Thread: Whats wrong with arcane legends ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    EVG would have been the most balanced map if proc stacking was never a thing.

It's designed so that warriors tank the mobs and bosses, mage helps clear the mobs, and Rogs kill bosses.

I am sure if they re-release this type of map, everyone will be happy.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    I have noticed you like EVG too much, but you have to understand that EVG is not the only map in AL. EVG is unique, and I know that some people love that kind of map, but there are also people who don't like it at all, and probably some in the neutral zone. I don't think making every map like EVG is a good idea, it would be extremely repetitive and super boring.

There are some maps that are (or have been in their own time) pretty good for all classes, but here we are dealing with a recurring issue for the majority of the maps. For example, in 41 Cap, although Warrior was quite useless, for the average party it was almost impossible to run maps like Planar Tombs 3 without one. Having a good Warrior in Planar Arena when Mushrooms spawned was also a good thing. Warrior was also pretty good to have vs Elite Cryostar in 56 cap, to absorb all the damage that the worms did when they spawned. But those cases are very few considering that each expansion brought multiple maps.

So basically, in every expansion, there might have been only one or no maps that having every class was worth it. As time goes on, every map becomes easier and because of how the game works, Rogue becomes the best choice for everywhere. In those maps I mentioned earlier, there is no need for a Warrior now. This is like a confirmation that everything else is useless, and dishing out big damage is the only way.

In EVG, a few years from now on (or maybe as soon as 81 Arcanes are released), Rogues will one shot all the mobs with their AoE skill, and then one shot the boss too, so why invite Warriors there? Imagine how easy it would be for Rogues and Mages to get rich if STS didn't nerf the gold drops there. XD

Ideally, I think STS and us just want every map to be good for all classes, but that is impossible as long as there are no fundamental changes on how the game works.

To sum it up, we'll be stuck in this cycle of repeating the same things in every new event/expansion/map. And then everything becomes a cakewalk for Rogues and Mages as time goes on.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I have noticed you like EVG too much, but you have to understand that EVG is not the only map in AL. EVG is unique, and I know that some people love that kind of map, but there are also people who don't like it at all, and probably some in the neutral zone. I don't think making every map like EVG is a good idea, it would be extremely repetitive and super boring.

There are some maps that are (or have been in their own time) pretty good for all classes, but here we are dealing with a recurring issue for the majority of the maps. For example, in 41 Cap, although Warrior was quite useless, for the average party it was almost impossible to run maps like Planar Tombs 3 without one. Having a good Warrior in Planar Arena when Mushrooms spawned was also a good thing. Warrior was also pretty good to have vs Elite Cryostar in 56 cap, to absorb all the damage that the worms did when they spawned. But those cases are very few considering that each expansion brought multiple maps.

So basically, in every expansion, there might have been only one or no maps that having every class was worth it. As time goes on, every map becomes easier and because of how the game works, Rogue becomes the best choice for everywhere. In those maps I mentioned earlier, there is no need for a Warrior now. This is like a confirmation that everything else is useless, and dishing out big damage is the only way.

In EVG, a few years from now on (or maybe as soon as 81 Arcanes are released), Rogues will one shot all the mobs with their AoE skill, and then one shot the boss too, so why invite Warriors there? Imagine how easy it would be for Rogues and Mages to get rich if STS didn't nerf the gold drops there. XD

Ideally, I think STS and us just want every map to be good for all classes, but that is impossible as long as there are no fundamental changes on how the game works.

To sum it up, we'll be stuck in this cycle of repeating the same things in every new event/expansion/map. And then everything becomes a cakewalk for Rogues and Mages as time goes on.
    I personally disagree with the whole " change the game up" philosophy.
    I hear so many players say they miss the old days and theres a reason for that. The game in the process of trying to keep things fresh has changed it so much that its no longer the game they chose to play. There is barely any familiarity left to the way things use to be. Change can be a good thing but to much and your left with nothing you remember.