Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Severe Vanity problem

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxretepxX View Post
    Bruh just find a different vanity set youll get tired of luminary one anyways just like how people get tired of every other vanity

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    This isn’t the point . Zzzzzzzzzz. Plz read original thread plz

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Freeeeeebump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

You: come into my house and see a nice bottle of wine on the shelf
    Also you: I buy it
    Me: Not selling sorry
    You: are you trying to MaNiPuLAte the EconOmY? Go to jail
    Me: ...

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

when a new sts game is released very simaler to AL...**Cough***PL2****cough, I can see old vanity returning.....don't say that I'm wrong, because SL had this happen to them. So I'm not worried...ill see my ghost set again.....eventually lol.

dont shoot the messanger lol, **ghost brings out popcorn**
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    You: come into my house and see a nice bottle of wine on the shelf
    Also you: I buy it
    Me: Not selling sorry
    You: are you trying to MaNiPuLAte the EconOmY? Go to jail
    Me: ...
    Plz read original thread lol every is gonna disagree but don’t make it exaggerated plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Developers can't just impose price ceilings or limit the amount we horde, that would otherwise be a compromise and contradicts the whole point of AL being advertised as a free player market. There is nothing you nor developers can do.

This isn't limited to vanities, it expands across almost every hot item in the game. Like hoarding eggs or consumables, vanities is another niche players profit from.

This is neither price manipulation, its more of a merching tactic organized by already existing wealthy players in the game. Relative to this game, price manipulation depicts unruly behavior in setting up prices; bidding fake offers, setting it by urself and deception.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-10-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Every vanity which is "rare" now was once available easily but u were not interested in buying than. People who thought it was valuable, they bought it. And it's not necessary that just a single player will hoard all the vanities. There are thousands of players in Al who might have bought it. You only complain and cry once the vanity gets popular or rare.

Every good looking vanity will eventually get rarer over time.. And more such good vanities are yet to come in the upcoming events so why do u bother about the ones which you can't get ? I also wanted a lot of old vanities but those are difficult to get now so I have adjusted with whatever good is available right now. So try to value the things which are still easily available for u now rather than crying about the past. Devs are making awesome vanities every event so wait for the upcoming events and focus on that. Goodluck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

this kind of thing cant be control...if u have 1billion of gold(which is kinda not rare nowdays) u can massive hoard anything n set the new op price.Mybe sts can check the source of too much gold..~~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Name:  epic facepalm.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  5.3 KB

I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Many arguments here are true in that there is nothing we as players or they as devs could ever do. The market is liberal and is dependent on the hands of players so we cannot simply force hoarders to not do what they are doing since they aren't doing something considered illegal. It's their choice and since they are capable to do so, we cannot do anything about it. Only thing you could do on your end is to secure vanities you'd want as long as they are still widely available then if you like them, hold on to them. Hoarding along with merching are two of the most prominent ways to get gold in the game without actually playing the game the way it was intended to be played, and of course, this attracts a lot of players who easily get bored with grind but would rather see the market and economy as opportunities to profit...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Agree with some of the points here too. ​

Hoarding = legal
    (Regardless of whether it causes price rise)
    Giving fake offer = illegal
    (Doesn't matter if price rise or fall, a fake offer is a fake offer)

Some may not like hoarders, but guess what it is not against the rule to hoard any type of items in game. No need to exclude yourself from the hoarders group by saying ohh I only hoard keys/gems/etc. If you hoard, you are a hoarder. Simple. Just because you aren't rich enough to hoard expensive vanity like the 1% does doesn't make you a non-hoarder. To a player poorer than you who can't even hoard normal gem, to them, using some of your logic here, is "manipulating the prices".

Bottom line, do what's legal & don't go against tos.

Anything else beyond is just ethics as a gamer which is itself highly subjective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Agree with some of the points here too. ​

Hoarding = legal
    (Regardless of whether it causes price rise)
    Giving fake offer = illegal
    (Doesn't matter if price rise or fall, a fake offer is a fake offer)

Some may not like hoarders, but guess what it is not against the rule to hoard any type of items in game. No need to exclude yourself from the hoarders group by saying ohh I only hoard keys/gems/etc. If you hoard, you are a hoarder. Simple. Just because you aren't rich enough to hoard expensive vanity like the 1% does doesn't make you a non-hoarder. To a player poorer than you who can't even hoard normal gem, to them, using some of your logic here, is "manipulating the prices".

Bottom line, do what's legal & don't go against tos.

Anything else beyond is just ethics as a gamer which is itself highly subjective.
    Ok, this is scary to me but I actually agree with you on this post. here goes my latest forum book. Get comfortable for the read.

Hoarding is the persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions causing severe anxiety. Its a medical condition.

Collector is a person who collects things of a specified type, professionally or as a hobby. Its a hobby.

What people are being accused of here is manipulating for person gain and for the destruction of others ability to do the same. A manipulator.

Every single game that i know of is played like that for the most part. even board games.

I personally like the socializing part of the game and being kind to others, but alot of people just play the game to win at all cost. its just a strategy. Its only a game to them.

We all play the exact same way in every other part of the game and never give it a second thought. We try to dominate the arena, pvp, events, maps, we buy gear that we know that alot of people cant afford, and we do it all in the name of being the best.

So why is it so wrong if a player chooses another route of playing? Attempting to in some way control the market. Its their way of slowing down the people dominating in every other part of the game.

Not my way of playing
    But its theirs.

If STS saw a problem with this they would have stopped it years ago. So until they do, all that can happen is complaining about it with the hopes that the manipulation is being
    revealed so that people dont fall victim to it.

But.... Its No big secret.. everyone already knows about it and if you play the game more than once a week you know who does it. So what is being accomplished here? Convincing STS its bad? They have listened to this complaint for years and years. They dont see a problem to fix.

i know perseverance is key to getting things changed if you want change but until its against the rules its just being hypercritical of a playing style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cinder wings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk