Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Direct criticism on AL no toxicity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Default Direct criticism on AL no toxicity

1. Cinco your game is limiting everyone to 1 class 1 weapon the same gear same this and that. It is no fun removing the proc system, the proc stack system was what made AL fun when it was introduced back in 2019. We had to sit there and learn what goes with what until we mastered it and once we mastered it we got better and better it was super fun when proc combos got added. Pve was a whole new game changer it was faster paced and my point here is that theres 2 types of fast paced games.
    Path of Exile vs AL. AL you can not dodge attacks, without damage you are stuck not even moving around just spamming skills until 1 mob is dead not fun vs with proc combos speed kill running maps which is fun. Path of Exile you go deeply into player build when fighting a boss you are teleporting around the map moving at all times; constantly thinking while your adrenaline is rushing hoping you don't die in that 20min boss fight. Potofgreed showed me a PoE boss fight its intense.
    Fix your weapons nerf them boost other weapons so they are freely used allow proc combos.

2. You have all of these arcane and mythic weapons from old expansions that nobody uses because they suck so those weapons become dust. Revamp these weapons to be useful in any level and bring them back into the game. Everyone says they care about new players, but disabling proc stacking and making it where 1 weapon is only usable aka lv 86 arcane as the most op. That 1 weapon will be so expensive that little to no one will have it. Bringing back old weapons and making them more op allows for more diverse game play and a more open weapon market to those new players.

3. Cinco. You have 407 pets in AL! Four hundred and seven pets. Thats a huge quantity to choose from but whats not a huge quantity is the amount of pets that are actually used by players which is around 5% of that 407. You pay real money to your art team to design these pets you then take them put them into your game with bad stats and aa so no one uses them. They exist to rot in the stable, one of the first arcane pets named Nekro is still favored and used by many players to this day so why not the weapons?

4. If you release swamp temple with everyone using the same gears then there is no big point difference; everyone will have very close less than 1000 point differences. All of your leaderboards are now back to rogues only, Evg, Hydra, Orrick, Planar, Etc.

5. Vote system, add a vote system in AL for future plans; whats more accurate than asking your players on what they want? Nothing is, your community wants your game to be successful but they can't do that if what the devs do hurts them and never ask them for their option. Arcanite fields had only 300~ people vote when you have thousands of players on the game. Let people lv 76+ vote so there isn't a monarchy.

6. Let your player community help you with stuff, there are a lot of people who dissect this game and learn as much as possible and many of those people if you gave them the chance would go out and freely help you with improving the game at no cost of any type of rewards.

Remember when evg first came out with a solo lb and we all said theres no way a war can solo past wave 5 then now we got wars with 1m+ pts wave 50+. We couldn't even pass wave 25 as a 4 person group when it came out. Its fun to learn stuff and figure out things on your own.
    There is a lot to change in AL, gears, pets, store, economy, game play, and more.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Do want to also mention warriors were never tanks and never will be. Back then tanks always were threatened to be reported for joining a rogs map they were cursed out there were rogs going into maps and ignore listing every war they see.
    In a pve map if I got a rog or mage behind me and I trigger enemies infront of me those enemies run past me and go kill my team mates because they are weaker. They are taking the hits and not the warrior. In honor pvp tanks get nuked by rogs so easily, when honor came out warriors would get ONE SHOT by rogues. Wasn't the definition of a tank class "high health player who can intake a lot of damage" yet 1 rog skill one shots him. Hmm.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Weapon variety is sorely lacking in Arcane Legends and my plans for 81 address this. Hopefully you'll find them enjoyable! :-)

Asking players to up vote a fix for an exploit is not in the best interest of the game. Admittedly, the proc stacking meta originally seemed like a harmless alternative use of the loadout system but it's become a serious impediment to balance and Design planning. I admit that I should have addressed the gear swap proc stacking long ago :-/
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

As long as you allow diverse game play I am fine, I do not wish to see every one doing the same thing as if we were robots with the same code process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Lets be honest, I am a mage and i didn't really get affected by this
    but i am just really sad that this got removed as i feel like
    hotbar switching really adds to the gameplay and made this game
    a lot more than just, spam skill...
    Over 2 years is enough time to feel like it's already a part
    Of this game
    Just like if one day league of legends suddenly say that people can only have
    one accessory, yes that's still playable but will it be more enjoyable?

Anyways, hopefully the new map is harder and there will be more than
    Just me and my 4 abilities
    Last edited by Irg; 09-16-2021 at 09:00 AM.

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Irg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Weapon variety is sorely lacking in Arcane Legends and my plans for 81 address this. Hopefully you'll find them enjoyable! :-)

Asking players to up vote a fix for an exploit is not in the best interest of the game. Admittedly, the proc stacking meta originally seemed like a harmless alternative use of the loadout system but it's become a serious impediment to balance and Design planning. I admit that I should have addressed the gear swap proc stacking long ago :-/
    Can we have different playstyle that will allow us to use also other older weapons?

So to not make them completely useless at least

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smokedboy; 09-16-2021 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedboy View Post
    @Cinco

Cinco already posted above

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Cinco already posted above

Sorry, didn't notice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts

Older weapons aren’t supposed to remain useful in higher maps. New players need the gears to play their intended levels.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Man we waited 2 years all for this :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Older weapons aren’t supposed to remain useful in higher maps. New players need the gears to play their intended levels.
    New players can't afford those weps at the start, its fine to keep them at their lvl but boost them to be usable at any lvl. So if a new player hits lv 81 instead of not being able to afford a lv 81 arcane they can buy a dragon sword for 2m and it be op at 81. Sts just has to bring them back quantity wise and increase stats.
    Richer players can go through each we and pick which one the like the most to use for fun.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

New players can't afford those weps at the start, its fine to keep them at their lvl but boost them to be usable at any lvl. So if a new player hits lv 81 instead of not being able to afford a lv 81 arcane they can buy a dragon sword for 2m and it be op at 81. Sts just has to bring them back quantity wise and increase stats.
    Richer players can go through each we and pick which one the like the most to use for fun.
    +10000 agree

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

You know as well as i do that it wont be this way. If old mythic/arcane weapons start being useful in the future expansions, their price will boom just as much as it did for tb and glint aegis. Its simply not logical to have lvl 31/46/56 weapons used in 81+ expansions.

Trimis de pe al meu VOG-L29 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZZTop View Post
    You know as well as i do that it wont be this way. If old mythic/arcane weapons start being useful in the future expansions, their price will boom just as much as it did for tb and glint aegis. Its simply not logical to have lvl 31/46/56 weapons used in 81+ expansions.

Thats why I specifically say to increase the quantity of them so that prices don't rise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

1. Cinco your game is limiting everyone to 1 class 1 weapon the same gear same this and that. It is no fun removing the proc system, the proc stack system was what made AL fun when it was introduced back in 2019. We had to sit there and learn what goes with what until we mastered it and once we mastered it we got better and better it was super fun when proc combos got added. Pve was a whole new game changer it was faster paced and my point here is that theres 2 types of fast paced games.
    Path of Exile vs AL. AL you can not dodge attacks, without damage you are stuck not even moving around just spamming skills until 1 mob is dead not fun vs with proc combos speed kill running maps which is fun. Path of Exile you go deeply into player build when fighting a boss you are teleporting around the map moving at all times; constantly thinking while your adrenaline is rushing hoping you don't die in that 20min boss fight. Potofgreed showed me a PoE boss fight its intense.
    Fix your weapons nerf them boost other weapons so they are freely used allow proc combos.

2. You have all of these arcane and mythic weapons from old expansions that nobody uses because they suck so those weapons become dust. Revamp these weapons to be useful in any level and bring them back into the game. Everyone says they care about new players, but disabling proc stacking and making it where 1 weapon is only usable aka lv 86 arcane as the most op. That 1 weapon will be so expensive that little to no one will have it. Bringing back old weapons and making them more op allows for more diverse game play and a more open weapon market to those new players.

3. Cinco. You have 407 pets in AL! Four hundred and seven pets. Thats a huge quantity to choose from but whats not a huge quantity is the amount of pets that are actually used by players which is around 5% of that 407. You pay real money to your art team to design these pets you then take them put them into your game with bad stats and aa so no one uses them. They exist to rot in the stable, one of the first arcane pets named Nekro is still favored and used by many players to this day so why not the weapons?

4. If you release swamp temple with everyone using the same gears then there is no big point difference; everyone will have very close less than 1000 point differences. All of your leaderboards are now back to rogues only, Evg, Hydra, Orrick, Planar, Etc.

5. Vote system, add a vote system in AL for future plans; whats more accurate than asking your players on what they want? Nothing is, your community wants your game to be successful but they can't do that if what the devs do hurts them and never ask them for their option. Arcanite fields had only 300~ people vote when you have thousands of players on the game. Let people lv 76+ vote so there isn't a monarchy.

6. Let your player community help you with stuff, there are a lot of people who dissect this game and learn as much as possible and many of those people if you gave them the chance would go out and freely help you with improving the game at no cost of any type of rewards.

Remember when evg first came out with a solo lb and we all said theres no way a war can solo past wave 5 then now we got wars with 1m+ pts wave 50+. We couldn't even pass wave 25 as a 4 person group when it came out. Its fun to learn stuff and figure out things on your own.
    There is a lot to change in AL, gears, pets, store, economy, game play, and more.

1. It made it fun for you maybe, but I don't think you're speaking for everyone here. For me fun is when each boss has a different mechanic and we use a different strategy for each boss, rather than using the same skill spamming hotbars vs everything. For others, the fun might be in something completely different.

2. New players are supposed to buy every single weapon to be useful in end game. Now they can just buy one and they'll be fine. It's better for them. The best weapon should be expensive anyway, it has always been before the proc stacks, and we all survived it.

3. Agree with this one. The majority of pets is just useless filler.

4. The point difference will be settled by skill, which I think was the actual point of the event. Not $$$.

5. Disagree with this, but if I say why then I might sound offensive so I'll just keep it simple.

6. I'm sure they already take our feedback seriously when it's 'constructive' and not based on our personal wishlist.

The proc-stacks going away is a good thing. Makes it way easier for STS to design new things, since they won't have to worry if some random combination of obsolete weapons will ruin their plans. We already have other items which have OP procs such as Armors, Belts, Artifacts and Pendants, and I'm sure there will be even more items with good procs in the future, so we can always use different combinations of items to get our desired results.
    Retired

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thats why I specifically say to increase the quantity of them so that prices don't rise.

Okay, and how would you do that without more outrage? especially for 31-56 since they are a bit more expensive and 46 is decently common and still obtainable. It just simply doesnt make sense to go through all that trouble for items that were never supposed to be used after their expansion was over. I dont know one mmo where people use underleveled gear while still being useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

F stacking of procs devs could've used the ebon aegis nerfing into this than removing stacking completely , Nerf every arcane weapons every level of map

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Will there be a day when you don't cry? Accept it for God, they worked months for a just balance since they were all going to be magicians or warriors, leaving aside the rogues, you think you are very professional and you do not know anything just because you were always at war, you know. You don't see how it moves in the other classes in the slightest (don't show off your top again as an answer, that's irrelevant and you look ridiculous doing it)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Inozuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inozuke View Post
    Will there be a day when you don't cry? Accept it for God, they worked months for a just balance since they were all going to be magicians or warriors, leaving aside the rogues, you think you are very professional and you do not know anything just because you were always at war, you know. You don't see how it moves in the other classes in the slightest (don't show off your top again as an answer, that's irrelevant and you look ridiculous doing it)
    I want you to explain in great detail as to why everyone in the game using the same exact gear, pets and skills with no open to new game play style is ok. Give me details instead of coming at me saying "bla bla cry baby."

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post: