Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
I don't know tbh. I can only talk based on what I've seen on forums from devs. Basically VroomIGoFast said that they have to nerf Glint Aegis at some point, but he's been inactive for a while now, and I don't know if he ever passed his notes to the currently active devs. XD I think back then Justg was the AL guy too.

After Justg left, the current devs said that Arcane weps will all get weaker in higher levels. I don't really notice that with Ebon Aegis, but maybe it's because the way its proc works, but we will definitely be able to notice that in new expansion with Skull Axe and Skull Aegis.

The thing is, Glint Aegis is not an arcane weapon so maybe they have a point that they don't nerf it. And to be fair to everyone, Glint Aegis isn't really a big deal, but it might be in new expansion. If that's the case, then nerfing it after the expansion starts will cause even more drama in here because of a potential price hike.

However, my issue is more with proc-stacking in general, because if we get another set of Arcane items, then we will easily be able to stack 3 pairs of OP sets, and I can only guess how 'difficult' it will be to breeze through the new expansion, not even worth mentioning the maps we have now. STS says that the new expansion will have mechanics which will make the current weps not really useful, but I don't really believe they will be able to stick to that for too long, and in any case, the new 81 Arcane weps will probably work in current expansions, and that means we will be farming EVG, DM, etc. even faster.

Then finally comes the difference between new/poor players and old/rich players. If they make the new expansion easy enough for newcomers, we will be breezing through everything. If they make it too difficult, new players won't be able to farm there at all. Hard to think there is anything in the middle, considering the difference in damage output between newcomers and established players.

With all that said, I believe STS has already thought about all these, but with all due respect I seriously doubt it will work how they want it to.

If someone cares to read my suggestion again, here it is: Get rid of proc-stacks the day that new expansion starts. Would be easier for STS to design new maps and bosses, since they won't have to care about the hundreds of current combos we have, and also we may get to see some boss fight mechanics and use our brains instead of obliterating everything in a few seconds with our 'proc-stacking skills.'

Sorry for the long post. Peace.
balance staff is myth weapon too dev nerfed it 2years ago.