Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please make this change to push pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Please make this change to push pets

I think every pvp player can agree push pets are annoying and broken. The push cancels out your movement input and theres no counter to it; however, I do have a solution that would fix this problem and balance push pets in general.

Categorize pushes into the same category as slow debuffs. Stuns, slows, freezes, etc are canceled out by shields like nekro. The pushes from these pets would be balanced if they are classified as a stun and are blocked by nekro, rogue’s razor shield, mage’s shield, tank’s jug, etc.. This would provide a way to counter them like how it counters breeze; thus balancing these pets.

Please at least test this change out. Push pets are really annoying in pvp with no counter. I’d say any pvp player would agree with me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wap For This Useful Post:

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Also need more cc immunity pets/procs..nekro is so dem outdated.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...3-pushing-pets

I guess they still looking into it.... :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

That would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Man that’s what all pvp players need. Literally you get tossed around like crazy, it’s super annoying !

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

push stacks from my understanding. this is universal.

Example

dismiss your pet.
    in the last map in shuyal gather all the big guys. they dont have a leash so they chase you around the map.

when you gather them all stand in the corner of any bridge in this map. the big guys will hit you so many times it will push you through the corner and make you fly down the bridge " hall" at a insane speed.

then the game rolls you back to the corner you started at. this will happened untill you are actually released from this corner. but you wont be able to move untill you kill everything and wait for a bit.

i think the issue is because the data on push effects last to long. " in terms of momentum" im going to assume it has something to do with push "active" frames remaining for to long.

my assumption

i think the reason why they havent addressed this is because of mage. " gale"

it uses the same mechanics as push.
    that means if they make adjustments to the push mechanic. it might nerfs mages gale in the process.

the way they should fix this is completely revamping gale.
    i do like gales mastery. but it could be applied else were.

they should give mage a real mobility option like "a teleport".

a lot of skills in the game need to be revamped. a lot of masteries need to be revamped also.

the last time they nerfed pull this was due to spirit weapons. it ended up becoming a universal nerf to the pull mechanic.

that also affected wars axe throw. because of that nerf pulls no longer stack.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 07-15-2021 at 12:02 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    push stacks from my understanding. this is universal.

Example

dismiss your pet.
    in the last map in shuyal gather all the big guys. they dont have a leash so they chase you around the map.

when you gather them all stand in the corner of any bridge in this map. the big guys will hit you so many times it will push you through the corner and make you fly down the bridge " hall" at a insane speed.

then the game rolls you back to the corner you started at. this will happened untill you are actually released from this corner. but you wont be able to move untill you kill everything and wait for a bit.

i think the issue is because the data on push effects last to long. " in terms of momentum" im going to assume it has something to do with push "active" frames remaining for to long.

my assumption

i think the reason why they havent addressed this is because of mage. " gale"

it uses the same mechanics as push.
    that means if they make adjustments to the push mechanic. it might nerfs mages gale in the process.

the way they should fix this is completely revamping gale.
    i do like gales mastery. but it could be applied else were.

they should give mage a real mobility option like "a teleport".

a lot of skills in the game need to be revamped. a lot of masteries need to be revamped also.

the last time they nerfed pull this was due to spirit weapons. it ended up becoming a universal nerf to the pull mechanic.

that also affected wars axe throw. because of that nerf pulls no longer stack.

None of this correlates..

The pushback on gale isn’t a pushback, but a knockdown that stuns. It is countered by nekro, razor, shield, and jug like I mentioned push pets should be as well. The only similar mechanic to push pets I can think of off the top of my head is the push on mage shield & tank’s chest splitter.

The push pets are constant and consistent, not like procs. With the procs you’re talking about, you might get pulled in once every 10 seconds; whereas the push pets are constantly cancelling your movement inputs.

The solution I gave is balanced, have the pushes be blocked by the same stun blocking shields: nekro, jug, razor, shield etc. Push pets will still be good because you’ll still get pushed off these stun blocks, but it won’t be broken anymore because you won’t get your movement inputs cancelled 24/7 without any way to counteract it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

go to gale and go to the 3rd upgrade. charged gale will make your mage "dash "forward. that " dash" isnt really a dash its the push mechanic.

when you charge gale and let go your mage will slide in the direction youre facing in. as soon as this slide becomes active you have to wait the full duration of this slide to move.

charge gale into a wall at a angle you should see some familiar results.

Attachment 235057
    Theres clearly a huge miscommunication here. What i’m talking about has nothing to do with what you are… what I’m complaining about is literally just about the constant pushes on push pets that cancel your movement input and work through nekro and other stun shields. But thats the only problem I see with it, that it works through stun blocks. It would be balanced if the shields (nekro, jug, razor, shield, etc) stopped the pushes. Otherwise, theres literally nothing you can do about the push pets, it often pushes you across the map or just locks you in place and you physically can’t do anything about it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wap View Post
    None of this correlates..

The pushback on gale isn’t a pushback, but a knockdown that stuns. It is countered by nekro, razor, shield, and jug like I mentioned push pets should be as well. The only similar mechanic to push pets I can think of off the top of my head is the push on mage shield & tank’s chest splitter.

The push pets are constant and consistent, not like procs. With the procs you’re talking about, you might get pulled in once every 10 seconds; whereas the push pets are constantly cancelling your movement inputs.

The solution I gave is balanced, have the pushes be blocked by the same stun blocking shields: nekro, jug, razor, shield etc. Push pets will still be good because you’ll still get pushed off these stun blocks, but it won’t be broken anymore because you won’t get your movement inputs cancelled 24/7 without any way to counteract it.

go to gale and go to the 3rd upgrade. charged gale will make your mage "dash "forward. that " dash" isnt really a dash its the push mechanic.

when you charge gale and let go your mage will slide in the direction youre facing in. as soon as this slide becomes active you have to wait the full duration of this slide to move.

charge gale into a wall at a angle you should see some familiar results.

Name:  Screenshot_2021-07-15-02-29-30-928_sts.al.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  49.8 KB

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Theres clearly a huge miscommunication here. What i’m talking about has nothing to do with what you are… what I’m complaining about is literally just about the constant pushes on push pets that cancel your movement input and work through nekro and other stun shields. But thats the only problem I see with it, that it works through stun blocks. It would be balanced if the shields (nekro, jug, razor, shield, etc) stopped the pushes. Otherwise, theres literally nothing you can do about the push pets, it often pushes you across the map or just locks you in place and you physically can’t do anything about it.

i understand what youre saying 10000000%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i understand what youre saying 10000000%.

Yeah man this wouldn’t affect gale at all. The only change i’m requesting is that these pushes from push pets get blocked by stun shields (nekro, jug, shield, razor, etc) so there is a way to counteract them and you aren’t getting tossed around map or locked in place without being able to do anything about it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Yeah man this wouldn’t affect gale at all. The only change i’m requesting is that these pushes from push pets get blocked by stun shields (nekro, jug, shield, razor, etc) so there is a way to counteract them and you aren’t getting tossed around map or locked in place without being able to do anything about it

your not reading what i said properly nor have you tested what i said too. if you did you would understand its a "universal mechanic" pets are not the only ones that can do this mobs can too.

give it a shot you should understand.

and at the end if you dont come to a understanding of what i said that is because you dont want to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

your not reading what i said properly nor have you tested what i said too. if you did you would understand its a "universal mechanic" pets are not the only ones that can do this mobs can too.

give it a shot you should understand.

and at the end if you dont come to a understanding of what i said that is because you dont want to.

Would stun shields (nek, jug, etc) blocking pushes not resolve your problem as well? Thats what i’m asking for.. what you’re saying about mage gale or “teleport” skills is a whole different topic bro… it wouldn’t affect mage gale in any way but it would resolve your problem with getting bugged in shuyal.. anyways what you’re saying is a completely different topic, i’m not asking or talking about any of that.

I think my resolution to the problem I mentioned perfectly balanced. Have stun blocking shields (nek, jug, etc) block pushes as well… if you disagree feel free to tell me why.

For anyone who doesn’t know what i’m talking about: enter a 1v1 duel vs a leveled up push pet (antonio, noe, gourdy, churro, lupe, etc) and try to walk around while they are pushing you. It cancels your movement input and has no counter, you can’t do anything about it. Now imagine 4 of those stacking locking you in place in a 4v4, theres nothing you can do about it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Would stun shields (nek, jug, etc) blocking pushes not resolve your problem as well? Thats what i’m asking for.. what you’re saying about mage gale or “teleport” skills is a whole different topic bro… it wouldn’t affect mage gale in any way but it would resolve your problem with getting bugged in shuyal.. anyways what you’re saying is a completely different topic, i’m not asking or talking about any of that.

I think my resolution to the problem I mentioned perfectly balanced. Have stun blocking shields (nek, jug, etc) block pushes as well… if you disagree feel free to tell me why.

For anyone who doesn’t know what i’m talking about: enter a 1v1 duel vs a leveled up push pet (antonio, noe, gourdy, churro, lupe, etc) and try to walk around while they are pushing you. It cancels your movement input and has no counter, you can’t do anything about it. Now imagine 4 of those stacking locking you in place in a 4v4, theres nothing you can do about it.

the last thing ill say is they need to rework a lot of stuff in the game. personally i dont think they will which isnt a bad thing its just how things are.

how ever if they did make a counter to push that would be interesting.

pets push is consistent because they have auto attacks.
    they dont stop attacking.

lets say push immunity did exist
    when your duration of push immunity is up you will be pushed.

and lets say you guys did 4 man rotation of a push immunity there will still be a gaps because of how the frame data works in the game.

they could try to minimize this but the other factors will still apply.

so push would still basically stack when that immunity is down even for a moment

" push shouldnt stack"

im not disagreeing btw im just saying if they did your method there would still be problems.

Last edited by Potofgreed; 07-15-2021 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

the last thing ill say is they need to rework a lot of stuff in the game. personally i dont think they will which isnt a bad thing its just how things are.

how ever if they did make a counter to push that would be interesting.

pets push is consistent because they have auto attacks.
    they dont stop attacking.

lets say push immunity did exist
    when your duration of push immunity is up you will be pushed.

and lets say you guys did 4 man rotation of a push immunity there will still be a gaps because of how the frame data works in the game.

they could try to minimize this but the other factors will still apply.

so push would still basically stack when that immunity is down even for a moment

" push shouldnt stack"

not disagreeing btw but there is a better way to go about it
    I do agree with this but I do think the simpler solution is to simply have pushes be blocked by stun shields (nek, jug, etc…) This would give a way to counteract them while still having them be useful but not broken.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I do agree with this but I do think the simpler solution is to simply have pushes be blocked by stun shields (nek, jug, etc…) This would give a way to counteract them while still having them be useful but not broken.

if something like this existed you would still be pushed when the duration of the immunity is down.

there will still be moments where you guys will be pushed into a wall.

but i guess you would use a skill or aa to remove the sliding of that push in that moment? which means im a idiot for not understanding this and im sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Please make this change to push pets

if something like this existed you would still be pushed when the duration of the immunity is down.

there will still be moments where you guys will be pushed into a wall.

but i guess you would use a skill or aa to remove the sliding of that push in that moment? which means im a idiot for not understanding this and im sorry

Yeah its to the point where the push are still good but they aren’t broken and they are countable. Just like breeze, if it froze or slowed through stun shields it would be way too broken. Thats the situation we are in with* push pets atm, they push and cancel your movement input and there is no counteracting them. Often times you get locked in place or pushed across the map with no way to counteract it; which is why having stun shields also block pushes is the perfect solution. Once you’re off stun shield, you can still get pushed but once you have it you’re temporarily relieved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

+ 1 push pets should have a cool down just like stuns.
    Last edited by capeo; 07-15-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

+1

would be really helpful.