Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is it "balanced" now?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It's a process... They needed to nerf it for future updates it's one nerf out of many to come in order to balance the game

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shakedrubin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Everybody calm down. All classes will be adjusted, multi proc changed warriors (maybe something else is coming), and i am sure there is something planned for our terminators and mages too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    Everybody calm down. All classes will be adjusted, multi proc changed warriors (maybe something else is coming), and i am sure there is something planned for our terminators and mages too.
    Mages will get buffed, rogues will most likely stay the same and warriors will get adjusted! I just wish they gave us more information of what they’re planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Why do you think Cinco is going to rework mage? You’re an imbecile, like talking to rock over here. Lmao dragon staff was and is garbage, same with immo staff and the balanced staff XD, what are you talking about?
    Dragon staff, immo staff, balanced staff and flame staff were so good all 4 got nerfed.

Why would you nerf something that is, as you say "garbage" , and nerf it, specificly for mage only, flame daggs and sword didnt get nerfed, same for dragon stuff, etc.

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kolpertis_333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Aside from the lack of combo varieties are, the stacking change should've taken place until those arcane weapons and balance changes were introduced, because that leaves the purpose of Warriors and Mages idling for the meantime.

The concept of boss phases looked nice on paper, but it had gotten tedious and repetitive really quickly, as all the three cyclical maps are similar to that of Hydra's and Orrick's layout designs - not to mention how rogue dependent all these cyclical maps are.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Aside from the lack of combo varieties are, the stacking change should've taken place until those arcane weapons and balance changes were introduced, because that leaves the purpose of Warriors and Mages idling for the meantime.

The concept of boss phases looked nice on paper, but it had gotten tedious and repetitive really quickly, as all the three cyclical maps are similar to that of Hydra's and Orrick's layout designs - not to mention how rogue dependent all these cyclical maps are.
    I heard that mage can still proc gun + staff, did they remove it or is it still here? In the original thread people are just arguing so idk xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Partially agreed with the timing of proc stacking update - a later announcement of the stacking proc removal may mean more people suffer from the loss. From a developer perspective, they need time to test new arcanes and balanced changes on new map mechanics. From a player perspective, you can't just expect most if not all wars/mages to suddenly be able to afford level 81 arcanes when they are introduced. So the longer time lag is thus justifiably necessary, although it may be an unpleasant experience sitting with high budget gears not being able to farm much gold/loot effectively.

Personally, among the three special bosses, I find it fun to play the octopus boss, as it seems to have much more mechanics involved as compared to orick/ekenda boss. Agreed with the repetitiveness of ekenda boss for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Partially agreed with the timing of proc stacking update - a later announcement of the stacking proc removal may mean more people suffer from the loss. From a developer perspective, they need time to test new arcanes and balanced changes on new map mechanics. From a player perspective, you can't just expect most if not all wars/mages to suddenly be able to afford level 81 arcanes when they are introduced. So the longer time lag is thus justifiably necessary, although it may be an unpleasant experience sitting with high budget gears not being able to farm much gold/loot effectively.

Personally, among the three special bosses, I find it fun to play the octopus boss, as it seems to have much more mechanics involved as compared to orick/ekenda boss. Agreed with the repetitiveness of ekenda boss for sure.
    The lack of a total structure ruined it. Its just bosses upon bosses in those cyclical maps where you stay in just this one room.

The boss phases are just there to add some time to complete, because it would literally take 3s if there were none, but its easily countered once you understand it, feels like a waste of time.

It also nullifies the point of some of our skills from the lack of mobs.

Although subjective, Mausoleum is an example of good map design and mechanics, where this map had a good balance of mobs with a variety of debuffs (orbs, aim shots, curse, bombs) + mini bosses + gold rooms along the way.

The total randomness and increased difficulty as you progressed the floors really made it challenging and not boring at all. But If only they had just nerfered these mage weapons early on.

However, the first 4 maps were pretty fun, especially the last 2 maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolpertis_333 View Post
    I heard that mage can still proc gun + staff, did they remove it or is it still here? In the original thread people are just arguing so idk xd

No you can not. They were either doing it before the update (which was shortly fixed cpl hrs later), or errors in testing.

I've tested this myself where I dropped a clock with 10 incoming mobs + FB, then spam my gun on boss until it proced, switch back to staff (which should instantaneously proc), but it does not.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-19-2021 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

The lack of a total structure ruined it. Its just bosses upon bosses in those cyclical maps where you stay in just this one room.

The boss phases are just there to add some time to complete, easily countered once you understand it, but it just feels like a waste of time.

Although subjective, Mausoleum is an example of good map design and mechanics, where this map had a good balance of mobs with a variety of debuffs (orbs, aim shots, curse, bombs) + mini bosses + gold rooms along the way.

The total randomness and increased difficulty as you progressed the floors really made it challenging and not boring at all. But If only they had just nerfered these mage weapons early on.

I feel it may not be fair to compare the special bosses with mausoleum map. Possible reason could be they might have gotten inspiration from vardan valley (cyclical bosses) combined with twilight expansion. So if we look from this perspective, the end result is actually pretty decent. We don't have unnecessarily arduous map like mausoleum, yet we have 4 interesting and distinctive expansion maps along with the cyclical bosses.

That said, if we actually merge both the 4 expansion map with the 3 special bosses, then it may be comparable. Imo the 4 expansion maps are longer and arguably more fun to play.

As for the randomness and increased difficulty I do agree maus expansion was pretty well developed in that regard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I am just going to sit back and laugh when these rogs who support the nerfing of wars come back to these forums crying because lv 81 arcanes will cost too much for them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Who are these rogues you speak of? STS made the decision to correct various flaws present and yet you are trying to now start issues with people because of their class?? Please let’s get back to when friends regardless of class matter and remember why we enjoy playing AL. I don’t know why you are trying to cause drama ..I don’t know you but I take objection to your comment..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    Who are these rogues you speak of? STS made the decision to correct various flaws present and yet you are trying to now start issues with people because of their class?? Please let’s get back to when friends regardless of class matter and remember why we enjoy playing AL. I don’t know why you are trying to cause drama ..I don’t know you but I take objection to your comment..
    Not starting an issue with anyone, I am a rogue my self. What I am referring to is that when you make every player go to the same class you will have super rich wars and mages go to rogue class so when that class is filled with people and that 81 arc comes out then everyone will want to get their hands on it meaning the price will be super high. People will complain about high prices as they did before. I just wonder if sts will do something before it becomes worse.
    Everyones switching to rogue right now, compare sunk vest price to chasmal. Dug dag was 35m now its over 40m easily.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Encryptions; 09-19-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

The boss phases are just there to add some time to complete, because it would literally take 3s if there were none, but its easily countered once you understand it, feels like a waste of time.

No you can not. They were either doing it before the update (which was shortly fixed cpl hrs later), or errors in testing.

I've tested this myself where I dropped a clock with 10 incoming mobs + FB, then spam my gun on boss until it proced, switch back to staff (which should instantaneously proc), but it does not.

Actually you can still proc staff after gun but not the other way around. But it is useless as the new maps only consists of boss and no mobs to recharge ulti. And mage and war are kinda useless to single targets without ulti.

Sts expecting "BALANCE" by including the three important maps with only bosses and no mobs. Talk about irony huh?

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    Actually you can still proc staff after gun but not the other way around. But it is useless as the new maps only consists of boss and no mobs to recharge ulti. And mage and war are kinda useless to single targets without ulti.

Sts expecting "BALANCE" by including the three important maps with only bosses and no mobs. Talk about irony huh?

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    My bad, it took me several attempts to be able to replicate. It'll even be more unlikely due to the lack of mobs in these maps.

And, yes, I completely agree that this will not restore balance. Aside from not being able to benefit from atleast 2 weapon procs, it rendered several skills and ultimates obsolete. What a representation of diversity, huh?

I'll stay tuned when these new arcane gears be released, and by then it'll only take 2 seconds for 4 rogues or so to kill it. How fun and challenging!

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 09-19-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

No mobs just bosses are the new significant maps.
    Rogues were already needed and not wars.

But you guys had to screw the warriors mainly by changing the one thing that helped clear mobs. (The only use of warriors) .

Mages come in between.
    It was already balanced if you ask me.
    If you made EVG only boss map then there would be no war in that zone. Wars were needed to clear mobs.
    Either you must have reduced damage dealt to rogs/mages or buffed their stats /added synergistic proc stack weapons for other classes.
    Yet,

Your punishing a class for your map design and putting blame on an proc stacking that was let be in game for 2 years and when everyone worked their asses off to buy the gear they can do something with, you kill it.

What do you say to people who bought plat and converted it into gold to buy gears and actually play the game .. Do you also want us to put all gold into a vanity and not play a single map .

Stop screwing your player base this cruelly please. +who actually farm/spend to work for what they showed us to get RIP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I see alot of people angry because they don't dominate maps anymore and no one has to beg them for pt, now you guys actually need rogs and you probably enraged every rogue you know with your evg biases and can't find any to party that are up to your "op" standards.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Msrobinsonal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

War isn't even that bad after nerf if you can stack skull axe+chasmal armor+keep arti+valley pendant. I have about 4.3k dps base and still tear through everything in new maps if procs from all the slots overlap. War with ulti+all procs can still shred bosses. The idea of having "warriors" to begin with was high armor/health, not doing op damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

War also still has pull from tb/66 myth sword procs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphurea View Post
    Sorry but the last part is a huge lie. No, rogues couldn't find good pt at all. If all was good, a friend war would do some runs or in random you may find a decent war, otherwise the difference in terms of farmed gold was ridiculous. A war or mage could farm 15/20m per evg open, a rogue if very lucky maybe 4. Today i farmed the new maps and i Always, always had war and mage with me, especially in rahakbor map war is needed, more or less we all farmed same gold. I'm sorry yall butt hurted to not feel the emperor of the world anymore but can't have all, armor dmg etc etc and then playing the victims all time. Expansion is out from few days, we endured the previous situation for months, i am sorry you guys can't solo anymore and need others to do the map but that's exactly how rogues and mage feel so enjoy the "human condition" too

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
    didnt see bigger BS. I was rog few months ago and i could ez farm 10m most pts was 1war 2rogs 1mage

Išsiųsta naudojantis Redmi Note 5 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Is it hate rogue season again? My it does come round quick.
    It doesn't seem that long ago when the mages held a "Blue Lives Matter" campaign and rogues were vilified then.
    I run with any class because that's what we should do, not start arguing or leaving maps when it suits.
    Rogues were left out of evg and to be honest, I was glad because it was boring hiding behind a wall watching a warrior twirling around for hours.
    The expansion is good, we have brilliant maps again so let's all be friends and enjoy the experience together.
    P.S. Anyone else die a lot in the new maps? I've used a load of ankhs.
    Have a nice day.😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Is it hate rogue season again? My it does come round quick.
    It doesn't seem that long ago when the mages held a "Blue Lives Matter" campaign and rogues were vilified then.
    I run with any class because that's what we should do, not start arguing or leaving maps when it suits.
    Rogues were left out of evg and to be honest, I was glad because it was boring hiding behind a wall watching a warrior twirling around for hours.
    The expansion is good, we have brilliant maps again so let's all be friends and enjoy the experience together.
    P.S. Anyone else die a lot in the new maps? I've used a load of ankhs.
    Have a nice day.😊
    Thats not true.

Rogues weren't left out.
    Dps was needed rog/mag apart from 1 warrior.

All time 1 war was prepared and the next war enters is made to leave so it's 1 war and 3 dps.
    75% dps and guess what rogues are dps.

So what you are implying if rogues were left out was that weak rogues were left out.
    That applies to all classes and is general and not to rogues alone.

Or if you imply to 3x mages + 1 warrior is op. Yes it could be and was that was proved by high geared mages and war in a party.
    Not everyone has the luxury to go full bd and arc full gear with proc item swap.

Rogues were there in evg and were farming as much as any class did and were doing significant damage to spiders and boss.

But try to play evg now without a class that cannot clear waves with ease.
    Just because someone leaves a map dosent mean they think that one class if three is totally worthless. There's many factors to that.