Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview 8/4/2021 | Beach Blanket Burglar Continues + A New Expansion Sneak Peek!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    I’m also concerned about solo play. The need for specific procs and arcane gears leads to party snobbery and leaves a lot of players on the sidelines. Will random pt with one or two players under geared be able to plow thru?
    well i run with Randos...yip im ded
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

2. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    well i run with Randos...yip im ded
    We can die together good sir.

Love, Gawsh

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Free respec is expected since were gonna run with like 6 skills each lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Very cool boss encounter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

@Octavos, Anarchial, lol, add me and we can drown together!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Remove ankhs at phase 3

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    I want to add one more thought to my post. I think I made a thread in the Suggestion Section about Spirit Weapon Procs about year or more ago, and also a few more player's spoke about Spirit Gear/Weapons. I don't think any of them got a Dev reply back about them. So I would like to know is there any plans for For a Buff to Spirit Gear and Weapon Procs for this Expansion? And by Proc Buff I mean DOT, Proc Rate, and AOE Heal. I can see Spirit Weapons buffed being useful in Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the New Kraken Boss fight for all classes. I think a rework of these would be beneficial for the Community and worth the time to do.

Another thought? A Rework on how Spirit XP is gained. There is already a lot of XP needed for these Gear and Weapons. I think it would be more convenient for everyone if as long we have them in Inventory they still gain XP for each kill. Or another idea as long as they are switched to use during the durarion of a Mob/Boss Kill but not for the entire fight, we still get XP gained for the Kill. Atm is not worth using them for an enitre Mob or Boss fight with low Base Stats and Low Proc Damage/Rate. 🤔
    Edit: For/Duration

Last thing I wanted to add to this post was a business aspect for the Spirit Topic. The Soul Reaver Orb( Shout Out to those Legacy Of Kain PS1 Days 😂 ). For X amount of Plat in Plat Store Soul Reaver Orb gives: X amount of Normal XP %, X amount of Spirit XP %, X amount of Spirit Pet XP %, A Soul type of a Aura, and as long as The Soul Reaver Orb is in the Inventory…Spirit Gears/Weapons will gain XP for each Mob and Boss Kill without needing to be equipped in the Zones where we can Lvl up these Gears/Weapons. And this Orb will just sit in the Inventory only, like how the aspect of Undying Orb works.
    Imagine for the last 3 Years while being in your 20’s following another dude around the Internet...F Pathetic..Scll#TrannyActivity🤡🤮

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I just hope this mechanic won't favor as usual only warriors since their hp is significantly higher. I think they already been more than advantaged in this expansion so try to make each member of this "fairytale" pt important, ty

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Happy Wednesday, Legends! It's time for another preview! As you know, the Beach Blanket Burglar event continues this week, but the STS dev team is hard at work finalizing even more of the new expansion content!

For example, a new set of ARRRR-inspiring pirate weapons!

Attachment 235845

But it's not all art and vanities we're working on. The designers have been hard at work on a wicked multi-phase battle for the expansion's final boss: The
    Kraken.

While the visuals aren't finalized yet, I'm happy to share the description of it here for your enjoyment and feedback! Let us know what you think and if you'll enjoy running this encounter.
    The encounter is still in development and could change significantly before its release.

Phase 1:

Taunt mechanic:
    Standing in the Deep Sea Altar (a rune circle that appears in front of the boss) taunts the Kraken causing the current target to receive Kraken's Curse (a timed DOT). Another party member must step into the Deep Sea Altar and take the Kraken's Curse before the DOT times out... or the player with the DOT dies! So, you'll need work as a team to juggle the boss's aggro and prevent unnecessary deaths.

Fist mechanic:
    The Kraken warns of an impending attack with a rectangular warning area that covers 1/3 of the room. Exit the hit area before Kraken's crushing attack arrives or you will be killed instantly!

Kraken Crud / Personal Space mechanic:
    The Kraken will look for someone who is not nearby (we're looking at you, ranged players!). If he finds someone, he puts a visible Kraken Scourge debuff circle on them.

After a short period, the Scourge falls away from the affected player and creates Kraken Crud (a virulent poison pool) on the ground. Shortly after this poison pool appears it will damage any players in it. Players affected by the Kraken Scourge would be wise to have the Kraken Crud pools drop in places where they won't hurt the rest of the party.

If the Kraken doesn't find a suitable target at range, he'll release an attack for 'personal space'. This is a big circle attack around him that, again, will instantly kill players in the way. Get out or die.

When the boss is at 50% health, he will enter Phase 2.

Phase 2:

During this phase, the Kraken is invulnerable.

A Giant Sea Slime and a bunch of little slimes spawn. The Giant Sea Slime has extremely high defense at the start but can be debuffed to be defeated.

If a little slime is killed nearby the Giant Slime the Giant Slime will absorb the little slime to increase his damage output. If a little slime is killed far away from the Giant Slime, the Giant Slime loses durability. Kite the little slimes away from the Giant Slime before killing them to make the most of their debuffing effects.

When the Giant Slime dies, the Kraken moves on to phase 3 (even if little slimes are still alive).

Phase 3:

The Kraken resumes his powerful attack series until he reaches 10% health.

At 10% health, a 'final' debuff is placed on all players, and other mechanics stop.
    Players lose health and cannot use potions. Kill the boss before your health runs out.

----------------------

As you can see, this encounter requires teamwork, attention to mechanics and telegraphs, and some good power. As always with expansion previews, these mechanics are a work in progress and subject to change, but all the same...Let us know what you think!

As the expansion release draws closer, you'll start seeing these previews more often.
    So, feel free to continue to let us know what kind of previews you'd like to see! See you next week!
    Hi can i ask what do we even gain from killing the boss? "the kraken"
    besides from xp..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphurea View Post
    I just hope this mechanic won't favor as usual only warriors since their hp is significantly higher. I think they already been more than advantaged in this expansion so try to make each member of this "fairytale" pt important, ty

"as usual" xD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Please re-work about spirit gear (all weapon, armor and helm). Maybe add lvl61-70 can give spesial proc like pull, damage, root the mobs and health overtime to allies. 🤔
    Armor lvl61-70 can give proc health Shield that can absord 35% damage enemy into lifesteal effect 🤔 so we can reduce DOT effect from Kraken skill. 🤔

15. The Following User Says Thank You to terapan For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    "as usual" xD
    Yes as usual. An entire expansion fully been at war benefit where best gl map could be ran by wars np when other classes struggled even to do few runs. Same with dm cause you clear mobs better than rogues and with ultimate you can keep up np on bosses. Rogues have troubles to run any evg and their skills/ultimates can't be really compared. On hydra/orrick expansion all of you cried so much about not making gold as fast as rogues and few time after sts removed gold drop. But still you could run and make gold. Rogues can't really run evg without war in a profitable way. Why in this expansion sts didn't do anything? So yes i would appreciate a more balanced scenario and dynamic: or everyone is needed or rather every class has equal chance to run map solo

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Yes as usual. An entire expansion fully been at war benefit where best gl map could be ran by wars np when other classes struggled even to do few runs. Same with dm cause you clear mobs better than rogues and with ultimate you can keep up np on bosses. Rogues have troubles to run any evg and their skills/ultimates can't be really compared. On hydra/orrick expansion all of you cried so much about not making gold as fast as rogues and few time after sts removed gold drop. But still you could run and make gold. Rogues can't really run evg without war in a profitable way. Why in this expansion sts didn't do anything? So yes i would appreciate a more balanced scenario and dynamic: or everyone is needed or rather every class has equal chance to run map solo

Hey bud, not trying to start any drama here, the "as usual" was off, specially after a whole game life of warriors getting ignored to run 99%of the content upt till 71 and 76 where every class is actually useful, a rogue will run perfectly in evg as long as it knows what to do, ppl focus on warrior+mages only cuz that's what they see on lb, b4 ppl just focused on getting as many warriors as possible cuz that's what was in lb as well.
    So all 3 classes can farm gold just as easy in both dm and evg, what's more a rogue with a decent party can make gold way faster in dm rather than evg, but no need to get worked up, just made me laugh the "as usual" that's all .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    Hey bud, not trying to start any drama here, the "as usual" was off, specially after a whole game life of warriors getting ignored to run 99%of the content upt till 71 and 76 where every class is actually useful, a rogue will run perfectly in evg as long as it knows what to do, ppl focus on warrior+mages only cuz that's what they see on lb, b4 ppl just focused on getting as many warriors as possible cuz that's what was in lb as well.
    So all 3 classes can farm gold just as easy in both dm and evg, what's more a rogue with a decent party can make gold way faster in dm rather than evg, but no need to get worked up, just made me laugh the "as usual" that's all .
    I'm not starting any drama, i just expressed my opinion i didn't offend anyone nor started any flame as far as i can see. Sadly on paper if all classes work together etc etc ofc everybody gets what need. But in reality is not like that. Happens to me every time that people want 3 mages pt or stuff like this. Mage and rogue roles change every now and then, what stays is that without war you can't run evg and for me that's the issue

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

really miss old time mechanic of expansion of old map where u can play random as every class can balancely run it..but since evg...more n more map need a pt to play....good thing is all class can be pt,u can play with friend but bad thing is,if u r not op/average plyer or not many friend..then took hassle to find pt n cant play freely as u r bound with the pt..if lag..u will be kick..if one of their friend on9..u will be kick n etc...it just my 2cent opinion of how the mechanic of evg n recent event evolve compare to old style mechanic which is during festerfang expansion n bfore that..gudluck al

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to profmsb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

this game is literally dying ive seen most old players than new players lets just switch to crypto nft games, axie infinity crypto blades etc

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sneak peak again huhu.... When is the expansion?? The game is getting boring for me

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would like to see the procs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not starting any drama, i just expressed my opinion i didn't offend anyone nor started any flame as far as i can see. Sadly on paper if all classes work together etc etc ofc everybody gets what need. But in reality is not like that. Happens to me every time that people want 3 mages pt or stuff like this. Mage and rogue roles change every now and then, what stays is that without war you can't run evg and for me that's the issue

ppl dont like rogue cuz most of them they tend to die early in evg they dont know to learn the boss and spider attack pattern ask war who reach high wave why them dont die,bc they know how to dodge spider and boss while you rogue dk how to learn and keep dying.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perogol View Post
    ppl dont like rogue cuz most of them they tend to die early in evg they dont know to learn the boss and spider attack pattern ask war who reach high wave why them dont die,bc they know how to dodge spider and boss while you rogue dk how to learn and keep dying.
    No worth reply lol

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post: