Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A new vanity helm for Humania L71 to replace COP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    The founders? How are those people even affected by the lvl cap vanities?
    Are you serious?
    You just said in your post that I should not feel superior to others in PvP.
    Getting a boost in dodge, health, armor, critical, and MORE is a superior in final stats.
    A single point of any of those could decide a match.

As of what Sam said, I'm not saying I'm all happy with it.
    This is their game.
    Not really much I can do to prevent it.
    I'll just go along with it, and see if there is anything I can do to lessen this new vanity helm's impact.
    Though, 85% of the active PL players right now don't have the COP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Apollo, I'm sorry, but I'm with StompArtist on this one. 100% agree.

To turn the discussion in a positive direction: What are your suggestions for Elite Vanity Caps? I think I can safely say that we realize that everything about them isn't ideal. What are your ideas to change them?

1) a way to allow others to "do the work" and get the gear to be on an even playing field?
    2) make it fun
    3) make it cool, something unique

I'm sure you all would have other criteria as well. So, grab your armchair and let's play designer!
    Sam, I love this.
    Do work?
    Make them.
    Here's what I think.

ANY type of Platinum Elixir to 71 VOIDS the elite vanity.
    Just completely voids it.
    Or rather, any type of 4x voids it.
    You and I BOTH know, that when we had to grind to the COP, there WERE no 4x elixirs, only 3x.
    Although I like the no platinum elixir part a lot.
    You should have to REALLY work if you want to get something, not just spam Platinum and slack off.

Make an elite vanity fun?
    Give them a set bonus, I guess, but NO sparkles.
    Sparkles are only for the first vanity set.

3. Make them cool and unique?
    I think the original vanity set should be able to replace as only one piece in the next set.
    Example:

New Elite Vanity Shield+Armor+Helm
    The COP can replace the New Helm

But
    New Elite Vanity+SoH+Mount Fang Armor
    SHOULD NOT WORK.

See what I suggest?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Denying the 71 vanity because a player uses Platinum elixirs is extremely detrimental to their business. I'm fairly certain a huge chunk of profit comes straight from Platinum elixirs consumption.

Since the 71 vanity is already coming out there's real no use in trying to persuade the devs from not releasing it. I'd imagine the only way to maintain the "uniqueness" of the Crown of Persistence while giving everyone a more equal (but not COMPLETELY equal) opportunity is by adjusting the set bonus itself, favoring a slightly better bonus with a CoP than the 71 vanity. And by slightly, I mean something by the margins of +1/2 stat points. Just a suggestion, don't kill me on this, as I really don't feel too strongly about either end of the argument =p

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Physiologic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap:666550
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    The founders? How are those people even affected by the lvl cap vanities?
    Are you serious?
    You just said in your post that I should not feel superior to others in PvP.
    Getting a boost in dodge, health, armor, critical, and MORE is a superior in final stats.
    A single point of any of those could decide a match.

As of what Sam said, I'm not saying I'm all happy with it.
    This is their game.
    Not really much I can do to prevent it.
    I'll just go along with it, and see if there is anything I can do to lessen this new vanity helm's impact.
    Though, 85% of the active PL players right now don't have the COP.
    I never at all mentioned PvP -_-'
    It's when you try and make the one you have better than the new ones coming out that makes you sound selfish.
    I'd like the sets to be different. Different looks, different bonuses, but to just put the entire set under the old one is wrong IMO

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Sam, I love this.
    Do work?
    Make them.
    Here's what I think.

You and I BOTH know, that when we had to grind to the COP, there WERE no 4x elixirs, only 3x.
    You should have to REALLY work if you want to get something, not just spam Platinum and slack off.
    Would never happen.
    Make an elite vanity fun?
    Give them a set bonus, I guess, but NO sparkles.
    Sparkles are only for the first vanity set.
    Give them flames or frost.
    3. Make them cool and unique?
    I think the original vanity set should be able to replace as only one piece in the next set.
    Example:

New Elite Vanity Shield+Armor+Helm
    The COP can replace the New Helm

But
    New Elite Vanity+SoH+Mount Fang Armor
    SHOULD WORK.

See what I suggest?
    And no. None of this would ever make even the slightest bit of sense haha.

To turn the discussion in a positive direction: What are your suggestions for Elite Vanity Caps? I think I can safely say that we realize that everything about them isn't ideal. What are your ideas to change them?

1) a way to allow others to "do the work" and get the gear to be on an even playing field?
    2) make it fun

I'm sure you all would have other criteria as well. So, grab your armchair and let's play designer!
    I have to ask. Why aren't you guys making Vanity Pets an elite cap reward?
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 06-04-2012 at 05:26 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, I would be fine if the new future vanity set gave the same stats as the current one. If they would give greater stats increase, the original vanity set should be adopted too, making all vanity sets the same, stats-wise.

This would allow original vanity set owners two sets they could wear. Maybe even allow a mix of current and new vanity set pieces, and still get the same set bonus. That' would give us 'old' vanity set owners a possibility to customize our looks more.

That would be the only award we would have over newer players. Stats wise, everybody should be able to be equal IMO, but that doesn't mean that original set owners shouldn't have some perk too. In the end it was much harder to grind to 56, back when elix wasn't so commonly used, and without the existence of even a 4x elix.

I don't think it would be fair to give 'old' players advantage in stats, but I do think we should at least be able to still have use for our old set, or even have some more customizability as mentioned before.

At least, these are my thoughts about it. I'm curious to hear what others think

Edit: I just read wound's idea. Why not vanity pets indeed?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Vanity pets as a reward will probably hinder vanity pet platinum purchases, since it is a lot of Platinum to purchase a pet anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Vanity pets as a reward will probably hinder vanity pet platinum purchases, since it is a lot of Platinum to purchase a pet anyway.
    But we have the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams. A 500 platinum vanity helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

2) make it fun

Nothing to be sorry about, Sam.

I think I detracted from my original point a lot. My original point is this: I do not mind AT ALL for the item being an elite helm, but just make it differ slightly, and not in a positive way as that would render the CoP useless, from the CoP? One or two stat points, as I suggested earlier.

I'm sure many of the elite vanity cap players would like some initiative to grind, not just those who need the helm. We don't want to feel left out, ya know?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Sam, I love this.
    Do work?
    Make them.
    Here's what I think.

:-/

You received your fancy CoP helmet for all of that hard "work" you did. CONGRATZZZ. Now, three lvl caps later, STS is making a FANTASTICLY NEW CAP OF STUFF! Players will still have to "work" to receive it, and some people will use elixers. STS needs money to run their company and support their four games (counting AL) so why would they discourage the use of elixers? Whirl, its time to give up. New chalenges are being added for newer players; Old players can still enjoy their old bonuses. Nothing is keeping you from using your old vanities.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Appleisaac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    But we have the Omnipotent Crown of Dreams. A 500 platinum vanity helm.
    There are a lot more Vanity hats for Platinum that are cheaper too! I would imagine the Vanity pets would be kept Platinum-only to conserve their overall "pricing" and ability to consistently generate revenue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Nothing to be sorry about, Sam.

I think I detracted from my original point a lot. My original point is this: I do not mind AT ALL for the item being an elite helm, but just make it differ slightly, and not in a positive way as that would render the CoP useless, from the CoP? One or two stat points, as I suggested earlier.

I'm sure many of the elite vanity cap players would like some initiative to grind, not just those who need the helm. We don't want to feel left out, ya know?
    I think that the new Elite Cap Items should contrast the old Elite Cap Items. Much so like the Dragon Vanity Sets. The Blue Set gets +1 Mana regen, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. In contrast, the Red Set gets +1 Crit, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. It's a slight change in a certain area. But it still keeps the same basic idea of the set it self.

The current Elite Vanity Set gives +1 Crit, +15 Armor, +5 Dodge, +55 Health Pool. So what if the new Vanity Set, in contrast, gave +1 Dodge, +15 Damage, +5 Crit, and +55 Mana Pool? And instead of giving sparkles, give that flamey wisp from Demonic

Just food for thought.

EDIT: Much more so like the dragon set, one item from Each Elite cap (One Shield, One Helm, and One Armor) would combine for a most ultimate set similar to the Gold Dragon set?
    Last edited by WoundedEagle; 06-04-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    :-/

You received your fancy CoP helmet for all of that hard "work" you did. CONGRATZZZ. Now, three lvl caps later, STS is making a FANTASTICLY NEW CAP OF STUFF! Players will still have to "work" to receive it, and some people will use elixers. STS needs money to run their company and support their four games (counting AL) so why would they discourage the use of elixers? Whirl, its time to give up. New chalenges are being added for newer players; Old players can still enjoy their old bonuses. Nothing is keeping you from using your old vanities.
    No offense meant, but why not just stop the argument and come up with suggestions or idea's? It's clear STS is open for discussion about this (see Sam's post below in case you missed it), so why not try and come up with a sensible discussion about all this? Together we might find something most of us can accept, let's at least give that a shot by providing out input

Sam's post...

2) make it fun

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You should at least make the crown of persistence,nuris shield, mount fang armor useable to lvl 70s and up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imaddictedtoPL View Post
    You should at least make the crown of persistence,nuris shield, mount fang armor useable to lvl 70s and up
    They'll be useful. Why wouldn't they be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Why not do this?

You can craft your CoP with the new vanity helm to create a super elite helm that adds on to the bonus? That way, both parties would grind for elite cap?

Make sense?
    I think that the new Elite Cap Items should contrast the old Elite Cap Items. Much so like the Dragon Vanity Sets. The Blue Set gets +1 Mana regen, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. In contrast, the Red Set gets +1 Crit, +10 Damage, and +5 Armor. It's a slight change in a certain area. But it still keeps the same basic idea of the set it self.

The current Elite Vanity Set gives +1 Crit, +15 Armor, +5 Dodge, +55 Health Pool. So what if the new Vanity Set, in contrast, gave +1 Dodge, +15 Damage, +5 Crit, and +55 Mana Pool? And instead of giving sparkles, give that flamey wisp from Demonic

Just food for thought.

EDIT: Much more so like the dragon set, one item from Each Elite cap (One Shield, One Helm, and One Armor) would combine for a most ultimate set similar to the Gold Dragon set?
    I wish I could thanks you

@imaddictedtopl they will
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imaddictedtoPL View Post
    It will most certainly be useable :-/ my lv 65 can equip a lv 7 bow; so why wouldnt a lv 70 be able to use a lv 56 helmet?
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Sam said this.
    To even it out, my only thought is to restrict 4x Combo for them.
    That's what "doing the work" means to me.
    Heck, even 3x Combo is good.
    You don't know how much time I spend with these caps, people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Just food for thought.

Um, the newer one is more OP than the old one, for some classes, like mages.
    I'd much prefer a larger mana pool than health, higher crit than dodge, higher damage than armor.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Here is a idea, make the old vanities stashable with lvl requirements. Its a simple fix, and those of us that earned them will have some bada.. 66 twinks.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post: