Thread: Show/Hide Stat

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Show/Hide Stat

I know some will agree and mostly will disagree. But to add up a "thrill factor" in this game. Must be able to hide / show stats.Everyone can see our stat in this game. Not of being selfish. But making a build takes too many testing,effort and time for one DL player to get comfortable with it. And in an instant, everyone can copy it. Uniqueness and "what is that guys build?" factor is not promoted here.But rather, copy and paste method(Wow, he is strong, i better copy his build). Though i don't have a perfect build itself, but i want,if not everyone, must at least have the option to keep his build on his own. And if you decided to share your build,what does the forum do. At least,everyone will be encourage to check the site if someone post their build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kharmel View Post
    I know some will agree and mostly will disagree. But to add up a "thrill factor" in this game. Must be able to hide / show stats.Everyone can see our stat in this game. Not of being selfish. But making a build takes too many testing,effort and time for one DL player to get comfortable with it. And in an instant, everyone can copy it. Uniqueness and "what is that guys build?" factor is not promoted here.But rather, copy and paste method(Wow, he is strong, i better copy his build). Though i don't have a perfect build itself, but i want,if not everyone, must at least have the option to keep his build on his own. And if you decided to share your build,what does the forum do. At least,everyone will be encourage to check the site if someone post their build.
    Agree...Spend too much money on building ur own build(8plats) and anyone can just copy it..Don't care if my build sux at least i can call it my own....

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFrost View Post
    Agree...Spend too much money on building ur own build(8plats) and anyone can just copy it..Don't care if my build sux at least i can call it my own....
    thank you bro for the complement. At least one is brave enough to agree with me. It seems STS don't have enough idea of the topic i'm talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I somewhat disagree in the fact that people often hide stats because some of them boost pvp kills which completely ruins the PvP k/d leaderboards and if someone wanted to keep the build to one self then that one person should be capable of not telling anyone.
    Last edited by Prestige; 05-20-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Stats doesn't show everything about a build. If you worked hard to find a good build, why not help others a bit that are still trying to make their own?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

An alternative would be to wait for sts to implement the 'Inspect page' feature like. They did in sl and pl.

THE 'INSPECT PAGE' feature allows you to select A variety of backgrounds for your character page(limited customization) as well as hide all stats or Kds like pve/pvp/Ctf.

Be patient, eventually this feature will be introduced sooner or later.

Sent from my LT26i using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Lady_Pebbles

I agree with Prestige and Cahaun. I also hope they do not bring the "inspect page" feature to DL. There really is no point in hidding your builds. Just because some players have similar builds, doesn't mean they copied that player's build. Could be they worked out a build that suits their play style. I think the builds compliment a player's pvp style.

Its kinda like the vanities; one person has a set, another likes it so they get it & wears it. Some even make it their own with other items. Doesn't mean they are copying that toon, just means they like the outfit and wanna wear it. While others get the set and tweak the look to fit their personalities/styles.

I've tried so many combinations of gems and had to respec a few times to find what suits my play style just like everyone else... Yet I look at other player's builds sometimes & I know people look at mine too. So what? I don't do it so I can copy the builds. I do it so I can see if their builds are similar to my own, to compare types of builds and how the way they're used effects the way I play, etc. etc. etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Name:  pwnie.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  4.7 KB
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its obviously fair to keep ones find and share it with their friends.
    I think it is a very important step in making the profile professional.

Also some people use more brains and others brawl. Lol

IGN Enirea 21 dl, 38 sl, Enireabakdar 66 pl
    Last edited by anshdoc; 05-22-2012 at 12:00 PM.