Thread: Bringing Life back to the SL Forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default Bringing Life back to the SL Forums!

Hey Guys, I've decided to come back to the forums! I have seen a Lack of Interest in this Star Legends Forum though? Why is this? I believe I know the answer(s) , or think I may.

1. No New Content?

A lack of content means a boredom, Interest in the game is lowered because, you've been doing the same things over & over. I understand Memorial Day Vanities have came along but, The prices are rapidly decreasing! Which means they are no fun to collect because.. No one wants cheap stuff? They want the exciting Expensive stuff to show off! So this is where I stand at this point.

2. Not Enough Contests

We need more contests! We need Platinum! This is what I hear around Blackstar (SOMETIMES). People will keep more interest if they are being Tested and have to think more about "Improving the Game" or New Content, or having to look the Best. I see we have a fashion show going on? I like it. That was a Great Idea! I also see we have a Twinking PvP Event? Again, Great Idea! I haven't heard any Scorn II Stuff? Maybe a Weapon Design Contest? Armor Design? Something of the sort. I know people think that art contests are hands down a handful of people because of there talent, but anyone can put something together on a Computer? Anyone can draw? Some better then others but.. Hey? Look past the talent and more towards the quality.

3. SL Economy

Our "Traders Market" is Really Nerve Racking to see. Look I think I speak for a lot when I say "Nobody wants Old Xmas Pinks!" How many L.10 Pink (Whatevers) do you see in the CS for 50k - 600k! I finally sold my Pink Nutcrackers after a Few months not even for the Price I wanted. It is all about VANITIES, PINK 35 GUNS, PINK 30 ARMOR. We need more Pinks or Vanites , because with the hard enough time it is too make money for some, No one can really afford them.. Except Endgame Players. Of course, You can farm? But It takes so long! We all know if a Noob gets a Xray, Every endgame in SL is going to be offering there Credits for it? Am I wrong... And then the Lucky winner is going to be a Legend.. for Scamming a Newbie out of his Xrays. So, I think we need more stuff. I havent even heard news on the SCORN II for I dont know how long... But If we could hear something of the sort it might raise our Spirits.

Hopefully some of these "Make Sense" I am only a 14 Year old kid so, Some of these may sound a little Out of here? Haha Hopefully some will take in interest to meet me in game to talk about the matters and show me what I may have missed.

Thanks for your time..

~ Paar
    Last edited by Paar; 06-02-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Your words hold true, yet it's not just the traders market, it's the ALL of the forums.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

5. PVP ENGS
    6. No Unique contents
    7. Last Skill
    8. Eye-Catching Contents
    100. Many more
    Popout

GL everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Yay a fellow 14 Year old! Except this one doesn't spew nonsense like me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Alot can be done and has been suggested :/ sts just forgot about SL when they started dl .. But I think pretty soon it will change now that they have a group of employees working on each game and not just dl hope it happens fast a lot of good friends quit because of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Welcome back to forums btw sorry for double posting forgot to add into my first one :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Thanks for the supportive comments guys. Hope more people will comment/read this.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I will agree on WF pinks from 2011. My feeling is that almost all were kind of seasonal in nature. (candy cane gun for example) most people wont run around with that year round. They will probably sell better right around WF 2012, when they will be fasionable again.

I wouldn't call 2 people agreeing on a price for a vanity a "scam". I have seem many players scammed by newbie appearing players sayin "can I try on your (insert vanity name here), please, please, please!" Then not returning it and going offline. Now that is scamming. Also, at some point a player farms a vanity, they do not just show up one day. I think the price is high too, so I farm all of mine. and for the amount of work it took to get them, I wouldn't dream of selling them. I find most don't want to spend the time to farm them, and they don't want to pay the price either, plenty of people out there want them handed to them. Then what would the values of them be?

And I think we have enough pinks and blues. What we need is new content, 5 new maps and a level cap raise with new gear. People aren't playing because thay have been playing the same maps for months and months. A couple new drops may bring some people back for a couple days, but once they remember they were thouroughly bored with the maps, they are gone again.

at least they should mix up the placement of enemies on the maps or something, in the meantime. It may help a little bit by being a different challenge.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 06-02-2012 at 08:47 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I will agree on WF pinks from 2011. My feeling is that almost all were kind of seasonal in nature. (candy cane gun for example) most people wont run around with that year round. They will probably sell better right around WF 2012, when they will be fasionable again.

I wouldn't call 2 people agreeing on a price for a vanity a "scam". I have seem many players scammed by newbie appearing players sayin "can I try on your (insert vanity name here), please, please, please!" Then not returning it and going offline. Now that is scamming. Also, at some point a player farms a vanity, they do not just show up one day. I think the price is high too, so I farm all of mine. and for the amount of work it took to get them, I wouldn't dream of selling them. I find most don't want to spend the time to farm them, and they don't want to pay the price either, plenty of people out there want them handed to them. Then what would the values of them be?

And I think we have enough pinks and blues. What we need is new content, 5 new maps and a level cap raise with new gear. People aren't playing because thay have been playing the same maps for months and months. A couple new drops may bring some people back for a couple days, but once they remember they were thouroughly bored with the maps, they are gone again.

at least they should mix up the placement of enemies on the maps or something, in the meantime. It may help a little bit by being a different challenge.
    well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I agree with paar. But we have all made posts about these same problems. SL was handed over to a new guy named gibber he has made 1 post about the future of SL. I honestly want more updates. Look at DL and PL they are getting all the attention and it sucks as a sl player. We have been stuck with voleria for what almost 6 months?.....

So Gibber what do you have planned or atleast something to keeps us SL players motivated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

if i heard correctly, i think there will be something by friday for the promethus movie. i dont know what but something. and my guess, maybe just plat store items. like the avengers thing a couple weeks ago. Probably not enough to get the masses back here to stay awhile. i really hope this lull doesn't last too much longer, i have concerns players may never return. my clan is dead. max 3 people on at once all week, and usually the same 3 people.

man i like this game the best of the games so far. i hope it lives

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

SL has potential , lets hope this game lasts. Some contests would be nice though . Maybe something similar to Kahluas*

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    SL has potential , lets hope this game lasts. Some contests would be nice though . Maybe something similar to Kahluas*
    sl has a ton of potential sts just needs to do something