Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A new vanity helm for Humania L71 to replace COP?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    You said it yourself, they want to offer equal chances.

They gave you the equal chance to get it during the 56 cap, even if you didn't download the app. You had the equal chance to download the app and play. It's equality of opportunity, not flat out equality, something many people don't understand.

Yes, I do not have CoP and yes, we all had the chance to receive it during Sewers days and we all had the chance to get Founder's if we just played the game long enough.

But as this game has always been Pick-up-and-play format I do think that STS offers (almost) the same opportunities for the future gens to receive a set bonus.

Ofc I think that the CoP, SoH and MFA are more valuable than future vanity sets but I don't think ur suggestion would work out. I do not hate on u guys but it just sounds that everyone are so protective about their elite vanities.

This was going to happen, who cares when it did happen? Or have u been so oblivious that u thought there wouldn't be other elite vanity sets than this current one? No matter how this ends up, at least I am glad to have MFA and SoH not to mention u guys who have CoP as well. They are the signs that we have been here a long time. This all fuzzle sounds just so greedy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Unless its an elite Pumpkin vanity, I don't care about it.

-------AEO-------

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Yes, I do not have CoP and yes, we all had the chance to receive it during Sewers days and we all had the chance to get Founder's if we just played the game long enough.

But as this game has always been Pick-up-and-play format I do think that STS offers (almost) the same opportunities for the future gens to receive a set bonus.

Ofc I think that the CoP, SoH and MFA are more valuable than future vanity sets but I don't think ur suggestion would work out. I do not hate on u guys but it just sounds that everyone are so protective about their elite vanities.

This was going to happen, who cares when it did happen? Or have u been so oblivious that u thought there wouldn't be other elite vanity sets than this current one? No matter how this ends up, at least I am glad to have MFA and SoH not to mention u guys who have CoP as well. They are the signs that we have been here a long time. This all fuzzle sounds just so greedy.

It's not greedy.
    It's called watching greed.
    You want something we have.
    You are jealous, you have greed.
    It's not our greed that we got a CoP.
    Besides, when we grinded for CoP, we didn't even know about an Elite Vanity Bonus.
    We just got it.
    What we did know, is that we expected this CoP to be special.
    I didn't spend a few tens of hours of my life tapping my iPod for nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

And of course the vanities cannot be stashed... making them useless.

The whole idea of not being able to stash the elite vanities I've earned is ridiculous in itself. One of great fails of STS IMO.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

This will also give elite vanity set people a chance to get these sets on newer characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    And of course the vanities cannot be stashed... making them useless.

The whole idea of not being able to stash the elite vanities I've earned is ridiculous in itself. One of great fails of STS IMO.

I dont see it that way. The Elite Vanities are given as rewards to those players who have grinded to the end of Elite caps. If they could be transferred between characters, players, then the character has not earned the reward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

You say elite set. When are we denying people elite sets? My point is, what's the incentive for the hardcore full vanity set players to reach the cap now? Many will find it pointless and would therefore lessen platinum purchased because people don't need to grind?

You guys have an incentive, we don't.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

You say elite set. When are we denying people elite sets? My point is, what's the incentive for the hardcore full vanity set players to reach the cap now? Many will find it pointless and would therefore lessen platinum purchased because people don't need to grind?

So after u have already a full elite vanity set u don't have any reason to go for elite caps? People play PL for different reasons. Some might just like casual playing but I do enjoy taking a bit more "hardcore" route by going for Elite Caps. Even if I get to the lvl 71 cap, it won't affect my future playing. I am darn sure that I'll go for Elite Cap for every single time I am able to.

It's just about preferences - how we want to play the game. CoP will always stay as the most Elite elite vanity, but certain progress is necessary for every single game.

It's useless to argue about preferences since we think what we do think. We can't change them and this senseless argument is not going anywhere.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Would you have an incentive if the bonus stats were improved? If there were cooler looks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So after u have already a full elite vanity set u don't have any reason to go for elite caps? People play PL for different reasons. Some might just like casual playing but I do enjoy taking a bit more "hardcore" route by going for Elite Caps. Even if I get to the lvl 71 cap, it won't affect my future playing. I am darn sure that I'll go for Elite Cap for every single time I am able to.

