Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Fix to make Warr useful in 81

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Simple Fix to make Warr useful in 81

Make new bosses cause insta-death with warning which can only be avoidable by using 100% invulnerability from either Mage Shield or Horn of Renew...

(I hope this doesn't cause 4 mage parties :P)

Some pets will ofcourse need to be adjusted too...

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

One boss mechanic change might not be enough to make wars necessary. Mages could easily avoid this by timing their arc shields and they have more damage than wars. Pet adjustments are besides the point since any adjustment to a pet could practically benefit all classes if they have that same pet, just not to similar degrees. What really is needed to change here is the map design and intention for having certain types of mobs or bosses the way they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

One of the best aspects of this game is play anytime anywhere, not wait for the proper classes in random maps, not everyone has friends/guild to pt all the time and this would make it kinda like random evg...ppl left if no war joined there so was very difficult to even run the map that way.

Also have you tried maps 3 and 4? The mini boss there already do what you asking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Msrobinsonal View Post

One of the best aspects of this game is play anytime anywhere, not wait for the proper classes in random maps, not everyone has friends/guild to pt all the time and this would make it kinda like random evg...ppl left if no war joined there so was very difficult to even run the map that way.

Also have you tried maps 3 and 4? The mini boss there already do what you asking for.
    Have seen any of the new gold farming maps? Warriors are 0% needed there. This change would cause warriors to be needed in parties.

People are running all dps in those maps to farm gold, I have too.

I included a warr in my pt for couple runs, he was utterly useless eventhough he had 1.8k STR. All DPS party was significantly better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

We should not be forced to use a skill to survive some attack.
    Retired

6. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post

We should not be forced to use a skill to survive some attack.
    You wanna do the same dps as Rogues/Mages to be useful in the new goldloot maps? Get real bro, a tank shouldn't be doing damage to be useful, but rather provide utility.

If horn let's all party member survive, then it will become essential for all parties to have a warrior, hence making warriors useful.

Right now 4dps parties clear wayy faster and warriors are useless cuz of it. If this gets implemented, warriors will be needed to survive the instakill, that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Seems like a good idea, but several problems if its gonna be introduced
    1.) Like you said 4 mage parties gonna dominate
    2.) Secondly it is already almost present in ekenta boss where rogs and mages are basically one shot when you hit the boss at a certain stage and only wars can hit without dying. Didnt prove to be useful tho
    3.) And lastly imagine rogs/mages being toxic af when a war slightly mistimes the horn.

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    Seems like a good idea, but several problems if its gonna be introduced
    1.) Like you said 4 mage parties gonna dominate
    2.) Secondly it is already almost present in ekenta boss where rogs and mages are basically one shot when you hit the boss at a certain stage and only wars can hit without dying. Didnt prove to be useful tho
    3.) And lastly imagine rogs/mages being toxic af when a war slightly mistimes the horn.

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    1) Maybe they give Mage Shield 99.99%dmg absorb instead so it can't avoid instadeath.

2) Ekenta only causes instadeath if u attack it, people simply won't attack it if its dmg reflecting, or a 4 dps party simply kills it before it reaches that point. It's very different that what I suggested, I suggest the boss to do an unavoidable AOE damage that kills all members unless shielded by warrior's horn.

It will be a fun mechanic where all party members will run towards the warrior for the shield!

3) it will require warriors to take skills to play hehe, and eventually they will learn the perfect time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

From rogues side:

Yes, I can see how warrior useless now, but increasing difficulty of maps isn't the way, it will be just dead expansion, after last update I have ran 3 hours in new maps, made like 3-4m, this gold i can easily make in dm faster... just running new maps because not bored yet

Why I prefer to run new maps without warrior:
    Simple - because it's lower damage than mage/rogue and warrior doesnt help much even he is pro/skilled (call it whatever u want). Warriors just doesn't have proper skills to be real tank in this game, or their skills are broken
    Which warrior i would like in my party in new maps? ofc who will make my runs faster, how he can do it without quitting his role of tank:
    - if he can give me immune to reflected damage, immune to stuns, slows etc (this buff can be included to "rallying cry" skill)
    - give me some immortality more often than once per 22 sec, here some bug about warrior's heal ( https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ve-shield-quot ), but doesnt look like anyone supported me to repair it lol, because most of u are selfish warriors and only want to have damage instead some abilities for party
    - terror blade always welcomed in party, especially in party with mages, but price is 50m still? lol... this should be reduced ofc if u want see ALL warriors useful in maps but not only richie ones
    - taunt? taunts in this game is just a joke (also it has small area of effect), and not working properly, simple example: pool with sharks in mecharydon's lair, it goes to random player instead going to warrior who just axed boss, another example is that mob-bomb who choose target and follows it, and it never change target even if warrior used skill with taunt close to that mob
    -some old suggestion about GREAT BUFF for parties who has all classes, pathetic +30%damage or something like that won't work at all, if there will be +200gl or +100% stacking damage (or atleast +100% boss damage) its ok then

I can make this list of suggestions much longer how to make warrior useful and still keeping balance without increasing difficulty of maps, but who cares lol, devs care only about $$$, warriors care only about making damage as 2 other dps classes, good luck for you all, and in the end I want to tell (as every warrior told at 76 expansion): "go play another class if you don't like your current class now"
    Last edited by -Rogue-; 09-22-2021 at 05:44 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to -Rogue- For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Rogue- View Post
    From rogues side:

Yes, I can see how warrior useless now, but increasing difficulty of maps isn't the way, it will be just dead expansion, after last update I have ran 3 hours in new maps, made like 3-4m, this gold i can easily make in dm faster... just running new maps because not bored yet

Why I prefer to run new maps without warrior:
    Simple - because it's lower damage than mage/rogue and warrior doesnt help much even he is pro/skilled (call it whatever u want). Warriors just doesn't have proper skills to be real tank in this game, or their skills are broken
    Which warrior i would like in my party in new maps? ofc who will make my runs faster, how he can do it without quitting his role of tank:
    - if he can give me immune to reflected damage, immune to stuns, slows etc (this buff can be included to "rallying cry" skill)
    - give me some immortality more often than once per 22 sec, here some bug about warrior's heal ( https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ve-shield-quot ), but doesnt look like anyone supported me to repair it lol, because most of u are selfish warriors and only want to have damage instead some abilities for party
    - terror blade always welcomed in party, especially in party with mages, but price is 50m still? lol... this should be reduced ofc if u want see ALL warriors useful in maps but not only richie ones
    - taunt? taunts in this game is just a joke (also it has small area of effect), and not working properly, simple example: pool with sharks in mecharydon's lair, it goes to random player instead going to warrior who just axed boss, another example is that mob-bomb who choose target and follows it, and it never change target even if warrior used skill with taunt close to that mob
    -some old suggestion about GREAT BUFF for parties who has all classes, pathetic +30%damage or something like that won't work at all, if there will be +200gl or +100% stacking damage its ok then

I can make this list of suggestions much longer how to make warrior useful and still keeping balance without increasing difficulty of maps, but who cares lol, devs care only about $$$, warriors care only about making damage as 2 other dps classes, good luck for you all, and in the end I want to tell (as every warrior told at 76 expansion): "go play another class if you don't like your current class now"
    My suggestion doesn't increase difficulty at all!

I am talking about the gold farming maps: Mecha, Ekenta, and Rahab.

Once in a while these new bosses will cause insta-death to all party members. Make that Horn of Renew can avoid this death, that's all we need.

4 rog party will all die, Make mage shield provide 99% damage reduction for the first 2 second, instead of 2 second invulnerability.

This way, there's no way to complete those maps without warriors ^^

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    My suggestion doesn't increase difficulty at all!

I am talking about the gold farming maps: Mecha, Ekenta, and Rahab.

Once in a while these new bosses will cause insta-death to all party members. Make that Horn of Renew can avoid this death, that's all we need.

4 rog party will all die, Make mage shield provide 99% damage reduction for the first 2 second, instead of 2 second invulnerability.

This way, there's no way to complete those maps without warriors ^^

I want play with my spouce and friends, doesn't matter which class are they, and if we don't have warrior then we will suck and can't kill boss? That's wrong way too, having warrior in party should make runs much faster and easier, but shouldn't musthave in every party, its point of my comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Rogue- View Post
    I want play with my spouce and friends, doesn't matter which class are they, and if we don't have warrior then we will suck and can't kill boss? That's wrong way too, having warrior in party should make runs much faster and easier, but shouldn't musthave in every party, its point of my comment
    Warriors were must have an EVG too tho?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

You wanna do the same dps as Rogues/Mages to be useful in the new goldloot maps? Get real bro, a tank shouldn't be doing damage to be useful, but rather provide utility.

If horn let's all party member survive, then it will become essential for all parties to have a warrior, hence making warriors useful.

Right now 4dps parties clear wayy faster and warriors are useless cuz of it. If this gets implemented, warriors will be needed to survive the instakill, that's all.

No, I don’t want to do the same DPS as Rogues/Mages in the map, but I don’t want the whole party to be dependent on a single skill from one party member. Reasons:

* You can’t find a warrior to run with 100% of the time.
    * A simple ping spike will get the whole party killed.
    * Warrior gets all the blame for mistiming the skill.
    * A skill is a choice, that’s why we can use 4 out of 8.

Just because I disagree with your idea, doesn’t mean I want Warrior to be the DPS.

There might be other ways to make warrior useful.
    Retired

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

No, I don’t want to do the same DPS as Rogues/Mages in the map, but I don’t want the whole party to be dependent on a single skill from one party member. Reasons:

* You can’t find a warrior to run with 100% of the time.
    * A simple ping spike will get the whole party killed.
    * Warrior gets all the blame for mistiming the skill.
    * A skill is a choice, that’s why we can use 4 out of 8.

Just because I disagree with your idea, doesn’t mean I want Warrior to be the DPS.

There might be other ways to make warrior useful.
    Other than tanking the boss and aggroing it, or causing some sort of massive debuff, this is the only way I can think to make warrior usefull.

1) Bad pings would also kill warriors in EVG, so it isn't a good counter-reasoning

2) Warriors would need to learn to time properly.

3) Warriors were always needed in EVG, so keep looking till u find one like how people used to do it.

4) Just like how Aimedshot is needed on Rog, heal would be needed on warrior ^^

It's better than them being completely useless i feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Other than tanking the boss and aggroing it, or causing some sort of massive debuff, this is the only way I can think to make warrior usefull.

1) Bad pings would also kill warriors in EVG, so it isn't a good counter-reasoning

2) Warriors would need to learn to time properly.

3) Just like how Aimedshot is needed on Rog, heal would be needed on warrior ^^

It's better than them being completely useless i feel.

Reaching wave 80+ is optional, and even if you die, the rest of the party survives.

Can learn to time, but humans make mistakes, a simple mistiming of a skill shouldn’t be a death penalty for 3 other people.

Last time I checked you can play Rogue without Aimed Shot.
    Retired

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Warriors were must have an EVG too tho?
    My opinion about evg at 76 expansion:
    -tank should taunt everything
    -mage should kill mobs
    -rogue should kill spiders and boss
    But since taunts are broken and tanks got mage's role to clean mobs, and mage's gun proc better than rogue's bow for 3 reasons, rogue became weak in that map, but it doesn't mean that full rogue/mage party was sucking there and couldnt kill anything, warriors weren't must have in evg, they just make runs faster and can reach higher waves, I've run it several times with full rogue party or rogues + mages, and we were ok even we didnt reach higher than 45 wave

Atm just simple fixing of taunts for warrior can help parties to run evg succesful (taunt to avoid those random DoT from mobs to rogue/mage while warrior still alive with jugg)
    Last edited by -Rogue-; 09-22-2021 at 06:06 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to -Rogue- For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Reaching wave 80+ is optional, and even if you die, the rest of the party survives.

Can learn to time, but humans make mistakes, a simple mistiming of a skill shouldn’t be a death penalty for 3 other people.

Last time I checked you can play Rogue without Aimed Shot.
    If you are hoping for lvl 81 arcane weapons to fix the situation, I guess that's fine.

But if those weapons just provide buffs, then warriors will still be less impactfull than other classes on new maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

If you are hoping for lvl 81 arcane weapons to fix the situation, I guess that's fine.

But if those weapons just provide buffs, then warriors will still be less impactfull than other classes on new maps.

I think waiting for the Arcane weapons is not the ideal choice, since it might take too long for them to come, and Rogues/Mages would be too far ahead until then. In this thread I’m simply pointing out why I disagree with your suggestion. I don’t make decisions, Cinco might like it and do what you said.

We don’t know what the Arcane weapons will be, so we can only guess.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

For all those who think a warrior should only tank and heal,

i am very sorry but when i think about a warrior, this is what come to my mind:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.19.03 AM.png
Views: 275
Size:  677.6 KB
    A warrior is supposed to be able to kill and destroy too!!

After the expansion i feel a lot more like this now:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 8.17.30 AM.png
Views: 276
Size:  212.6 KB

And yes i understand that stacking proc is not the solution but...

Give us something so we can feel a bit more powerful when we have reach 2k+ strength and we are wearing 5 arcane gears 76!!

idk, maybe reduced Ultimate cooldown? or bring very soon new arcane weapon, i hope they start coming on Halloween!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

They thought it was an exploit, bug on process stacking but the only exploit there was the ultimate which when stacked with proc was very op damage numbers that one shotted bosses.

Just nerf hard the ultimate/unable to stack ult with procs....
    So so many ways yet they chose the most critical way to elicit a response from the player base. Knowing full well what they were going to do was going to destroy what many people spent time and money on... On your game.
    Wew