Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Equipment Procs: Shared Equipment Cooldowns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'll admit that a couple of years back I did not properly respect how disruptive the "proc stacking" meta would become in PvE. So far it has led to the creation of a 'best' class, driven a toxic between players and wrecked our plans for balanced content. I knew enough back then to keep it from further upsetting PvP but failed to correct the problem before it became part of how Warriors (and yes, others) view the fun-factor of combat.

I don't think it's the intention of Warrior class advocates but the negative comments underscore why this change absolutely needs to happen. Like every MMO game AL needs to promote class inter-dependence, not one independently superior class. I am committed to improving game balance and fixing the problems of the past. My intention is not to revert to 'rogue legends,' but to address inequities between my beloved classes.

Unfortunately, the first step down this path is this important change to the "proc stacking" meta.
    so this is due to the warrior's imbalance
    Wouldn't it be better to weaken the ultimate / skull aegis / skull axe?
    Obviously the warrior can only eliminate high level bosses after activating the procs and using his ultimate
    because warriors only kill spiders / boss in evg only with proc + ultimate

Nerf /delete x6 str ultimate?
    It is the only way to kill bosses in nvg wave +60/evg/mau 5-6, you can check it if you enter the game or search for a video on yt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inozuke View Post
    we are already in 81 leave that map behind for god
    Friend for God, get what I'm telling you, have wisdom, we all already left behind evg and more of us who are from the s1 simply that many will use that map to break record or farm with gl and from this map towards maps higher than lvl 76 It would be difficult for a war and a wizard and the pt of war, wizard and rog would be a bit difficult to pass the maps 76+.

Mr bobaso

Enviado desde mi SM-A013M mediante Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    The another war that have good/positive mind, why the other cannot act like that.
    Are you comedy me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boss807 View Post
    Are you comedy me?
    What???????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'll admit that a couple of years back I did not properly respect how disruptive the "proc stacking" meta would become in PvE. So far it has led to the creation of a 'best' class, driven a toxic between players and wrecked our plans for balanced content. I knew enough back then to keep it from further upsetting PvP but failed to correct the problem before it became part of how Warriors (and yes, others) view the fun-factor of combat.

I don't think it's the intention of Warrior class advocates but the negative comments underscore why this change absolutely needs to happen. Like every MMO game AL needs to promote class inter-dependence, not one independently superior class. I am committed to improving game balance and fixing the problems of the past. My intention is not to revert to 'rogue legends,' but to address inequities between my beloved classes.

Unfortunately, the first step down this path is this important change to the "proc stacking" meta.
    Why not create something better for rogues instead of going back “old school way” thats why games needs to be unique, give them a badass weap that they can switch on. Reverting back the old ways dont help at all. How is the game going to evolve? Your intention is not to revert back to “rogue legends” but here you are doing it! Like be creative. Because of this proc stacking people are able to make combos, thats what makes this game unique. If you guys reverting back like the old way then what makes this game unique? Be creative just because rogues are useless in 76 doesnt mean we had to go back to a 1 dimensional gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ikoc2 View Post
    Friend for God, get what I'm telling you, have wisdom, we all already left behind evg and more of us who are from the s1 simply that many will use that map to break record or farm with gl and from this map towards maps higher than lvl 76 It would be difficult for a war and a wizard and the pt of war, wizard and rog would be a bit difficult to pass the maps 76+.

Mr bobaso

Enviado desde mi SM-A013M mediante Tapatalk
    It is normal that it is more difficult but I prefer that to see warriors doing instakill

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just straight to the point, most wars are crying because they lost so much gold in a sudden
    Im a war myself and im crying cus i hv invested a lot of golds in my gears.
    Just take example, the glint went instantly from 50m to like 10m, doz aegis hit 5m too.
    That becomes a problem because most of wars have spent countless hours probably just to get good gears in hand and thats f up
    Anyone want to give a refund huh
    I cant agree more if the system got changed it it what it is, but my hard work lost in a sudden

Sent from my CPH2113 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Best changes of all time nice job :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

We have made changes that will affect "proc stacking" and restore an important measure of balance that has been missing from Arcane Legends lately.

In simple terms: proc cooldowns for a particular gear slot will now be shared.

Here's an example. Let's say I have two (2) weapons, Weapon A and Weapon B. I'm fighting with Weapon A and it procs. I switch to Weapon B. Weapon B will not proc until the cooldown of Weapon A has expired.

We considered (and developed and tested) myriad ways of addressing the balance impact of "proc stacking," and felt that this approach is the most fair.

I invite your criticism, questions, comments and concerns ;-)

Best wishes!
    R.I.P evg lb runners, it’s been a good time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Thanks for screwing the wars cinco. Just tried ur bs. Whats the point of hotbars again? U guys just killed the best thing that happens in the game “proc stacking”.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #471
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharmx View Post
    Thanks for screwing the wars cinco. Just tried ur bs. Whats the point of hotbars again? U guys just killed the best thing that happens in the game “proc stacking”.

With all due respect, it was a lousy exploit that I let fester too long. You don't need to rely on it. You're better than that.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

With all due respect, it was a lousy exploit that I let fester too long. You don't need to rely on it. You're better than that.
    Its not just about fester, its about the creativity of combos. The uniqueness the was brought with it. It Just killed an entire class. I thought hotbars are there so we can switch weaps while the previous proc is active. But this right here just killed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Didnt even know that the new term for creativity of combos is exploit. Have a nice day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abebiabeso View Post
    Just straight to the point, most wars are crying because they lost so much gold in a sudden
    Im a war myself and im crying cus i hv invested a lot of golds in my gears.
    Just take example, the glint went instantly from 50m to like 10m, doz aegis hit 5m too.
    That becomes a problem because most of wars have spent countless hours probably just to get good gears in hand and thats f up
    Anyone want to give a refund huh
    I cant agree more if the system got changed it it what it is, but my hard work lost in a sudden

Sent from my CPH2113 using Tapatalk
    It is so true. Expansion without economy collapsed. Look at the auction price now, i already see economy collapsed, and the wealth dropped for those paid high for secondary weapon (aegis, gun, bow).
    If the proc stacking is the problem, why don’t we limit the number of weapons stack. Like 2 weap or 3 weap or only 3 procs stack in the same character no matter weap or armor. The proc system brings a new era and improvement to the game. Play style too is changed in all classes as they would learn how to timing proc and changing hotbars fast enough. The hotbar system released also is a great support to a new game play style.
    IGN: Pyroflame/Forerunnerr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Any chance we can get the same system implemented in pvp? I just tested it and we still can't switch weapons. Proc or no proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroflame View Post
    It is so true. Expansion without economy collapsed. Look at the auction price now, i already see economy collapsed, and the wealth dropped for those paid high for secondary weapon (aegis, gun, bow).
    If the proc stacking is the problem, why don’t we limit the number of weapons stack. Like 2 weap or 3 weap or only 3 procs stack in the same character no matter weap or armor. The proc system brings a new era and improvement to the game. Play style too is changed in all classes as they would learn how to timing proc and changing hotbars fast enough. The hotbar system released also is a great support to a new game play style.
    They wont. Whatever the rogues playing style needs to be the same with all class. Since cinco is a rogue guy anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

@Cinco Why no remove bow + dag n gun + staff??? Its the same of aegis + axe

Enviado de meu SM-A205G usando o Tapatalk

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #478
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

A little off-topic here, but I wanted to let you know that I've noticed something important about this thread. Something that makes it distinct from previous 'nerf response' threads. You're all being very constructive. I expected that I'd be dropping the ban hammer all day for death threats, crazy personal attacks and rampant profanity. Very glad to say that I was wrong.

In my opinion, attacking my decisions as stupid and game-killing, class-killing, etc. are entirely valid and are in no way toxic. There really is no other way to express extreme displeasure. It is meaningful and (while maybe a lil salty) it's constructive. It's my job to make these kinds of decisions and it's my job to deal with the human consequences (and the business effects as well, obviously). And this instance has shown me that the community sentiment has changed for the better, or at least the much more mature.

Anybody know what I mean when I say "GCD?" If you're not up with ancient Pocket Legends forums lore: about ten years ago we had to nerf that game in a very similar way. When PL originally launched players could invoke all twelve (12) of their class skills at the exact same time - just by laying hands on the skill portion of the screen. Proc stacking has nothing on this utterly game-killing 'feature' of PL. We had to change the game to include a "global cool down" for skills, meaning that each skill had to be fired off individually. The outcry over this was, and is, the greatest outrage of all Spacetime nerfs. Of course, the game survived this change, and was better for it... but that's not my point.

My point is... thanks. That's all.

Now back to it :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

A little off-topic here, but I wanted to let you know that I've noticed something important about this thread. Something that makes it distinct from previous 'nerf response' threads. You're all being very constructive. I expected that I'd be dropping the ban hammer all day for death threats, crazy personal attacks and rampant profanity. Very glad to say that I was wrong.

In my opinion, attacking my decisions as stupid and game-killing, class-killing, etc. are entirely valid and are in no way toxic. There really is no other way to express extreme displeasure. It is meaningful and (while maybe a lil salty) it's constructive. It's my job to make these kinds of decisions and it's my job to deal with the human consequences (and the business effects as well, obviously). And this instance has shown me that the community sentiment has changed for the better, or at least the much more mature.

Anybody know what I mean when I say "GCD?" If you're not up with ancient Pocket Legends forums lore: about ten years ago we had to nerf that game in a very similar way. When PL originally launched players could invoke all twelve (12) of their class skills at the exact same time - just by laying hands on the skill portion of the screen. Proc stacking has nothing on this utterly game-killing 'feature' of PL. We had to change the game to include a "global cool down" for skills, meaning that each skill had to be fired off individually. The outcry over this was, and is, the greatest outrage of all Spacetime nerfs. Of course, the game survived this change, and was better for it... but that's not my point.

My point is... thanks. That's all.

Now back to it :-)
    No wonder why nobody knows about pocket legends

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckycharmx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Kids mad cuz they paid 70m for glint aegis