Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How in the world is this event supposed to attract NEW players??

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default How in the world is this event supposed to attract NEW players??

They are literally unable to participate in this event.
    They have most likely 1) not a lot of gold (do you really want them to spend 300k gold to buy the elixir from auc instead of saving for better gear) 2) not a lot of plat, and 3) not many friends ingame just yet.

I am not a new player, and its not necessarily my problem or obligation to care about this thematic (it actually is yours), I and many other players from this forum have enough gold to buy the elixirs but new players dont, and I genuinely feel bad for them.

Edit: A solution would eventually be what Encryptions suggested in his thread, or make it lucrative for rich players to buy the elixirs for 10 plat or from auc, but also make a recipe for the elixir so new players can craft them, maybe resources that drop from Kraags Tombs or wherever. Its not yet too late to change something I assume, given this lasts 2 weeks
    Last edited by Silentkill; 07-29-2021 at 02:48 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

In the past we would all pool gold and buy an elixir. Since most events are made for end game I'm guessing if you really want the swim suit 4 capped players can come up with 300k or even better wait until the second week and buy the vanity for 15k. I recently deleted all the previous swim suits I had because selling them wasn't worth the listing tax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    They are literally unable to participate in this event.
    They have most likely 1) not a lot of gold (do you really want them to spend 300k gold to buy the elixir from auc instead of saving for better gear) 2) not a lot of plat, and 3) not many friends ingame just yet.

I am not a new player, and its not necessarily my problem or obligation to care about this thematic (it actually is yours), I and many other players from this forum have enough gold to buy the elixirs but new players dont, and I genuinely feel bad for them.

Edit: A solution would eventually be what Encryptions suggested in his thread, or make it lucrative for rich players to buy the elixirs for 10 plat or from auc, but also make a recipe for the elixir so new players can craft them, maybe resources that drop from Kraags Tombs or wherever. Its not yet too late to change something I assume, given this lasts 2 weeks
    Yes, a craftable portal elixir would be fair.

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Other solution:
    they can put available the elixir for vales or red coins. Like Last year

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Yeah just do anything really tbh, or it will seriously hurt this game’s new player base which is already scarce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Idk why people always mention ‘new players’ in their thread for their own benefit. I mean it’s ok to admit you need help

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Undershooting For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    Idk why people always mention ‘new players’ in their thread for their own benefit. I mean it’s ok to admit you need help
    You know, empathy is a thing. Not everyone is self-obsessed, some people do care about the newer playerbase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    You know, empathy is a thing. Not everyone is self-obsessed, some people do care about the newer playerbase.
    So I assume you didn’t have any problem when the elixir was only available for plats and you were willing to carry on paying one after another?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    So I assume you didn’t have any problem when the elixir was only available for plats and you were willing to carry on paying one after another?
    I didn’t play the event before the update, and I didn’t play the event after the update just yet. It’s simply not my type, so I wouldn’t gain any benefits with this thread if I only created it for my own selfish reasons, as you stated.
    Also I don’t have to explain myself to you, so this is my last response. Have a splendid one bud

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

We made some significant changes to the event based on the feedback. Hope you all enjoy!

Most events (with the exception of Lev'Lar) are designed for existing players, favoring advanced players with excellent gear and/or a powerful in-game social network.

I get the sense that this thread could lose its constructive luster, so I'm closing ;-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com