Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Question] New Sci-Fi Vanity Items...[Help us out STS]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Question [Question] New Sci-Fi Vanity Items...[Help us out STS]

Are they here to stay, or will they be removed soon? I thought they were [Memorial Day Weekend] event items only.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MYNISTA View Post
    Are they here to stay, or will they be removed soon? I thought they were [Memorial Day Weekend] event items only.
    We will be removing the Memorial Day vanity items from the store in a week or so. The Memorial Day vanity items that are loot drops will not be removed though.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gibber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ok, thx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Tell ya what...there's going to be a lot of upset players when they find this out. Mostly everyone thought that these items were temporary drops. We invested a lot of credits into them with this mindset. I hope that you all would still think about removing em. Based on previous items/events like Rabbit ears, some of us played with a merchants mind.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MYNISTA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default [Question] New Sci-Fi Vanity Items...[Help us out STS]

Oh ok. I'm not going to complain about keeping the vanity items. They are a great addition to the game. But for future updates can you please be a bit clearer about what is part of the event and what is a permeant addition to the game? I think most of us assumed that these items would only be dropping for the weekend and budgeted our time and plat accordingly. Thanks!
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Staryknight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Now ill sell my soon because verybody will have one soon :/
    Soon they will be worthless..

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I'm torn in my response, agreeing with all of the above that this was approached with a merchant's mind.

----

On a slightly unrelated note, could we have a second sci-fi vanity release to compensate for the lack of Doctor Who, Star Wars, and pants?

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PianoWizzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Please Consider Removing these items, I agree with the rest. I gave up my memorial day weekend with my family. I spent sooooo many credits on these now common items. Please do something!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Supernovaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

:: Signs Petition ::

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Tell ya what...there's going to be a lot of upset players when they find this out. Mostly everyone thought that these items were temporary drops. We invested a lot of credits into them with this mindset. I hope that you all would still think about removing em. Based on previous items/events like Rabbit ears, some of us played with a merchants mind.
    Very valid point, but the benefit would have to be to the masses...not a select few. Just like many things in the game...nothing is rock solid.
    I thought you knew that they weren't going away? I knew since day one of this event.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I am shocked that there are people so greedy that they would actually ASK for a drop to be removed from the game to make them richer. But I should have expected it. Just... looking down that list of people who are asking it, though, is very upsetting. Well, well, well... for shame! people! For shame!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I feel ya Ghost, I just didn't know. Snakespeare....It's Not about being greedy, It's that we played a certain way because we thought the game was going a different way. We just had a different expectation is all. If the items are not removed, then that's kool too. The items are great, we just need a bit more clarity next time. You would be surprised at how many people thought the same thing. Some of us made what turns out now to be bad decisions, that were "Good decisions" at the time, based on that we thought the items were temporary.
    Last edited by MYNISTA; 05-29-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I am shocked that there are people so greedy that they would actually ASK for a drop to be removed from the game to make them richer. But I should have expected it. Just... looking down that list of people who are asking it, though, is very upsetting. Well, well, well... for shame! people! For shame!!!
    I know what you're saying too, Snakes, which is why I said I was torn in my response -- I feel both ways.

Although frankly if I did know that the vanities wouldn't stop dropping I wouldn't have gone insane and bipolar [like, serious fits of rage, hate, and depression] for three days over the Star Trek vanities. Sheesh. Give us some warning please.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

You would be surprised at how many people thought the same thing.
    That happens many times...things that usually go away are the store items. But adding new and more frequent drops of vanity helps all players
    Now that ya know...sell your stuff you can get it cheaper later.

Quote Originally Posted by PianoWizzy View Post
    I know what you're saying too, Snakes, which is why I said I was torn in my response -- I feel both ways. Sheesh. Give us some warning please.
    I guess I Lurk the forums to much that I would expect everyone to know lol...but the ones that I wish that I could still get are the rabbit ears...never got one -_-
    guess the vanities are so generic, that it dont fit a specific holiday...thats why they wont disappear.
    Last edited by octavos; 05-29-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just have to say that the way it was advertised it made it seem it was for the weekend only. I know it wasn't on purpose, but that failure to be clear about it caused people to spend a lot of money and time they otherwise wouldn't have. It has nothing to do with greed. Many many others thought the same thing and are shocked. It was definitely a fun addition, just needs to be clearer next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    That happens many times...things that usually go away are the store items. But adding new and more frequent drops of vanity helps all players
    Now that ya know...sell your stuff you can get it cheaper later.
    Yeah, like I said, I understand where you're coming from. This is just something that STS needs to be clear about next time. Just a misunderstanding. Rabbit Ears had plat items, and dropped items. Both were removed. So most people had the same expectation for this "Event/Holiday." It's all cool. Personally, I own every single new vanity item, had fun collecting em, and I look forward to selling some!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I'm not asking that the drops be removed. All I'm saying is that in the future it needs to be clearer which vanities are event only and which are here to stay. I'm not at all mad that new players will have a shot at these drops. I think that's great. I just wish I had known to sell and I never would have bought so many miner's if I had known the pets were permanent. All that I asking for is some better communication. I don't think anyone would be asking for these drops to be removed if they had known they were permanent from day one.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staryknight View Post
    I'm not asking that the drops be removed. All I'm saying is that in the future it needs to be clearer which vanities are event only and which are here to stay. I'm not at all mad that new players will have a shot at these drops. I think that's great. I just wish I had known to sell and I never would have bought so many miner's if I had known the pets were permanent. All that I asking for is some better communication. I don't think anyone would be asking for these drops to be removed if they had known they were permanent from day one.
    Exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

SHAKES...I'm not trying to cause trouble, just posting my thoughts, seems many others feel the same way - based on other "events" this is how the game has worked in the past, I think we're all just a little frustrated for spending extra time and money for something that has been precedence before. I love this game and am excited for where it will go in the future. Just being honest, not trying to make anyone mad. With anything that I devote my time to I expect some kind of reward for all my hard work, and this weekend defiantly was hard work. So with that comes frustration, and to be called greedy on top of that is a little much. I invested so much into this weekend as did many others, if you wanna call me greedy for being frustrated over a lot of work for minimal reward then I don't know what to say. Just that I'm not greedy, but frustrated, there is a difference... I hope everyone understands that.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Supernovaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Atleast I'm one of the few who stalks forums and knows that these items were here to stay and I didn't rush for them I should have said this in town
    When there is too much

Don't forget