Thread: Skeletonlord's tip of the week *Work In Progress*

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd:658558
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE:658548
    This thread reminds me of why i quit using forums for a long time...

Glad to see one person took what i said in my quit thread (Apollo) to heart.
    I personally think some people have too thin of skin, and take the forums a tad bit too serious.

That, and I think we are all pretty bored with the lack of new content.
    I agree with the thin skinned, and taking the forums too seriously. It's funny to me, how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite. There are a lot of fake, wanna be popular, wanna look smarter then they really are, arrogant people on these forums now. There used to only be a couple... then apparently they bred.

And it's not boredom due to lack of content problem. It's a personality problem.

Here a light bulb moment for some of you... if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one. No matter what he writes, you're just opening it so you can leave a smart alec comment. Just go on to the next thread.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I think everyone just needs to relax. Both the people with the excellent tips and the people in here trying to be mothers and telling us about feelings and stuff. All that happens is people trying to have a little fun with these tips get all of the forum moms drawers in a twist then we gotta listen to them chide others for possibly hurting feelings. Borrrr-ing.

Tip: drink you milk for healthy and strong teeth and bones.

Tip: proper following distance while driving is approximately 1 car length for every 10 miles an hour of speed.

Tip: be careful when driving on weekend nights in South Korea. According to surveys conducted by the U.S. military, about 80% of drivers are intoxicated to some degree.

-----
    Sent from my ICS-powered HTC Evo 3D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

What zheo said Is completely true. I usually talk to this with my friend making fun of it. Lol.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE:658854
    Here a light bulb moment for some of you... if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one. No matter what he writes, you're just opening it so you can leave a smart alec comment. Just go on to the next thread.
    sometimes you just want a laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    sometimes you just want a laugh
    I'll be honest, this is the only reason I open anything on this forum. Not just Skel's.

Anyway, I'm really curious on what goes through your mind, Skeletonlord. I'm not saying you're an idiot, I'm just wondering why you make such threads like these. You've been getting negative responses from most of your threads for months now. If your main intention is to become popular over the internet, then I'll be the first, and I doubt I'll be the last, to say that's incredibly sad. Skeletonlord, if your just trying to be helpful, because it truly makes you feel good, sit down for an hour or two and think of how to do that. If all you come up with is common sense that will just give people a reason to bash on you, think more. If you're unsuccessful, keep trying. If you can't do it, then this path your trying to go down just isn't for you. Just enjoy the forums and have fun playing the games if that's the case.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Carth; 05-27-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carth For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    I agree with the thin skinned, and taking the forums too seriously. It's funny to me, how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite. There are a lot of fake, wanna be popular, wanna look smarter then they really are, arrogant people on these forums now. There used to only be a couple... then apparently they bred.

And it's not boredom due to lack of content problem. It's a personality problem.

It's funny, I still remember how you told Bronxman to stop making his satirical threads. "...if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one.." is not a fitting statement for someone who has history of dictating someone's way of posting. So in that sense, you are your own evidence when you said "...how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite". To your point, everyone should be bound by the community's rules and one of them is not repeating previous threads, isn't that clear? I'm not policing or anything like that, anything can post anything but someone who's defending someone who's clearly in the wrong is clearly partial...that's what you call double standard because there were many posters in the past that were criticized by forumers for repeating threads and gave them the automatic "use the search button". By your logic I can post anything I want even if it's in the trolling mode and tell people not to look at my thread if they don't like it? That's ironic because that kind of thinking is what is destroying this forum, and you were one of the people who complained about the forums declining...your action speaks different of what you preach. Why are you singling out this particular forumer? Where were you when people were criticizing other forumers for not using search button? Surely you've been around when those things happened, or you were just not interested since they were not popular? Be consistent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Does anyone else sense a thread lock?
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    It's funny, I still remember how you told Bronxman to stop making his satirical threads. "...if you don't like Skel's threads, don't open them when he makes one.." is not a fitting statement for someone who has history of dictating someone's way of posting. So in that sense, you are your own evidence when you said "...how in one thread, people scream one thing. Then in another the scream the complete opposite". To your point, everyone should be bound by the community's rules and one of them is not repeating previous threads, isn't that clear? I'm not policing or anything like that, anything can post anything but someone who's defending someone who's clearly in the wrong is clearly partial...that's what you call double standard because there were many posters in the past that were criticized by forumers for repeating threads and gave them the automatic "use the search button". By your logic I can post anything I want even if it's in the trolling mode and tell people not to look at my thread if they don't like it? That's ironic because that kind of thinking is what is destroying this forum, and you were one of the people who complained about the forums declining...your action speaks different of what you preach. Why are you singling out this particular forumer? Where were you when people were criticizing other forumers for not using search button? Surely you've been around when those things happened, or you were just not interested since they were not popular? Be consistent.
    While on the surface, your point seems valid, let's dig deeper...

My response to Bronxman

On the for real, Bronx, it's time to stop. I generally laugh at your threads and posts, but you're just egging people on at this point. Not cool.

This was response #59 to that thread. The context of this was that he was just egging and inciting the negativity.

From my quit thread

- Every main topic, and most of the minor ones, that can be covered, have been covered. Maybe the OP doesn't know how to use the search
    function. Maybe they didn't find the information they wanted. Maybe they just want to make their own post. In the end, what does it matter??
    Seriously, if there are 20 threads on where is the best place to farm gold, does one more post hurt?? Maybe, just maybe, someone found a
    better spot then is listed in any of the first 20 threads.

- I bet there isn't a thread like this that's been made. If there is, I won't know. I didn't search for it.

I think this on is pretty self explanatory. Please don't lump me in with the people that used the "use the search button" line. Truthfully, that could be used in most threads now a days. And as you can see, I was calling out the people that were using that line all the time.

From this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    that's what you call double standard because there were many posters in the past that were criticized by forumers for repeating threads and gave them the automatic "use the search button". By your logic I can post anything I want even if it's in the trolling mode and tell people not to look at my thread if they don't like it? That's ironic because that kind of thinking is what is destroying this forum, and you were one of the people who complained about the forums declining...your action speaks different of what you preach. Why are you singling out this particular forumer? Where were you when people were criticizing other forumers for not using search button? Surely you've been around when those things happened, or you were just not interested since they were not popular? Be consistent.

Before you start spewing about living to one standard... 2/3 of your responses on this thread was TIP: Use the search button. Then you seem to be complaining about people using that line. Should I use the search funtion to find out how many times you've used that??

Reread my responses in this thread and tell me where I'm defending Skel?? Personally, I agree with what most of the people are saying on here. His responses are generally just copies of what was said right before him, and his "guides" aren't really guides. My point in my first response was "this is a really negative thread. My point in the 2nd response was in response to the multiple people on here saying they have called out Skel in his threads, and they have Pmed him. If calling him out, and Pming him doesn't change his ways, then ignore him. That, zeusabe, is called common sense. That is not dictating someone's way of posting. And to your point of "someone who is clearly in the wrong... Where is Skel in the wrong?? Is it to your interpretation of the forum rules?? If he was clearly in the wrong, then I'm sure one of the real forum moderators would address it. *hears crickets* Yep, they aren't addressing it, so he's not clearly in the wrong.

So to recap...
    - I have been consistent in my attitude. My attitude is "stop being so negative", or "why are we being so negative". Common theme... No negativity.
    - I could care less whether you use the search button, double, triple, or even quadrauple post. Shoo... I don't even care if you post the same thread 5 times, with the same content, and different headlines. i just hit the back button, and move on to the next interesting looking headline.
    - You can post anything you want to, and tell people not to look at it if they don't like it. That is almost my point. My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on. If there is a forumer who routinely starts threads that irritate people, don't open them. If you do, don't be surprised when you find irritating comments.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings you have about me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on.
    This made me lol. If you can't even follow your own advice, why should anyone else?

Tip: Don't follow ZHEOTARE's advice. It's conflicting.

-----

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:659908
    My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on.
    This made me lol. If you can't even follow your own advice, why should anyone else?

Tip: Don't follow ZHEOTARE's advice. It's conflicting.
    Touche...

In retrospect, I should have PMed my response.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

While on the surface, your point seems valid, let's dig deeper...

My response to Bronxman

On the for real, Bronx, it's time to stop. I generally laugh at your threads and posts, but you're just egging people on at this point. Not cool.

This was response #59 to that thread. The context of this was that he was just egging and inciting the negativity.

From my quit thread

- Every main topic, and most of the minor ones, that can be covered, have been covered. Maybe the OP doesn't know how to use the search
    function. Maybe they didn't find the information they wanted. Maybe they just want to make their own post. In the end, what does it matter??
    Seriously, if there are 20 threads on where is the best place to farm gold, does one more post hurt?? Maybe, just maybe, someone found a
    better spot then is listed in any of the first 20 threads.

- I bet there isn't a thread like this that's been made. If there is, I won't know. I didn't search for it.

I think this on is pretty self explanatory. Please don't lump me in with the people that used the "use the search button" line. Truthfully, that could be used in most threads now a days. And as you can see, I was calling out the people that were using that line all the time.

From this thread

Before you start spewing about living to one standard... 2/3 of your responses on this thread was TIP: Use the search button. Then you seem to be complaining about people using that line. Should I use the search funtion to find out how many times you've used that??

Reread my responses in this thread and tell me where I'm defending Skel?? Personally, I agree with what most of the people are saying on here. His responses are generally just copies of what was said right before him, and his "guides" aren't really guides. My point in my first response was "this is a really negative thread. My point in the 2nd response was in response to the multiple people on here saying they have called out Skel in his threads, and they have Pmed him. If calling him out, and Pming him doesn't change his ways, then ignore him. That, zeusabe, is called common sense. That is not dictating someone's way of posting. And to your point of "someone who is clearly in the wrong... Where is Skel in the wrong?? Is it to your interpretation of the forum rules?? If he was clearly in the wrong, then I'm sure one of the real forum moderators would address it. *hears crickets* Yep, they aren't addressing it, so he's not clearly in the wrong.

So to recap...
    - I have been consistent in my attitude. My attitude is "stop being so negative", or "why are we being so negative". Common theme... No negativity.
    - I could care less whether you use the search button, double, triple, or even quadrauple post. Shoo... I don't even care if you post the same thread 5 times, with the same content, and different headlines. i just hit the back button, and move on to the next interesting looking headline.
    - You can post anything you want to, and tell people not to look at it if they don't like it. That is almost my point. My point is, instead of going back and forth with a bunch of people that aren't even the OP, just don't respond, and move on. If there is a forumer who routinely starts threads that irritate people, don't open them. If you do, don't be surprised when you find irritating comments.

Hope this clarifies any misunderstandings you have about me.
    First of all, I find this thread egging and inciting negativity, otherwise we wouldn't be talking discussing it, all you have to do is look at the posts before us (or look the TS other threads). In fact, that's the reason why you're here right, you're supposed to be the one to stop people from unleashing all their negativity to the TS. It just so happened that you're on the other side of the fence now.

On your second point, your argument is that since there are 20 similar threads out there, it's OK to have 1 more similar thread. You just admitted to be willfully defiant of the TOS, that's all I wanted to read. The logic behind the policy is beyond my comprehension since I was not present when it was made, but the fact remains that it's there and must be followed, otherwise, what's the point of it being there. Since we're talking a violation of a rule here, in spirit, what you're actually implying is if someone did wrong 19 times (since the first doesn't count), then 1 more wrong won't hurt, that's twisted.

On your third point, about using the search button line is applicable to most threads nowadays, I must agree with you on that statement, but that's true only because the policy was poorly observed. Just because something already spread doesn't make it correct, as much as how prostitution have spread (obviously that's not correct but people are happy so whatever).

Fourth point, I used the word tip to open my sentence and I replied to a single thread. Obviously, my train of thought will be the same given a certain issue unless I've a personality disorder. I assure you I've not said anything similar in any of my posts unless I'm also trying to point out the repetitious nature of a thread. I don't change what I scream on similar threads like other people...

Fifth, you started defending the TS when you told people not to open his thread when he makes one and it snowballed from there.

Sixth, Ignoring someone is not my way of dealing with a wrong, that's your style not mine, I say what I think, that ZHEOTARE is called standing up for what is right. I got an official document called TOS to back me up so I know I'm right, I don't even need to interpret it, it was explicitly stated all you have to do is read it. You're simply trying to twist it and make it correct because you were caught cold on your inconsistent behavior. For the record, he was reprimanded many times already...in fact, some people already consider him as a troll, I guess STS has been very lenient to him, but that doesn't mean it should be tolerated.

Seventh, it's funny how you mention your attitude being anti negative when you quit the forums when faced with predicaments. So that's how you deal with negativity, you leave and ignore people and let them do their trolling while you pretend not to hear/see them. That's the worst plan I've heard when it comes to trying to remove negativity in anything, don't do anything and leave.

On your recap, you again emphasized to ignore people, and you expect negativity to disappear? I'm not how you came up with this theory, but from where I'm from, you need action to get something, you can't just sit, hope for the best, don't do anything, and expect things to change. That's what the rest do, but I'm not like you, I'll speak my mind regardless if you have 10,000 posts over me if I don't agree with it, in my own little way, I'm trying to do something rather than not do anything at all. This forum needs more people like me than you, that I'm sure of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Tl;dr

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Here, a cool pic...

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Here, a CHILL pic...

cool pill? :P
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

IB4L looks like it just might get locked...

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The next one should be how to use your emotes
    Elixirgod - Proud Master of Alterra Gods! Elixirmini - Level 10 bird twink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Skeletonlord's tip of the week *Work In Progress*

Does anyone even remember what this thread was originally about? I do. It was a simple "helpful" location for skel to write down random tips in... It seems that things always get out of hand... If you have a problem with another former or just feel like trolling, go "express" that somewhere else. Things like this always happen to threads like this... First the trolls come out and throw away the topic the OP had set, then a few mild flames start, then it's war... Please, it is too late for this thread (I'm giving up hope in it too :P),but it isnt too late for future threads. We don't have to turn the forums into a flame war, we can fix stuff like this! FORUM PEACE FTW!!!!
    \Down with the Rep!/

Forum Adept ExperimentNebulaCore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

People on forums have big vocabulary o.O
    Aznhmoobyang 66, endgame pvper Aznbboynebula 65, suicidal toon on leaderboard experimentkai 12 pvper and more toons not gonn list

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

@ Appleisaac - It depends on who you ask, there are some people like myself who feels that this thread should not even exist in the first place. A troll-able thread, redundant thread, an unnecessary thread, and most importantly a repetitious thread (did I say redundant?). Contrary to your analysis, by disagreeing on repetitious threads, future thread starters will be more careful not to commit the same mistake as not to embarrass themselves, it's long-term, but I don't blame you for not seeing that...People here have become too tolerant of mistakes to the point that people forget they are in a public forum where it's guided by rules and people watch, this is not a place where you can shout or repeat anything you want, and tell the other guy who disagrees to go somewhere else as if you own the forum, if you want to do that, make a private website or something, as long as you're here in a public forum, expect to be disagreed upon by people who are guided by these rules and you should be prepared to defend yourself if you think you're correct. Again I'm not policing, but don't hate me for disagreeing, and if you think that because of me that this thread became hopeless (closed in the future) then I'll take that as a compliment.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 05-28-2012 at 11:10 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Tip: Do not seek shelter under a lone tree in a thunderstorm. The result could be electrifying.

-----