Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Luck and reroll

  1. #1
    Blogger Irg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    ✡ Highway to Hell ✡ No ideaness: ★★★★★
    Posts
    2,144
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    183
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

    Default Luck and reroll

    Are they same thing? Or they work differently?
    Thanks

    ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 2m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Answer

  2. #2
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,692
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,313
    Thanked in
    684 Posts

    Default

    Same thing.

  3. #3
    Blogger Irg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    ✡ Highway to Hell ✡ No ideaness: ★★★★★
    Posts
    2,144
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    183
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

    Default

    Alright, but i heard ingame, luck will turn for example an silver chest into gold, and reroll will turn the silver chest into something else

    ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 2m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Answer

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    292
    Thanked in
    164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    Alright, but i heard ingame, luck will turn for example an silver chest into gold, and reroll will turn the silver chest into something else
    Not necessarily, it depends on the loot table and initial drop.

    When a re-roll occurs, your drop gets upgraded to:

    - [Common to Rare], [Rare to Epic], [Epic to Legendary]

    - [Legendary/Mythic/Set/Vanity/Spirit > rolls everything in the loot table], if it rolls the same rarity, then your initial drop retains. If it rolls a higher rarity, then it gets upgraded to that, and yes this includes upto Heroic/Arcane loot if the loot table avails

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Not necessarily, it depends on the loot table and initial drop.

    When a re-roll occurs, your drop gets upgraded to:

    - [Common to Rare], [Rare to Epic], [Epic to Legendary]

    - [Legendary/Mythic/Set/Vanity/Spirit > rolls everything in the loot table], if it rolls the same rarity, then your initial drop retains. If it rolls a higher rarity, then it gets upgraded to that, and yes this includes upto Heroic/Arcane loot if the loot table avails

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    So luck works up to arcane and heroic in egg zavier event too?
    I donít think so bro i think luck is capped at mythic/set max. Vanity/arcane/heroic comes in a totally different category you need to be lucky in real life to loot them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    292
    Thanked in
    164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarTik1 View Post
    So luck works up to arcane and heroic in egg zavier event too?
    I donít think so bro i think luck is capped at mythic/set max. Vanity/arcane/heroic comes in a totally different category you need to be lucky in real life to loot them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Theres no "cap" on luck. My first post explains that luck behavior is based on your initial roll.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default Luck and reroll

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Theres no "cap" on luck. My first post explains that luck behavior is based on your initial roll.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    No there actually is i read that on fourms many years ago answered by a dev that luck will not reroll if your drop category is already mythic.
    And yes you can re roll from common to up to mythic not like you getting common and will reroll to only rare you can reroll up to mythic from common.
    I could be incorrect only a dev can answer this i read that like 2-3 years ago so cant recall it correctly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    292
    Thanked in
    164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarTik1 View Post
    No there actually is i read that on fourms many years ago answered by a dev that luck will not reroll if your drop category is already mythic.
    And yes you can re roll from common to up to mythic not like you getting common and will reroll to only rare you can reroll up to mythic from common.
    I could be incorrect only a dev can answer this i read that like 2-3 years ago so cant recall it correctly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here we go



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Here we go



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Ty fo correcting me bro i read that correctly this time i think i got confused last time xd
    Cause like he replied in first answer that arcane heroic will not re roll .
    I thought they cant be re rolled after the mythic.
    Ty


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Blogger Irg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    ✡ Highway to Hell ✡ No ideaness: ★★★★★
    Posts
    2,144
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    183
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

    Default

    Alright thats informative thank you so much,
    but just for clarification one last time, luck = reroll, right?
    Name:  Screenshot_20210803_143841.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  75.2 KB
    Like this pendant will essentially be same as 23% luck?
    Last edited by Irg; 08-03-2021 at 01:39 PM.

    ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 2m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Answer

  11. #11
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    802
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    Alright thats informative thank you so much,
    but just for clarification one last time, luck = reroll, right?
    Name:  Screenshot_20210803_143841.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  75.2 KB
    Like this pendant will essentially be same as 23% luck?
    Correct.

    To be honest, the amount of players who don't believe that you can re-roll stuff into Arcanes/Heroic is actually alarming, because there are many top players who would tell others that "luck doesn't work in this event" and they believe it.

    I think maybe it's time for devs to put a sticky to explain some basic game mechanics like Gold Loot, Luck, Elite Damage, Boss Damage, etc. That way it would be easier for everyone to know what to refer to, since even when people look up for a dev posts in forums, they come across some outdated info and then it just causes more confusion.

  12. #12
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,886
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    824
    Thanked in
    392 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Correct.

    To be honest, the amount of players who don't believe that you can re-roll stuff into Arcanes/Heroic is actually alarming, because there are many top players who would tell others that "luck doesn't work in this event" and they believe it.

    I think maybe it's time for devs to put a sticky to explain some basic game mechanics like Gold Loot, Luck, Elite Damage, Boss Damage, etc. That way it would be easier for everyone to know what to refer to, since even when people look up for a dev posts in forums, they come across some outdated info and then it just causes more confusion.
    Technically speaking, there are loottables that are not affected by luck in general and those are the ones that only contain one specific item, for example the arcane ring component in festerfang or tokens that do not have different quantities. However, what most of those people try to express is that it is not worth it to use luck rather than saying it has absolutely zero effect... I believe.

  13. #13
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,503
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    802
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Technically speaking, there are loottables that are not affected by luck in general and those are the ones that only contain one specific item, for example the arcane ring component in festerfang or tokens that do not have different quantities. However, what most of those people try to express is that it is not worth it to use luck rather than saying it has absolutely zero effect... I believe.
    Well yeah, I think there's a big misunderstanding with how luck works though. Many people think that if you re-roll that means you automatically get a better item, not realizing that re-roll actually just gives you a second chance (with same odds) to get a better item.

    Oh and also I bet like 99% of AL players don't realize there are multiple loot tables for most mobs and bosses.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,223
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    136
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Well yeah, I think there's a big misunderstanding with how luck works though. Many people think that if you re-roll that means you automatically get a better item, not realizing that re-roll actually just gives you a second chance (with same odds) to get a better item.

    Oh and also I bet like 99% of AL players don't realize there are multiple loot tables for most mobs and bosses.
    Couldn't agree more lol

Similar Threads

  1. Luck Reroll
    By JerryMc in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:25 PM
  2. Luck Reroll %?
    By JerryMc in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:17 AM
  3. Luck Reroll
    By JerryMc in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM
  4. LUCK ELIXIRS-reroll-
    By Hadec in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 06:22 AM
  5. bigger luck % to reroll
    By blurryeyes in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 01:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •