Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Eli Holden

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Eli Holden has been the source of many threads, and typically we don't intervene to reflect on anything like this. Since he has been problematic for a lot of people however I will confirm the information you already know.

He DOES spawn in Death From Above, in Gallows Alley Slums and is one of the rarest of the spawns! You guys did make me check the game to make sure however (bugs do happen and you guys have been hunting for so long after all), and I can confirm he is right where he is supposed to be. Happy Hunting

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:662973
    Eli Holden has been the source of many threads, and typically we don't intervene to reflect on anything like this. Since he has been problematic for a lot of people however I will confirm the information you already know.

He DOES spawn in Death From Above, in Gallows Alley Slums and is one of the rarest of the spawns! You guys did make me check the game to make sure however (bugs do happen and you guys have been hunting for so long after all), and I can confirm he is right where he is supposed to be. Happy Hunting

Finally confirmation! thank you!

Aight back to hunting. Test... I will let ya know luv.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I am sure he spawns in Death from Above.

I am sure he is rare.

I am not so sure he has been turned on.

I have a feeling this achievement progress is being gated.

When the expansion rolls out, if all of a sudden people are seeing him left and right... I'ma eat a whole tub of icecream in sadness after all the time put in=P
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    I am sure he spawns in Death from Above.

I am sure he is rare.

I am not so sure he has been turned on.

I have a feeling this achievement progress is being gated.

When the expansion rolls out, if all of a sudden people are seeing him left and right... I'ma eat a whole tub of icecream in sadness after all the time put in=P
    So you are saying that STS has a hidden business agreement with Blue Bell?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

A secret agenda to depress me so I get fat... and then can ONLY sit on my arse and play on my tablet...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

I think stomp still does not beleive you
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    I think stomp still does not beleive you
    I think carapace checked the tables and saw everything was right. I also think there's something wrong. I understand a rare spawn rate but so rare that people have done thousands of runs and haven't seen him? Also, he didn't say he was THE rarest spawn he said he was one of the rarest so that leads me to believe there are others that are either rarer or just as rare. It just seems to me like something is wrong if several people have gotten the other rare spawns and eli remains unseen while being the focus of more farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think carapace checked the tables and saw everything was right. I also think there's something wrong. I understand a rare spawn rate but so rare that people have done thousands of runs and haven't seen him? Also, he didn't say he was THE rarest spawn he said he was one of the rarest so that leads me to believe there are others that are either rarer or just as rare. It just seems to me like something is wrong if several people have gotten the other rare spawns and eli remains unseen while being the focus of more farming.
    Either that or the drop rate is unreal... something like 0.5 chances in a million. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Carapace,

You say he is rare...

You say he spawns in Death from Above...

You say he has the correct spawn rate...

You say he is working as intended...

...can you kindly answer if it is possible for him to spawn?

All of the above can be true and Eli can still be locked out to control achievement progress until expansion.

*Can* Eli Holden, the way he is configured right now, spawn before the expansion, or any future event?

Think that phrasing covers all my bases haha

And if the answer to the above is yes, don't you think he is too rare?

I've obsessed over him for 3 weeks.

75+k worth of pve skills in Death from Above, offering the community 200k for his head, buying energy refills during half off event, around 22 people hunting him for me that check in daily, someone of them have their own teams of people...

And I can name prolly 5 people doing this... some longer than me.

That isn't including the people we don't know about.

I don't think it is a stretch to say that no one has seen him. And I mean no one. No even the random player just passing through.

This *can't* be intended.

I am not asking for a handout. I think I, and others, have shown we don't mind working for something...

But this is crazy.

Bark bark

Woof

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

He's Eli Holden on till the next map pack.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Maybe he is camouflaged into another rare boss so that we cant see him and cant farm him @.O Caraspace chose his words wisely but our guys need to be told the truth... I mean why farm him 3 weeks and not find him at all? It is just weird... In WoW there were items with 0.001% drop chance but some people found them....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Maybe he is invisible. Have y'all try fighting the air?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Maybe he is invisible. Have y'all try fighting the air?
    I fought with a tent once... Unfortunately it won...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Floating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi all,

This is my first post in a forum ever. I usually try to discreet, maybe hence the name. But in fact there is no relation between my nickname and my discretion.

I am a very happy player of STS legends games with four characters at L41 in Star Legends and two characters at L21 in Dark Legends. I also follow the forums since more recently and admire the time and talent spent by certain players on guides, charts and walkthroughs.

In this forum there seems to be numerous threads on the executions achievement and among them several are particularly dedicated to Eli Holden. All of them with essentially feeds from the same four or five players who only have one execution left. I found one of the posts relevant as to ask if the spawn of Eli was working or not and the rest a succession of moanings, beggings and expresssion of frustration. And yesterday something happened that transformed me from a happy grinder to a disappointed player which pushed to post for the first time.

I can understand the frustration of certain players for searching for long. I have been searching (and still looking) for Bishop since the last three weeks and Armand Wilfried just before for two weeks on an average of 178.4 runs a day of the same map calculated on my PvE kills and the number of mobs in the map. I have been hunting executions actively since a week or two before the Apple release of the game so maybe longer or as long as some players. I have never moaned, whinged on the rarity of the executions and take the game as a nice challenge that keeps me logging on with pleasure even after l21.
    I leave the chances of finding them to grinding, the gods of game and Lady luck.

Now Carapace has been very nice to confirm in another thread that the Eli did spawn and there was no coding error. This news should have been enough to stimulate players to continue searching for him but instead it has lead to more begging or transforming the game to make his spawn more frequent.

I have no figures but suppose logically that there are more players with two, three or four executions remaining than the four or five players with one execution left who post repetitively on different Eli threads.

So when Carapace posts above yesterday to confirm that Eli Holden spawns in Death from above, it undeniably gives a strong advantage or head start to a minority of four or five players with only one execution left for being the first to obtain the Death Incarnate achievement.
    I am sure Carapace's post was made with good intentions but it has hindered the chances of a lot of players for the interests of a happy few and biased the game.

To conclude I would say:

- I will continue to hunt the executions for my personal satisfaction even if my chances as well as others to be the first to obtain the execution achievement has been diminished.

- I will of course not ask Spacetime Studios to alter the game again to put all players on equal chances to be the first to obtain the execution achievement.

- Continue to share my executions by inviting people. Especially Eli when I find him as promised.

- Would like to remind players that even if there is a rare great open minded attitude from developer team eager on feed back, that it is to them to adapt to rules of the game and not the game to adapt to their rules. It diminishes not only their fun but in the case of an MMO the fun for others.

- Ask players not to pretend speaking on behalf of a lot or all players when it is the case of personal interests.

- Ask players to try to complain, beg, whinge only once, as twice or more becomes irritating to read. Be happy with the information provided already and in the case of Fox of the 22+ multiplied chances of finding Eli compared to others (if I read the post on the amount of players seeking for the ransom well)

- For developers maybe a further consideration on not to "intervene to reflect on anything" even under repetitive pressure of a loud minority of players.

- And above all I would like to wish all executions hunters good luck for obtaining the title as it is a nice challenge in the game.

Short first post out :-P

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spooks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

What he said.

It's a numbers game. This is the state lottery and, as percentages would indicate, we're losing it day after day.
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks:664414
    Hi all,

This is my first post in a forum ever. I usually try to discreet, maybe hence the name. But in fact there is no relation between my nickname and my discretion.

I am a very happy player of STS legends games with four characters at L41 in Star Legends and two characters at L21 in Dark Legends. I also follow the forums since more recently and admire the time and talent spent by certain players on guides, charts and walkthroughs.

In this forum there seems to be numerous threads on the executions achievement and among them several are particularly dedicated to Eli Holden. All of them with essentially feeds from the same four or five players who only have one execution left. I found one of the posts relevant as to ask if the spawn of Eli was working or not and the rest a succession of moanings, beggings and expresssion of frustration. And yesterday something happened that transformed me from a happy grinder to a disappointed player which pushed to post for the first time.

I can understand the frustration of certain players for searching for long. I have been searching (and still looking) for Bishop since the last three weeks and Armand Wilfried just before for two weeks on an average of 178.4 runs a day of the same map calculated on my PvE kills and the number of mobs in the map. I have been hunting executions actively since a week or two before the Apple release of the game so maybe longer or as long as some players. I have never moaned, whinged on the rarity of the executions and take the game as a nice challenge that keeps me logging on with pleasure even after l21.
    I leave the chances of finding them to grinding, the gods of game and Lady luck.

Now Carapace has been very nice to confirm in another thread that the Eli did spawn and there was no coding error. This news should have been enough to stimulate players to continue searching for him but instead it has lead to more begging or transforming the game to make his spawn more frequent.

I have no figures but suppose logically that there are more players with two, three or four executions remaining than the four or five players with one execution left who post repetitively on different Eli threads.

So when Carapace posts above yesterday to confirm that Eli Holden spawns in Death from above, it undeniably gives a strong advantage or head start to a minority of four or five players with only one execution left for being the first to obtain the Death Incarnate achievement.
    I am sure Carapace's post was made with good intentions but it has hindered the chances of a lot of players for the interests of a happy few and biased the game.

To conclude I would say:

- I will continue to hunt the executions for my personal satisfaction even if my chances as well as others to be the first to obtain the execution achievement has been diminished.

- I will of course not ask Spacetime Studios to alter the game again to put all players on equal chances to be the first to obtain the execution achievement.

- Continue to share my executions by inviting people. Especially Eli when I find him as promised.

- Would like to remind players that even if there is a rare great open minded attitude from developer team eager on feed back, that it is to them to adapt to rules of the game and not the game to adapt to their rules. It diminishes not only their fun but in the case of an MMO the fun for others.

- Ask players not to pretend speaking on behalf of a lot or all players when it is the case of personal interests.

- Ask players to try to complain, beg, whinge only once, as twice or more becomes irritating to read. Be happy with the information provided already and in the case of Fox of the 22+ multiplied chances of finding Eli compared to others (if I read the post on the amount of players seeking for the ransom well)

- For developers maybe a further consideration on not to "intervene to reflect on anything" even under repetitive pressure of a loud minority of players.

- And above all I would like to wish all executions hunters good luck for obtaining the title as it is a nice challenge in the game.

I could care less about being first...

I just want to do other stuff lol.

His words didn't give anyone an advantage...

It just verified what we already knew.

178 runs a day? You use 534 energy daily?

The posts might sound a bit complainy, but it's feedback the devs should hear.

If a few people had just bishop left... or just Agra left... it would be different.

But all being stuck on Eli is a bit weird. Numbers game aside, it seems a bit odd.

Especially considering the compounded odds some of us are employing, you'd think after weeks would yield some fruit.

It is a pleasure to meet you btw, but kindly change your tone. It feels like your talking down at us.

The few of us with Eli left communicate with each other and are attempting to invite each other so we can all get it.

I don't feel we are asking for a handout. We just wanted confirmation on something that appeared/appears broke.

I don't mind rare things, but asking for it to still be rare, but slightly tweaked in the player's favor isn't a negative.

It wold be nice if whoever gets it first, and the other hundreds of players to follow, didn't have to farm *anything* exclusively for a month with no success.

Especially with the reward being a title that isn't taking the place of the guild tag I love more than any title.

Wouldn't you like Eli? We are trying to help you too. This isn't some I want it first elitism...

You don't know me/us or what motivates us. Carapace did nothing wrong, showed no favoritism, and did not hurt your chances.

Welcome to the forums...

Woof

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Xaphan Fox For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Testament (the handsome fox) said it best. Yes I was happy to get some type of confirmation but sadly I assumed he spawns (normally I don't assume anything). So I went and continued trying throughout the day and night, hoping he will spawn since Im way over the amount of days it took me to get Agra-Ek & Reverend Levon James to spawn (took 5 days each... Its been weeks trying to get Eli to spawn).

However, whats the point in trying if he might not even spawn?

This is really becoming a waste of time for an achievement that merely gives us AP points to help unlock the title. After all of this we seriously deserve more than just a title lol :-P.

Yeah I said it. >__>

Its not about elitism. Its about wanting to finish what we started & not having to waste anymore time trying to get an execution to spawn when he might not be spawnable to begin with.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Testament (the handsome fox) said it best. Yes I was happy to get some type of confirmation but sadly I assumed he spawns (normally I don't assume anything). So I went and continued trying throughout the day and night, hoping he will spawn since Im way over the amount of days it took me to get Agra-Ek & Reverend Levon James to spawn (took 5 days each... Its been weeks trying to get Eli to spawn).

However, whats the point in trying if he might not even spawn?

This is really becoming a waste of time for an achievement that merely gives us AP points to help unlock the title. After all of this we seriously deserve more than just a title lol :-P.

Yeah I said it. >__>

Its not about elitism. Its about wanting to finish what we started & not having to waste anymore time trying to get an execution to spawn when he might not be spawnable to begin with.

Thren pwned you @.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Hi all,

To conclude I would say:

-----I understand your point Spooks. Here is the thing though: Think of the "luck" of those 5 players and the other players that do not use the forums as much as them to post here. Now think of his spawn rate, lets say 0.001%. If i can correctly assume that Testament has done over 1000 runs there, Thren over 700 runs there and Judgement I cant even imagine ho wmany runs, including Deathfrost gaining over 50k kills there , with 67 mobs per map, i assume there have been at least 5000 runs at that map, with the people not using forums and the randoms playing this game.
    With at least 5000 runs the chance is around 5%.
    -----You actually beleive this rare boss is not bugged?! Let's get to reality. Even in PL the new vanities have around 0.01% drop rate and I am sure SL does too. There "luck" as you say and the |numbers| do not coincide on anything...
    Sorry to ruin you trying to farm your bosses but Sir THIS BOSS DOES N O T E X I S T.
    ----Thank you for reading this! Bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Hi all,

To conclude I would say:

-----I understand your point Spooks. Here is the thing though: Think of the "luck" of those 5 players and the other players that do not use the forums as much as them to post here. Now think of his spawn rate, lets say 0.001%. If i can correctly assume that Testament has done over 1000 runs there, Thren over 700 runs there and Judgement I cant even imagine ho wmany runs, including Deathfrost gaining over 50k kills there , with 67 mobs per map, i assume there have been at least 5000 runs at that map, with the people not using forums and the randoms playing this game.
    With at least 5000 runs the chance is around 5%.
    -----You actually beleive this rare boss is not bugged?! Let's get to reality. Even in PL the new vanities have around 0.01% drop rate and I am sure SL does too. There "luck" as you say and the |numbers| do not coincide on anything...
    Sorry to ruin you trying to farm your bosses but Sir THIS BOSS DOES N O T E X I S T.
    ----Thank you for reading this! Bye
    I've done around 100k kills and have yet to find a single vanity in SL. I don't think you can say the chances of getting a vanity are around 0.01% for SL which is (1 in 10,000). Maybe the newer ones, but I must be extremely unlucky if the old ones had that high of a chance of dropping vanities.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird