the buff is applied at 865ms.
    glow aa duration is 5.825s.
    glow aa cd 27.953s

mep aa start up is 32ms which is 0.032s " corrected by KIDOFLUCK"

at 60fps this is 2frames.
    the buff is applied at 33ms .
    mep aa buff duration 6.011s.
    mep aa cd duration 19.984s.

this isnt probably super accurate but it should be close enough.

with that being said if you guys dont know what im talking about or why this is important ill explain it later on today.

updated ill drop the rest in like 9hours

Example

if mep aa had 900ms start up people would have to preemptively use the aa earlier. this means if people tried to use this aa on reaction they would have a higher chance of dying in certain situations.

updated

"correction" 32ms startup means you your allowed to apply the buff in the exact moment you need to reduce damage or increase damage. with some included factors

with glow aa its different because you have to wait 864ms before the buff is applied. this means youll have a higher chance of dying randomly. which explains " i was cursed and i applied glow aa in the moment i needed to . but how did i die?" you died because you reacted to the curse cloud visually with glow aa and the buff isnt active untill 865ms. so this means you can die any where in between that 1 to 864ms before the buff is applied.

the average human reaction time is 250ms.
    there are more variables you have to account for too.

anyways

in a.l pvp you have to react to curse and other aa's.

if someone uses toxy aa you want to counter toxy aa with nekro aa. but you as a human being have to visually register toxy aa's radius then press nekro aa.

both these pets have pretty long start up's. if toxy aa is 1st and nekro aa is used 2nd. your team mates should be stun immune correct?no there is still a chance that your team mates can be stunned. this is due to the start up before the buff is actually applied.

what im trying to get at is basically all pets in the game should have around 32ms to 60ms .

because you have to account for the other things
    which may be.

on mobile"reaction time 250ms +screen refresh rate+ server latency + your connection+ button frame data"

on pc its a lot different

correct me if im wrong.

but if you account for all these things + glows startup speed you might hit 1.4s before the buff is actually applied. this probably can be higher or a tiny bit lower it varies.

updated

you also have to factor and measure the distance in which your thumb travels from basic attack to pet aa.

a.l skill layout has a mechanic in place which blocks you from pressing more then 1 button at once. i call this "skill guard" S.g

Example

charge your basic attack and try and to press a skill. it doesnt work.

why is this important to know ?

because "s.g "does not apply to pots,pet aa and hot bar.

this means you can charge a skill or basic attack while holding the pet aa down. the same applies for pots n hotbar.

but mainly used for pet aa to cut the travel time
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 07-14-2021 at 12:03 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Easy to draw a conclusion from the data provided. Mephisto aa is just too op even compared to the already highly useful glowstik aa. Glowstik aa has several toxin pools though which meph doesn't have so I think the nerfs to startup, cd, and duration are because of these pools. But honestly the pools are bad for evg cause they stun mobs sometimes in their place and when the mobs aren't stunned anymore they'll come at you when your proc stacks have already worn off so death is more imminent. But this explains why warriors can still die when they use glowstik just a bit late at the start of the round without their heal up. It also explains why the warriors don't get shielded with another glowstik aa from a teammate who did not wait for the full wear-off of the war's own glowstik aa. Meph on the other hand just boosts players through waves by (at least now), still maxing out the dmg reduction they get even though it is no longer immunity like before.

Something the devs need to clarify is which are affected by the recent patch to dmg reduc. Does this affect the 95% dmg reduction you get from glowstik aa at the first second and brings is down to 70% as well? That makes the situation nonetheless similar to before, just with you getting damaged a lot more.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtremez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Easy to draw a conclusion from the data provided. Mephisto aa is just too op even compared to the already highly useful glowstik aa. Glowstik aa has several toxin pools though which meph doesn't have so I think the nerfs to startup, cd, and duration are because of these pools. But honestly the pools are bad for evg cause they stun mobs sometimes in their place and when the mobs aren't stunned anymore they'll come at you when your proc stacks have already worn off so death is more imminent. But this explains why warriors can still die when they use glowstik just a bit late at the start of the round without their heal up. It also explains why the warriors don't get shielded with another glowstik aa from a teammate who did not wait for the full wear-off of the war's own glowstik aa. Meph on the other hand just boosts players through waves by (at least now), still maxing out the dmg reduction they get even though it is no longer immunity like before.

Something the devs need to clarify is which are affected by the recent patch to dmg reduc. Does this affect the 95% dmg reduction you get from glowstik aa at the first second and brings is down to 70% as well? That makes the situation nonetheless similar to before, just with you getting damaged a lot more.
    The 70% cap was only for 'stacking' damage reduction. I think glowstick's 95% damage reduction overrides pet hb/elixirs, etc and you're just completely immune to damages for 1second. Meph on the other hand gives you 70% sdr (technically 75% but the 5% is negligible because of the sdr cap) when combined with 25% sdr pet hb for the entirety of its aa duration (6 seconds). I guess that's the main difference between the 2 aa's.
    Meph's consistency beats glowstick's 1second invincibility.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roycedamagnet For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roycedamagnet View Post
    The 70% cap was only for 'stacking' damage reduction. I think glowstick's 95% damage reduction overrides pet hb/elixirs, etc and you're just completely immune to damages for 1second. Meph on the other hand gives you 70% sdr (technically 75% but the 5% is negligible because of the sdr cap) when combined with 25% sdr pet hb for the entirety of its aa duration (6 seconds). I guess that's the main difference between the 2 aa's.
    Meph's consistency beats glowstick's 1second invincibility.
    i agree with you about mep being consistent but i dont agree with everything else you said. at least not just yet. this topic isnt so much about the reduc its more about the startup up, duration and cool down data. but its fine at this point if people would like to give their perspectives on damage reduc.

this isnt a bad thing im saying this in a good way. so if you take this as im being jerk thats on you. im not trying to be a jerk. im trying to be as sincere as possible.

im actually surprised more people didnt comment.
    with that being said im going to make some coffee, chill for abit.
    and update this topic for a 2nd and last time.

im using these 2 pets to compare one to the other because they both have damage reduc that is true.

but when you look at this data one complete floors the other in start up, duration and cooldown. tbh i want to know why.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 07-06-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

can i ask if sdr+dr is effective? or sdr+sdr only effective?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

isnt 32ms 0.03s??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KIDOFLUCK For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KIDOFLUCK View Post
    isnt 32ms 0.03s??
    yep tyvm for pointing that out

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

updated

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KIDOFLUCK View Post
    isnt 32ms 0.03s??
    thanks for pointing that out again please go read and tell your friends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Can you also add baby bliz aa i think its much more useful for tanks in evg then glow aa.
    Cause it gives bd and haste too with 25% sdr.
    And since sdr is caped at 70% we are able to catch that cap with arcanite precious hb and baby bliz aa and sdr lix and krep it there cause when baby aa goes to cd till then wrangler belt procs which gives 25% sdr too which keep tanks constantly at 75% sdr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarTik1 View Post
    Can you also add baby bliz aa i think its much more useful for tanks in evg then glow aa.
    Cause it gives bd and haste too with 25% sdr.
    And since sdr is caped at 70% we are able to catch that cap with arcanite precious hb and baby bliz aa and sdr lix and krep it there cause when baby aa goes to cd till then wrangler belt procs which gives 25% sdr too which keep tanks constantly at 75% sdr.

baby bliz

cool down 23.971s
    start up 832ms
    buff is applied at 833ms
    buff duration 6.660

might be slightly off but yeah that should do.

im going to take a long break.

take care

last

you also have to factor and measure the distance in which your thumb travels from basic attack to pet aa.

a.l skill layout has a mechanic in place which blocks you from pressing more then 1 button at once. i call this "skill guard" S.g

Example

this means you can charge a skill or basic attack while holding the pet aa down. the same applies for pots n hotbar.

Last edited by Potofgreed; 07-14-2021 at 12:02 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    baby bliz

cool down 23.971s
    start up 832ms
    buff is applied at 833ms
    buff duration 6.660

might be slightly off but yeah that should do.

im going to take a long break.

take care

last

Example

Ty ty ty brother for your time
    It will help alot for making timings better.