Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

3 50.00%
  • No way!!

2 33.33%
  • Don't care

1 16.67%

Thread: Make platinum items tradable (?!?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Make platinum items tradable (?!?)

Please read my post before you vote~ and if you say "no" please explain WHY.

Even though this probably isn't likely to happen, I really hope they consider making platinum items tradeable. I have a few reasons.

1) People can already buy coins and experience with platinum. So if they can sell the platinum items they get from packs to other players, what's the difference? It's better than selling them for a tiny amount of coins, and people who don't buy platinum have a chance at getting them if they save up enough. Win-win. Additionally, people who get crappy items from a pack would be able to sell those items for at least a little money, rather than have them uselessly sit in their bag or sell them for like 500 coins or less...

2) The demand for platinum items will always be high as long as they keep coming out with new good packs. Maybe the prices of old items will eventually 'level off' once there are a decent amount in the market, but isn't that true no matter what? Old packs eventually lose popularity once new better ones come out, and only some of the good ones remain popular. As long as there are new packs that you can only get from the platinum store, the demand will be high.

3) The types of people who spend lots of money on games are completely separate from those who don't want to spend a cent. There are some people in between but in general the line is pretty clear. Someone who only wants to spend $5 is never going to spend $50 just to get a rare weapon. And cash shoppers who want to be one of the first to get a rare item aren't going to wait till there's a sale or for the prices to go down if it cost coins. If anything they'd probably try to sell it as high as possible while it's still rare, or you know, keep it to themselves and show it off. So it's not like it'd be easy for people to who don't buy platinum to afford platinum items anyways, unless they are good merchanters/long-term players.

Anyways, *I* think it would work and it would make a lot of people happy. The prices in DL are so much higher than other STS games, so it would be nice if the features were more flexible and more generous too.

Please comment if you agree, or if you don't..!
    Last edited by xChilla; 05-25-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Please click HERE for better quality picture!!^^
    ~☆~ Join my group Chilla Crazy ~☆~
    DL: Ayako - lvl 20/PL: Ayachilla - lvl 33

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Dont see it happening as that would undercut STS sales of gold. But i dont care if they did or not. If you want something its always going to cost you. STS supplies you with the need dont see them suppling you wants indirectly.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Dont see it happening as that would undercut STS sales of gold.
    By 'gold' do you mean 'platinum'? Or do they actually sell a lot of in game coins? I always figured more people spend cash on platinum and don't bother with coins because they're fairly easy to earn and don't have much use besides fashion.

Please click HERE for better quality picture!!^^
    ~☆~ Join my group Chilla Crazy ~☆~
    DL: Ayako - lvl 20/PL: Ayachilla - lvl 33

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xChilla:657645
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    Dont see it happening as that would undercut STS sales of gold.
    By 'gold' do you mean 'platinum'? Or do they actually sell a lot of in game coins? I always figured more people spend cash on platinum and don't bother with coins because they're fairly easy to earn and don't have much use besides fashion.
    That true for established games but not so for new games. 1mil gold in DL is worth more then 1mil in PL. In the begining of new games it worth buying gold.

Gold is used mainly for buying stuff from auction house or potions.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The way i see it is, people would put a great price on these platinum bought items, in which would eliminate STS proffiting from gold, Which also makes them lose people buying platinum. Sts will probably never do this for they will lose too much profit for doing so. This is my opinion, although i do think that they should.

PL: Main-Bigglsworth level 66 Enchantress, Twink-Vvarpvp level 12 Dex Bear
    SL: Main-Bigglsworth level 8 Defender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PL_Keaton96 View Post
    The way i see it is, people would put a great price on these platinum bought items, in which would eliminate STS proffiting from gold, Which also makes them lose people buying platinum. Sts will probably never do this for they will lose too much profit for doing so. This is my opinion, although i do think that they should.
    Yep yep & yep