers/Merchers just come in just to get the loot and won't stay on. Oh screw that, you thought, I'm totally pissed with ragequitters anyway, so you waited till they clear the room for you and start hitting the boss, you start booting the first guy at 50%, the next at 40% , and so on and so forth, you get a fruity pink craftable Sanguine Chiroptera Longbow, they get nothing, they scream/rage/wail in your face and you just give back loads of fruity comments for the laughs! It's true, and not an example BTW.

3) Boot Underlevelled players/burdens/free-food4mobs

You know them. Like em or hate em, they are the standard type of egoistic players that come into your room and rush without thinking about their teammates. Specially residing in Mount Fang due to 2x xp/damage and the recent 4.5x weekends, those partypoopers love to make a comeback on you when you boot them for whatsoever reason. No kidding dude.

4) To boot Mid-game joiners that wait just for loot/pros in your team to join

This is quite recent to a huge extent. You created a room but nobody joins, and when you and your friend clear the mobs to a certain extent, they come in and pretend like they don't know about the game. Those are the people that wants an easy life, you don't really need to give it to them. Show them the way of the world, YOUR STYLE.

5) Ninjas (Special thanks to ArtStyle)

You have a set team, but when you remake the room, one or two of them joining your room for the issue of exp/farming/trolling my room is inevitable. Make sure you have your set team all as friends, so that you could hoofkick those players leaving them to ponder, 'Why was I booted' for the laughs

6) Slot Dominators (aka ragenerds with an alt)- Special thanks to Crapricon

It's possible to have an alt nearly the same level as your main. Guess what? Some noobs decided not to go for the level cap and just attempt to waste a slot whenever one of their mains got booted. They attempt to do so by entering and quick leaving your room in order to get a slot wasted on their rage. Make them somber down by giving a free door-in-their-faces smash of 1 letters when you deal with them. =D

7) To boot a player that goes asfskkgkciekfkxookf (Special thanks to Crapricon,again)

You know them, you never wanted them to join your room due to they rushing/scattering/not healing/not reviving/leeching and not going to change their ways. Experience as a host will eventually get you to judge players, and when they did that, it's detrimental to your team as he's selfish to think that way. Give them a lovely boot, and blacklist their names. If they ever rage, taunt them with a smile, if they make a comeback, boot them with a smile too! Smiling is godliness! =3

8) Rushers in PVP (Special thanks to AppleIssac!) [NOT RECOMMENDED]

As expected from any MMORPGs that enables PVP, Pocket Legend's version of PVP is pretty much in the gamma stage, no doubt rushers will rush you without any gentlemanly thoughts. Those rushers love to rush mainly to boost their KDR. To boot them is quite tricky though, however you should learn some console commands to deal with it. Simply type /boot <name> <reason> and you will send him away with a howling rage. Do note that it is recommended you allow him to hit you a few times before the boot, to prevent the KDR rise for him. Not recommended though, because it is disliked by many players in PVP.

More to come hopefully....

Why should I even boot players in the first place?

Pocket Legends is an MMO with kind players, that I could understand. It's a great community with loads of contents. However, with the good comes the bad, you see a scatterbear sabotaging your team to 3-5 waves of mobs via scattering and wipes your members out and you really don't want to do anything about it?

Plus, it's great sport! You boot players and sometimes, they might give you an angry/ego-hurt PM to add in for the joy for booting! And you still stay on the top of your game while they are in town spamming rage memes about you.

Oh booting is an essential part of me! I want to add in more reasons to boot players for!

Oh that's great to hear, you can post this while commenting on my 'guide' while giving feedback too! It's fun to hear from fellow hosts and would-be runs hosts! =P

Special credits to the following users, of which I wouldn't post this great/annoying guide;

Blknninja for participating in my runs and laughing about it.
    Skiiedif for encouraging me to post this guide indirectly.
    Pureaaaaaaaab for being a great guild leader and advisor to my questions.
    Crapricon for encouraging me to pick up the habit of booting.
    ControlMaster for being a great rager when I booted him.
    Twirlie for encouraging me to boot all others from his leveling runtime indirectly
    Merchers for being loudmouths in my game, causing me to boot them.
    Farmers for being random in joining games.
    Underleveled egoistic gamers that rage when I booted them.
    Noobs for simply, well noobs!

Thank you and enjoy/hate my guide, I look forward to your feedback. And once again, it's just a joke if you think it that way.
    Last edited by Sim Jing; 05-20-2012 at 03:57 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sim Jing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Wow. Another useful guide for the PL archives!! /sarcasm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thank you for hating my guide! *bows*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

No seriously. I sure didn't expect the first comment to reach in about 13mins after I posted it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Default I'm a booter and I know it! (Guide to Boot Players)

Haha
    Booted a level21 twink at sandcaves once with the message "Do you believe in life after love" and he rejoined with his main and told me "Yes, yes I do" lolol
    Also with with a message saying "It's what Mr. Miyagi would of wanted" and he PM'd me "Who the @#%! Is Mr Miyagi" haha
    Many other too but can't remember... Lol cool guide except the part where you boot at a boss that's uncool=\

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Awww I'm sorry to hear from you saying that this example I stated booting players were marked down upon, because this was done by Crapricon and trust me, he really got a pink craftable longbow and he pled me to say the other 3 victims are raging over him. So yeah that wasn't me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Whats your ign?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Booting is fun! Lol if you are the fastest rmker you know, you have a set team, and people ninja in on your teammates it is perfectly okay to boot. Yes STS would rather you lock your room rather than moderate your room to avoid ragers, But I only lock my rooms when I solo. I like to give ninjas a quick *hoofkick* or something ridiculous for the reason ha ha.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Haha! I already made a great guide on how to boot players, but still, nice guide!
    Feel free to bump it too.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?50435-Handy-guide-on-how-to-get-booted-at-end-game-levels&highlight=handy%2Cguide+booted
    Last edited by Hankomachos; 05-19-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

you waited till they clear the room for you and start hitting the boss, you start booting the first guy at 50%, the next at 40% , and so on and so forth, you get a fruity pink craftable Sanguine Chiroptera Longbow, they get nothing
    That's not how it works. Your random chance to get a pink is the same whether or not you boot at the boss.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

" dont hate the player. hate the guide "

+1

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LwMark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Booting is not for fun. It's better to lock games for friends to join.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Thanks for the chuckle.

What is the issue with booting people though? If someone is the host of a map then they have every right to boot when they want for whatever reason they want. If you don't want to get booted then make your own map or run with friends.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I don't judge people who boot me. I farm them.

99% of the time booting is uncalled for. Guides like this are great for laughs, but, IMHO, a little uncalled for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    That's not how it works. Your random chance to get a pink is the same whether or not you boot at the boss.
    Actually, as I stated, Crapricon is simply lucky to get a pink while I'm with him, he merely booted the other 3 players for fun, and if you hate my guide, remember this.

Haters gonna hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Booting is fun! Lol if you are the fastest rmker you know, you have a set team, and people ninja in on your teammates it is perfectly okay to boot. Yes STS would rather you lock your room rather than moderate your room to avoid ragers, But I only lock my rooms when I solo. I like to give ninjas a quick *hoofkick* or something ridiculous for the reason ha ha.
    That, my friends, is the true example of a brilliant host, perfectly capable of supporting his own room for his own whim and fancy.

And yes I will add this suggestion in my guide, thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I think it's the best guide, oh but there's this other guide....
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hank's guide represents a majority of players that love to get booted. I on the other hand teaches hosts how to boot players and who to look out for. More handy for hosts in the learning. Teaching them to love their haters. =P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Useless information but entertaining. In reality you should only boot if someone is not good or productive towards your goal, low level or bad gear, already have a team, doing boss run and he leaves at boss, he is lagged out. However even then it doesnt require a boot, just ask them to leave if they dont leave boot them, I would.

I always make my game 95% of the time so i rarely ever get booted and when i join games I try to join good players game or people I know since im very competitive. Also so I'm not in a game with a power hungry or dumb person. Never understood why people join games where they dont know the person(maybe if they have no friends).
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot