Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage procs are stacking, intended?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Alright thanks, it means I don't have to buy Gun to be effective, right?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    U still need a gun, especially for single targetted bosses. Frankly speaking, mages are still capable of nuking bosses even after the change.

Its just that some people are overreacting like as if mage class died when they haven't tested it out yet.

Before (1874int, 51bd): https://youtu.be/xwfn7Rmvp5k

After (1850int, 97bd): https://youtu.be/uakJyboEIPM

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-18-2021 at 02:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    U still need a gun, especially for single targetted bosses. Frankly speaking, mages are still capable of nuking bosses even after the change.

Its just that some people are overreacting like as if mage class died when they haven't tested it out yet.

Before (1874int, 51bd): https://youtu.be/5o-guBRY5dc

After (1850int, 97bd): https://youtu.be/f0VTvqdAzz8

Thanx, appreciated.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Before (1874int, 51bd): https://youtu.be/5o-guBRY5dc

After (1850int, 97bd): https://youtu.be/f0VTvqdAzz8

I tried with 1225 Int, 85 BD (5.5k base damage) doesn't melt as fast as you do lol.

Your 2 videos doesn't make a difference it could be the direct result of your high Int and high base damage even when you only use one weapon it is still melting.

For average mage stat I think it still significantly impacted the damage output when the stacking is removed. You don't seem to rely on bd but rather pure Int stats and singular set proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    I tried with 1225 Int, 85 BD (5.5k base damage) doesn't melt as fast as you do lol.
    BD alone wont make the cut when your base dmg is low. Since your base dmg amplifies your gear proc multipliers, not only your BD.

The stats u have is below average, with a median of just 12bd with no int% per gear piece.

Your 2 videos doesn't make a difference it could be the direct result of your high Int and high base damage even when you only use one weapon it is still melting.
    It seemed like it, but only cuz I've got almost twice the BD now, and some more Int from attribute points.

For average mage stat I think it still significantly impacted the damage output when the stacking is removed. You don't seem to rely on bd but rather pure Int stats and singular set proc.
    The perfect balance between BD and Int still prevails over pure BD or pure Int alone.

I've got a seperate 2.1k int/21bd gun layout which performed less than my mixed set.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-18-2021 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

BD alone wont make the cut when your base dmg is low. Since your base dmg amplifies your gear proc multipliers, not only your BD.

The stats u have is below average, with a median of just 12bd with no int% per gear piece.

It seemed like it, but only cuz I've got almost twice the BD now, and some more Int from attribute points.

The perfect balance between BD and Int still prevails over pure BD or pure Int alone.

I've got a seperate 2.1k int/21bd gun layout which performed less than my mixed set.

Ye bro for us (I would assume myself and other average built mage has similar stats and base dmg) the update will be more obvious to us in terms of how we previously have melted boss. Basically what I'm saying is a fairly decent BD + proc stacking has replaced the need for op stats and yet still have relatively high dmg output, but now with the update this is no longer possible, hence the outcry.

"Its just that some people are overreacting like as if mage class died when they haven't tested it out yet." So I don't think the mages here are overreacting lol. We really feel the difference without stack.

P.S. Not really relevant but this is same for my war as well. I have ridiculously low STR like 1.2k ish too xd but the combo allows me to melt mobs and spiders still and cut boss hp by 1/4 even without the 6x str ulti
    Last edited by Analytical; 09-18-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

You can only proc gun first and then staff..... If you proc staff first it won't proc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Ye bro for us (I would assume myself and other average built mage has similar stats and base dmg) the update will be more obvious to us in terms of how we previously have melted boss.

So I don't think the mages here are overreacting lol. We really feel the difference without stack.
    I had just tested it with your aforementioned stats, and it performed on par with what the other mages were doing before the change, stats similar to yours.

Hmu with your Ign, I would like to see what you're referring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I had just tested it with your aforementioned stats, and it performed on par with what the other mages were doing before the change, stats similar to yours.

Hmu with your Ign, I would like to see what you're referring.

What do you mean on par? You saying no difference before update & after update?

What I did exactly:
    After update - Because proc no longer stacks, so I proc staff first then switch to BD gun with the rest of the BD set. I do somehow see the hp bar reducing but not as quickly as what you did.

Before update - When I proc gun first, the debuff along with the staff dmg resulted in greater dmg output so I could more see the melting process much more obviously and rapid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

What do you mean on par? You saying no difference before update & after update?

What I did exactly:
    After update - Because proc no longer stacks, so I proc staff first then switch to BD gun with the rest of the BD set. I do somehow see the hp bar reducing but not as quickly as what you did.

Before update - When I proc gun first, the debuff along with the staff dmg resulted in greater dmg output so I could more see the melting process much more obviously and rapid.
    I've just read your revision in your previous msg. And no. The ourcry mostly came from how it now destroyed the diversity of strategies and combo's. Performance wise, mages are still on par with the damage they did before.

Obviously, hitting power is lessened, as that was the objective of the change. But that doesn't mean you can't melt bosses anymore, which is where the exaggeration lie.

Atmost, hitting power mages do against bosses is lessened by 20-25% of whatever damage they were doing prior, so they are still pretty much melting the boss now, unless you were referring to killing it with one blow like in the video. As that affected me too. Procs were still on going for another 2s before the change, which could've done 120-130% of bosses hp if it was increased, but now procs wear down same time boss dies.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-18-2021 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

I've just read your revision in your previous msg. And no. The ourcry mostly came from how it now destroyed the diversity of strategies and combo's. Performance wise, mages are still on par with the damage they did before.

Obviously, hitting power is lessened, as that was the objective of the change. But that doesn't mean you can't melt bosses anymore, which is where the exaggeration is.

Atmost, hitting power mages do against bosses is lessened by 20-25% of whatever damage they were doing prior, so they are still pretty much melting the boss now, unless you were referring to killing it with one blow like in the video. As that affected me too. Procs were still on going for another 2s before the change, which could've done 120-130% of bosses hp if it was increased, but now procs wear down same time boss dies.

"Its just that some people are overreacting like as if mage class died when they haven't tested it out yet"
    "ourcry mostly came from how it now destroyed the diversity of strategies and combo's"

From the above you seem to have implied the outcry came from:
    1. Mages who did not test their performance in terms of dmg output and yet complain and react negatively.
    2. Mages who are concerned with weapon diversity diversity and strategy.

By outcry I'm tieing back to the first reason you mentioned not from the whole of what I have read nor am I referring to your 2nd reason.
    (For now I'm not discussing about the weapon variety strategy part, maybe for another day)

Here I'm justifying the outcry for the first reason as they might have thought they will no longer melt boss after the update, albeit a bit exaggerating but understandable. Which is what I was trying to show in my comparison above.

To be honest I would not call my current performance (along with other average mages alike) as "melting" but more of just doing basic damage. And no definitely not refering to the blow in the video, not even relevant to us average mages smh -_-

Put this simply, decent stat is no longer helpful, mages now need a fairly high Int stat over bd awake to efficiently run map as before. Not everyone can afford Int and BD combo. So putting that aside leaves us with pure Int awake which is itself quite costly to begin with. Averagely-built mages now may very likely have to choose to either sell all their bd and change completely to Int or investing addtional gold into Int which doesn't necessarily promise better return given that new arcanes will be arriving in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

@Ilovepoo As of now I'm looking at how average mages can now still make good use of their bd set without selling it after this recent update, personally the best I could do is proc staff then switch to bd gun and bd set and I didnt find the result/performance to be satisfactory/necessary at all (in terms of soloing)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

@Ilovepoo As of now I'm looking at how average mages can now still make good use of their bd set without selling it after this recent update, personally the best I could do is proc staff then switch to bd gun and bd set and I didnt find the result/performance to be satisfactory/necessary at all (in terms of soloing)
    I mean, if you feel like it has significantly reduced your hitting power, I suppose that's good news for the team, because that's how they want mages to perform now against single target enemies.

That also means that those who suffered the most from the changes were the lower and middle classes, who were unable to cope with their financial and power losses with the sudden turn of events, whereas the most well-equipped and wealthy... fared well and barely noticed a difference on these maps.

Obviously, if you fix how class roles should behave but don't fix the map and gear design accordingly, it favors the class with the most independence. Which is exactly whats happening right now, and last time.

Now, I'd like to see those aoe's from Ebon/Duggar daggers removed..