Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE REAL REASON FOR THE PROC NERF!!!(try to read before deleted)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default THE REAL REASON FOR THE PROC NERF!!!(try to read before deleted)

Ok, so i want to firstly mention that, i do not care if i get banned on forum, just dont perma ban. Secondly i want to make the community aware of how sts doesnt care about the opinion of the community and only care about profits(before the post is deleted duhh). And lastly how their plan is going to backfire. So ill try to make it short.

So if it isn't obvious to some of you yet, the new proc nerf adjustment isn't just an "exploit" as sts claims, if it were it should have been removed long ago instead of out of the blue. The reason for it is purely commercial ill briefly explain

The hidden agenda:

So, sts' main profit is from people opening locked crates. And by not nerfing the current proc system, people would just go evg and not even play new maps and wouldn't care opening the new locks for new arcanes as they are already doing well. So in order for people to open more locks, this was implemented. Not to bring "balance" as they claim.

How its going to backfire:

Well not going to say much, people are gonna lose interest in game as diversity is dead and would backfire in the long run

What is probably going to happen in the future :

So as people are alreary "triggered" by the proc nerf update, what sts is going to do is by the time new arcane weaps are introduced(2weapons), sts are going to "listen to the opinion of the people" and make the proc limit to 2 weapon probably. But it should be clear why that is also implemented not exactly "in favour of the community " eh?. And going to gradually nerf the gold drop of evg so as to focus on the new maps.

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to worshipped For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Why are you so intent on creating these drama threads? Why would we want to keep farming all the old maps anyway!? I’ve played AL a long time and I long for progression not repetition. This constant preoccupation with the past is not good for progress..you call it a ‘hidden agenda’ …I doubt that any profit making business needs to hide their purpose for securing capital. Do you think this game would continue without making a profit? Remember this is a game…don’t let your emotions get the better of you and cloud your judgment. I prefer to wait and see what happens, if I don’t like the game then I’ll move on or take a break …remember the old saying ‘you can’t please all of the people all of the time’ and this is particularly relevant when talking about progression. Let’s wait and see..we have a new expansion and let’s try to enjoy it!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    Why are you so intent on creating these drama threads? Why would we want to keep farming all the old maps anyway!? I’ve played AL a long time and I long for progression not repetition. This constant preoccupation with the past is not good for progress..you call it a ‘hidden agenda’ …I doubt that any profit making business needs to hide their purpose for securing capital. Do you think this game would continue without making a profit? Remember this is a game…don’t let your emotions get the better of you and cloud your judgment. I prefer to wait and see what happens, if I don’t like the game then I’ll move on or take a break …remember the old saying ‘you can’t please all of the people all of the time’ and this is particularly relevant when talking about progression. Let’s wait and see..we have a new expansion and let’s try to enjoy it!
    What you said is fine.
    But as you said... Who are they pleasing now by removing proc stacking?

It's no one, it's an unwanted move after people got not just accustomed but paid $$$ for awakening / looting /buying so much of gear for the warriors for sole purpose of being competitive.
    Wheres the justice to that when no one is getting pleased by this move. There's some huge hidden reason behind this probably the new arcane and business point of view.
    I rest my case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Illuminati

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to according For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    What you said is fine.
    But as you said... Who are they pleasing now by removing proc stacking?

It's no one, it's an unwanted move after people got not just accustomed but paid $$$ for awakening / looting /buying so much of gear for the warriors for sole purpose of being competitive.
    Wheres the justice to that when no one is getting pleased by this move. There's some huge hidden reason behind this probably the new arcane and business point of view.
    I rest my case.
    People loosing their gold is sad, but its not the first time that meta had changed and people lost a bunch of gold, for example zhulong, he used to be 130m, now its trash, nekro was 100m, now not that useful. Also with luck, people spent 50m gold on lucky pet many years ago (50m then is like 500m now) and then luck became useless.

We all know proc stacking was incredibly broken, no class should be able to solo "the strongest" boss in the game in 5 seconds or kill 50 mobs in 5 seconds, thats ridicilous.

If something is broken, it needs to be fixed. Im gonna take call of duty for example, if there is a broken gun in the game, its gonna get nerfed, and when it does get nerfed you dont see anyone complaining on forums "dude i spent $500 on a skin for that gun and now its useless"

Nerfs and buffs are a part of every game, and if something gets nerfed / buffed, there is a reason for it.

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    Ok, so i want to firstly mention that, i do not care if i get banned on forum, just dont perma ban. Secondly i want to make the community aware of how sts doesnt care about the opinion of the community and only care about profits(before the post is deleted duhh). And lastly how their plan is going to backfire. So ill try to make it short.

So if it isn't obvious to some of you yet, the new proc nerf adjustment isn't just an "exploit" as sts claims, if it were it should have been removed long ago instead of out of the blue. The reason for it is purely commercial ill briefly explain

The hidden agenda:

So, sts' main profit is from people opening locked crates. And by not nerfing the current proc system, people would just go evg and not even play new maps and wouldn't care opening the new locks for new arcanes as they are already doing well. So in order for people to open more locks, this was implemented. Not to bring "balance" as they claim.

How its going to backfire:

Well not going to say much, people are gonna lose interest in game as diversity is dead and would backfire in the long run

What is probably going to happen in the future :

So as people are alreary "triggered" by the proc nerf update, what sts is going to do is by the time new arcane weaps are introduced(2weapons), sts are going to "listen to the opinion of the people" and make the proc limit to 2 weapon probably. But it should be clear why that is also implemented not exactly "in favour of the community " eh?. And going to gradually nerf the gold drop of evg so as to focus on the new maps.

What's the point of buying a new arcane weapon if you're going to solo everything in seconds with the items you already have?
    What's the point of playing a game if everything is done without any effort like it was happening in the last 2 years?

If proc stacks were working in this expansion too, what sort of proc should the new arcane weapons have for them to be useful? Maybe 100% immunity from the shark and green pools? Or 10X damage, so you could stack it with the 5x and make it 50x?

Why is it so hard to use any logic for the majority of players in this game?
    Retired

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Well it is a business of course they plan to make a profit. But I don't think you are right about why they did it, obviously there are better ways they could have done it, Ebon aegis is a good example, they gave fair warning that it would eventually be near useless and now it pretty much is, But obviously nerfing every individual weapon/armor etc that gets released would end up being to time consuming and would annoy people anyways so why bother lol.

I still think proc stacking was fun but this was inevitable.

I would like some variation of it to maybe return in the future with new and better gears, as long as the new gear is actually better than the old and all classes are needed in maps I am happy.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

In my opinion they kept the proc stacking bug because Vardan Valley was such a shallow and boring expansion they just decided it's one of the few entertaining aspects so why not?

That's at least my theory. When you run out of options, you have to exhaust what's available i guess?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    What's the point of buying a new arcane weapon if you're going to solo everything in seconds with the items you already have?
    What's the point of playing a game if everything is done without any effort like it was happening in the last 2 years?

If proc stacks were working in this expansion too, what sort of proc should the new arcane weapons have for them to be useful? Maybe 100% immunity from the shark and green pools? Or 10X damage, so you could stack it with the 5x and make it 50x?

Both sides have valid points and @kolpertis agreed with everything you have said.

Im just saying that proc stacking should be reworked, make it weaker than before.. Makes the game dynamic and timing plays a role which is fun .

Add proc stacking rog / mage new gear.

And a few valid points from my side...

1) Hotbars released and monetised(The craze was Not for pets and potions.. Uk that)
    2) Let this meta slide for 2 years with awake events in between wherein players spent tons on gear which is garbage now.
    3)Calls balance between all classes to pull this off when the very core of each and every weapon is unbalanced with awake slots (1-4 slots).
    Remember how they killed the balance themselves with pet slots and then awakening system. (Reason : wants people to move to endgame. ) I get it there's a million reasons.

4) no heads up, no compensation.

Finally i would like to point out that this does not compare to the eggs and other examples you have pointed, although makes sense... But this is an entire class and equipments and awakes / time / money invested in everything... So u get the point.. It affects a lot lot more than eggs or skins . (And mind you there were lots of warriors)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Both sides have valid points and @kolpertis agreed with everything you have said.

Im just saying that proc stacking should be reworked, make it weaker than before.. Makes the game dynamic and timing plays a role which is fun .

Add proc stacking rog / mage new gear.

And a few valid points from my side...

1) Hotbars released and monetised(The craze was Not for pets and potions.. Uk that)
    2) Let this meta slide for 2 years with awake events in between wherein players spent tons on gear which is garbage now.
    3)Calls balance between all classes to pull this off when the very core of each and every weapon is unbalanced with awake slots (1-4 slots).
    Remember how they killed the balance themselves with pet slots and then awakening system. (Reason : wants people to move to endgame. ) I get it there's a million reasons.

4) no heads up, no compensation.

Finally i would like to point out that this does not compare to the eggs and other examples you have pointed, although makes sense... But this is an entire class and equipments and awakes / time / money invested in everything... So u get the point.. It affects a lot lot more than eggs or skins . (And mind you there were lots of warriors)

I'm not really going to talk about the lost gold of players since it's very subjective. Some have lost more, some less, but this has happened before with many other things too. Although STS probably could have done some notice a few weeks earlier, I assume the result still would've been the same; prices of things would've still dropped like they did, maybe just a few hours slower. Honestly, don't think there would have been a big difference if they announced the changes earlier.

As for keeping the proc-stacks in weaker versions, maybe that's up to STS to decide how they would do it, and maybe if they come up with a good solution it might be worth trying. However, I think the biggest issue that people have is not really the proc-stacks themselves, but the fact that Warriors are significantly weaker without them compared to Rogues, and maybe even Mages. The difference in damage output is clear now, Rogues are way too strong, Mages are somewhere in between if they use their things in the right way, and Warriors are pretty much very slow in killing anything. As expected, the new maps don't really make any use of the class roles, they're more focused into killing us instantly, but a warrior still dies just like a Rogue or Mage, and that's a shame.

Maybe STS should reconsider how those pools affect the classes? Maybe a Warrior should be able to spawn some pools of their own, and if a DPS class stays near the Warrior they would get some safety from the enemies? That way a Warrior would be slightly more useful and worth a party slot. This probably won't happen, but it's just one way to make warriors useful. The other option would be to wait for new weapons and until January (since Cinco said that's when we would start to notice class differences more), but that's definitely way too long considering people are really impatient, and honestly can't blame them since Rogues and even Mages would be too far ahead until then.

Another option would be to nerf Rogues, and that way they wouldn't be able to finish everything in 30 seconds, so they would need some support from other classes. I'd rather nerf only one class than buff everything else TBH. Expecting some angry replies for this one huhuhu.
    Last edited by arcanefid; 09-19-2021 at 02:05 PM. Reason: e_e
    Retired

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Because we are not as smart as you are. You should hold a class on maybe the weekends.

Teach all us nabs how to play Blade Runner style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kolpertis_333 View Post
    People loosing their gold is sad, but its not the first time that meta had changed and people lost a bunch of gold, for example zhulong, he used to be 130m, now its trash, nekro was 100m, now not that useful. Also with luck, people spent 50m gold on lucky pet many years ago (50m then is like 500m now) and then luck became useless.

We all know proc stacking was incredibly broken, no class should be able to solo "the strongest" boss in the game in 5 seconds or kill 50 mobs in 5 seconds, thats ridicilous.

If something is broken, it needs to be fixed. Im gonna take call of duty for example, if there is a broken gun in the game, its gonna get nerfed, and when it does get nerfed you dont see anyone complaining on forums "dude i spent $500 on a skin for that gun and now its useless"

Nerfs and buffs are a part of every game, and if something gets nerfed / buffed, there is a reason for it.

yea, but this gun in cod will be nerfed during idk 2 weeks? not 2 years like with proc mehanics which just people discovered that u can do this thing and its super usefull
    Last edited by Cyganbezraczek; 09-19-2021 at 02:16 PM. Reason: to correct
    100% vodka guild

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyganbezraczek View Post
    yea, but this gun in cod will be nerfed during idk 2 weeks? not 2 years like with proc mehanics which just people discovered that u can do this thing and its super usefull
    Time needed to nerf something is not important, at the end its completely the same thing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Because we are not as smart as you are. You should hold a class on maybe the weekends.

Teach all us nabs how to play Blade Runner style.
    I love people like you that just ignore everything smart someone says and just reply towards the only controversal topic in the comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    The hidden agenda:

Honestly find it amusing it took you so much drama threads to finally see this.

Just to name a few:
    The vardan valley expansion,
    Increased gold cap & most importantly,
    The very introduction of gold loot

is to stimulate a healthy inflation (at least in principle, not gonna go down the rabbit hole) to drive the economy for people to spend more. The good thing about inflation, at least in the developer's perspective, is that when things get expensive, you need to play the game N x more (depending on how much times the inflation multiplier is) to buy the same thing. I would keep this short. For example bullion used to be 30m, now you gotta farm gold approximately 2 x more to get it. (ofc excluding the possibility that bullion prices may have been manipulated, I'm using this as a simple example to illustrate my point) This means more time spent playing the game or chances of you sticking to the game longer is consequently higher.

In fact you can already see more people spent hours & hours in this game just to farm enough gold to buy what they want. Back in the days when gold loot isn't available, relatively speaking, less hours were spent farming locks or loot because we were never guaranteed a loot per say. Now with gold loot, people can estimate how much they are earning and therefore willing to put in 5-10+ hours just to make 4-5m or, for the wealthier players, up to 10-15m per evg opens.

Have exactly the same thought!

Maybe STS should reconsider how those pools affect the classes? Maybe a Warrior should be able to spawn some pools of their own, and if a DPS class stays near the Warrior they would get some safety from the enemies? That way a Warrior would be slightly more useful and worth a party slot. This probably won't happen, but it's just one way to make warriors useful. The other option would be to wait for new weapons and until January (since Cinco said that's when we would start to notice class differences more), but that's definitely way too long considering people are really impatient, and honestly can't blame them since Rogues and even Mages would be too far ahead until then.

Another option would be to nerf Rogues, and that way they wouldn't be able to finish everything in 30 seconds, so they would need some support from other classes. I'd rather nerf only one class than buff everything else TBH. Expecting some angry replies for this one huhuhu.
    Interesting, I like your suggestion for warrior but well for the rogue part.... hahhaha

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Never seen the point in proc stacking, never done it myself but seems like it will be better for the game with it gone

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Preview For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kolpertis_333 View Post
    I love people like you that just ignore everything smart someone says and just reply towards the only controversal topic in the comment.

Just pointing out the obvious. we need a class to teach us. Maybe we can be Arcane black belts someday too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I apologize but how can we conclude something like this? Even STS never stated such a thing. I think that this kind of thing will only damage the community and it is not good to carry out slander like this. Sorry but I agree with the rebalance that has been done by STS, we just need to be patient and grateful. There's no need to create drama, provoke and slander these kinds of things I know that everyone is free to have an opinion and criticize but isn't it bad for us to slander?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

another option would be to nerf rogues, and that way they wouldn't be able to finish everything in 30 seconds, so they would need some support from other classes. I'd rather nerf only one class than buff everything else tbh. Expecting some angry replies for this one huhuhu.
    i kill the life off your face! You die twice in 3 places!
    ReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeName:  6F6D9DB5-1100-491F-A0C9-E9EC19B0D747.png
Views: 372
Size:  31.9 KB
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The devs calling ‘proc stacking’ a bug is just joke. Two years this has been in the game, and now it’s just conveniently removed without any warning as soon as the expansion rolled up. Did it balance the game? Absolutely it did, but people are missing the critical point here which is HOW the change was done.

The manner in which STS implemented this update is dirty. No advance warnings to us players (no voting poll nor anything to voice out opinions). Players who have spent REAL money on gears to be competitive basically got screwed over by this update. To add salt into injury, STS is not even giving out compensations for them. If you do not see the problem here, then something is wrong with you.

Players who spent thousands of dollars in this game already left (including me) because we are so disgusted in how all our investments was just thrown down the drain with a click of a button. Sooner or later, people will realize what happened. For now, I am no longer giving support to the game and have officially uninstalled the app from my phone.

And I agree with most of what the OP stated. It’s all about money at this point.

I’ll probably get banned for stating the truth because of the censorship here.