Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A new vanity helm for Humania L71 to replace COP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    This game is pretty biased against noobs... :-/
    Our tutorial sucks.
    OP int gear in first 15 levels which confuses noobs.
    No help on learning what different skills do.
    No help on learning what different stats do.
    No help on equipping different weapons.
    No help on PvP.
    No help on adding friends.
    No help on using the map.
    No help on knowing your class's role.
    No help on knowing the roles of others.
    Solution: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forum.php

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    The forums and the actual game are two very different things. Most newbies never come to the forums.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    And yeh pretty solid compensation-pay for 9 campaign then get a little vanity shield that's not even that attractive on my bear
    Some things are precious despite the looks and stats. Infact even I paid for all the side story maps before they went free a month ago. That cute little frosty helm (a gift) is something I always wear and I'm thankful for it even if I got other vanity helm that adds certain stats or boosts luck.

You grinded for CoP? Good, now it's our turn.
    Last edited by Back; 06-08-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post
    You grinded for CoP? Good, now it's our turn.
    Sounds like flawless logic

You started the game the first month, not expecting a special bonus item with special stats, then got one that now I want? Ok, then now it's my turn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DerSchuetze View Post
    This argument is horrible.

I know a way to make EvERYONE HAPPY and EXCiTED for lvl 71..

Wanna know my secret formular?

Add a vanity pet..
    Add vanity Ring...
    New feature : Add vanity boots..
    New feature: Add vanity face

Why do we need another hat already? There are so many things that could be added.

I have the founders alrdy and im gonna keep wearing it So with another Elite hat its just rly pointless.. Next cap we have another shield. Then another armor. So why even bother getting all the elite stuff now if it gets replaced so soon. The main reason why OLD players STAY is cause they got exklusive items. Make their exklusive itrms worthless, many leave or get
    This is exaclty what is happening here..
    Vetrans quit all the time, and all the time new vetrans are created . STS is allowing more people to be given a special set for their hard "work". No one is making your "exklusive itrms" worthless... No one is taking anything away from you people. More people are being given special items. Its funny how people sometimes confuse giving with stealing.
    \Down with the Rep!/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Appleisaac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Vetrans quit all the time, and all the time new vetrans are created . STS is allowing more people to be given a special set for their hard "work". No one is making your "exklusive itrms" worthless... No one is taking anything away from you people. More people are being given special items. Its funny how people sometimes confuse giving with stealing.
    The thing with more people being given special items that are equivalent with their former items is that they take away the former item's specialness and exclusivity, thus that's why people feel like their hard work was "stolen". Make sense, Apple?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The thing with more people being given special items that are equivalent with their former items is that they take away the former item's specialness and exclusivity, thus that's why people feel like their hard work was "stolen". Make sense, Apple?
    I suppose, but honestly, what did people expect to happen when the vanity armor set was complete? :P
    Did you honestly think STS would give out a face or ring?

EDIT: Okay, you can argue the vanity pet, but the inevitable would happen eventually anyhow.
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I suppose, but honestly, what did people expect to happen when the vanity armor set was complete? :P
    Did you honestly think STS would give out a face or ring?

EDIT: Okay, you can argue the vanity pet, but the inevitable would happen eventually anyhow.
    Or they can make a new set, with better stats, for us to achieve all over again and the precious elite set becomes an old, respected, but still semi useful set on twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Erm. I don't like this thread.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Sounds like flawless logic

You started the game the first month, not expecting a special bonus item with special stats, then got one that now I want? Ok, then now it's my turn!
    It's STS' game, they can do whatever they want without prior notice, like it or not. Leave if u don't like it. No one is stopping you.

By the way did anyone ever mention "elite vanity helm" was exclusive to 56 cap and there won't be another vanity? If not, then there's no point in arguing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

By the way did anyone ever mention "elite vanity helm" was exclusive to 56 cap and there won't be another vanity? If not, then there's no point in arguing.
    Nope, the devs stated a WHILE back that the elite vanities would come in cycles. People can't seem to get it through their heads that the game doesn't revolve around them.

Yea directed at apple but i want to address it. How would getting new items that provide the same bonus take away the old items specialness and/or exclusivity? Yea sure people would now be able to have the same bonus as you so i guess that takes a little of the specialness away, BUT you have an item that NO ONE can EVER get again, that seems pretty dang exclusive to me. It's not like they're bringing the exact same helm back, it's a new design so the only thing you have to worry about is not having as much of an advantage in PvP.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Nope, the devs stated a WHILE back that the elite vanities would come in cycles. People can't seem to get it through their heads that the game doesn't revolve around them.

Yea directed at apple but i want to address it. How would getting new items that provide the same bonus take away the old items specialness and/or exclusivity? Yea sure people would now be able to have the same bonus as you so i guess that takes a little of the specialness away, BUT you have an item that NO ONE can EVER get again, that seems pretty dang exclusive to me. It's not like they're bringing the exact same helm back, it's a new design so the only thing you have to worry about is not having as much of an advantage in PvP.
    Oldies will have the option of equiping two vanity sets while newbies will have only 1 vanity set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post

Oldies will have the option of equiping two vanity sets while newbies will have only 1 vanity set.
    You should beg for a pumpkin helm and Droid costume too

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

most players dont ignore nuris...
    I see nuris usually dead, I'm pretty sure they do not all but most ignore
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

You should beg for a pumpkin helm and Droid costume too
    Thats completely different bud...

This new vanity set will really motivate a lot of people to get to the cap. Also, people deserve a bonus for making it to the lvl cap... :/ I honestly don't understand how people are so upset about new elite vanities. You have a full elite set that no other player will ever be able to obtain ever again. Now, newer players will be given an opportunity for a new set that will never be obtainable again.

No one is giving away droid costumes either :P...
    Last edited by Appleisaac; 06-09-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    \Down with the Rep!/

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

What a lot of people fail to see or remember (especially "newbies"), is the newness of the additional vanity slots. Up until a few months ago, the helm was the only vanity. Then the others were added with the introduction of SL. The question manyvhave had since this introduction is why did SL (then DL) get addtional vanity slots and not PL? We are all ignorant if we think they can't add new slots for boots, rings, weapons, etc. So the frustration from us "veterans" comes from this very understanding and we continue to wonder "why?" SL and DL (and probably AL) still seem to be evolving better than PL.

As for the continuous use of he Founder's Helm in arguments and threads, I, like many other veterans, missed outbon the Founder's Helm amd could care less. I missed the helm by arpund four months but I don't whine about it nor do I bring it up in arguments. Part of this reason is because I am an adult and come from a generation who were taught to be grateful for what we have and not covet what we don't. Am I thrilled about a new crown? No. But it is because I also believe there are other options before exploring this one, not because "newbies are closing the gap."

As a community, we do have a voice. However, that voice is not always heard because of the noise it produces.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Or they can make a new set, with better stats, for us to achieve all over again and the precious elite set becomes an old, respected, but still semi useful set on twinks.
    I made it to 66 twice thinking the next item would give me a bonus so I could do away with my founders helm. I spent loads of money for it, twice, and STS is making the elixirs half off to get us to buy even more. They know we're assuming the armor and next item will make a bonus, but aren't dispelling it either.*

If it doesn't make a bonus, I'll be asking for full refunds in plat. It's easy for you to say that there should be a new set since you already have a full set. Excuse me for not having enough spare money or time to spend slaving away at this game during the helmet and shield.*

You said it yourself actually

This isn't a desktop game, but one that is based on a phone. I'm sorry if the majority of the PL population can't spend 10 hours a day on their phone.
    During sewers, I was playing on a 3rd gen iPod touch screen which wasn't easy on the eyes. I'd get headaches during the day and didn't have the spare time as I just started a new job.*

Nuri's, I was in school and focusing on my studies. Commuting to school didn't go without a cost, so I didn't have loads of money for plat.

Fang, I took a semester off from school, in turn received a lot of work hours which meant more spare cash, which I'm still reluctant to spend on a game since I enjoy my social life. But I still managed to spend money to get to 66 twice. If STS didn't plan on making a bonus with MFA and CoP2, then they would've specified this. They learned in the pass that going through change without implicating has always turned ugly really fast. They knew we were all assuming it, so it'd be wrong to create a new set.

To everyone else:

The original set would've become obsolete eventually. Don't act so shocked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

i totally think its fair to allow newer players to catch up
    and really if ur an oldie u shouldnt need a 4x set bonus to beat someone with a 0x set bonus
    why overpower the overpowered
    what would a founder want when they are level 3000 and they have 800x vanity set bonus and this new guy just capped out for the first time and he goes to pvp and cant touch your armor or withstannd one hit from you or even get past your dodge
    is that really fair or are some people just being moody because they cant get much better stats this time around
    i will have 2x vanity set bonus and probably the best str sword and shield set as usual the crafted altered improved shinier glowier more mystical forged bigger sharper whatever its gonna be called
    i dont mean to be rude to you guys but u are all acting like children and you know its true unless you are a child
    thanks sts for evening the playing field in terms of set bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

most players dont ignore nuris...
    I did and I recommend everyone does as it is a hard campain
    As soon as mt fang becomes available the crypt runs are the best because it has easy enemies like those little skull guys and you get 65 and 66s running with you and the enemies are tightly packed giving more xp in less time
    in nuris the enemies are diespersed hard to kill drops are rare bosses are hard if you arent 65 yet and the final level is very hard but makes for a good endgame level
    it troubles me at 66 and i often need help to complete it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    I made it to 66 twice thinking the next item would give me a bonus so I could do away with my founders helm. I spent loads of money for it, twice, and STS is making the elixirs half off to get us to buy even more. They know we're assuming the armor and next item will make a bonus, but aren't dispelling it either.*

If it doesn't make a bonus, I'll be asking for full refunds in plat. It's easy for you to say that there should be a new set since you already have a full set. Excuse me for not having enough spare money or time to spend slaving away at this game during the helmet and shield.*

You said it yourself actually

During sewers, I was playing on a 3rd gen iPod touch screen which wasn't easy on the eyes. I'd get headaches during the day and didn't have the spare time as I just started a new job.*

Nuri's, I was in school and focusing on my studies. Commuting to school didn't go without a cost, so I didn't have loads of money for plat.

Fang, I took a semester off from school, in turn received a lot of work hours which meant more spare cash, which I'm still reluctant to spend on a game since I enjoy my social life. But I still managed to spend money to get to 66 twice. If STS didn't plan on making a bonus with MFA and CoP2, then they would've specified this. They learned in the pass that going through change without implicating has always turned ugly really fast. They knew we were all assuming it, so it'd be wrong to create a new set.

To everyone else:

The original set would've become obsolete eventually. Don't act so shocked
    Max,

You said it yourself as well.

There were many others who were working just as hard as you, but still managed to cap. Also, I believe the factor at that time was you were too bored to play the game.

Remember the whole argument about you and the founders helm? Same concept here, unless you're up for releasing founders helm to 6 months.

You're not seeing my point, I'm saying that to create an entire new set bonus instead of mooching off the old one that we spent long hours slaving for. This would give us set bonus players an incentive to cap as well.

As for your wasted platinum. When CoP was released, people still grinded for it, even when platinum elixirs came out. Nobody knew it would provide a bonus, did they? I don't think for one bit that those players thought they wasted platinum grinding, just saying.

Wasting platinum would be blowing platinum on something and not receiving anything. Your platinum spent got you what was promised, a L66 Mt. Fang Vanity armor, nothing more. Also, remember, many grinded without elixirs, so you had the option to spend or save, especially considering how long Mt. Fang has been here.

I commend you for your dedication towards further education, but life doesn't stop because an individual decided to pursue something else.

To everybody else: The set would have to be replaced eventually with a newer, separate set, so don't act so shocked.

Also, just saying, I have a L66 elf with a two piece vanity set. I don't expect to be given a replacement elite item, I make do without it and respect those who had the dedication to cap at the time.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.