Thread: Glow aa vs mep aa data

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xtremez View Post
    Easy to draw a conclusion from the data provided. Mephisto aa is just too op even compared to the already highly useful glowstik aa. Glowstik aa has several toxin pools though which meph doesn't have so I think the nerfs to startup, cd, and duration are because of these pools. But honestly the pools are bad for evg cause they stun mobs sometimes in their place and when the mobs aren't stunned anymore they'll come at you when your proc stacks have already worn off so death is more imminent. But this explains why warriors can still die when they use glowstik just a bit late at the start of the round without their heal up. It also explains why the warriors don't get shielded with another glowstik aa from a teammate who did not wait for the full wear-off of the war's own glowstik aa. Meph on the other hand just boosts players through waves by (at least now), still maxing out the dmg reduction they get even though it is no longer immunity like before.

Something the devs need to clarify is which are affected by the recent patch to dmg reduc. Does this affect the 95% dmg reduction you get from glowstik aa at the first second and brings is down to 70% as well? That makes the situation nonetheless similar to before, just with you getting damaged a lot more.
    The 70% cap was only for 'stacking' damage reduction. I think glowstick's 95% damage reduction overrides pet hb/elixirs, etc and you're just completely immune to damages for 1second. Meph on the other hand gives you 70% sdr (technically 75% but the 5% is negligible because of the sdr cap) when combined with 25% sdr pet hb for the entirety of its aa duration (6 seconds). I guess that's the main difference between the 2 aa's.
    Meph's consistency beats glowstick's 1second invincibility.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roycedamagnet For This Useful Post: