Thread: What I think about the expansion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Default What I think about the expansion

Give your insights down below on what your opinions are if you would like. Don't waste your time with being toxic, if thats your intention go some where else.
    Yeah, you might want to grab your reading glasses. I split the text up into groups so its easier to read.

The things I like about the expansion is the designs, the shark boss, the legendary sets, and the scenes on the computer.
    The designs of the new gears are a lot better than the gear we had in like maus, festerfang, and valley. It would be nice to have a way to craft them into vanities of different colors by using an amount of legendary helmets and vests with the crafting materials we loot in the basic 81 maps. The shark boss is very easy to do but still is a patience challenge for people to complete, if you are not patient then you will die from him. The legendary set is nice but only 3/3 is useful as having 6/6 you remove your vest, weapon, and belt procs. The scenes looked like they were difficult to make due to the graphics and limitations on movement, they look great and have a story to them.

Now on to the main part; the things I don't like. We are still doing bars on the main map to summon bosses, the point system to go up in ranks relies on daily quests, the mobs in the map are very easy for rogs, the vendor has unbelievable prices, the expansion can be completed in a day, every thing except the kraken can be soloed with ease, there is nothing to keep us wanting to play, and the new vanity will take months to earn.

The bars to open boss spawn lairs has been in this game since level 46 with northal, its a cool concept but it gets old and when it takes an entire community more than 4 days to open one of the 3 spawn zones that shows that no one really plays the new maps much. We did get what we asked for and that was an underwater expansion but the mechanics of stuff was a huge downfall.

The point system we were looking for stuff similar to maus; maus was probably one of the best expansion where it always had something for you to do and as you said there were over 500 different randomly generated maps for maus so we never knew which path was the correct path. This zodias point system relies mostly off of boring daily quests, we only do the daily quests to level up.

The maps if you know how to play; are way too easy to complete and they have the wrong type of mechanics for this game. Suicide bomber I admit is very funny when it blows people up, but the damage reflect mobs I admit they are cool but when you are a rog and fire a bow aiming at a crab infront of you; your rogue shoots an arrow out of its back attacking the shielded enemy killing you in the process.

The vendors prices are self explanatory when you see them.

Back to the maus thing, we want an expansion that takes months to complete keeping us doing different things, zodias was done in a day quest and map wise. Make it where farming those maps allows us to unlock more and more things through the vendor or possibly buy level 81 gear ranging from legendary to arcane but you have to get up to a certain badge in order to buy them. Level 81 can have a mythic set better than the legendary and arcane can be better than mythic but its 3/3 not 6/6, it does not have to require procs. You will have to add more zones increasing in difficulty, so I am not sure about adding mythic and arcane set gears similar to legendary.

Soloing maps as a rogue or mage is very easy IF you know how to play the game correctly. If you compared these maps to swamp temple wave 104+, these maps are a piece of cake as to swamp temple you are fighting 20+ mobs at once that can end your life with 1 shot. I understand they are ment to be easy for new players though.

The vanity is boring to obtain due to the fact you have to do story quests to get points so that you can craft it. We want something like glintstone, craft this then craft that until you reach the final pieces. You feel like you have something you want to do, putting the main item out there; everyone sees how much it takes to craft at once so no one will want to craft it.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 09-23-2021 at 10:57 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post: