Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What keeps a game interesting for you guys?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation What keeps a game interesting for you guys?

As the title says, i think what makes a game retain my attention is the difficulty of the journey.

For a hard map with tough bosses that require strategy or your team dies keeping you on your toes.

I think it'll be nice to do more than just run the same type of maps and mash buttons, like why cannot the mobs/bosses catch up with the players gears?

Surely we need a balance, make the enemies on par to the player. Give us a challenge?

A great example of what i'm talking about is elite valley gates. It makes all classes helpful once again, it's perfect. One of the few modern maps that actually achieve the roles of all classes. Such as the warrior taking care of the spiders, the giant mech molerat and all the mobs too.
    As the DPS assist you far into the waves. We need more maps like it.

However, the only downsides are the map and the loot..... make a map bigger than a single cubic room and add loot worth grinding for please.

This is all just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

What about you guys?
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-07-2021 at 08:34 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Aren’t you the same person who logs in AL, trash talks people and speaks about how bad the game is? Hypocrite, but to answer your question. New Vanities keep the game somewhat interesting to me, especially new aura wisps. As for fun aspect of the game, I haven't had fun since 2016. The Honor FFA we had last year was great but other than that, the game is somewhat boring.

Based off my 8 year experience playing this game.

2014-
    Graphics: 9/10
    Storyline: 9/10
    Game mechanics: 9/10
    Overall gameplay: 8/10
    Community: 7.5/10
    Devs: 9.5/10
    Updates:8/10

2021-
    Graphics: 7.5/10
    Storyline: 5/10
    Overall gameplay: Firm 5.9/10
    Community: 6/10
    Devs: 6.2/10
    Updates: 5/10

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Aren’t you the same person who logs in AL, trash talks people and speaks about how bad the game is? Hypocrite, but to answer your question. New Vanities keep the game somewhat interesting to me, especially new aura wisps. As for fun aspect of the game, I haven't had fun since 2016. The Honor FFA we had last year was great but other than that, the game is somewhat boring.

Based off my 8 year experience playing this game.

2014-
    Graphics: 9/10
    Storyline: 9/10
    Overall gameplay: 8/10
    Community: 7.5/10
    Devs: 9.5/10
    Updates:8/10

2021-
    Graphics: 7.5/10
    Storyline: 5/10
    Overall gameplay: Firm 5.9/10
    Devs: 6.2/10
    Updates: 5/10
    Yo....What's with the unnecessary salt? Just give some constructive feedback. Literally my post has not an ounce of ranting. Please Keep it civil and not ruin it for everyone else :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    2021-

insert text
    1/10.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Orrick is waving at you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    insert text
    1/10.
    So your “constructive” input to the forums is that we “All” have been as bad as possible, >.<
    K ty, bye
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Yo....What's with the unnecessary salt? Just give some constructive feedback. Literally my post has not an ounce of ranting. Please Keep it civil and not ruin it for everyone else :/
    Things to do ingame:

Seasonal Lb
    Regular Lb
    Timed runs
    Farming Pve kills
    Farming gold
    Stand around towns/Merching/talking with friends.
    Events

That basically sums up what you can do ingame, if none of that interests you, then you most likely lost interest in the game. Anyone has anything else to add to the list, feel free to do so. Also, I stand corrected, thank you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    So your “constructive” input to the forums is that we “All” have been as bad as possible, >.<
    K ty, bye

Community is bad. Maybe not 1/10 terrible but nowhere near good not even average. More of 2.5-4/10 at best atm.

I’m pretty sure Encryptions based his results off his fandom off YouTube, with the great comments he receives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Community is bad. Maybe not 1/10 terrible but nowhere near good not even average. More of 2.5-4/10 at best atm.
    Let’s leave %, I’m saying your response is maybe a unnecessary prejudice that doesn’t benefit anyone & without constructive input.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    I’m pretty sure Encryptions based his results off his fandom off YouTube, with the great comments he receives.
    Basing results in the echo chamber of social meadia is irrelevant, otherwise we would have to also take in his not so great comments
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Let’s leave %, I’m saying your response is maybe a unnecessary prejudice that doesn’t benefit anyone without constructive input.

Basing results in the echo chamber of social meadia is irrelevant, otherwise we would have to also take in his not so great comments
    It’s not about statistics(percentage), it’s just my overall rating of experience with said community. I rate it 2-4/10. I never said this was the Official AL Community rating, this is just my own opinion of the community and nothing more.

You’re right, I may not know anyone here in the real world but based off comments people leave on here. I’d rather befriend a bag of rocks than many on here, only a chosen few are friends on mine*you know who you are*.

On a side note, I could also say that your response is an unnecessary opinion without any constructive input which benefits no one...

The Encryptions part of my post was a joke... incase you didn’t understand, encryptions gets a lot of negative comments from his videos and sometimes has threads devoted to him(not in a good way) with many posts speaking of him in an un-moral manner. Which would also explain his rating of 1/10 which then OP agreed upon.

Also if you think this community is a heavenly holy land 10/10, then that is your opinion. Of course anyone has the right to be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Oh to OP, I just stand in towns with shiny items and that’s fun to me, till they open up FFA again, I’ll be here in exp camp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I feel like having new stuff. This game is cool and all but it’s always literally the same thing. Same events with the same bosses and scene. Only new things are like Vanitys and eggs which are nice but like I said, majority events are all the same exact thing. But expansion is coming up so that’s something new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

all that keeps me going and interested in this game is gold farming and some cool events like eggxavier,vardan valley @@ and awakening extravanganza
    and i have some really good friends in al tbh most ppl i meet or have met in al were super nice to me especially some of the top players.
    there were only few rude ones but idc abt them i only focus on ppl who were really kind to me.
    i have reached a point were this game is almost a part of my daily life where it almosts feels real.
    i have nothing against the community or against devs coz i kinda understand tht making a game and managing something like al is very very hard so i gotta give them props.
    but yea all i care abt is gold farming
    i gotta make ends meet heheheheh
    so this is my feedback

ty
    IGN:GOLDSHRIMP/SHADOWCHROMEX
    Last edited by Gamegrog; 05-08-2021 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I've resided in Arlor for too long now. Nothing interests me anymore, I'm waiting for the expansion before I make the big decision.
    I despise evg, hiding behind walls and not daring to let your character "die" because you don't want your team to be upset is just so time wasting.
    I dislike wisps, auras etc.
    I only wanted sts to make one vanity..one vanity.. that's all I ever asked for and as usual, nobody listens to me!
    Everyone knows what I wanted but nooooo. Let's have more auras and moustaches and beards for mages, let's just say mages are genderless but make them look like old men.
    I've gone past caring now, nothing really interests me at the moment. I've not even reached silver tier in this event.
    Like I said.. I'll wait for the expansion before I decide....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

the reason why I still play today is the hope that there will be something new with this expansion, since the game has already become monotonous after 4 years of the same thing.

Enviado de meu SM-J260M usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

The reason I still play is so I could see people go at it with Encryptions. This is my reality TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

How I hate drama, salt, keyboard warriors. That's another thing that's tipping the scales for and against staying around for me.
    People should find better things to do than keep on at one particular person. It's so predictable and predictable equals boring.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

For me it’s good maps with Hard-Elite difficulty that has replay value. The strategy process that comes with figuring out these new maps. So really looking forward to 81 Expansion.

Small group of friends I play with and talk to in game.

Gear/Pets/Off-Meta Tank Builds.

This last one now…this one caught me off guard lol. Back when me and a friend were Officer’s in a Guild, we had a long talk about being a Plat Buyer v.s Gold Farmer and using a Gold Loot Set. I am a Plat Buyer and she is a Gold Farmer, was curiosity on both sides and was a great conversation. 11+ Months later I decided to take her up on her offer and for the first time ever bought and made a 500% GL Set for fun (Ava Set, Arti, Skull Dozer Axe). I guess also was very curious on what it would be like to play as regular player with the mindset I spend little to no Plat( No Shade there is absolutely nothing wrong with this). Gold farming has giving me something to do while I wait patiently for what I hope will be an amazing Expansion…A little over 2+ weeks I’m running maps again more and having fun. 😁
    Last edited by Fearrr; 05-08-2021 at 06:54 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    It's all fun and games, everyone vs one person, until you start seeing your name on mails you've never sent.

I will keep posting about this until STS does something about it, or Encryptions admits it that he is a big liar.
    How does he affect your everyday life? Have you forgotten this is only an entertainment application or in simpler terms so you can understand, a so called game... you gain nothing from this, all you do is feed off of drama and thrive on negativity. Go outside sometime, take a breath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I put a stop to negative in-game pm.
    I used the refuse tells except from friends, guild members and parties option.
    Bad messages can be hurtful and distracting and I have sympathy for anyone who receives them. Thank goodness the devs made the option to opt out of messages from randoms.
    Going back on topic, I reckon I'll have a go at event but somehow I can't get motivated to get going. Maybe because lockdown has eased a bit and getting out more is something I won't take for granted again.
    On that note, take care and stay safe anyone who sees this and I hope that soon everyone will be free to make that choice. 🙂

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post: