Thread: Arcane Legends: Retrospective (by Veterans to Devs)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Arcane Legends: Retrospective (by Veterans to Devs)

This post functions as an initiative for all experienced veteran players to give their own view on how the system/gameplay-mechanics of AL have changed over the past +-9 years for better or for worse. It is very important to keep our overall standpoints as objective as possible in order to provide actual useful and concrete feedback for the developers. Avoid subjective or redundant statements like "I don't like awakening gems" while not providing any strong arguments. Our focus here as "dedicated" players is to give a proper reply to all the software input/updates of the developers in order to make Arcane Legends the best game that it can be. I will start off with my very own retrospective to give an example:

"I think that the difficulty level for this game game should be somewhere between simple and complex. Conform my experience as a 2012 veteran player myself, Sts really found a near perfect balance during the tindirin expansion. Xp/Locked farming in brackenbridge and kraken mines offered newcomers a fair chance to earn Xp/gold in preparation for big events, while endgame players were focused solely on the elite aspect of the game in order grind for expensive loot and acquire the best stats with items like the elusive arcane rendtail ring.

The last truly interesting expansion was the somberholt light/darkness expansion with mausoleums (The devs should REALLY add more difficult and more rewarding mausoleums in the future. For example 1-3 new mausoleums with every new expansion release. The randomized dungeon generation really gives you a dynamic experience. For example, make mausoleum level 10 super difficult, but with a relatively high chance for ultra rare arcane/arcanite loot/eggs that is usually found during the big exclusive energy events).

The awakening mechanic is okay, but the entry price for newcomers is really high at the moment, with as a result that endgame can become more difficult/frustrating for them as they progress through the newer maps with overall lower stats.

Now, the biggest flaw of all that absolutely needs to adressed, in my honest opinion, is the crafting station. It is still considered by many to be completely overwhelming. Yes, I am aware of all the organization options, but even with that, Sts should really just delete all the outdated and unrelevant crafting options and just keep it as simple as possible. Or even better, Tip!: just add an organization option for each separate expansion/event, not just item class. Also, 5 crafting slots was more than enough back in the old days and also offered a good initiative to maintain time management.

All in all, some great additions/adjustments were made, and some core problems haven't been improved/fixed in the last few years. Sts has to always keep in mind that AL was always meant to be just a balanced on-the-go mmo mobile game, and when you add a ton of complex stuff in it, it is bound to discourage newcomers to keep playing. Therefore, keep it balanced: implement an incremental difficulty system that allows for newcomers to easily understand and play the game, and as the player progresses, gradually introduce him or her to the more complex/intricate gameplay-mechanics like awakening, pet combination, crafting, etc, so that AL still retains its great and fun challenges/objectives for hardcore endgame gamers."

~Summary~
    Pros:
    -Many enjoyable events with useful and valuable gear and loot (HOWEVER, vanities/recolors are not to be considered as sufficient gold or platinum tier rewards. Only items like a limited rare multi-statistical gem that enhances the gameplay experience create a proper incentive for players to actively play main energy-events. Lastly, most of the event related locked crate items should become lootable again in the future.
    -Deep learning-curve with statistics and skillpoints, but please add a clear in-game guide on how all the stat-bonuses work to prevent much confusion amongst players.
    -Good elite content (but can be much better!).
    -Free-to-play players now also have a fair chance to open locked crates with crate keys and event tokens.
    -A strong and involved community that gives much usefull feedback.

Cons:
    -The recent expansions have too little maps and content with low replayability.
    -Too little options for xp-gain and gold-income to help new players due to xp and locked chest-drop removal from the older maps (+ the total xp requirement from 0 to max.level should become a constant).
    -Crafting station is still too overwhelming/unorganized. Please add a new categorization option for each separate expansion/event.
    -The statistical power gap right now between 'Legendary' and 'Arcane' rarity gear is TOO big. This causes a substantial reduction of the effectiveness of newer/poor players in the newer maps and even events... (take good notes on the more BALANCED weapon implementation of the Somberholt expansion release).
    -There is no 'mob/boss difficulty scaling system' for lower levels so that newer players also have a chance to participate/compete in the main energy events (special bosses like Bloodgrub should be excluded).
    -The shift from high-value lowdroprate items to gold-loot based income through farming has caused an unreasonable price-inflation of gear (especially newer/poor players are suffering because of this).
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 07-19-2021 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Updated the summary

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiritobozz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I have to agree with ya. Especially the crafting bit. 2-3 ingredients max and at least give an option to delete unwanted recipes.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Great suggestions! As a vet, I find the crafting menus overwhelming as well. I like to see 5 maps on an expansion again vs waves or "deeper" one map runs. It was fun, but the best times were at least 5 maps. Gone are the days where legendary loot was actually worth anything. I like to see more balance to weapons. You can't have legendaries that do 2k damage, special tainted sets that do 4k damage, and then arcane sets that do 45K damage on proc. Everyone will just get arcane sets + gold loot sets if they can afford it. Meanwhile new players or free to play will get discouraged and all you're left with are vets or whales.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Arcane Legends: Retrospective (by Veterans to Devs)

Currently for new players only way to get gold in initial stage are
    Events
    Quests
    Elite norder
    Elite shyual
    Elite kraken
    For elite golden chests
    And after reaching level cap with 3-4 m they can buy taint set and farm dm for buying arcane gears.
    Game has become more f2p then it used to be before.
    Have many options to farm now days but for new players game need to introduce a in game guide to level up and teach them how to use xp lix while turn in quest to level up fast.
    And provide them decent legendary/mythic/set gears till level 66.
    And give new players 20-25 xp kit bound bundle
    And 5 combo lixes.
    And a free xp pet from a quest which can help them level up fast.
    And i dont even mind if you give them 7 items bounded set free which gives 200gl in total it will be a head start for farming gold after reaching level cap as new players.
    And xd at low level should be equal to new maps but will depend on your player level .
    And also make most of the main events mobs and bosses scaled to player level .
    Cause boss and mobs like blood grub
    And other special bosses only scaled at max level cap rn make them farmable for low level players too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KarTik1; 07-08-2021 at 06:32 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KarTik1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Mucho texto :vv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I want to apologize first off for not offering more of a technical input here but I read these posts and I have to say...As a player thats been around for a while I understand where everyone is coming from and I hear the concerns above and I am sure things could be changed to better fit our game play as well as new players game play but lets be just straight up honest.... one reason AL has been around so long is yes it is a great game that leans more towards the good side than the bad. But... the truth is, STS had to make the game more pay to play for AL to survive. Noone can run or support a game that brings in such little profit for very long. Games do not usually stick around for 9 years for reasons. No profit no support no players no game. As hard as it is to accept , cutting back on drops, gold loot, etc and implementing more Pay to play is simply "The Cost of Living." "Survival." If anyone wants this game to continue for years to come, its not going to be cheap.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Great suggestions! As a vet, I find the crafting menus overwhelming as well. I like to see 5 maps on an expansion again vs waves or "deeper" one map runs. It was fun, but the best times were at least 5 maps. Gone are the days where legendary loot was actually worth anything. I like to see more balance to weapons. You can't have legendaries that do 2k damage, special tainted sets that do 4k damage, and then arcane sets that do 45K damage on proc. Everyone will just get arcane sets + gold loot sets if they can afford it. Meanwhile new players or free to play will get discouraged and all you're left with are vets or whales.
    This is actually a really good point, so I'll add it to the summary of overall pros and cons.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    I want to apologize first off for not offering more of a technical input here but I read these posts and I have to say...As a player thats been around for a while I understand where everyone is coming from and I hear the concerns above and I am sure things could be changed to better fit our game play as well as new players game play but lets be just straight up honest.... one reason AL has been around so long is yes it is a great game that leans more towards the good side than the bad. But... the truth is, STS had to make the game more pay to play for AL to survive. Noone can run or support a game that brings in such little profit for very long. Games do not usually stick around for 9 years for reasons. No profit no support no players no game. As hard as it is to accept , cutting back on drops, gold loot, etc and implementing more Pay to play is simply "The Cost of Living." "Survival." If anyone wants this game to continue for years to come, its not going to be cheap.
    The point is good if we have a constant new player base.
    Making game hard and more p2w at this point can also be harmful to game.
    Cause if it has more hard to obtain items and only by plats many player will quit game which will make the player base suffer more then it is right now.
    Game is good as it is right now. Last few event seems good for sts too for plat sales .
    And those special aura every event and these awakning and vanity event give a lot of plat burn too.
    Its not like they aint making money its just they are not making alot of money.
    What we can expect from sts is a new game now same fantasy but with new engine new graphics and more characters.
    Cause with new game they can do promotions and build new player base and all old players will definitely join the game if it is similar to al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

QUOTE=KarTik1;3611012]Currently for new players only way to get gold in initial stage are
    Events
    Quests
    Elite norder
    Elite shyual
    Elite kraken
    For elite golden chests
    And after reaching level cap with 3-4 m they can buy taint set and farm dm for buying arcane gears.
    Game has become more f2p then it used to be before.
    Have many options to farm now days but for new players game need to introduce a in game guide to level up and teach them how to use xp lix while turn in quest to level up fast.
    And provide them decent legendary/mythic/set gears till level 66.
    And give new players 20-25 xp kit bound bundle
    And 5 combo lixes.
    And a free xp pet from a quest which can help them level up fast.
    And i dont even mind if you give them 7 items bounded set free which gives 200gl in total it will be a head start for farming gold after reaching level cap as new players.
    And xd at low level should be equal to new maps but will depend on your player level .
    And also make most of the main events mobs and bosses scaled to player level .
    Cause boss and mobs like blood grub
    And other special bosses only scaled at max level cap rn make them farmable for low level players too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Mob/boss difficulty scaling to lower levels so that newer players also have a chance to participate/compete in the main energy events. *I like this one *
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 07-16-2021 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

From level cap 31 here, stop at garetta expansion, and just came back to the game few months ago.

For me legendary gear to arcane gear gap is just too far. I doubt team of full legendary can clear festerfang or mogera well. Or do the mobs just too hard for legendary player?

I feel one map like in festerfang and mogera kinda boring isn't it? I like the xp boost from killing mobs there tho.

It's really easy to level up now. I remember when daily quests were not that good back then. You need lots of xp from killing mobs like in watcher tomb compare to now.

And last, the game become more friendly for free to play player. Gold loot farm really help me to get gold and be rich. So it's really possible to get full arcane gear for free to play player now.

Sent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ill leave this post here which i made beginning of the year, brings my point across of what i think of the current state of the game

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ong-post-rant)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Ill leave this post here which i made beginning of the year, brings my point across of what i think of the current state of the game

Your thread is the best one. Even the post quite long, but you use simple English for us to understand. And I do agree most of your perspective (love ur long rants, at least they were honest opinions, not something you just pretend or being a sycophantic) about the current state of AL, which devs have to do something to change these.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post

Thank you for your input. Although you make some really good points about the development of AL, a "rant" however is often considered as non-constructive by software developers. Could you please rewrite and summarize your post in a few strong arguments? I will read and consider to add them to the overall pros/cons list.
    Last edited by Kiritobozz; 07-23-2021 at 01:08 PM.