Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview 8/4/2021 | Beach Blanket Burglar Continues + A New Expansion Sneak Peek!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Devs, it's been long time since rogue had good bow (last good bow was immortal corruption but nerfed for no reason, it wasn't even that strong), I hope this expansion rogues will get bow as real weapon to kill bosses (better chances to proc, more damage from attacks, chance to avoid enemy dodge in pvp). Atm duggar bow is just a trash compared to skratch gun (gun has 2-3 targets + debuffs, bow has nothing + bugged when rogue has some %haste, it almost doesn't affect speed of bow attacks) and even compared to duggar daggers, also I hope new bow(s) will be good in pvp (give it same stats as daggers except atk speed).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sanya For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

will boss damage gear or possibly elite damage work on the kraken while his buffs are active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sanya View Post
    Devs, it's been long time since rogue had good bow (last good bow was immortal corruption but nerfed for no reason, it wasn't even that strong), I hope this expansion rogues will get bow as real weapon to kill bosses (better chances to proc, more damage from attacks, chance to avoid enemy dodge in pvp). Atm duggar bow is just a trash compared to skratch gun (gun has 2-3 targets + debuffs, bow has nothing + bugged when rogue has some %haste, it almost doesn't affect speed of bow attacks) and even compared to duggar daggers, also I hope new bow(s) will be good in pvp (give it same stats as daggers except atk speed).
    Yah I hope this expansion would be rogue's Arc/Era or just balanced.

Sent from my RMX2180 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys!

While we are busy enjoying the summer themed beach burglar event and protecting those party supplies, I came out with this idea to create a NEW and HOT aura wisp suggestion.

THE FIRE EMBER AURA

I really hope that we can have this kind of aura wisp opposite to the water surfer's aura of the current event.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sanya View Post
    Yes. Please make this happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya_Pogi View Post
    Hi guys!

While we are busy enjoying the summer themed beach burglar event and protecting those party supplies, I came out with this idea to create a NEW and HOT aura wisp suggestion.

THE FIRE EMBER AURA

I really hope that we can have this kind of aura wisp opposite to the water surfer's aura of the current event.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Krampus Aura is what ya need..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't wait to see the new content.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Glad to hear kraken will be final boss for expansion

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I was imagining fighting the kraken in my head when reading that ; it was awesome !

From my nerd POV , graphics can be terrible so long as the objective is challenging and requires deep thought .

I WONT say much , because I know devs know what to do . . .

BUT , from gamers perspective , I recommend give bosses above average health points upon launching the expansion .

Perhaps add update for new event/new zone - ‘damage to enemies in this zone is determined by the amount of damage one could of dealt during a period of time , and not by how much damage the player actually dealt’ .

When delving DEEP into that mechanic it gets a little confusing for me AND it’ll most likely require tonnes of code , so it’s unlikely it will be implemented .

But, for example, one (player) may receive a 50% damage ‘hit’ upon the enemy because they just stopped attacking .

Now another player has sunken armor proc , it activates , but they do not go into range , therefore %damage of sequence is reduced .

Another player has no proc and does not use trap , or razor shield , has no procs , pretty newbie really , perhaps can exploit this mechanic though (Hits 100% easier) .

So now we are in same issue where we must reward those with good damage . Ha

But Ay , we go further into this rabbit hole . . . The reward (the actual loot drop) is determined by how hard it was for you to receive maximum damage hit sequence of 100% .

Someone else uses trap , uses razor shield bleed , uses nox bolt , sunken armor , and Duggar dagger (all the multi hit mechanics) , hits so much and is rewarded more at the end of the zone , but the enemy is no harder to kill than someone who is totally noob .

So in effect the rich get richer , but the poor can still get rich , and are not looked down upon for having trash gear .

Unfortunately that seems like a lot of work, lol

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Measuring damage dealt and rewards dealt by the amount of hits dealt, pfffttt hahahaha

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We are all excited for the new expansion.!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Happy Wednesday, Legends! It's time for another preview! As you know, the Beach Blanket Burglar event continues this week, but the STS dev team is hard at work finalizing even more of the new expansion content!

For example, a new set of ARRRR-inspiring pirate weapons!

Attachment 235845

But it's not all art and vanities we're working on. The designers have been hard at work on a wicked multi-phase battle for the expansion's final boss: The
    Kraken.

While the visuals aren't finalized yet, I'm happy to share the description of it here for your enjoyment and feedback! Let us know what you think and if you'll enjoy running this encounter.
    The encounter is still in development and could change significantly before its release.

Phase 1:

Taunt mechanic:
    Standing in the Deep Sea Altar (a rune circle that appears in front of the boss) taunts the Kraken causing the current target to receive Kraken's Curse (a timed DOT). Another party member must step into the Deep Sea Altar and take the Kraken's Curse before the DOT times out... or the player with the DOT dies! So, you'll need work as a team to juggle the boss's aggro and prevent unnecessary deaths.

Fist mechanic:
    The Kraken warns of an impending attack with a rectangular warning area that covers 1/3 of the room. Exit the hit area before Kraken's crushing attack arrives or you will be killed instantly!

Kraken Crud / Personal Space mechanic:
    The Kraken will look for someone who is not nearby (we're looking at you, ranged players!). If he finds someone, he puts a visible Kraken Scourge debuff circle on them.

After a short period, the Scourge falls away from the affected player and creates Kraken Crud (a virulent poison pool) on the ground. Shortly after this poison pool appears it will damage any players in it. Players affected by the Kraken Scourge would be wise to have the Kraken Crud pools drop in places where they won't hurt the rest of the party.

If the Kraken doesn't find a suitable target at range, he'll release an attack for 'personal space'. This is a big circle attack around him that, again, will instantly kill players in the way. Get out or die.

When the boss is at 50% health, he will enter Phase 2.

Phase 2:

During this phase, the Kraken is invulnerable.

A Giant Sea Slime and a bunch of little slimes spawn. The Giant Sea Slime has extremely high defense at the start but can be debuffed to be defeated.

If a little slime is killed nearby the Giant Slime the Giant Slime will absorb the little slime to increase his damage output. If a little slime is killed far away from the Giant Slime, the Giant Slime loses durability. Kite the little slimes away from the Giant Slime before killing them to make the most of their debuffing effects.

When the Giant Slime dies, the Kraken moves on to phase 3 (even if little slimes are still alive).

Phase 3:

The Kraken resumes his powerful attack series until he reaches 10% health.

At 10% health, a 'final' debuff is placed on all players, and other mechanics stop.
    Players lose health and cannot use potions. Kill the boss before your health runs out.

----------------------

As you can see, this encounter requires teamwork, attention to mechanics and telegraphs, and some good power. As always with expansion previews, these mechanics are a work in progress and subject to change, but all the same...Let us know what you think!

As the expansion release draws closer, you'll start seeing these previews more often.
    So, feel free to continue to let us know what kind of previews you'd like to see! See you next week!

ign- Sherlock

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ak_paradox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

really didnt enjoy this event but im not complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump bump barb in my inv I have no idea how to get it out for the free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Expansion yay )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received