Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A new vanity helm for Humania L71 to replace COP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    I did and I recommend everyone does as it is a hard campain
    As soon as mt fang becomes available the crypt runs are the best because it has easy enemies like those little skull guys and you get 65 and 66s running with you and the enemies are tightly packed giving more xp in less time
    in nuris the enemies are diespersed hard to kill drops are rare bosses are hard if you arent 65 yet and the final level is very hard but makes for a good endgame level
    it troubles me at 66 and i often need help to complete it
    Nuri's isn't that hard with a little strategy, especially at level 66.

After all, shouldn't be hard for the best Warbird.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac:670916
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Nope, the devs stated a WHILE back that the elite vanities would come in cycles. People can't seem to get it through their heads that the game doesn't revolve around them.

Yea directed at apple but i want to address it. How would getting new items that provide the same bonus take away the old items specialness and/or exclusivity? Yea sure people would now be able to have the same bonus as you so i guess that takes a little of the specialness away, BUT you have an item that NO ONE can EVER get again, that seems pretty dang exclusive to me. It's not like they're bringing the exact same helm back, it's a new design so the only thing you have to worry about is not having as much of an advantage in PvP.
    Oldies will have the option of equiping two vanity sets while newbies will have only 1 vanity set.
    So what? The "oldies" worked for those pieces as I could've and they can wear them whenever they want. Now it's time for a new set. A new chance for me and a lot of other people to grind for a good looking vanity. What's wrong with them wearing their vanity sets? They can't wear both sets at the same time

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    You should beg for a pumpkin helm and Droid costume too
    Droid costume was exclusive item to that contest, so no arguing over it. Don't change topic. Thank you.
    Last edited by Back; 06-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post
    Droid costume was exclusive item to that contest, so no arguing over it. Don't change topic. Thank you.
    CoP was exclusive item to that achievement, so no arguing over, yet there's this whole thread o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

CoP was exclusive item to that achievement, so no arguing over, yet there's this whole thread o_O
    They are keeping the CoP exclusive... :-/

Also, I heard something about a new droid contest a while back.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with chances for new players to get full vanity, Else, pvp and ctf become empty.
    On The other Side, it would be fair if me and other cop owners get something back for their effort and plat.

My suggestion: make it à stashable "biggest luck" helm. New players happy, old players happy and motivated to reach 71 cap. (so pl happy cause of plat spending :-))

What u guys think?

Regards,

Dd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    They are keeping the CoP exclusive... :-/

Also, I heard something about a new droid contest a while back.
    They should make an Apple costume too, to keep things fair

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Do you even know the looks and name of Lv. 71 Vanity? If it's called CoP and with the exact same looks then I'm against it. However, it'll definately look different and called with some other name so how is it "CoP", which was "exclusive" to 56 cap? Something to think about? Another perfect example is SoH which got a circus logo. If the 76 cap is a shield they won't call it SoH and it won't have same looks.

Your "exclusive" items won't lose their value in terms of "ecxclusivity" as they were "exclusive" to L. 56, L. 61 and L. 66

I got a better solution to stop this argument. Why not remove set bonus from this vanities and keep them for their looks and one's acomplishments in PL.
    Last edited by Back; 06-10-2012 at 08:59 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I wish to have a bunny 🐰 as vanity pet ( I'll call him Bug ) n really wana keep my cop as elite helm so the 4 pieces of elite set will b completed ( if Sts can rmk on old helm then why not create something new ? )
    Lady Viviane

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

With Oyeonac on this one. With this much controversy it may be better to just keep the Vanities without a set bonus. They are called "vanity items" for a good reason - for appearance and aesthetic purposes only. Items that offer anything that boosts your stats should NOT be considered vanity.

Vanity items should really distinguish one player from another, that was the intent of them in the first place. Player customization not just for stats but for looks was pretty popular for this MMO. Now everyone has a cookie-cutter build AND appearance.

Remove the set bonuses for Vanity items and keep them truly "vanity" - and help salvage whatever little customization we have left in PL.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Physiologic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post
    Do you even know the looks and name of Lv. 71 Vanity? If it's called CoP and with the exact same looks then I'm against it. However, it'll definately look different and called with some other name so how is it "CoP", which was "exclusive" to 56 cap? Something to think about? Another perfect example is SoH which got a circus logo. If the 76 cap is a shield they won't call it SoH and it won't have same looks.

Your "exclusive" items won't lose their value in terms of "ecxclusivity" as they were "exclusive" to L. 56, L. 61 and L. 66

I got a better solution to stop this argument. Why not remove set bonus from this vanities and keep them for their looks and one's acomplishments in PL.

I concur.

Wait.
    Why isn't this thread locked.
    I PMed Sam a few days ago....

-.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think the new helmet is great to be looking forward to as "new" player!
    And it doesnt change a thing for "old-school" players, besides properly a new stat bonus...
    Will it have a higher stat value then the old helmet? Perhaps, but it might also have a different stat bonus.
    If so then its up to the player to rather use hit rating before crit, or hp regen before mps (mana per second).

And my opinion about the founders helm, its totally fair for old school players to have it rather then everyone.
    There is a reason for them to have it, the started playing at that time.
    Its just like the Dotd, aka deal of the day.
    You miss out on (for example) polly the parrot, and some friend of yours got it, well then its to bad for you cause he got it while he could.
    Maby the stats of the founders helm is what makes people jalous?
    Roughly said, then I suggest you buy a timemachine and reschedule the important thing you had to do at that moment....
    Every game has people who are jalous of others, thats what makes the game running, if you got everything and it isnt challenging enough, then whats the use of playing...

And yes, perhaps in the future they make L101 with 1k crit and such, but that means the mobs (ingame creatures) will have a major resistance and defense value.
    The stats of the characters will be scaled with the stats of the mobs to keep it fun and challenging.

Duck...Out!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default A new vanity helm for Humania L71 to replace COP?

Back in ao2 days at ll 45 with good gear you could beat a whole level by yourself a year or more later.... At mount fang at lvl 65 you have to use alot of your skills to kill 1 enemy. What has PL come too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The melodrama and angst and complaining and debating in this thread are unbelievable over some pixels. This is why I don't come to the forums much anymore, although my better judgement took a vacation and I read a few pages of this thread.

Having the full set on oneof my chars and 2/3 on the other two, I am not going to be upset if StS creates some new vanity, keeps the look of the old CoP for the new one, makes a new bonus, doesn't make a new bonus, so on and so forth. Because at the end of the day, I know how I got them....if someone newer has a shiny vanity, more power to them for grinding for it. It doesn't change the experience I had getting mine.

People should quit complaining about what others have earned in the past and crying "not fair, I didn't getz them too", and those that do have should be more supportive of newer players getting some sort of new vanity with a possible bonus at the same time.

Play the damn game, have some fun with friends, kill some mobbies, and quit making a mountain out of a molehill. Sad.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 06-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Thumbed and thanked. I was hoping you'd pop in lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awww my other characters will just hv to do without :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    With Oyeonac on this one. With this much controversy it may be better to just keep the Vanities without a set bonus. They are called "vanity items" for a good reason - for appearance and aesthetic purposes only. Items that offer anything that boosts your stats should NOT be considered vanity.

Vanity items should really distinguish one player from another, that was the intent of them in the first place. Player customization not just for stats but for looks was pretty popular for this MMO. Now everyone has a cookie-cutter build AND appearance.

Remove the set bonuses for Vanity items and keep them truly "vanity" - and help salvage whatever little customization we have left in PL.
    and if vanity sets is that important, then STS can make the Dragon vanity available to all levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    The melodrama and angst and complaining and debating in this thread are unbelievable over some pixels. This is why I don't come to the forums much anymore, although my better judgement took a vacation and I read a few pages of this thread.

Having the full set on oneof my chars and 2/3 on the other two, I am not going to be upset if StS creates some new vanity, keeps the look of the old CoP for the new one, makes a new bonus, doesn't make a new bonus, so on and so forth. Because at the end of the day, I know how I got them....if someone newer has a shiny vanity, more power to them for grinding for it. It doesn't change the experience I had getting mine.

People should quit complaining about what others have earned in the past and crying "not fair, I didn't getz them too", and those that do have should be more supportive of newer players getting some sort of new vanity with a possible bonus at the same time.

Play the damn game, have some fun with friends, kill some mobbies, and quit making a mountain out of a molehill. Sad.
    I like making skyscrapers out of antholes.

It's called expanding your thinking.
    Ha.

Anyways, I only got the vanity set because of the looks at first.
    I didn't know about this "upcoming bonus" until after Nuri's came out and they decided to go and make a set out of it.
    Make another set STS, but don't screw it up and kill the value of COP and the other two original elite vanities.

And add a pet/ring/weapon to this next one. I need a pet to be my minion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    I like making skyscrapers out of antholes.

It's called expanding your thinking.
    Ha.

Anyways, I only got the vanity set because of the looks at first.
    I wasn't singling anyone out at all, I was talking about the thread in general.

If you want to talk about expanding your thinking, your initial post was heavy on sarcasm and light on ideas other than mentioning the pet, to be honest . You or me or any of us have zero idea what the bonus of the new vanity item will be, if it will be the same/better/worse than this new vanity, or whether it will be worth grinding to 71. I think your weapon/ring/pet idea is actually pretty good, and would have been better than a new CoP or vanity helm or whatever it will be called.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 06-10-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Thumbed and thanked. I was hoping you'd pop in lol
    I do drive-by forumings once in a while. Rarely but they happen despite my best efforts