Thread: What I think about the expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default What I think about the expansion

Give your insights down below on what your opinions are if you would like. Don't waste your time with being toxic, if thats your intention go some where else.
    Yeah, you might want to grab your reading glasses. I split the text up into groups so its easier to read.

The things I like about the expansion is the designs, the shark boss, the legendary sets, and the scenes on the computer.
    The designs of the new gears are a lot better than the gear we had in like maus, festerfang, and valley. It would be nice to have a way to craft them into vanities of different colors by using an amount of legendary helmets and vests with the crafting materials we loot in the basic 81 maps. The shark boss is very easy to do but still is a patience challenge for people to complete, if you are not patient then you will die from him. The legendary set is nice but only 3/3 is useful as having 6/6 you remove your vest, weapon, and belt procs. The scenes looked like they were difficult to make due to the graphics and limitations on movement, they look great and have a story to them.

Now on to the main part; the things I don't like. We are still doing bars on the main map to summon bosses, the point system to go up in ranks relies on daily quests, the mobs in the map are very easy for rogs, the vendor has unbelievable prices, the expansion can be completed in a day, every thing except the kraken can be soloed with ease, there is nothing to keep us wanting to play, and the new vanity will take months to earn.

The bars to open boss spawn lairs has been in this game since level 46 with northal, its a cool concept but it gets old and when it takes an entire community more than 4 days to open one of the 3 spawn zones that shows that no one really plays the new maps much. We did get what we asked for and that was an underwater expansion but the mechanics of stuff was a huge downfall.

The point system we were looking for stuff similar to maus; maus was probably one of the best expansion where it always had something for you to do and as you said there were over 500 different randomly generated maps for maus so we never knew which path was the correct path. This zodias point system relies mostly off of boring daily quests, we only do the daily quests to level up.

The maps if you know how to play; are way too easy to complete and they have the wrong type of mechanics for this game. Suicide bomber I admit is very funny when it blows people up, but the damage reflect mobs I admit they are cool but when you are a rog and fire a bow aiming at a crab infront of you; your rogue shoots an arrow out of its back attacking the shielded enemy killing you in the process.

The vendors prices are self explanatory when you see them.

Back to the maus thing, we want an expansion that takes months to complete keeping us doing different things, zodias was done in a day quest and map wise. Make it where farming those maps allows us to unlock more and more things through the vendor or possibly buy level 81 gear ranging from legendary to arcane but you have to get up to a certain badge in order to buy them. Level 81 can have a mythic set better than the legendary and arcane can be better than mythic but its 3/3 not 6/6, it does not have to require procs. You will have to add more zones increasing in difficulty, so I am not sure about adding mythic and arcane set gears similar to legendary.

Soloing maps as a rogue or mage is very easy IF you know how to play the game correctly. If you compared these maps to swamp temple wave 104+, these maps are a piece of cake as to swamp temple you are fighting 20+ mobs at once that can end your life with 1 shot. I understand they are ment to be easy for new players though.

The vanity is boring to obtain due to the fact you have to do story quests to get points so that you can craft it. We want something like glintstone, craft this then craft that until you reach the final pieces. You feel like you have something you want to do, putting the main item out there; everyone sees how much it takes to craft at once so no one will want to craft it.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 09-23-2021 at 10:57 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It’s a solid point that you made but keep in mind STS had to rush things for demanding player and we still do not have all the things released yet . Give it time . Mausoleum was same issue in the first 1-2 months .

PS stay positive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I read that you compared half of your thread to mausoleum and how great it was. You said you want it back like it was in expansion with get that tokens points buy that unlock there... But now lets say they would have done it the same way everybody would now complain they just copy pasted an earlier expansion. In my opinion we should wait the next weeks and see what new aps they will offer us when the new season starts. And I wonder if we will get like always 10k mobs and 1k bosses in elite zones. I think they must be kraken/mechardyon and ekenta. But I still wonder where we will get the 10k mobs bc 3 mobs in event map will take ages. I am pretty sure we only got like 60-70% of the expansion and can await some more big releases which will give us more fun. Heads up to all wars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    I read that you compared half of your thread to mausoleum and how great it was. You said you want it back like it was in expansion with get that tokens points buy that unlock there... But now lets say they would have done it the same way everybody would now complain they just copy pasted an earlier expansion. In my opinion we should wait the next weeks and see what new aps they will offer us when the new season starts. And I wonder if we will get like always 10k mobs and 1k bosses in elite zones. I think they must be kraken/mechardyon and ekenta. But I still wonder where we will get the 10k mobs bc 3 mobs in event map will take ages. I am pretty sure we only got like 60-70% of the expansion and can await some more big releases which will give us more fun. Heads up to all wars.
    I do relate it to maus because maus took us a very long time to complete, I just didn't spend the time to think of something else that would take a long time to complete in a fun way so I compared it to maus. But the point is we want something fun that takes a long time to complete. Crafting the glint set you had to get 1 piece at a time, if they just put the set in the crafting station and had people gain all of the materials at once to craft it then it would be boring and would look impossible.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yes things on which you take a long time to achieve are great, but the top lb players will complain bc they don't have the time or people with family like in another thread stated don't have the time and so on. Nowadays people want everything to be done in 1 week max and if its not possible they start complaining. Thats the new modern world also in real life. Actually whatever you do theres always somebody who will complain. So you have to find the way with the less complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Yes things on which you take a long time to achieve are great, but the top lb players will complain bc they don't have the time or people with family like in another thread stated don't have the time and so on. Nowadays people want everything to be done in 1 week max and if its not possible they start complaining. Thats the new modern world also in real life. Actually whatever you do theres always somebody who will complain. So you have to find the way with the less complaints.
    Leaderboards for events is a reason to complain about time wise because it has a set duration but stuff thats in the game permanently does not have a timed duration, its there for ever. I was able to work 12-18 hours a day 6 days a week and still have the time to log on and play for fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

My view on expansion:
    Dislikes:
    • The lack of proc stacking for tanks.
    • Retracing steps to unlock the gates is clumsy, the dungeons don’t flow well when solo or duo.
    • One quest can take multiple runs to complete, while other party mates finish with one run thru the quest campaign.
    • Point and ranking system is another boring uneventful grind for little drops.
    • Aiming to shoot a crab directly in front of my rogue, and hit a shielded mobs leaves little desire to play
    • Not being able to view the token vender until a certain rank. No incentive.
    • Lack of pink gears.

• Art work is good.
    • Like the boss mechanics for the most part.

What would be useful:
    • Allow tanks to use some type of proc with two weaps.
    • Lower the drop rate of rare and epic gears, replace them with a chest that holds a chance for craft ingredients, rare, epic, and legendary gears.
    • Add legendary loot from the sea chests & all bosses in the dungeons.
    • Make the maps flow better, clear right to open left, move up left to right, so on and so forth. (Less running back down the map)

(Will add more later-maybe)

Avy

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

This game is a 'mmo' at this point I would hardly call it one. Wheres the content? You all want to spend months of your time doing daily quests for a vanity..? AL is has more become like a socialize chatting app with avatars then an actual mmo

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I split the text up into groups so its easier to read.
    Ah yes, they're called paragraphs. XD

Anyway,

What I like:
    * The graphics
    * Making it easier to level up
    * Removal of proc-stacks
    * A good idea to make the maps be anti-bot without making them horrible labyrinths (looking at Mogera Lair and Festerfang Swamp)
    * Vanities and Eggs dropping from Bosses.

What I think can improve:
    * Vanities and Eggs dropping from Bosses, but maybe spread the drops a bit more. Maybe Mythic Egg from Normal map, while Heroic one from Rahabkor, or give some unique drop to each map, excluding the gears.
    * The rank system is a good start. Pretty sure new things will be added to it, but right now it feels empty.
    * The town doesn't have any tune. I like how you can hear people talking and stuff, but I can definitely see myself getting bored of that in a few weeks.

What I dislike:
    * The new maps aren't Warrior-friendly at all.
    * Daily quests that take too long to finish. They're even worse when you're a Warrior.
    * We can't relax in that pool inside the building. Maybe should get that privilege once we're Champions with 150,000 points? >_>
    Retired

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

I wouldnt judge the entire expansion content cause its probably only half of it, that said
    Good sides:
    I like the 4 maps + 3 boss content
    I like the mobs kind and its design
    I like bosses design and its mechanics aswell
    I like the legendary set giving bonus stats
    I like spirit set lvling in zodias maps
    I like the town design, especially the "vault" Zone
    I like myth pet and legendary items looting from bosses

Bad sides:
    The 2-2 maps are a mess, there is a crazy order to follow to unlock zones, it makes me pissed to run those maps
    The loot from bosses are not enough to make us run them
    The quests takes too long to complete
    The token vendor havent nothing good to make us grind
    The rank points system (for now) have no point to exist
    The legend bonus set breaks the idea of bonus coming from "set items
    The rogues dominates in a ratio of 90-10-0 rogue-mage-warrior

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

erhhheemmmm, gotta clear out my lungs lol.

-awsome enemies
    -levels are complex
    -i wanna see additional quests that utilize the update...like killing 1k fish (a good legendary unsellable) killing 10k vanity recolor, soloing a boss (gold yay)
    -vanitys are nice, im happy

Dislikes:
    -Maps are bloody confusing no arrows...so looking to where you need to go is a pain!
    -lack of water levels for the time we waited for an update
    -need a button to auto liquidate button, so junk drops and easily fill character storage.....makes remapping a hassle
    -missions need adjustments....remapping for the same items isnt really fun...like other levels anyway
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

18. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I get lost in these maps easily. It's bad enough me getting lost irl most of the time.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeah you prove a nice point. Like maybe we are rushing and maybe they have something very nice plan, which idk what it could be as of rn it seems not the best. But yeah the maps are cool and all but maus concept was nice. It literally doesn’t keep you busy and well if they took 2 years for this expansion then I mean we’d kinda expect something that cannot be finished a literally a day.

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    This game is a 'mmo' at this point I would hardly call it one. Wheres the content? You all want to spend months of your time doing daily quests for a vanity..? AL is has more become like a socialize chatting app with avatars then an actual mmo
    VR chat inc.
    But not VR.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hope sts listen to you because right now whats going on is so wrong. I didnt wanna complain but GOD; STS, U GUYS TRYING TO SHUTDOWN THE GAME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Expansion is decent, bringing back some old ways of running combined with new difficult mechanics. Gameplay wise, removing proc stacking was massive and probably halved the active player base, if not more. Absence of viable gl farms, oversights with progression-related stuff, bosses and mobs that 1-hit you, so much going on that still needs some further attention. Having to deal with like double the time to complete a certain map is quite frustrating, not to mention that wars got their roles stripped from them atm. Overall, the fun and anticipation of the expansion got nuked and greatly shadowed by the mere fact that almost all gear become worthless and gl farming isn't worth doing, not to mention the obvious needs for actual class balancing. Fun of running got hit hard imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dozers View Post
    Expansion is decent, bringing back some old ways of running combined with new difficult mechanics. Gameplay wise, removing proc stacking was massive and probably halved the active player base, if not more. Absence of viable gl farms, oversights with progression-related stuff, bosses and mobs that 1-hit you, so much going on that still needs some further attention. Having to deal with like double the time to complete a certain map is quite frustrating, not to mention that wars got their roles stripped from them atm. Overall, the fun and anticipation of the expansion got nuked and greatly shadowed by the mere fact that almost all gear become worthless and gl farming isn't worth doing, not to mention the obvious needs for actual class balancing. Fun of running got hit hard imo.
    The only reason people were playing was the gold farm.. Repetitive but rewarding..
    And we needed all three classes... Wars for clearing/aggro/tank spider, mages and rog sole focus on boss dmg/elite on spider and duggar.

And everyone got their gold where wars had to put more effort.

But now, they nerf the bonkers out of wars+ change mechanic + collapse economy for warriors *alone*.
    To achieve what? No new arcanes released, no potent gold farm map needing 3 classes like before, absolutely no balance. but what they did achieve was
    Kill whatever balance there was.
    Destroy a class and the equipments to oblivion.
    Remove a fun playstyle.
    And made it back to pick dps and solo content.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They should see that it would have been a win win if they nerfed the proc stacking /ultimate...which could have lowered the hit on warriors plus making what they called a festering exploit to be made into something still playable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhguhbuhbuh View Post
    I get lost in these maps easily. It's bad enough me getting lost irl most of the time.
    That was just funny lol.