Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let’s SAVE pocketlegends the right way. And the only way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Exclamation Let’s SAVE pocketlegends the right way. And the only way.

Hi! I am itastemvp , and I have been playing pocket legends since it’s release ! Through out the years I have played and loved this game off and on. When pl ceased funding for expansions of pocketlegends during the 76 campaign a lot of players were upset. After a couple years a 77 extension was released and pl again flourished both in PVE and PVP. Shortly after pl was ruined with back to back updates and level expansions that they did not want nor ask for, but it was fun all the less. A couple things with wrong with the next few cap level raises whether it was disastrous pvp bugs, terrible drop rates, un finished sets due to the pieces not being in the game at all, to even just not being fun. Further more we reached the 100 campaign , perfectly perfected by cinco himself. The player vs player was phenomenal and the pve was very fair. A hard grind to hit the level cap but with a higher than normal drop rate of gear and crafting materials. With all that in mind, we can say the game was healthy and people were enjoying it. 105 cap raise was released and the game was still flourishing, and making a profit. The biggest issue pl has ever faced was the release of enchants, due to half of the player base only playing for the PVP aspect… I have watched countless , atleast slightly over 100 players quit due to this change.
    ————

Now for the real proposal. ❗️❗️
    pocket legends needs some love, and it needs it the right way.
    - I do not think pocket legends needs a new level cap, 110 is fine.
    - I do believe pocket legends does require a new campaign, even if it’s a remapping of an older campaign
    - with that being said -
    - I do believe if the campaign HUMANIA was remapped and revamped for level 110s to run, tons of players would return to the game.
    - also , to the keep the interest of the PvP players I would highly suggest to ‼️ LEAVE THE GEAR EXACTLY THE SAME STATS AS THE Lv70 Humania gear.
    -to add the biggest factor into this also ‼️ MAKE JUST THIS GEAR, NONE ENCHANTABLE‼️ - this is absolutely a must to keep player vs player active.

———————————————-

💢 a New campaign with no level extension , with unenchantable gear, and decent drop rate of gear and craft materials 💢
    - easy to do and requires little effort by developers -❗️❗️
    All I am asking is for STS DEVS to please consider this, for the game I love does not seem like it will make it past the next 6 months from what I am seeing in the game currently. Please take this seriously.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itastemvp For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itastemvp View Post
    Hi! I am itastemvp , and I have been playing pocket legends since it’s release ! Through out the years I have played and loved this game off and on. When pl ceased funding for expansions of pocketlegends during the 76 campaign a lot of players were upset. After a couple years a 77 extension was released and pl again flourished both in PVE and PVP. Shortly after pl was ruined with back to back updates and level expansions that they did not want nor ask for, but it was fun all the less. A couple things with wrong with the next few cap level raises whether it was disastrous pvp bugs, terrible drop rates, un finished sets due to the pieces not being in the game at all, to even just not being fun. Further more we reached the 100 campaign , perfectly perfected by cinco himself. The player vs player was phenomenal and the pve was very fair. A hard grind to hit the level cap but with a higher than normal drop rate of gear and crafting materials. With all that in mind, we can say the game was healthy and people were enjoying it. 105 cap raise was released and the game was still flourishing, and making a profit. The biggest issue pl has ever faced was the release of enchants, due to half of the player base only playing for the PVP aspect… I have watched countless , atleast slightly over 100 players quit due to this change.
    ————

Now for the real proposal.
    - I do believe pocket legends does require a new campaign, even if it’s a remapping of an older campaign
    - with that being said -
    - I do believe if the campaign HUMANIA was remapped and revamped for level 110s to run, tons of players would return to the game.
    - also , to the keep the interest of the PvP players I would highly suggest to LEAVE THE GEAR EXACTLY THE SAME STATS AS THE Lv70 Humania gear.
    -to add the biggest factor into this also MAKE JUST THIS GEAR, NONE ENCHANTABLE - this is absolutely a must to keep player vs player active.

