Thread: Could arcane legends be revived again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Could arcane legends be revived again?

After seeing the arcane legends trailer on youtube and a sneak peek of the new underwater cap, I think it's a possibility.

The trailer suggests to me that STS is considering new players more. It's making an effort to pull them in. Before, the game did a poor job of this since the game wasn't advertised well. We could expect to see new players come in and this would greatly benefit the game. PVE won't feel so empty lower down for one. Secondly, more players mean more money which in turn means the game can be more F2P friendly. Indeed I think STS would be inclined to make it go in this direction for the sole reason to cater for these new players.

And ofc new players means the game can be spread through word of mouth which is obviously good.

The new cap looks awesome. I can see many previous AL players returning to play it which will obviously boost the game's playerbase.

Ik I'm sounding very optimistic but with returning players and new players, the game's playerbase should spike up considerably. It will likely stay up since people have the tendency to leave games which feel barren. This won't be the case with AL any longer.

More people = more spending = game becomes more F2P friendy and the cycle continues.

What say u?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

New players are gonna maybe enjoy leveling up and exploring the lower maps. But do you think theyll stay along for mindless wave after wave farming? All the work or money they have to put in to get to that point. Then even at that what is there to do after you get gear, jewels, pets, dream vanity? It ends there. Thats why players leave theres nothing to do after that point

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I agree to certain aspects. But I do not know if you have played AL since the very first 2012, but game related, in my opinion during the past 2-3 years the game became way more F2P than before, of course the amount of people per map drops due to the fact that the main focus became on endgame, which is understandable. But because of the level caps, the player rate per map drops, advertising is an idea but I think that STS already considered this, due to the fact advertising is rather expensive. Knowing the fact that they make deals with Tapjoy that pass the 6-digit values, distinguishing has to be made whether advertising is profitable or not.

In my opinion, if it was highly profitable, they would’ve already done it, so therefore, I think there is a reason for not doing (much) advertisement for AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

The games designed to keep current AL players happy, not get the attention of new ones. Sorry bud.

Only way for the game to go back to normal is if STS got rid of:

Awakes
    Speed set
    Gold loot

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    The games designed to keep current AL players happy, not get the attention of new ones. Sorry bud.

Only way for the game to go back to normal is if STS got rid of:

Awakes
    Speed set
    Gold loot

Removing speed sets would most definitely be the killing point for current players. Gold loot and removing awakes on future gear i can get behind. What if for 81 cap they had mythics spirit and arcanes. But you werent able to awaken arcanes only the mythics/spirit sets? It would make them useful. Maybe give the arcane weapons an already "set" awake which every single weapon would have the identical awake

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to XxretepxX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Heres cinco's messages about advertisements.
    Name:  1.PNG
Views: 421
Size:  78.7 KB
    Name:  22.PNG
Views: 410
Size:  17.0 KB
    Name:  3.PNG
Views: 419
Size:  90.9 KB
    Name:  4.PNG
Views: 414
Size:  84.4 KB

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Heres cinco's messages about advertisements.
    Name:  1.PNG
Views: 421
Size:  78.7 KB
    Name:  22.PNG
Views: 410
Size:  17.0 KB
    Name:  3.PNG
Views: 419
Size:  90.9 KB
    Name:  4.PNG
Views: 414
Size:  84.4 KB
    Yep exactly this

A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Being an old game should be an advantage as a brand. The game has evolved much now and so much appealing in endgame perhaps an ads that comprehensively shows the features in endgame would really entice players to play and stay. Pvp honor for example, egg zavier many more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

for real tho? only old players like us would enjoy the game. For new players, in terms of levelling they would surely get bored when they reach glintstone and underhul map. with not that much game knowledge on how to utilize better xp, they would surely quit the game halfway. and when they reach cap, items are absurd when it comes to prices because of certain items they have to use just to catch up on Evg. Even one single item of those are way to expensive ( especially rogs) This game won't be enjoyed without spending some money. So even if the new cap will come, it will less likely revive the golden days of AL. Sad to say, this is the truth. I hope sts would look at this matter. It's hard to see the game I love slowly loosing it's players. In span of 1 month, a lot of my close friends already quitted the game.

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Newbies gonna enjoy suffering solo at glint cavern and underhul hugal boss hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

While I don't disagree with cinco, I think AL could gather more players simply by more exposure. Even if more players just uploaded reviews and gameplay on YouTube including devs, you'd at least get more new players trying the game. I pretty much have to babysit my friends trying the game and eventually they hit empty maps as well!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Ive been playing for nearly 8 years and if I had to name one thing that would help new players stay around in the game it would be an older player taking them under thier wing. I always try to help and answer as many questions as I can and I make alot of low level runs with them to help new players. just saying. For me the Auction got my interest early on and Ive been hammering at collecting most of my AL life so I still need to level up myself. Keeping new players around will also depend on how they want to spend thier time in game. Alot of peeps like to grind, some like to merch, some like to find a good vanity and stand around looking good on the beach. haa. Anyways,... If you know something someone else doesn't then help them out. Keep the game going.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post: