Thread: Gem and Fortification system?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default Gem and Fortification system?

So I wanted to spill this one out too since I think these are quite important things to have in any MMORPG.

Fortification system would come along with the already existing crafting system. It means that u are able to fortify ur specific piece of equipment to increase it's stats. It could be same type of system as the existing crafting system is, (leather fibers and imbued settings to make a crafted leather) but as u fortify more, u'll just need more of those certain crafting materials. In this way, the whole crafting system would be more interesting and there would be actually use for the platinum store to buy certain crafting materials. And if the equips are fortified enough there would be a sort of set bonus type of glove/sparkles like alltogether fortify level is 10, 15 or whatever it would be. Not necessarily a set bonus for that but just sparkles since we all do love sparkles, right? :3.

Gem System would be even more fun system to implement to the crafting system. Gems would be possible to add to items to give out extra bonuses. Like in instance, like 2% extra dodge or 2% extra critical. Gems would start dropping almost everywhere and they would have same color system as the regular items: Pink gems offer better bonuses than Orange gems. The equips would then have gem sockets which could be increased by fortifying the items. STS could make a good profit for selling gems in the plat store and selling sort of "gem delete elixir" or something which allows to remove gems out of the items if u wish to use the gems for different items.

I would love to see the fortification system and the gem system in PL since I personally think they would be awesome additions, because they would offer us a chance to make a completely unique character.

Downside of these systems are of course that the ones who have the money are able to dominate the game especially in the PvP arena vs. the ones who are running with a bit low funds. But I do think that this would be a good way to increase tremendously the usage of the Plat store and therefore would be a good business call for STS.

Anyways just my two cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Sounds okay. I would certainly use this if it were there. I also do enjoy a bit of individuality, especially since PVP is filled with the exact same gear by everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Great idea. doubt it will happen though.