Thread: Free plat problems..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Free plat problems..

It seems that I'm not getting the free plat off the apps i downloaded. I did check the status and it said that it was 'verified' yet my plat stayed as it was. who should I talk to about this?

Cheers, mate!

'I've seen a baby cry, seconds later she laughs. The beauty of life.. The pain never lasts.' - J. Cole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Same thing happened to me yesterday...it eventually showed up !! maybe give it just a little time,k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Hello Vidarr the free plat offer problems are a Tapjoy issue or whoever is supplying the free plat and not a STS issue. If you are having problems please contact Tapjoy or whoever is supplying it to get the issue resolved.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

the free plat in dl has only worked for one app for me -.-
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minamoo View Post
    Same thing happened to me yesterday...it eventually showed up !! maybe give it just a little time,k
    yeah? awesome. I'm being a bit impatient i reckon. It's been days though :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    Hello Vidarr the free plat offer problems are a Tapjoy issue or whoever is supplying the free plat and not a STS issue. If you are having problems please contact Tapjoy or whoever is supplying it to get the issue resolved.

I'm not saying it was an STS issue. I was asking who to talk to about it. Thank you for clearing this out for me!

Cheers, mate!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I have had issues with both TapJoy (Featured offers button) and W3i (New Offers button) and they both have options to report any problems, it's located at the bottom of their respective page. With Tapjoy scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Missing Platinum?" With W3i, tap the ? (question mark box) at the bottom right and click Continue on the following pop up screen.

Now unfortunately what has been said here is true, STS doesn't deal with any issues that TJ or W3i may cause you. I have tried to contact each company when I have had a large issue such as multiple offers failing or a large plat offer issue. They seem like they're willing to help but I just got form letters from both companies.

W3i:

Thank you for contacting support,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I have manually verified your apps. Free apps have to be opened within 7 days of download otherwise they expire. In order to verify you must:
    1. Complete the download for the app
    2. Open the app that you downloaded
    3. Close the app and open your game again
    Your currency should be awarded upon launch

Please let us know how we can further assist you.

Sincerely,
    Jake M.
    Customer Support
    W3i Mobile Solution Support
    TapJoy:

Hello [insert name here],

I'm sorry to inform you that the advertiser who owns the [insert offer here] offer has refused to validate the eligibility of your transaction. Unfortunately, because we do not own the offer, we are unable to countermand their decision and, therefore, we cannot credit your account. This is usually caused by one of the following problems:

- User-side interrupt: Our system relies on a lot of data passing between various companies. Any interrupt, such as clicking away from the presented path, ending a registration session then returning to the site to finish up, taking too long to complete the offer, or a spotty WiFi connection can cause the award to fall through.
    - Returning Customer: Most subscription services restrict their awards to new customers only and further limit their eligibility to only one subscription per household.
    - Billing Issue: If there is a problem with your billing information, the transaction may be placed "on hold" by the advertised product's systems. This can often cause the award to fall through.

To prevent this problem from occurring in the future, please complete all offers in as timely a manner as possible, refrain from clicking away from the presented pathway at any time, and ensure that you have a strong connection to your device’s data channel or Wifi network. These steps will help ensure that our data flow does not get interrupted and will help ensure that you get your credits.

Thank you very much for choosing to be a Tapjoy customer and I’m very sorry for this disappointing result.

Best,

Jenny

Tapjoy Support Team
    Email: mobilehelp@tapjoy.com
    As you can see they really don't help in the end, but I wish you the best of luck with your issue.

I can personally say that I think W3i isn't really worth the hassle, I tracked all the apps by name that I downloaded and the ending results were pretty staggering. I had 147 plat that were left pending (and eventually expired), 131 plat that listed verified but never paid out. I only received 85 plat total from all the apps/videos/offers I tried to complete via that service.

I can say that TapJoy was substantially better, but still had a few fails along the way. With TJ anytime it's a free trial period that has a large payout attached is when I've had issues. Eventually I get the form letter and suggestion that I failed to comply with the regs because I took too long, or caused some sort of interruption in data.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-30-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Having this issue now too. This is some serious BS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

You have to wait it usually comes within an hour. But for some reason the big free ones that give around 10 plat + always seem to work.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

It's been 12 hrs. Under 10 plat giving offers, no plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I have had issues with both TapJoy (Featured offers button) and W3i (New Offers button) and they both have options to report any problems, it's located at the bottom of their respective page. With Tapjoy scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Missing Platinum?" With W3i, tap the ? (question mark box) at the bottom right and click Continue on the following pop up screen.

Now unfortunately what has been said here is true, STS doesn't deal with any issues that TJ or W3i may cause you. I have tried to contact each company when I have had a large issue such as multiple offers failing or a large plat offer issue. They seem like they're willing to help but I just got form letters from both companies.

W3i:

TapJoy:

As you can see they really don't help in the end, but I wish you the best of luck with your issue.

I can personally say that I think W3i isn't really worth the hassle, I tracked all the apps by name that I downloaded and the ending results were pretty staggering. I had 147 plat that were left pending (and eventually expired), 131 plat that listed verified but never paid out. I only received 85 plat total from all the apps/videos/offers I tried to complete via that service.

I can say that TapJoy was substantially better, but still had a few fails along the way. With TJ anytime it's a free trial period that has a large payout attached is when I've had issues. Eventually I get the form letter and suggestion that I failed to comply with the regs because I took too long, or caused some sort of interruption in data.

Absolutely amazed by how much time you put in just to share these info/experience that you have. You're a legend mate!

Yeah I've tried emailing TJ as well, they said they were goin to look into it but until now, zip.

Let's all hope this gets fixed really soon. It's a bit frustrating though. : /

Cheers, mate!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    You have to wait it usually comes within an hour. But for some reason the big free ones that give around 10 plat + always seem to work.
    You sir speak the truth. It's the small amounts that I'm having trouble with (seems stupid but hey, I want me some free plats! every small amount counts for something)

Cheers, mate!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Still didn't get my plat -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For me its been 5 days!

Iteachyou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Same. In the email they're asking me for the apps that didn't work. How am I supposed to know if the offer disappears after?
    They're not helpful at all. If you didn't receive your plat, don't count on it.