Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Humania is coming! - Current Level Cap goes away and New Level Cap of 71

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

maybe is u somehow combined cop and this new helm... idk...
    being part of the group that grinded for the cop, i too am disappointed. and yes, this would be much better if past vanities were stashable so that they wouldn't just sit there, unused. this helm better be awesome- better than the cop lol.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

I can't believe that you guys are surprised about it being another elite vanity helm

I mean, don't say you didn't see it coming, it was pretty blatantly obvious that it would be another helm for the elite vanity.

-------AEO-------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I saw this coming quite a while ago, thus I'm prepared with what I have to say.
    I just didn't expect it this cap.
    I thought it was going to be a Vanity Pet to finish off the Elite Vanity Set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Sam i back you up 100%. Its time we show some love to the new-comers and strengthn the competition for pvp. Us old-timers had our fun, its time to give others a fair chance.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellylita For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ive been playing since the COP but didnt feel the need to push from 55-56 to get a helm. Do i regret it...yes, but at same time i built more characters instead of pursuing level cap so i gained more experience then just a vanity. I continued doing this with nuri and now fang. I may finally decide to get one of these elite sets so for me, others like me, and new comers who werent here for COP, im glad they are redoing spots previously filled. And for it not being a pet i am for it so everyone at least has some difference...cant wait for the update.
    Last edited by Dark Avenger; 06-04-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Owner of the darkavenger franchise.

Check all my characters out!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

We know that people worked hard for their Crown of Persistence back in the day. However, nothing lasts for ever. Mountains wear down, Seas dry up, Cities rise and fall and so too the CoP has had its day. As Xionskull said above, if someone pulls out a CoP and puts it on, anyone who is in the know will recognize them as old school. The plan with the elite level cap vanities is to replace them in order, so after Humania expect to see a new vanity shield that will replace the Nuri's shield, etc.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    C'mon guys, everyone has an equal chance at starting back up at things. I know it's easier for me to say this because I never got the CoP (I was 2k xp off!) This opens a new door for some of the newer players though. Too bad I'll have a tough time deciding if i want to wear this new vanity helmet or my founders!

I'm definitely going to cap because when the CoP first became available, I thought it was useless! I thought it was some extra bonus item that gave no stats. It was very late until I found out that it would come with a set bonus... that set bonus could be even larger in the future with a new vanity set. I recommend you all go for it.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This is exciting, a new campaign! Just in time for summer vacation too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

So... where is Vularia Part 2?!?
    Had to

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Yes! very nice!!...new map+new vanity hat...thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just when I'm about to reach the cap (just like last time) it gets raised.... Sure It's a good thing, but come on 100k xps to get to 66? so is that going to drop when the cap goes up? I'm wondering if it's even worth trying. So we had to get 100k xps to reach level 66 but when the cap goes up others wouldn't have to work to get 100k xps to get to level 66? If that's the case I don't see the point of trying to complete level 66 only to get close and have the cap changed. It's easier to just wait till level 66 xps are lowered to complete it. It will probably get raised just as a get close to 66 like last tine this is frustrating ... Then im sure by the time i get close to level 71 the Cap will get moved again and again... It's not a cap of persistence it's more like a cap of futility because the goals keep changing and we have nothing to show for the exact same efforts others put in and got rewarded for, and they get rewarded simply becasuse they got there before the cap was raised. This is the 2nd time i got close to the cap when it got moved and i get nothing for my efforts. Its ok to raise the cap but dont take away the "carrot" we worked so hard to reach. Thats just crule. Its like a big "tough luck sucker" to your fans. There should still be an award at 66 for every one who busted their hump to get to 66 it's just not very fair to people who worked hard to get this close only to have the goal moved ..AGAIN!! That's a lot of game hours to not have anything to show for. Not very fair. *sigh*
    Last edited by BaltoWolf; 06-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

The whole point to the Elite cap, Balto, is for the vanity you recieve once you reach the level. There is absoloutley no point to leveling to 66 unless you want the mt fang armor, or want a headstart on the next campaign. The 'carrot' being removed is the Crown of persistance, from the 56 elite cap, it has nothing to do with the Mt fang amor you still have ~2 weeks to acquire.

Obviously nothing is set in stone here the devs may change their mind on what to do with the COP. There is absoloutley no use in arguing over something that hasnt even happened yet. Maybe it will be made stashable since it is being taken out of the elite set rotation, or maybe everyone will have to get over the fact that things change.

Either way, it's exciting to see some change on the horizon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

What I do not understand about Apple is why they take a long time reviewing updates. I read on a website average times that app review an app or update is 7 days, meaning that the update might will come out sometime this week if we are lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yes we realize it's fair for others to get an elite helm, but some of us just wanted a pet to fill all the elite vanities,

If it had been a pet u would get the three item bonus, while those with the CoP would have a 4 item bonus a slight advantage for 1 more cap, honestly tho compare the 2 item bonus to the 3 item it's a very small difference
    I would guess if a 4 item bonus was made it would be equally as minimal if not less.

If they go with a new helm I wont complain, and I still plan to take 3 chars to the next cap, but for some it may lessen their desire for the elite item.

Another thing, why not reward those who pushed for 56, by far the most elite of the caps so far, the majority did it with out the 4x elix which majorly reduced the feat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Ok guys honestly, as said above, it's not like you didn't see it coming. It eventually loops back around, we only have a certain number of vanity choices available. The two possibilities were a pet, or another helmet. (Or a weapon, but that was ruled out a while back). The pet seemed far fetched, and I think we all knew that. So, here we are with another helmet. It's not like they're recycling the CoP, as Sam said above, anyone who puts on the CoP will be recognized as an elite veteran player.

I don't have an elite set of my own, but I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. The elite items aren't coming back, and here you are at a chance to get some cool new ones. Some of us don't even have the opportunity to get one piece, so please be grateful for what STS has given you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrimafish View Post
    when? lol
    Here ya go!

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I know that there have already been threads about this fact but as Humania is (supposedly) close I decided to REV PLS the discussion.

I put my own thoughts in the order IMO are the most likely.

1. Helmet

I have always been thinking (and hoping!) that the lvl 71 elite vanity is a new helmet. Why?
    I have always thought that the elite vanitt recycle would go like this: Helm -> Shield -> Armor -> Helm and so fort because IMO it is almost impossible to make a matching pet with the vanity set simply because it has to be as awesome as the other vanities are. My only possible solution for a elite cap pet was a golden dragon but it seems that sts used that option.
    Besides some don't like to use pets. They cause lag to some and some don't just like to see something wobble or fly around u.

Some thoughts from me from April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just be grateful for what STS have done for you. Stop moaning and just play the game, who cares if it is a new vanity helm at least the cap level is rising and that's what everybody wants.

Coke
    STS Forum Guide: Pocket Legends bosses!

Thanks for the Sig Patsoe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    The whole point to the Elite cap, Balto, is for the vanity you recieve once you reach the level. There is absoloutley no point to leveling to 66 unless you want the mt fang armor, or want a headstart on the next campaign. The 'carrot' being removed is the Crown of persistance, from the 56 elite cap, it has nothing to do with the Mt fang amor you still have ~2 weeks to acquire.

Obviously nothing is set in stone here the devs may change their mind on what to do with the COP. There is absoloutley no use in arguing over something that hasnt even happened yet. Maybe it will be made stashable since it is being taken out of the elite set rotation, or maybe everyone will have to get over the fact that things change.

Either way, it's exciting to see some change on the horizon!
    Umm, I actually do it for the extra skill point lol....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A helmet /

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    True dat. I grinded to 56 before there were elixirs because I wanted the extra skill point and because the extra 5 dex gave me 1 more hit % in my pally build :P

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus:667178
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    True dat. I grinded to 56 before there were elixirs because I wanted the extra skill point and because the extra 5 dex gave me 1 more hit % in my pally build :P
    That reminds me. whats gonna happen with skills moving forward?

Ahh..I'm excited for the first game changing patch since I've been here.
    gf.