It's just about preferences - how we want to play the game. CoP will always stay as the most Elite elite vanity, but certain progress is necessary for every single game.

It's useless to argue about preferences since we think what we do think. We can't change them and this senseless argument is not going anywhere.
    I'm saying the way this is slated, it would be detrimental to STS's sales. I did mention platinum, yes?

Nevertheless, I'm grinding, as I grinded for CoP when it offered no bonus when many others decided it wasn't worth the effort. I don't like how the old players are seeming to get the short end of the stick now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Would you have an incentive if the bonus stats were improved? If there were cooler looks?
    Yes, but if they were improved soley, then there still remains the issue of the CoP that many of us grinded forever for loses "value".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I'm saying the way this is slated, it would be detrimental to STS's sales. I did mention platinum, yes?
    But on the other hand, it would encourage new people to grind to elite cap if the elite vanity sets were the same, yes? We do not know the actual player rates but I assume that there are more freshies going for elite caps while it seems that majority of Oldies have been quitting. Not trying to promote the elite vanity sets to be all the same but just in theory.

Nevertheless, I'm grinding, as I grinded for CoP when it offered no bonus when many others decided it wasn't worth the effort. I don't like how the old players are seeming to get the short end of the stick now.
    Glad to hear that I might see u grinding to the top alongside with me

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Yes, but if they were improved soley, then there still remains the issue of the CoP that many of us grinded forever for loses "value".
    Then I guess the COP could be made stash-able and could be changed by the Fallen Prince to give separate stats and be not part of the vanity set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I thought these helmes were supposed to be vanity? To show off someone's hard work? The set bonus just a nice bonus for collecting the vanities. The new helm isn't even going to be the same one anyway, so COP is still unique. I get the feeling that some people feel like their entitled to an elite set just because they joined earlier, while new members who put in the same amount of work shouldn't get it.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Windwaiker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post
    I thought these helmes were supposed to be vanity? To show off someone's hard work? The set bonus just a nice bonus for collecting the vanities. The new helm isn't even going to be the same one anyway, so COP is still unique. I get the feeling that some people feel like their entitled to an elite set just because they joined earlier, while new members who put in the same amount of work shouldn't get it.
    That pretty much sums up the debate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Oh no! I'm not special anymore because someone can get the same stats that I have now! How will I have an advantage over people who started this game later than me now?! Now in pvp I may have to rely on my skills instead of just having better stats then people! How will people know how important I am and how long I've been playing now! Khhaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Oh no! I'm not special anymore because someone can get the same stats that I have now! How will I have an advantage over people who started this game later than me now?! Now in pvp I may have to rely on my skills instead of just having better stats then people! How will people know how important I am and how long I've been playing now! Khhaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!
    And that sums up one side of the debate quite well. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

But on the other hand, it would encourage new people to grind to elite cap if the elite vanity sets were the same, yes? We do not know the actual player rates but I assume that there are more freshies going for elite caps while it seems that majority of Oldies have been quitting. Not trying to promote the elite vanity sets to be all the same but just in theory.

Glad to hear that I might see u grinding to the top alongside with me

My point also is, I'm not denying people to have the new sets or elite sets, but why should others have to lose out? The elite set owners? It's like you saying, "Oh wait a cap so I can catch up! ". Doesn't make sense or seem fair to me. People were given the chance to get it, why is it our problem if they didn't take that chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

My point also is, I'm not denying people to have the new sets or elite sets, but why should others have to lose out? The elite set owners? It's like you saying, "Oh wait a cap so I can catch up! ". Doesn't make sense or seem fair to me. People were given the chance to get it, why is it our problem if they didn't take that chance?
    maybe they didn't have a chance. What about new players? People who grinding to cap get CoP were rewarded with a nice set bonus for over a year. Now it's time to put moar work in to get the new bonus. Personally, I don't think because u did something more than a year ago you should continue to have an advantage over others who never got the chance. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I'd like another chance please because I didn't want to put the effort in the first time. I didn't know CoP would offer stats! This isn't fair! *pouts*

Others should wait for me so I can catch up becaus I deserve it!