Thread: Remove the reroll and make things more simple, use the drop rate system and luck stat

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default Remove the reroll and make things more simple, use the drop rate system and luck stat

Luck, as far as loots, in this game somewhat beats around the bush...instead of simply increasing the rate of drop of an item, it concretized the persona of luck and created the intermediary re-roll system. When people say you're lucky, it refers to your rate of reroll, it's a unique move but it gets really old. As a programmer I understand where they are coming from, they don't want their customers pointing their fingers at them for an item having a super low drop rate (or not consistent drop rate), instead, customers will blame an intermediary entity called the re-roll for its randomness, it's like a protective wall so people will not demand for an actual drop rate but ask the rate of re-roll. In fact, it's so zigzagy that a lot of people don't understand that concept of reroll. I think the game needs to simplify their system. Remove the annoying reroll system, and simply assign drop rates. For instance, item A has 0.1% chance to drop, item B has 1% chance to drop and so on and so forth. Include a fourth stat called LUCK that affects Crit damage,Drop Rate, and weapon proc and remove those effects from Str, Dex, and Int. More balanced PVE and PVP, more simple, most importantly, we know what we're doing, we know we need to kill an enemy 100 times to get 1 item if the drop rate is 1%.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    we know we need to kill an enemy 100 times to get 1 item if the drop rate is 1%.
    Still there is a high chance that you won't get any..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post

Yeah, the drop rates dont work like that. If there was a bag of ten marbles and only 1 was green, it would be a 10% chance of getting the green if it was completely random. On the first grab, the chance is 10%. Next grab, its still 10%, assuming you put the marble back in. The drop rates work similarly. If not, and you could farm a boss 100 times, the drop would be 100% chance by the 100th time. After the 50 rolls on the boss, the drop rate is still low, it doesnt rise as you keep farming. That would be reaching into the bag of marbles and not putting the marble back into the back.
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Actually Register he's right. Otherwise there would be no such thing as %. The law of averages has been proven to play out in the end. In other words if there is a 1% chance to get an item, then, according to the law of averages, 100 rounds should produce that item. There is no guarantee that will happen to you though because even if you, say, play 300 rounds and get nothing, someone else may have played 100 rounds and gotten 4 of that item. There was still 1 every 100 rounds but they just didn't turn in your favor.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

In most intensive MMO games I have played, they have never given the outright drop rate.
    Never.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thats one thing I like about DL. You can see exactly what item drops, and the percentage for said drop.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post

not as high as before.
    think of it this way,

You get about 7-10 (depending on the place your farming) items in a lv.
    most of the time only one of those 7-10 items (the boss one) has a chance to give you something decent
    you have about a 5ish percent chance of "getting lucky" on an item with a bigger luck vanity
    think about it... what are the odds of you getting your "lucky reroll" on the boss, the boss dropping a purple (for a reroll to pink), and the boss giving you a WORTHWHILE pink?

Now lets start over...
    Think of each "valuable" or "useful" item having a consistent drop rate.
    Now, think of a vanity that will raise the "drop rate" of these more expensive items consistently and lower the drop rate of "trash" or "useless" items consistantly, everytime you fight that boss.
    The odds of you getting a pink will still be pretty scarce; however, they will be much better then with a reroll system because the drop rate of those rare items will be increased instead of just a 5ish%"chance to reroll" which will raise a purple to a pink. Also, you still have to factor in that even if you get a reroll on a boss, if you get a green it will still only reroll to a purple... O.o
    Last edited by Appleisaac; 05-31-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    In most intensive MMO games I have played, they have never given the outright drop rate.
    Never.
    Name:  drop rate 4.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  150.3 KB

You were saying? This game came out 2002, one of the kingpins of MMO gaming. I'm pretty sure this is an intensive MMO and many games followed its blueprint (mostly Korean MMOs). I introduce to you, the nostalgic Ragnarok Online. There will be a sequel coming out soon...it will also have the same drop rate mechanic. You must have missed this one. I can find more, but I think this will be enough. Directing your attention to the boxes highlighted in red.

PS: Sorry for double posting the image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by zeusabe; 06-04-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I just proved from my post above that the transparency of drop rates has been done and still being implemented by many MMOs. Developers refuse to divulge this information for fear of being criticized on the rate, because like what's indicated in my previous post, 0.1% drop rate in an item called Wootan Shooter, OMG?! I know right? Believe me, there are items in that game that are rarer, around 0.005% drop rate. They don't like being pressured on each item's drop rate. Instead they don't divulge it altogether and simply assign "tier" items that World of Warcraft used, similar to PL, it used the Legendary, Epic, and those regular items wherein as the tier increases the rarity increases, that's about it...vague. The drop rates are there, they just covered it up for convenience. To make it more confusing, PL added the re-roll for the reasons I stated in my original post. I'm not antagonizing STS or anything. I'm just suggesting that this game go back to basics, the drop rate. Remove the re-roll, that's so beating around the bush system to an already vague tier-drop-system (legendary, epic, etc.). Players will appreciate if they know what they're doing. Include a fourth stat, LUCK in the game to increase drop rates, crits, weapon proc and remove said effects from STR, DEX, and INT...so the LUCK stat becomes crucial to a build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Never.
    Ok, another example is World of Warcraft, one of the most "intensive MMO games" has a system in it called "AtlasLoot" and another called "BunnyHunter" that show drop rate percentages.

Name:  bunnyhunter_3.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  26.9 KB

PL: Main-Bigglsworth level 66 Enchantress, Twink-Vvarpvp level 12 Dex Bear
    SL: Main-Bigglsworth level 8 Defender