Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuri's Hallows (Review)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thumbs up Nuri's Hallows (Review)

I'm deeply impressed by game-play, music, concept, foes, and bosses of Nuri's Hallows. I do really enjoyed it it was fun. I first played Nuri's Hallows at L53 with random group of strangers who eventually stayed as same group for all chapter/level and i completed all quest in one night and run.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I have to say you are lucky. It is very rare to see runs here. Mobs hit so hard that you need to have a trasher elixir to survive. Pinks drops so low that it turns people away from farming this campaign.
    I would like devs to look into this deserted campaign and do something. We will see...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

When i first ran through the levels in Nuri's i thought it was a fun change as well. Some unique environments and missions.

Sadly, the mobs do hit pretty hard so you need a full party to get far, and the drop rate is pretty much non-existent, as mentioned above. It was a ghost town too, as it was hard to find groups to work through the levels with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    I have to say you are lucky. It is very rare to see runs here. Mobs hit so hard that you need to have a trasher elixir to survive. Pinks drops so low that it turns people away from farming this campaign.
    I would like devs to look into this deserted campaign and do something. We will see...
    wow, then i'm lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Something must be done with Nuri's.. This dungeon is too different than others and the vibrant colours made me play it over and over again even if it was hard.. I grinded lvl 53-58.. Was surprised to see Fang a lot easier than Nuri though.. Lol

Also uncommon crafting materials drop rarely than Sanguine.. Really? This one should be fixed

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Back; 05-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

You don't need a thrasher to stay alive, you just need a capable team that knows how to play the game. Apart from the first level insta-kills nuri isn't that hard. Just make sure you've got plenty of health potions, and don't take on too much aggro at once.

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Nuri hallows is absolute the best campaign until now. I remember I was on 1 min after that lv cap, my friend and I were hardcore playing haha, we had like 5 pinks in 1 night! But.. No glyph. A week after i did get strongmans glyph, sold for 1m yay, but yes nice themes, bosses, graphics, enemies etc etc..
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Uh no guys, AO3 is the best camp we've yet to get a campaign on the same pedestal as AO3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Uh no guys, AO3 is the best camp we've yet to get a campaign on the same pedestal as AO3
    I disagree. Just one theme, only the bosses are cooler than nuri. No special thing except that..
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Sewers best pvp campaign.
    Shadow Caves best pve campaign (Atleast for the cap now it's not fun)
    Yes I know same cap time different CAMPAIGN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Nuri's Hallows (Review)

Yea it took a bunch of capped players and me to get to the snake charmer lol. The capped nubs all died in a few secs. Then a lvl 53 tank came along and and crushed the boss lol.

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Forum Adept ExperimentNebulaCore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xionskull:661632
    Yea it took a bunch of capped players and me to get to the snake charmer lol. The capped nubs all died in a few secs. Then a lvl 53 tank came along and and crushed the boss lol.
    LOL thats funny.
    Aznhmoobyang 66, endgame pvper Aznbboynebula 65, suicidal toon on leaderboard experimentkai 12 pvper and more toons not gonn list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Why? It's almost same as AO2. Running two dungeons almost similar to each other and that too one right after the other can be and will be boring. Only Gurgox and Overlord are coolest thing in AO3.

Snake Charmer is a better version of Gurgox and many can replace Overlord.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post
    Why? It's almost same as AO2. Running two dungeons almost similar to each other and that too one right after the other can be and will be boring. Only Gurgox and Overlord are coolest thing in AO3.

Nuff said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    You don't need a thrasher to stay alive, you just need a capable team that knows how to play the game. Apart from the first level insta-kills nuri isn't that hard. Just make sure you've got plenty of health potions, and don't take on too much aggro at once.
    Agreed - team work was important in Nuri, not so much in Fang. I really liked that about Nuri (+colours, etc)

As for first level, it's pretty simple and easy once you play with guys who get it (there are guides about it). The one-shot kill combo works off a debuff from skeleton archers, they lower armor, dodge, etc. SO two basic trics to run the first map without dying:

(i) kill the skeleton archers first, all party should aim at them as soon as you see them. they sooner they die the longer you live.
    (ii) mages needs to heal to remove debuff, if they don't, party members ends up dying. Loads of mages don't heal during game play anymore. I see this even in Fang, makes a big difference with some bosses (in particular Emma and Vlod).

If you do the above, you live, but that doesn't mean you will get pinks. That drop rate is just painful. Then again, rarity is a good thing for some people.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I really want to see those carnival games. Some npcs speak of a contest on who is smartest, strongest, or fastest, but then they say the contest is not open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post
    I really want to see those carnival games. Some npcs speak of a contest on who is smartest, strongest, or fastest, but then they say the contest is not open.
    All my P.L. Gaming I have never seen some one go in. When I was a Nub I wanted to lol. Now I'm good I still want to and it doesn't let me lol.

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imsebastiaanl View Post
    I disagree. Just one theme, only the bosses are cooler than nuri. No special thing except that..
    Nuri's theme - circus. NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Sewers best pvp campaign.
    Shadow Caves best pve campaign (Atleast for the cap now it's not fun)
    Yes I know same cap time different CAMPAIGN.
    Shadow caves came as a part of ao3, therefore is included with ao3, adding to its awesomeness. NEXT

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider023 View Post
    Nuff said.

Are you kidding me? Your only argument was the snake charmer, meanwhile he's an ao3 boss with a different strategy. Ao3 had story progression before quests were even included in game. It went from outside the pyramid, into it, and making your way through every boss until you reach the super hard overlord. Not hard you say? You must be newer and didn't experience it before the boss nerf. Yes, they were that hard that they required a nerf, even harder than nuri's bosses. The keeper used to take us over 20 minutes to defeat. Don't even get me started on the OL.

Ao3 was the first campaign to get players to use their brains instead of just hacking and slashing, mashing potions until the boss is dead. We had to figure out strategies and skill to bring the bosses down. What did they do when we ran out of incentive? Cyber quests,giving us a second set in a single campaign. After that? They gave us the SHADOW CAVES.

The SC itself was a rare spawn, which of course, was removed too and made into a seperate campaign. If you were lucky enough to spawn the gate to the caves, you were faced with super hard bosses and mobs. no one knew this until months later, but the SC also housed the then rarest item in the game, vyxnaars helmet of hate. This camp gave us a whole new set of items, bringing the total to three sets in a single campaign.

Ao3 also included two free pvp maps. There's NO other campaign as packed as AO3. 2 pvp maps, a campaign within a campaign (inception!), and three sets of items. Nuri's? Sure it's colorful, if you're into that. Sure it's hard, but ao3 was harder at first. Boss strategies? The only ones that compared were the snake charmers and nuri's strats, not even trumping ao3. Item sets? Only 2; older models with different color palletes.

NEXT

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    You don't need a thrasher to stay alive, you just need a capable team that knows how to play the game.
    Unfortunately there is no capable team to get through it in one piece unless they are 65-66 (mainly due to the fact they can deal some awesome damage output). Since we are lacking of good players in that range, since they are skipping it, only a good trasher elixir, or a good burst of luck if you find any high levels here, can help you finish the campaign.
    Unlocking the maps and finishing the quest is such a pain here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Nuri's theme - circus. NEXT

Shadow caves came as a part of ao3, therefore is included with ao3, adding to its awesomeness. NEXT

Are you kidding me? Your only argument was the snake charmer, meanwhile he's an ao3 boss with a different strategy. Ao3 had story progression before quests were even included in game. It went from outside the pyramid, into it, and making your way through every boss until you reach the super hard overlord. Not hard you say? You must be newer and didn't experience it before the boss nerf. Yes, they were that hard that they required a nerf, even harder than nuri's bosses. The keeper used to take us over 20 minutes to defeat. Don't even get me started on the OL.

Ao3 was the first campaign to get players to use their brains instead of just hacking and slashing, mashing potions until the boss is dead. We had to figure out strategies and skill to bring the bosses down. What did they do when we ran out of incentive? Cyber quests,giving us a second set in a single campaign. After that? They gave us the SHADOW CAVES.

The SC itself was a rare spawn, which of course, was removed too and made into a seperate campaign. If you were lucky enough to spawn the gate to the caves, you were faced with super hard bosses and mobs. no one knew this until months later, but the SC also housed the then rarest item in the game, vyxnaars helmet of hate. This camp gave us a whole new set of items, bringing the total to three sets in a single campaign.

Ao3 also included two free pvp maps. There's NO other campaign as packed as AO3. 2 pvp maps, a campaign within a campaign (inception!), and three sets of items. Nuri's? Sure it's colorful, if you're into that. Sure it's hard, but ao3 was harder at first. Boss strategies? The only ones that compared were the snake charmers and nuri's strats, not even trumping ao3. Item sets? Only 2; older models with different color palletes.

NEXT
    You forgot, the mobs needed to be nerfed aswell, one mob could almost 2hko a bird, and it was just auto attack no mob combo.
    When there is too much

Don't forget