Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Reduction in cost to Totem Kit - Lich Boss Ap

  1. #1
    Senior Member Anarchial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    704
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    62
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Exclamation Reduction in cost to Totem Kit - Lich Boss Ap

    Hi ,
    First of all, let me start by saying I am absolutely loving the new aps. It brought me excitement in trying to run around and experiment and try new stuffs.

    Coming to the totem kit, I feel its price is a bit too high and I want to explain why.

    1. The price in itself is not too high, considering everything is farmable except the 500k gold. (Powders and balanced bars both are farmable at this point)
    2. However the totem kit post crafting is untradeable and unstashable.
    3. The cost starts becoming high , if you think just about a few weeks from now on.
    4. Not all players are lucky to have friends(1 of their attunement and 2 of the other attunement) who does not have APs.
    5. For above such players, they will be at a disadvantage since it needs exactly 4 members to complete AP.
    6. Players who already have APs would not want to craft again(because of cost) and help their guildies/friends leaving these players struggling.
    7. If struggling players still want to get the AP done by paying, they would have to pay total 4x the cost, i.e. 1 totem kit for their own toon and 3 totem kit for other 3 members.
    8. This leads to extreme high cost of usual f2p players who are quite a majority in this game.

    As such I ask other AL forum specialists to please share your opinion. Again I would love to state I love the aps, but my concerns come from future perspective when the key players would already have their lich AP done. Thanks again

    My suggestion: Adjust the cost of the kit or requirements accordingly.

    Idiedyou
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

  2. #2
    Forum Adept Aldous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    +1111111111111111



    -9999999999999999 on excitement and loving the new APs part xD
    Last edited by Aldous; 07-16-2021 at 03:47 AM.

  3. #3
    Forum Adept Formature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    430
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    41
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    +1


    Enviado de meu SM-J260M usando o Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Forum Adept Regifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    464
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    63
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    I do not understand how u "enjoy" hunting new RARE midgets. Twisted 10 was already too traumatic for me, JEEZ 200 runs for Rakash alone... But I guess whatever floats your boat :')
    Other than that though,

    +1 to reduce the cost of crafting the kits. The kits are untradable and unstashable anyway, why does crafting it need to be that high?

    P.S. What are u smoking to be able to enjoy hunting the rare bosses? UWU
    JK Sai we still love u :'D.
    ~GUILDMASTER~

  5. #5
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    825
    Thanked in
    392 Posts

    Default

    I dont think it is or will be very expencive compared to some other aps like house slots or pets

  6. #6
    Senior Member Willl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Behind you =)
    Posts
    1,624
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    270
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    438
    Thanked in
    228 Posts

    Default

    The totem isnt tradeble but its ingredient yes, so I dont see any problem.

    Also if the one who needs aps cant find anyone to run with (not now, but in the future) he can provide friends totem ingredients.

    Expensive? Nah.. Compare it to pets or house slots..

    Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    806
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

    Default

    Just because pet APs and House Slot APs are expensive doesn't mean that cheaper APs are 'fine', especially when you can fail to get them after spending.

    Also, once you buy the pets and house slots, they will work 100% and aren't affected by lag, your party's skills, etc. In this new achievement's case, you can pay for 4 totems and still fail to get it, then you would have to do it all over.

    I vote +1 for being able to get the AP even if you're the only one that owns the Totem, and not everyone in the party.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    453
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    51
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    Seriously STS needs to stop with these kind of aps, soon itíll be so much that a normal player would never afford to spend 1b gold in the future to be on lb if they keep on letting these kind of achievements out. By normal players I mean those who are able to grind of every other aps excluding the ones that needs ridiculously high amount of gold to get doneÖ

  10. #9
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,318
    Thanked in
    685 Posts

    Default

    I was hoping new aps would be good but they are just boring boss hunts and a very expensive process you can't mess up. Add elite mode to mog lair too that gives 2x the exp as the normal lair.
    Looking for aps like.
    1 Crafting the planar pendant.
    2 Obtain 1 million gold from gold drops in maps. Would say higher but some people don't use gl.
    3 Kill the spider boss in mogeria.
    4 Kill corvis before he summons his first shield. Rogues can 1 shot corvis though.
    5 Complete wave 50 in normal valley gates.
    6 Complete wave 25 in Elite valley gates.
    7 Kill each boss in the planar tombs.
    8 Get a time of 1min 25 seconds or less in shuyal planar arena located in kraag.
    9 Craft 1000 items.
    10 Liquidate 10000 items.


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    1,961
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,889
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    637
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

    Default

    Buy those aps! Then say I did it all by myself! Rofl


    Iím rubber and youíre glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    796
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    59
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    76
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

    Default

    A few months from now or even a year by now those players wont have anyone to do the aps with, the only reason theyre being done right now is because people are rushing to do it bc they have nothing else to do in this game but thats a topic for another day. And ontop of that, once they find people to do the ap,
    1- How will you know that they'll craft the totem and not scam
    2- if everyone crafts the totem and someone messes up the process, you lose all that gold and the people not wanting to retry the ap again
    3- Boring boss hunt aps

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  14. #12
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    825
    Thanked in
    392 Posts

    Default

    Not sure why some people make such a big deal out of this. I bought the materials for 1.5m on my main and crafted the totem for free on my hardcore only by previous aps farming. Seems like an almost free aps to me.

    -1 from me. Still a cheap aps even if it takes several tries.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 07-16-2021 at 05:26 PM.

  15. #13
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,698
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,318
    Thanked in
    685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Not sure why some people make such a big deal out of this. I bought the materials for 1.5m on my main and crafted the totem for free on my hardcore only by previous aps farming. Seems like an almost free aps to me.
    Yeah but aps shouldn't keep costing lots gold to obtain. We have collect 75 heroics, 25 arcanes, 400 house slots, each location, and some others. We want aps that let us play maps to obtain like us farming to make the planar pendant. Glint set aps are good to obtain from farming quests and maps.

  16. #14
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    825
    Thanked in
    392 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Yeah but aps shouldn't keep costing lots gold to obtain. We have collect 75 heroics, 25 arcanes, 400 house slots, each location, and some others. We want aps that let us play maps to obtain like us farming to make the planar pendant. Glint set aps are good to obtain from farming quests and maps.
    I dont understand the part of lots of gold. Its literally 1.5m gold right now. Even if u miss, lets say 5 times, its still 9m. We are talking about this specific one and not any previous achievements. It requires no wealth neither hard work; its basically a gift. I agree that I actually want difficult, hard-to-obtain aps but I dont see the point of this request to make this achievement even easier to get.

  17. #15
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    806
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I dont understand the part of lots of gold. Its literally 1.5m gold right now. Even if u miss, lets say 5 times, its still 9m. We are talking about this specific one and not any previous achievements. It requires no wealth neither hard work; its basically a gift. I agree that I actually want difficult, hard-to-obtain aps but I dont see the point of this request to make this achievement even easier to get.
    The issue is more for those who don't have lots of friends to get it with them. Those who need to get the AP later won't have it as easy to find a party, and chances are they will have to pay for everyone's totem. It would be very hard to find people who have the AP already and that are willing to spend another 1.5M just to help someone else with an AP.

    Then after that comes the risk of failing to do it, which would mean even more spending.

    But then again maybe this achievement is supposed to be one of the 'difficult' ones, so I guess it's fine after all. XD

  18. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    292
    Thanked in
    164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    The issue is more for those who don't have lots of friends to get it with them. Those who need to get the AP later won't have it as easy to find a party, and chances are they will have to pay for everyone's totem. It would be very hard to find people who have the AP already and that are willing to spend another 1.5M just to help someone else with an AP.

    Then after that comes the risk of failing to do it, which would mean even more spending.

    But then again maybe this achievement is supposed to be one of the 'difficult' ones, so I guess it's fine after all. XD
    But isn't this true of most accomplishments? mostly the harder elite Aps? After a certain number of existing players have completed the achievements, the remaining players will have no choice but to solo.

    A prime example would be that once the expansion comes, that Vardan Valley aps; Frontier and Greensap, would be significantly harder to accomplish due to the sudden shift of the player base towards the new content.

    Even if you must repeat it 5 times for whatever reason, it is still a fraction of the cost, time and difficulty to pay in comparison with the 100hrs+ gameplay accomplishing these Valley aps for example, or other difficult ones. I disagree, Aps like this is as easy as they could get, a filler perhaps.

    But again, thats where the seasonal leaderboards come to play, it brings in a constant supply of elite runners, where this becomes a non-issue after all.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 07-16-2021 at 09:12 PM.

  19. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    144
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regifter View Post
    I do not understand how u "enjoy" hunting new RARE midgets. Twisted 10 was already too traumatic for me, JEEZ 200 runs for Rakash alone... But I guess whatever floats your boat :')
    Other than that though,

    +1 to reduce the cost of crafting the kits. The kits are untradable and unstashable anyway, why does crafting it need to be that high?

    P.S. What are u smoking to be able to enjoy hunting the rare bosses? UWU
    JK Sai we still love u :'D.

    I'm a bounty hunter and this comment made me feel blush a bit hahahaha! As for me i'm enjoying hunting (and selling) all the rares so far. Healthbar + name above the mob gives me so much excitement all through out the runs

  20. #18
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Makati, Philippines
    Posts
    311
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    +1
    not everyone is rich
    some people here are treating 1.5m like it's nothing, well good for u coz u have the money for it
    what about those who aren't rich ?
    what about those who can't spend so much time playing ?
    maybe if there was no chance of failing then it would be kind of okay to have it at that price
    but I think 500k to craft is still a lot
    IAPIZ

  21. #19
    Senior Member Anarchial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    704
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    62
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    I see a lot of good healthy discussions. I just want to re add a few points. The cost itself might not be an issue but its the requirements of AP that might make the cost an issue.
    If the AP was something like "you destroy a pool near lich and you get AP after Lich is dead" that itself removes a lot of the issues highlighted.

    In my opinion it should have been like that where its primarily solo AP, that if YOU the character does xyz you get AP.

    Also I am sorry, to disagree with the fact that since costlier APs exist, this is fine. Just because some APs like heroic and house slots exist doesn't make it OK to add more gold based APs.
    If we let it be fine everytime, STS will keep on adding APs like this.

    I was not present when heroic and house slots APs got (back after a huge break) , but I am here now, and I am hoping the APs are more catered towards content rather than assets like gold, and house slots and more gold.

  22. #20
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    825
    Thanked in
    392 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    I see a lot of good healthy discussions. I just want to re add a few points. The cost itself might not be an issue but its the requirements of AP that might make the cost an issue.
    If the AP was something like "you destroy a pool near lich and you get AP after Lich is dead" that itself removes a lot of the issues highlighted.

    In my opinion it should have been like that where its primarily solo AP, that if YOU the character does xyz you get AP.

    Also I am sorry, to disagree with the fact that since costlier APs exist, this is fine. Just because some APs like heroic and house slots exist doesn't make it OK to add more gold based APs.
    If we let it be fine everytime, STS will keep on adding APs like this.

    I was not present when heroic and house slots APs got (back after a huge break) , but I am here now, and I am hoping the APs are more catered towards content rather than assets like gold, and house slots and more gold.
    So if I get it right the fundamental question here is whether aps should require gold or not. Seems reasonable to me; I prefer grinding or searching over spending as well. Personally, would prefer to have several new aps that fall in every category so everybody has something to aim at. Some have gold, some have time and some have both. I can understand based on those 3 types of players that different opinions come across. Tho as said, seems most fair to me if we get some aps of each and the only part that was missing this time was the grinding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2020, 03:39 AM
  2. Lost 20 plat, from double boss elix that says it cost 0 plat!!
    By Leonpvp in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2017, 04:50 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •