Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ambassadors of Alterra Program News!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ill try to apply once its open again and help the ppl that speak spanish since there is a languange barrier there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I remember just before joining AoA that I had posted something about wanting to make more friends and through AoA I met so many nice and helpful people that making friends with them was easy. I wasn't there for the very, very beginning but I think AoA will always have a lot going for it whatever may come and I'm happy to see it off. It's not the end but a new beginning!
    Last edited by Roc; 05-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

You don't have to be an AoA to help. If I was helping every second while playing, I wouldn't want to be an AoA because I would stand out. I would help on a level 1.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

There are like 5 or so AOAs i can name off rip that really deserve being a AOA and i always see them in game just doin a amazing job.

Some of the others i usually see on there regular alts. Not so much on their l10s. Does not mean there not helping and stuff.

But some i just.never see online ever.

Idk how they choose new AOAs but it seems that most are well known on forums who are chosen. Do AOAs pick new AOAs or do devs/mods pick them? If its AOAs picking them i can understand why most are chosen then. Because i know many non- forumers who are very known ingame imo and are excelle.t canidates. But i feel like they wouldnt get chosen cause they are not a forumer.

So yes if you guys decide a new way of choosing members that would be awesome for the many players who do not use forums.

Well then i just realized that the non-forumers are not chosen cause they wouldnt know about the application process. Maybe you guys should post a text where you post the patches in the log in screen ingame.

Lookinh forward to seeing what youguys decide !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    There are like 5 or so AOAs i can name off rip that really deserve being a AOA and i always see them in game just doin a amazing job.

Some of the others i usually see on there regular alts. Not so much on their l10s. Does not mean there not helping and stuff.

But some i just.never see online ever.

Idk how they choose new AOAs but it seems that most are well known on forums who are chosen. Do AOAs pick new AOAs or do devs/mods pick them? If its AOAs picking them i can understand why most are chosen then. Because i know many non- forumers who are very known ingame imo and are excelle.t canidates. But i feel like they wouldnt get chosen cause they are not a forumer.

So yes if you guys decide a new way of choosing members that would be awesome for the many players who do not use forums.

Well then i just realized that the non-forumers are not chosen cause they wouldnt know about the application process. Maybe you guys should post a text where you post the patches in the log in screen ingame.

Lookinh forward to seeing what youguys decide !
    Hope I Was One Of The 5 Jk
    Last edited by Kiwihawk; 05-28-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    You don't have to be an AoA to help. If I was helping every second while playing, I wouldn't want to be an AoA because I would stand out. I would help on a level 1.
    [This isn't just directed to Swim but to anyone with reservations about AoA because of the feeling that it is unnecessary]

I've read this (not needing to be in AoA to help) a lot, both now as AoA closes for a bit and in the past as the program has come under scrutiny. Although I told myself I wasn't going to say anything, I guess I'm not very convincing to myself XD but perhaps what I say next will be. This is just how I feel having been involved for a while. Not since the very beginning, but for a while.

I cannot say absolutely that this is true, but I am fairly certain that the original AoA were chosen because they had proven they were helping or they nominated someone else who they believed were helpful. A tight knit group, I am sure of it, is what they were. AoA, to me, is kind of like an in-game family just like any other guild. I am grateful I was able to experience that kind of positive camaraderie as it was my first ever experience with a guild of any kind. Being in a group so fun, so willing to help new (and even old!) players become better is an excellent in-game experience.

Yes, there are other helping guilds and yes, you do not have to be in AoA to help. I wasn't in any guild before hand and I was indeed helping in-game before I joined AoA but I can say this for certain: my time helping as AoA has been the most enjoyable experience of my time playing Pocket Legends. If anyone wants to tell me that it's wrong to want to be a part of that, please do. I'm always willing to listen and give my feedback

Does AoA help new players? Yes, yes it most certainly does. I am only one person, but the number of people I have helped understand their stats, understand how to use their skills, worked with to learn combos, even helped go through the cs to purchase their first piece of gear, is well over any number that would stick in my brain (not 9,000, not 13, not 21, not pi lol). AoA is worthwhile. Standing out with a title and funky gear are both worthwhile. AoA are there to provide trustworthy knowledge and if they don't know the answer they have a guild of helpful people to pull on.

Perhaps the argument against me now is, "You should only want to join because you want to help people! Not for a friendly guild." A valid point, and my only response to that is that is why there are applications. That is why I read tons of apps nearly every day. To find those helpful people, to go in game and talk with them, it takes work. Having a guild of helpful people who are assertive enough to do those things on their own, why wouldn't that work ethic alone attract people to join? Join just for the guild environment? I think someone like that would also naturally be a helpful person. (Maybe it's naive to think that...I'll think on that later XD)

Maybe other people won't agree with me about how I see the Ambassadors of Alterra program, but this is all born from my experience. I don't regret a minute of it and I hope that when AoA opens up again that the community won't regret AoA either

Sorry for all the text! My eyes are like O.O right now XD
    Last edited by Roc; 05-29-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Let me just say that I have loved my time as an ambassador. It has been the best experience of my PL career. If I don't get re-elected, I will always be in game helping new players.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    Let me just say that I have loved my time as an ambassador. It has been the best experience of my PL career. If I don't get re-elected, I will always be in game helping new players.
    Same Here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I dont know why everyone is so desperate to becoming an AOA. You don't have to join AOA to be a really good helper in the game, also i agree with Matutd, this has become a popularity contest. Also most of the AOA's will probably not be re-selected because Airrie wants to give people that haven't been picked yet a chance to be in the program.
    Last edited by Coke; 05-29-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Coke
    STS Forum Guide: Pocket Legends bosses!

Thanks for the Sig Patsoe!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Coke For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

i bet since theres a new start that the first AOAs will keep there unique party hats
    i still think some of the original AOAs should stay AOAs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

To be honest, when the program is disbanded for the short while and were all on our own, I won't be another helper person. If I don't get rechosen, I'm not gonna join like "helparsRus" or some thing. To be honest (yes, I used it twice), I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing this whole time, ever since before becoming an AoA.

The Ambassador program isn't about helping new players, it's about providing an extremely friendly and welcoming experience to new and seasoned players alike, which encompasses many things (answering questions, giving advice, making friends, having community events, etc.). The community as a whole has made the Ambassador programs into something it's not; it was never intended to be a mobile, live Q&A character, but for some reason that's what some people have come to disrespect and loathe. This is why the program needs a fresh new start, a clean slate from the community and itself, if you will, to become the program it always wanted and was designed to be, not some hate filled or ignorance driven question bot.

Back to my first paragraph, I said I wouldn't be putting my self out there as yet another 'helper,' it's not what I'm about, nor what I've ever seemed to accomplish with my time in game. I've been enjoying the game all along, before AoA came about and even on my AoA character, and I've been trying to get others to feel that same feel-good vibe that I've been feeding off of for the past almost two years. I guess I must've been doing something right by doing that if if I was selected to be an AoA, but I wasn't helping to get something out of it, which people don't seem to do so much nowadays, which also leads to criticism about the program.

At any rate, I bid my fellow AoA adieu and wish that you don't lose sight of the goal.

A hui hou,
    -PK

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Remodel or Makeover?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

gl everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Meh this is close to sounding like a lock.
    Maybe it would've been better to just make a sticky locked thread.

Anyways, just to clarify a few points:

-AoA is closing down. To give EVERYONE a fair chance.
    The first AoA didn't have to even get a fair chance when joining.

@Nick: I was also here since the very beginning.
    In fact it was the Siejo and I who started first thinking about making the very guild all of the AoA are in right now.
    Except I beat him to it.
    ;D
    I see this as the perfect idea of how to restart AoA and fix what's been going on.
    Note how Airrie said IF you were doing good.
    Could've been maybe some members weren't fit for all the meet and greet stuff and were more of the quiet kind/did not enjoy the AoA's duty.

-The first AoA recruits DID NOT have to apply.
    We were chosen directly by the STS team and had our names listed in a thread.
    We were sent PMs and everything.
    We had a lot of freedom.
    We picked the AoA hat that everyone in PL has pretty much waved to and seen.
    We were the ones, who along with Pandar, decided to do first, nominations by current AoA members, and then self-nominations for the whole community.
    We had about a month to decide for all of this and then in came all the excited new members, the parties, all the demand.
    You guys have more time with Airrie now.
    My advice: Keep it at a slow pace. Don't go crazy and overwhelm yourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I, for one, think this is a good change
    It's already a different AoA since the moderator changed from the original
    I think it will be beneficial for Airrie to start it with desired design plan and all

Idk if I will re-apply, but the revamp is very encouraging to me, that mistakes were noted and are being fixed
    Either way you don't need to be an AoA to help people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

If the old method was somehow flawed, I believe they SHOULD do everything to fix it, if it's a coverup to get rid of the bad seeds who masqueraded as an AoA just for the title, then that's also understandable. All-in-all, don't hate on this, it's a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see the improvements!
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    Is that not what they are doing with aoa? Lol
    Ive been in aoa since the very start. Myself and a a chosen few other built aoa from the ground up. We made aoa what it is today. Getting this news is like a kick in the nuts. No joke.
    Try being part of the game since the very first week PL came out. I've helped out this community just as much as you have Nick, you shouldn't be upset. You know you're a true helper right? I'm pretty sure that's all that matters. I won't be applying for AoA, I think it's been changed into something that hasn't been for the best, just in my opinion. I feel like it's one of those things - Don't fix something if it's not broken. I loved having the GoA's back then leading our community. I always looked up to those guys; Apollo, Redryder, etc. You can't ask for better leaders. Times go on, things change.

Not raging, just my thoughts. Although, good luck with the new system. I'm sure it'll turn out okay.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

In the new system, will players still be picking AoA's?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airrie:660191
    1. This has absolutely nothing to do with GoA's guys.
    2. This has absolutely no affect on AoB and AoC programs
    3. LwMark's comment is a testament to the excellent work of AoA's. We are just a bunch of really cool players, just like you guys. We're just working through a process here that will benefit the community even greater in the long run.
    Oh ok

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    Is that not what they are doing with aoa? Lol
    Ive been in aoa since the very start. Myself and a a chosen few other built aoa from the ground up. We made aoa what it is today. Getting this news is like a kick in the nuts. No joke.
    Your going to get picked again :P. IMO that much is obvious.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/