Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep PL and SL alive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Keep PL and SL alive

I do not wish of this Post to be reported but id want to say that PL and SL is losing many now DLs out i say the same as everyone play a little bit of PL and SL and go on DL. keep it alive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to starfletcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well... people aren't playing those because the content is stale. The new drops in PL are just to rare to keep many interested. I've been playing a lot since they were released and still haven't seen a single one drop.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I played SL for a couple weeks when it came out, and DL for about 3 minutes. PL is by far STS' best, and most well rounded, game. Once humania drops, order will be restored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but... I love pvping =) PL OF COURSE...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid:666058
    I played SL for a couple weeks when it came out, and DL for about 3 minutes. PL is by far STS' best, and most well rounded, game. Once humania drops, order will be restored.
    Totally agreed. Best game mechanics by far of all of the legend titles!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I played SL for like an hour. Got bored, and uninstalled it. DL is cool when it comes to graphics and gameplay, but I quit it right after I figured out that we have to wait for energy to refill, which is totally boring.

3 months of PL and I still don't have any problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

PL is just stale, and once the new content drops all will be well (unless it sucks). But I think some big things are coming! I'm excited. I wish they'd tell us more about the new skill systems and stuff that are being implemented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Ummm, I don't think this really helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Thank you Mr. red Ryder.

I never got into SL, pl rocks DL is dead to. Stop complaining play the game the true players will remain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

This is all part of STS plan to shift customers around. They don't want you staying with one game. They want you jumping around and buying plat for multiple games. Let one go kind of stale, just enough so people go try the other games, and then before everyone gets too fed up, come out with another update. They gotta make money some how and when you are putting out F2P games, you gotta push your customers to spend money in anyway they can.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    This is all part of STS plan to shift customers around. They don't want you staying with one game. They want you jumping around and buying plat for multiple games. Let one go kind of stale, just enough so people go try the other games, and then before everyone gets too fed up, come out with another update. They gotta make money some how and when you are putting out F2P games, you gotta push your customers to spend money in anyway they can.
    Exactly what I had in mind...that's the only logical explanation. This opinion will not be popular, in fact, expect to be flamed. But I agree with you on this one. Not even Blizzard was able to launch this many MMO games in such a short period of time...in fact, Blizzard only has one MMO game as of the moment...World of Warcraft. With Blizzard's success, they could easily launch multiple MMO's if they wanted to but I guess it's a matter of business call more than anything else. Like you, I also think they're trying to acquire funds as quickly as possible by launching multiple games, that may backfire in the long run if they don't get enough foundation of players in each of their game: PL,SL,DL and soon AL (because many players are just crossovers players: PL player visits SL, SL visits DL, etc.). What they need to accomplish is to make each of their game independent from one another, PL having different base players from DL, DL from AL, AL from SL, and so on and so forth, in order to maximize it because eventually these crossover players who are playing 2-3 STS games all at once and spending platinum on each will run out of interest to spend. I think SL is already in the decline because the PL population that crossed over to SL came back to PL eventually, SL did not establish foundation and relied on crossover players from PL...just like in my prediction in my previous post, I think there's only going to be one game standing...these games will cannibalize each other and players will rally to the best game of the bunch...even if STS hired the best developers in the world, they can't create perfect games under one genre (MMO)...only one MMO will come out on top and feed off the success of their other MMO games...that's just my opinion though, anyway, I agree with you. That's all I wanted to say LOL.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I would like only PL to survive and be perfectioned. Call me egoist, but that's what I really think. No need to develop multiple MMO at the same time. They should have began develop SL when PL cap would have reached level 90 or so (which means at the end of its cycle which should be 100 if I remember correctly). And so on and so forth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind...that's the only logical explanation. This opinion will not be popular, in fact, expect to be flamed. But I agree with you on this one. Not even Blizzard was able to launch this many MMO games in such a short period of time...in fact, Blizzard only has one MMO game as of the moment...World of Warcraft. With Blizzard's success, they could easily launch multiple MMO's if they wanted to but I guess it's a matter of business call more than anything else. Like you, I also think they're trying to acquire funds as quickly as possible by launching multiple games, that may backfire in the long run if they don't get enough foundation of players in each of their game: PL,SL,DL and soon AL (because many players are just crossovers players: PL player visits SL, SL visits DL, etc.). What they need to accomplish is to make each of their game independent from one another, PL having different base players from DL, DL from AL, AL from SL, and so on and so forth, in order to maximize it because eventually these crossover players who are playing 2-3 STS games all at once and spending platinum on each will run out of interest to spend. I think SL is already in the decline because the PL population that crossed over to SL came back to PL eventually, SL did not establish foundation and relied on crossover players from PL...just like in my prediction in my previous post, I think there's only going to be one game standing...these games will cannibalize each other and players will rally to the best game of the bunch...even if STS hired the best developers in the world, they can't create perfect games under one genre (MMO)...only one MMO will come out on top and feed off the success of their other MMO games...that's just my opinion though, anyway, I agree with you. That's all I wanted to say LOL.
    You can't even compare blizzard and STS they aren't in the same league. STS' budget for all 3 games isn't even a fraction of a percent of what blizzard is dealing with, so they have to keep the content fresh in order to keep customers interested. With a smaller budget comes less potential and less replay value because of a lack of content. PL is the flagship game, but it seems as if DL were meant to be the cash cow for the company - what will pay the bills.

Long story short: STS would have a much different model if they didn't have the 'small company' restraints. They can't afford to spend years on one complete game before they turn a profit so they must always have another project on the go to tide the fans over.

By the way blizzard created Warcraft, Starcraft and diablo. They've got a lot on their plate, with another MMO on the way. WoW is also a subscription service so multiple MMOs would more than likely spread their fan base out, and be a detriment to their flagship. Thankfully we don't have that issue as all of STS games are free to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Thank you Mr. red Ryder.

I never got into SL, pl rocks DL is dead to. Stop complaining play the game the true players will remain.
    true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

All the Games are well and thats why id like to congrat the Devs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks for your posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Don't triple post
    Don't revive threads that are more than a month or two old
    Don't make pointless threads
    Don't spam posts, the green bar under your name and your post count mean nothing

-------AEO-------

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

edited post
    Last edited by rinzler; 06-06-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Inappropriate talk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I like PL the best. fuzzy birds are just too irresistible!