———————————————-

a New campaign with no level extension , with unenchantable gear, and decent drop rate of gear and craft materials
    - easy to do and requires little effort by developers -
    All I am asking is for STS DEVS to please consider this, for the game I love does not seem like it will make it past the next 6 months from what I am seeing in the game currently. Please take this seriously.
    This is a great idea lets hope they actually do it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to holdmytalons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just let the game go. I think its time. It is always nice to remember the beautiful things about PL back in the days and I will always remember them but every game has to come to an end.
    Last edited by daysalalican01; 09-14-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

————

Now for the real proposal. ❗️❗️
    - with that being said -
    - also , to the keep the interest of the PvP players I would highly suggest to LEAVE THE GEAR EXACTLY THE SAME STATS AS THE Lv70 Humania gear.
    -to add the biggest factor into this also MAKE JUST THIS GEAR, NONE ENCHANTABLE - this is absolutely a must to keep player vs player active.

———————————————-

a New campaign with no level extension , with unenchantable gear, and decent drop rate of gear and craft materials
    - easy to do and requires little effort by developers -❗️❗️
    Hi Itastemvp, Shafti here

I think what you are implying is very biased to what you want versus what would actually incline the sales & marketing for the game.

I don’t understand a new campaign with no new cap. I do agree that enchantments made PL very P2W. However, I do see why Cinco did add that in. There isn’t much revenue in PL. There’s a handful of players and unfortunately it costs $$ to keep businesses profitable. I highly advise looking at it from a business standpoint versus what you think will revive PL.

It’s simple Supply & Demand. There’s not enough Supply to meet the Demands. Cinco has limited resources & im sure a lot of the STS staff has quit. You need Software Developers , Coders, etc to program these things into the game . Not only that, but you need $$ to market and advertise your app.

I understand you want to revive an app we all grew up playing. I do too. Cinco took too big of a time gap from 76-77 . He announced there will not be any more updates for PL. He made vanities tradable , including cap vanities. All that grinding ..early cap rewards .. for nothing.

There’s been too much damage done for the game to be resurrected. From a business standpoint & from an in game standpoint.

If you took the time to read this thx :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Relied For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Of course I took the time to read it. And it isn’t biased. And from a business stand point, this small vanity events that are being held won’t keep the game profitable when only a handful are spending money to do it. It isn’t EXCITING. When something is exciting , people are 100% more willing to participate in it. Pl needs something exciting, one final hoorah that literally doesn’t have to be anything new. Just simply remapping humania for a lv110 version, without making any changes to the stats on the gear. Just make it unenchantable gear. It’s something new for people to farm and to use in pvp free of enchantments. Regardless of enchants being pay to win, if people aren’t playing , no one is paying !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Relied View Post
    Hi Itastemvp, Shafti here

I think what you are implying is very biased to what you want versus what would actually incline the sales & marketing for the game.

I don’t understand a new campaign with no new cap. I do agree that enchantments made PL very P2W. However, I do see why Cinco did add that in. There isn’t much revenue in PL. There’s a handful of players and unfortunately it costs $$ to keep businesses profitable. I highly advise looking at it from a business standpoint versus what you think will revive PL.

It’s simple Supply & Demand. There’s not enough Supply to meet the Demands. Cinco has limited resources & im sure a lot of the STS staff has quit. You need Software Developers , Coders, etc to program these things into the game . Not only that, but you need $$ to market and advertise your app.

I understand you want to revive an app we all grew up playing. I do too. Cinco took too big of a time gap from 76-77 . He announced there will not be any more updates for PL. He made vanities tradable , including cap vanities. All that grinding ..early cap rewards .. for nothing.

There’s been too much damage done for the game to be resurrected. From a business standpoint & from an in game standpoint.

If you took the time to read this thx :-)

I do have to agree though that it is sad to see hundreds upon hundreds of hours wasted when the post was made about everything being tradeable. That was the real day PL died. That was a heart breaking and cruel move to make items that were exclusive and grinded for tradeable to anyone. Now with that being said, it still was those players options to trade / sale those items that they worked so hard for. But anyways, I’m just wanting to see the game alive one more time. I figured you’d be supportive being that I see you on regularly, that tells me this game is still apart of your life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Of course I took the time to read it. And it isn’t biased. And from a business stand point, this small vanity events that are being held won’t keep the game profitable when only a handful are spending money to do it. It isn’t EXCITING. When something is exciting , people are 100% more willing to participate in it. Pl needs something exciting, one final hoorah that literally doesn’t have to be anything new. Just simply remapping humania for a lv110 version, without making any changes to the stats on the gear. Just make it unenchantable gear. It’s something new for people to farm and to use in pvp free of enchantments. Regardless of enchants being pay to win, if people aren’t playing , no one is paying !
    Pocket legends was released all around the times of our youth. PL’s player base during release were primarily 11-25 years of age. We didn’t have responsibilities back then so we played PL. Years go by and then Cinco said “Ok guys no more updates , PL is done.” Majority of that player base quit, started their career , and moved on. Lets say in fact that Cinco takes your advice and does it all. Remaps Humania, no enchantments (which is biased because some people actually love enchantments), and so on and so forth. How will Cinco advertise PL to a NEW player base. Where will Cinco get this funding to increase STS Revenue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I do have to agree though that it is sad to see hundreds upon hundreds of hours wasted when the post was made about everything being tradeable. That was the real day PL died. That was a heart breaking and cruel move to make items that were exclusive and grinded for tradeable to anyone. Now with that being said, it still was those players options to trade / sale those items that they worked so hard for. But anyways, I’m just wanting to see the game alive one more time. I figured you’d be supportive being that I see you on regularly, that tells me this game is still apart of your life!
    I enjoy playing PL because it’s what I grew up playing lol. Im one of the few “OG’s” that knew what it was like to take my mom’s credit card so I could purchase Balefort Castle map versus it being all free. I was with PL at the very very very beginning. I login only because I still have friends who play it too. It’s more of a family / friendship type. I’ve grown bonds and it’s our way of connecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I enjoy playing PL because it’s what I grew up playing lol. Im one of the few “OG’s” that knew what it was like to take my mom’s credit card so I could purchase Balefort Castle map versus it being all free. I was with PL at the very very very beginning. I login only because I still have friends who play it too. It’s more of a family / friendship type. I’ve grown bonds and it’s our way of connecting

indeed

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks for your feedback, enchants do absolutely nothing to help you in PVE, especially with the god tier pets in game now. And enchants have never gotten good feed back from a PvP stand point. Ever. And plus this update would be to bring back to players that me and you both know, still have this game downloaded. This isn’t so much to gain a new player base, rather regain what was lost to keep it profiting enough to keep going. Remapping / recolor costs nothing. It’s already there. I went on the announcements and noticed “events” are steady. It’s just a quick way to make a couple hundred bucks from the loyals dumping plat to be “NUMBER 1!” For a reward that means nothing . A title . Lol. But like I said, this is my last and final attempt to give an idea to help PL stand strong for atleast another couple years, if nothing changes in pl, the game isn’t lasting more than 6 months. The same 15 people are logged in everytime I’m on, and that’s it. 15-30 people online at one time, that’s so low it’s insane.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Itastemvp For This Useful Post:

dmt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Thanks for your feedback, enchants do absolutely nothing to help you in PVE, especially with the god tier pets in game now. And enchants have never gotten good feed back from a PvP stand point. Ever. And plus this update would be to bring back to players that me and you both know, still have this game downloaded. This isn’t so much to gain a new player base, rather regain what was lost to keep it profiting enough to keep going. Remapping / recolor costs nothing. It’s already there. I went on the announcements and noticed “events” are steady. It’s just a quick way to make a couple hundred bucks from the loyals dumping plat to be “NUMBER 1!” For a reward that means nothing . A title . Lol. But like I said, this is my last and final attempt to give an idea to help PL stand strong for atleast another couple years, if nothing changes in pl, the game isn’t lasting more than 6 months. The same 15 people are logged in everytime I’m on, and that’s it. 15-30 people online at one time, that’s so low it’s insane.
    agreed

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Make a 115 cap, Limit the gear to no enchants, Yes these sets will have to be stronger than the mythic/arcane ones we have so people are forced to use them. However make them not enchantable, That will make balancing easier and people can complain less about it. Further into the 115 topic, the removal of Honors needs to happen. It does not help that we have 2 completely different pvp systems at endgame, It needs to be limited back to Arena and CTF to prevent splitting the already slim player base.

"Never mess with a man that can end you, from a different zip code."-Sniper

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FFA View Post
    Make a 115 cap, Limit the gear to no enchants, Yes these sets will have to be stronger than the mythic/arcane ones we have so people are forced to use them. However make them not enchantable, That will make balancing easier and people can complain less about it. Further into the 115 topic, the removal of Honors needs to happen. It does not help that we have 2 completely different pvp systems at endgame, It needs to be limited back to Arena and CTF to prevent splitting the already slim player base.
    Yeah that’s main focus , just new content for the PVE fans to farm, with non enchantable gear for the PVP players to enjoy. It’s the perfect median for the game. And is how it always should be . Or just point blank don’t allow enchants in pvp. Leave enchants in the game just prevent it from having effects in pvp. It’s so simple and just keeps the mass of the player base happy . The little events every now and again are always cosmetic and offer no real incentive to continue to play the game .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Like they care lol game is dead

Poslano sa mog JNY-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FFA View Post
    Maybe make the new sets/gears like Valentines Set, make the stats low and balance for PvP and just add bonus additional stats that only works for PvE? (though in this way all previous sets must be adjust too). If enchantments need to stay, then it should be adjusted/nerf, like there should be a limit per level. Skills, specially the buffs and debuffs maybe needs to adjust too in % instead of exact numbers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    Maybe make the new sets/gears like Valentines Set, make the stats low and balance for PvP and just add bonus additional stats that only works for PvE? (though in this way all previous sets must be adjust too). If enchantments need to stay, then it should be adjusted/nerf, like there should be a limit per level. Skills, specially the buffs and debuffs maybe needs to adjust too in % instead of exact numbers.
    Not a bad suggestion, but the main focus here is to keep it simple ‼️‼️ Not a bunch of coding that’ll have to be done. Just a simple remake of humania for lv110 or lv115, gear stats the same, just adjust the level to 110 and maybe recolor some things , and make the gear non enchantable . Or just make the uncrafted sets none enchantable and the crafted sets can still be enchanted ! That way pvpers can enjoy pvp with non craftable sets but still farm materials to craft the gear to be able to enchant !!‼️‼️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

