Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Carapace - Dark Legends Lead!

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach are AWESOME!

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

If the updates continue to be as good as the customer support. I'm all in for dropping a few extra dollars on the game. Great to see that major updates are in plan

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Does this mean loot and mobs will no longer scale to the player as they do now? That is one of the nice things about DL, having all levels as playable content.
    All loot and mobs will scale as they do currently for 3D missions. New campaigns will be opening with the expansion but all of the previous campaigns will still support loot and mob scaling so that you can farm all of them even at level 23, 24 25 and beyond!
    Last edited by Carapace; 05-22-2012 at 06:21 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I too worry that the content will be consumed too fast and that people will start "rushing" to cap if the energy "hurdles" are removed...
    Removing the hurdles, but retooling the energy mechanic so that it does not get in the way of 3D content for the players that wish to play that way. My personal belief is that the new system will likely cater to both, allowing players with less time to play in a session to send their contacts out to do their dirty work for extended periods of time, returning later to reap the benefits (and additional benefits for their patience on longer contact requests!) compared to the player who will no doubt be using contacts for boosts in XP and Gold to supplement their 3D content playing.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Can't wait for new systems
    im a very big anime/manga fan. My fave manga is naruto, Storyline so interesting. Naruto shippuden is my fave. anime. Question: when you watch anime do you watch it in English dub.? Or English sub.?
    Has to be subtitled for me, I'm a purist. Having said that, I enjoy watching english dubbed versions of Miyazaki films like Spirited Away and The Secret World of Arrietty. The emotion in a lot of the shows gets lost if it's done in English dub however, and it tends to ruin the experience for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will there be any possible updates for more time killers outside of doing campaigns? Other than the 2 PvPs up already

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Has to be subtitled for me, I'm a purist. Having said that, I enjoy watching english dubbed versions of Miyazaki films like Spirited Away and The Secret World of Arrietty. The emotion in a lot of the shows gets lost if it's done in English dub however, and it tends to ruin the experience for me.
    It has been a while, but I used to watch a lot of Anime, like Neon Genesis, Escaflowne, City Hunter <--(Best EVER!!), and I always preferred subtitled, but there is one, Ninja Scrolls, that I can only watch dubbed, because that is how I first saw it, so that is how my mind thinks it should be. By the way, if you have never seen City Hunter, you NEED to see City Hunter!!!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Carapace - Dark Legends Lead!

When can we expect this update ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justisemo View Post
    When can we expect this update ?
    He said in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Will we ever be able to create our own public games where we can boot others? I realize you could just solo and invite friends but friends don't always wanna join you >.<. I was just thinking we'd be able to have public games but people could be booted.

Maybe if you press "Play multiplayer" and if your first in the dungeon you become automatic host?

Edit:

Will this also apply to CTF and DM as well? (Only if the answer to the question above was yes.)
    Last edited by Shaocalur; 05-23-2012 at 04:17 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoLabyrinth View Post
    Will there be any possible updates for more time killers outside of doing campaigns? Other than the 2 PvPs up already
    Ideas are being brainstormed, in addition to posts that you guys have mentioned in the suggestions forums. Sometimes it comes down to current supporting technology, but we're looking into more stuff for time killing purposes. It should be noted however, that when these changes come online there will be no need to wait around for 3D content, you can do 3D missions or continue to PVP free of energy costs as long as you like!

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaocalur View Post
    Will we ever be able to create our own public games where we can boot others? I realize you could just solo and invite friends but friends don't always wanna join you >.<. I was just thinking we'd be able to have public games but people could be booted.

Maybe if you press "Play multiplayer" and if your first in the dungeon you become automatic host?

Edit:

Will this also apply to CTF and DM as well? (Only if the answer to the question above was yes.)
    In general our mentality in regards to PvE content is that the missions are pretty short, and the need to boot someone is pretty minimal if a dungeon lasts between 1-5 minutes. Additionally we don't currently have support for a feature such as that, though it's never off the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

In general our mentality in regards to PvE content is that the missions are pretty short, and the need to boot someone is pretty minimal if a dungeon lasts between 1-5 minutes. Additionally we don't currently have support for a feature such as that, though it's never off the table.
    Never thought of it like that. >.< Ugh, thank you.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

First, 3D missions will no longer cost energy. This makes them free to play infinitely! Campaign maps will be condensed down to their playable 3D missions to reduce clutter, with the cut-scene actions replaced by a new “Contacts” system. The Contacts are where your energy will be going now, and they unlock per campaign as you progress through the 3D missions. Contacts are given tasks, special to each contact, which allow you to choose how long it takes for them to complete.
    Additionally we’re working on a “Minion” system. As a brief overview the idea here is that you are rewarded for returning day after day, benefitting you with a super awesome reward every 5th day! Miss a day or two however, and the rewards he has for you might have been taken by another vampire. More details on this one later. Just a peek for the moment!

On a final note we are also working on a goal system, which should help to streamline new user and veteran users experience as they play through the content to make sure they take advantage of all that Dark Legends has to offer.
    I'm looking forward to the customizable contacts missions - will suit my playing time better. Will setting it for longer duration make it cost more energy?

The minions sound potentially pretty cool too. I should have some ghouls and thralls and beasties working for me as a proper vampire lord.

Goals system is pretty undefined so I can only say it sounds interesting, looking forward to learning more.

As for the infinitely playable active (3d) missions,
    • not too thrilled about bringing back the "psycho players with no life have all the best gear and all the money" but I also recognize those players are a major part of your bread and butter so...it is what it is
    • but at the same time it will be nice to play an active mission whenever I feel like it, even with all energy invested in passives (contacts/cut-scenes.)

So I'll be glad for the good.

And I'm still waiting for my vampire banana.

Thanks for the info Carapace!
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hiyas, love all the proposed changes! And so happy that we will have the option of not waiting 24 hours for a mission if we don't want too.

Now get back to work! You have a deadline to meet, or a flatline to make ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Awesome!!! Can't wait!
    "Always Be Yourself"
    "KOI & SP, will always be in my Heart"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my opinion current energy system is great:
    1) It brings ballance between casual players and grinder-maniacs (while providing enouth playtime: 25 nrj is enougth for about 9-12 runs which takes about half an hour of play each 2 hours(full regen takes 2:10)). And casual playing players has a chance to FARM and GEAR not so bad comparing to people who "live" in game.
    2) It makes you think before taking the mission, and do it thoroughly - not a
    senceless rush of a sprinter to the goal.
    3) Limited energy stimulates PVP, which at the moment gives absolutely no in-game privelegies exept for titles (besides the fun of cource). And if there was no limit on dungeons runs, there would be substationaly less people on arenas.
    4) If the energy requirements for dungeons disappears - the ingame economy will collapse. The prises on pinks will drop dramaticly, and greens will be totaly unnesessary if you can buy pinks cheap. Which will result total reduction of turnover. Also it'll be much more difficult to save enouth gold for vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hey guys great work. Though frankly present energy system is not too bad !

The worst point about PL is elixir dependent, please let it be free with the cutscenes.
    Also PvP is the strength of DL. I love to play this, so it requires new arenas.

Continue your great work.
    Last edited by anshdoc; 05-24-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Removing the hurdles, but retooling the energy mechanic so that it does not get in the way of 3D content for the players that wish to play that way. My personal belief is that the new system will likely cater to both, allowing players with less time to play in a session to send their contacts out to do their dirty work for extended periods of time, returning later to reap the benefits (and additional benefits for their patience on longer contact requests!) compared to the player who will no doubt be using contacts for boosts in XP and Gold to supplement their 3D content playing.

Sounds great. You go make us happy Carap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

My current all time favorite is probably a tie between Bleach, and Death Note. Also a huge fan of Miyazaki films!
    Bleach... I'm so behind.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)