Thread: The Official Pocket Legends Guide/Rulebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default The Official Pocket Legends Guide/Rulebook

Hello! I am the one and only "Cake" I have been playing PL 3-4 months after it came out. I haven't been playing for a while and I decided to come back for the summer! This thread is for my new friends who I convinced to play this game. I have a lot of experience in Pocket Legends and your experience can be fun as well if you follow rules/guidelines (Whatever you want to call them) I have made(You don't have to follow your decision always)

General guidelines to follow:

1. NEVER EVER LEND MONEY OUT (If you do, consider the money gone, even if you trust someone you shouldn't)

2. Don't have arguments with people in Pvp, especially with the big players (If someone gets mad and wants a free kill give it to them, don't try and argue with them for countless hours, you won't get anything out of it)

3. Think twice before buying something (If someone is selling lets say a Lvl 25 Pink Toyman for 40 million, and you have 40 million, think if you really do need the item, and remember to always check C.S and forums for real prices)

4. NEVER BEG FOR MONEY (If you do prepare to get loads of hate, begging and spamming "PLEASE GIVE ME GOLD" will enrage many people for your safety you shouldn't beg)

5. Don't spam friend request (Spamming friend request to Big players is completely pointless, they won't give you money, or actually be a good friend, so only send request to people you trust and think you will have a great time sharing experiences)

6. DON'T SCAM (This can lead to banning, hate, and a lot of deaths in Pvp, scamming is for losers, be a winner)

7. Don't try and solo dungeons you can't (Although only you will get drops, you should tag along with friends instead of trying 1 hour trying to beat fridge on your lvl 30)

8. Set up a chain of farmers-merchants-buyers (Find people that farm for items, so you can buy things off of them, find merchants to sell, or buy, or sell to buyers. This is important because you won't have to spam Blackfort for hours trying to sell "Useless sword of the dagger"

9. Don't steal kills in Pvp (Thats just pathetic, and not only does it cause the person you stole from get mad the whole Pvp community might know about your actions and hunt you)

10. Give back to the community (If you are decked out in full "ULTIMATE Chiroptera Armor" and have 40 mill, whats the point of that? When I first started people saw I was new and gave me things, and once I had enough to give back I gave back, its the experience of giving and receiving ;D I'm not saying to just throw gold at new players, but help them anyway you can without ruining their experience such as telling them how to enter dungeons that have already started, give basic pvp builds, etc)

11. You won't conquer the world of pocket legends in one sitting always remember to take a break (Unless you have a steel gluteus maximus)

12. Stretch, and drink water before playing PL for 3+ hours (Trust me on this one)

13. Do not ever farm kills in pvp on newer players (Or I will kill you with my Pvp players, and thats just wrong, ruining someone's pvp experience from the start, think about it in their shoe's how would you feel if you just started had a blast in PvE but when you got into PvP everyone kills you, and you can't do a thing)

14. Research something before you do it (For example lets say I wanna play lvl 30 pvp, I have to think first whether or not I am financially ready, and if I have people that will help me with it, and if I a good build, this applies to everything like buying, selling, farming etc.)

15. Use the resources you can! (There are plenty of helpful guides out there all you have to do is google what you want, you're not limited to the game or this forums)

16. DO NOT ARGUE WITH ANYONE (This is pointless and a waste of time, on most of my forum posts there is always someone who has to argue, but they're not worth your time)

17. If you are trying to sell something don't stay around at one Blackfort, move from Blackfort to Blackfort

18. When you are trying to sell something don't sell it for more than the C.S. price (Price it at least 2-10% lower)

19. Have more than one character (This is a great and fun way to learn about Pl and experience it)

20. Don't buy elixirs unless you know you can use all of it (For example don't get the free 5 minutes before you go into a dungeon that only has like 6 mobs left)

21. Invest in what you buy (If you buy something plan to sell it again before new content comes out, because you should always make more money)

22. Save up on money (Save at least 10% of what you have in the stash, or emergency purposes, Ex: New content comes out)

23. If you are reading this you have been tr0lled, also watch out for misleading things (Remember that they're no life players in PL and they're main purpose if to tr0ll watch out for them)

24. BEWARE OF THE SCAMMERS

a. Average Scammers (Goes around selling things overpriced, and buying things under priced, and press the O.K. on trade b4 they put their share of the deal on, they also don't give you the correct amount of gold. Ex: item is 44000 but pays only 4400, MOST OF THE TIME you will notice them)

b. Advanced Scammers (These are people who are already rich as they are and have nothing better to do, but scam, but their techniques are very advanced. These scammers are usually found in groups, but can be found solo. A technique that they use is to look for items that aren't noticed in the C.S. for a while, but are only worth 3k, but they put it for 300k and starts a trend going and people keep buying things overpriced until someone figures it out. Another technique they use is putting in Incorrect amount of gold. They usually put confusing numbers in for an item. Ex: Lets say a golden dagger is worth 3 mill, but you and the scammer negotiate and you settle on 2mill, but instead of the scammer will say how about 2121212? Then they will only put in 212121. Watch out for these people

25. Report when you think you're in danger, but use the block button before reporting, because everyone deserves a second chance

26. Have FUN (PL is a video game and was made for people to have fun not to spend 5 days trying to perfect a pvp build, don't take the game TOO seriously, as in playing 600 hours for a green ice sword.

27. NEVER GIVE PERSONAL INFO OUT (Email, address, etc.)

28. Please don't post the same thread on different topic area's (>.<)

If you have anymore rules, or see mistakes please don't hesitate to post. HAPPY HUNTING!
    Last edited by Cake; 05-23-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    Would you look at that its the banana king

You've been trolled face palm*

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

OMG OMG OMG LOOK --->YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED AGAIN

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cake For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I love it Cake! Welcome back to the game and the forums! My favorite rule is #10.

P.S. it's actually "Balefort" not "Blackfort"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Just curious. How do you steal kills in pvp?
    gf.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

^Lets say that someone is almost dead and someone on your team is almost ready for getting that kill, but then you intervene and cast the last shot and kill the person, thus you have stolen a kill
    Thanks Mighty!

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Do you live near Irvine Walk? You live in the same county as me :P

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Default The Official Pocket Legends Guide/Rulebook

I'd change the title of this because, it's not "official pl" it's advice. Maybe a little clarity on 25. "in danger" of what? Block=ignore? And if your referring to scammers- why give them a second chance? Some good tips here but the RULES are the tos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cake:655388
    ^Lets say that someone is almost dead and someone on your team is almost ready for getting that kill, but then you intervene and cast the last shot and kill the person, thus you have stolen a kill
    Thanks Mighty!
    Still not clear on this. Is this ffa, or ctf? If so, theres no such thing.

I live in garden grove. aka the not good part of "the oc"
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I never did 12. I play for a long time in one sitting.... Trying to complete some things.
    #14 three black forts.
    #15 I read all necessary guides for Star Legends, I think I'm rather good :-D
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 05-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This can be apart of any Pvp battle

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

The title "official PL guide" shouldn't be there.

If this was official, it would be made by devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I like how everyone tries to argue with cake's opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Who's arguing? O.o
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I like how everyone tries to argue with cake's opinion.
    You misspelled "providing feedback"
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    You misspelled "providing feedback"
    ^ this. No argument here, just pointing out that sts isn't telling ppl to do odd things like give free kills to high levs. It's advice take it or leave it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Lol, cake in your guide you said not to give out address, and you just gave out where u live lpl.