‼️ Edit to original post for BIASED views‼️‼️ The uncrafted 3 and 4 piece sets could remain unenchantable FOR pvp purposes , where the crafted sets could be enchantable, for PVE and pvp matters respectively. So that people who still enjoy enchant pvp could do so. ‼️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I understand everyone has different views concerning the revival. What everyone has said so far makes sense as far as business/revenue go. The main thing I have noticed for PL would be the Events. The events are actually very fun and engaging, not to mention people do drop money on Platinum for quicker or easier access to Vanity items. Yes, you have to grind for a weapon or something to complete items but honestly it has to make 110's get into the game somehow. The way I see it many level 110's will stand around on ship not wanting to farm because it's work to grind. But if you throw in some type of incentive like that during an event they have no choice. The only issue I have with other 110's is their ghosting smaller level players because they want to do runs solely with other 110's with a DPS no less than 15k. It's annoying and causes elixirs to be wasted because time is of the essence. I happen to like Titles because it shows a sort of "bragging" or status indicator if you will. The Events that the majority of the players come back to by the hundreds or possibly thousands would be the Holiday Events and of course the Birthday Event. Trust me I see it every time fall comes around, and yes people do spend money in real life like crazy for items or to obtain tickets (myself included). The only downside is scalpers that spend platinum buy anywhere from 5 or 20 items at a time and list so cheap there isn't much gold profit to make to keep climbing for your own goals in the game. There are rumors of players sitting on Billions in gold and staying that way that hurts the PL economy. I have been playing on/off since 2010 and consistent now for 3 years straight. In all honesty I think in order to revive the game a new campaign in the map would be a good thing, a new cap to 115 or 120, and of course new items for the cap either Mythic or even super cool would be a full Arcane set. The biggest factor in Pocket Legends would be the nostalgic return you get from players and although the player base seems small, it's still has new players coming in and out of the game. The PvP aspect never interested me and right now I see a few players begging for a PvP match. Though if you dont have the right gear then dont bother lol. Usually new players can hardly find anything to help them starting out let alone anything useful for a PvP.
    As long as this game stays I will always keep coming back. I really enjoy the game and I am not a lazy 110. I grind and help frequently as I can if RL doesn't keep me busy. The Events are seriously where it's at. They are immersive and fun. I see a few things in the game that need to be changed, but you have to remember to think of new players, middle players, high level players, and veterans of PL and what could appeal to all those categories; it's just not simple. The needs are spread out and far too different. No matter what, nothing will truly please anyone. But what is for certain is the potential PL has. That's never went away. It's what we all want or hope for.
    Forgive all errors on the post because I am on mobile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxySG View Post
    I understand everyone has different views concerning the revival. What everyone has said so far makes sense as far as business/revenue go. The main thing I have noticed for PL would be the Events. The events are actually very fun and engaging, not to mention people do drop money on Platinum for quicker or easier access to Vanity items. Yes, you have to grind for a weapon or something to complete items but honestly it has to make 110's get into the game somehow. The way I see it many level 110's will stand around on ship not wanting to farm because it's work to grind. But if you throw in some type of incentive like that during an event they have no choice. The only issue I have with other 110's is their ghosting smaller level players because they want to do runs solely with other 110's with a DPS no less than 15k. It's annoying and causes elixirs to be wasted because time is of the essence. I happen to like Titles because it shows a sort of "bragging" or status indicator if you will. The Events that the majority of the players come back to by the hundreds or possibly thousands would be the Holiday Events and of course the Birthday Event. Trust me I see it every time fall comes around, and yes people do spend money in real life like crazy for items or to obtain tickets (myself included). The only downside is scalpers that spend platinum buy anywhere from 5 or 20 items at a time and list so cheap there isn't much gold profit to make to keep climbing for your own goals in the game. There are rumors of players sitting on Billions in gold and staying that way that hurts the PL economy. I have been playing on/off since 2010 and consistent now for 3 years straight. In all honesty I think in order to revive the game a new campaign in the map would be a good thing, a new cap to 115 or 120, and of course new items for the cap either Mythic or even super cool would be a full Arcane set. The biggest factor in Pocket Legends would be the nostalgic return you get from players and although the player base seems small, it's still has new players coming in and out of the game. The PvP aspect never interested me and right now I see a few players begging for a PvP match. Though if you dont have the right gear then dont bother lol. Usually new players can hardly find anything to help them starting out let alone anything useful for a PvP.
    As long as this game stays I will always keep coming back. I really enjoy the game and I am not a lazy 110. I grind and help frequently as I can if RL doesn't keep me busy. The Events are seriously where it's at. They are immersive and fun. I see a few things in the game that need to be changed, but you have to remember to think of new players, middle players, high level players, and veterans of PL and what could appeal to all those categories; it's just not simple. The needs are spread out and far too different. No matter what, nothing will truly please anyone. But what is for certain is the potential PL has. That's never went away. It's what we all want or hope for.
    Forgive all errors on the post because I am on mobile.
    Cinco implemented honor pvp so we don’t have to spend fortunes on mythic sets and enchanting etc. honor pvp is that middle ground. We don’t need to spend fortunes on a set, and it’s fun to play ( for some ) .

The honest truth is that PL is dead and it won’t ever go back to its glory days. Keep in mind how many people have brought their suggestions to the table. “Cinco should do this, Cinco should do that.” It’s been years and the game is still dead. Just enjoy what is left, and find something new

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Cinco implemented honor pvp so we don’t have to spend fortunes on mythic sets and enchanting etc. honor pvp is that middle ground. We don’t need to spend fortunes on a set, and it’s fun to play ( for some ) .

The honest truth is that PL is dead and it won’t ever go back to its glory days. Keep in mind how many people have brought their suggestions to the table. “Cinco should do this, Cinco should do that.” It’s been years and the game is still dead. Just enjoy what is left, and find something new

I get it , we should move on. But it’s hard to when the developers never give us a definite answer. Let’s be honest here, pl players ask and ask and ask and make suggestions. But we never get answers. We ask about a new cap and get no answer, and then boom randomly, a month later , here’s an event. Does that answer our question? Is the game not dead cause cinco added an event? Who knows! It never gets answered. But they aren’t going to give us an answer about a new cap etc etc because they can make a couple thousand dollars in plat sales off events.