Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2021-09-21 Content Update (286522)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EpicX View Post
    Sorry but I think this update would have been better once the 81 arcanes or a more powerful mythic set would have launched.

Speaking from a mediocre- just slightly better than the average mage perspective, the new expansion maps are already difficult to clear (op mages with ridiculous int or boss damage please don't quote this lol). The Ekenta map was easy I agree so the buff on that boss is ok imo, compared to other maps. But those other maps have a regen once the bosses receive certain amount of damage making it impossible to instakill them. The op teams will have no difficulty since they used to annihilate the boss easily before the bosses even reach regen cd. So, the buff wasn't really needed? This just results in longer runs and more ankhs wasted and more remapping and more people leaving at the fail of first try. I can only now imagine people will truly discriminate warriors. Not gonna lie, I would prefer rogues in team compared to warriors for these maps.

Disclaimer to the OP people of forum who like to argue on anything without bringing facts but speculations: This is just an opinion of mine, based on the experience I've faced in game. Other mages' experience and opinions may differ.
    You have a valid point on the timing of this update although I wouldn't completely agree. This is a public forum, so I hope you had already expected different opinions when you posted your disclaimer. So, if it interests you, feel free to read on if not, no hate here, I'm gonna share what I have experienced as well.

Speaking as an average mage too, with only 1,25k INT, 5k dmg, 5k armor:
    Before this update - I could literally solo the mobs in new map (with the help of double elixirs ofc to boost my dmg)
    After the update - Still, massive dmg to mobs but I couldn't tank long enough for the mobs to die from that dmg, similar amount of dmg was dealt to me if the mobs are not controlled by pet aa or some other control proc. So i die more often, that's when I saw the need for proper warrior.

"More people leaving at the fail of first try" - I don't think sts can do anything about this, 81 map is not gonna be easy as Brackenridge. This is an expansion map not your normal major event like halloween, goblin etc. Prior to this update many people already left the map when they can't figure out how to beat Rahab boss. It's not about the HP regeneration that some bosses have, it is about having no communication among random players to strategically time your skills and ulti to kill the boss/mobs.

"I can only now imagine people will truly discriminate warriors. Not gonna lie, I would prefer rogues in team compared to warriors for these maps."
    Rogue will still die because of this update. That's exactly when I see we need a decent war. After the update I truly feel the need for a warrior to tank some damage for the party as our skills have cd that would get us killed in the mean time. So I don't feel you have been relevant to what you said in your comment.

Regardless, they are paving way for 81 gears to come by, so logically 81 map is supposed to be hard without 81 gears, especially arcane gears. If you can run efficiently/fast without 81 gears, then there's no point for expansion, more like a big event instead.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post: